Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone buying it?

Lame story Zelda is getting all sorts of 10s. I'm curious tbh. Would love tobplay it after HZD...but hard to tell of its worth it because Nintendo is so ty with new content and never really delivers as far narrative goes.

By the looks of it though, Zelda probably has the best gameplay of all time...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no reason to buy it right now unless you really want to play Zelda. Otherwise you might as well wait a few months for there to be a full library of games and maybe a bundled game when you buy the system. Not to on the Switch, I'd say the same thing if there was a PS5 or XBox coming out today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no reason to buy it right now unless you really want to play Zelda. Otherwise you might as well wait a few months for there to be a full library of games and maybe a bundled game when you buy the system. Not to on the Switch, I'd say the same thing if there was a PS5 or XBox coming out today.
    I dont expect nintendo to ever have the same potential as far as library goes as Sony and Microsoft. Developers hate them.

But word is, they're changing their approach with third party developers..mso who knows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont expect nintendo to ever have the same potential as far as library goes as Sony and Microsoft. Developers hate them.

But word is, they're changing their approach with third party developers..mso who knows
    They hate them because their consoles have been badly underpowered since Wii. And before that they used horrible formats in Gamecube (the tiny discs) and N64 (the cartridges instead of CD) that kept devs from being able to make their games as big as what PS1/PS2/XBox could handle. I don't see it changing with the Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the third Switch thread on the front page.

In any case, I'm not an eight-year-old Japanese kid so I haven't been a member of Nintendo's target audience for many years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at making their game cartridges taste like to discourage people from eating them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breath of the Wild drops to 20 fps all the time when in docked mode
    Switch can't even render games at 1600x900
    Makes XBox One look powerful
    Nintendo

Starts at 7:30

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breath of the Wild drops to 20 fps all the time when in docked mode
    Switch can't even render games at 1600x900
    Makes XBox One look powerful
    Nintendo

Starts at 7:30
    Yeah. Apparently game has issues performance wise and its significant. Reviewers didnt dock point from it though because its a "fun zelda" game while admitting there is performance issues.

Video gaming joirnalism at best.

Some games get murderex for even having a slight performance issue.

Nintendo sure does know who to give review copies to..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Apparently game has issues performance wise and its significant. Reviewers didnt dock point from it though because its a "fun zelda" game while admitting there is performance issues.

Video gaming joirnalism at best.

Some games get murderex for even having a slight performance issue.

Nintendo sure does know who to give review copies to..
    No , Bloodborne got hammered by reviews for inconsistent performance and load times, but I don't think it ever regularly dropped to 20 fps the way this Zelda does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This console must be selling like , because I see they're in stock at a bunch of Targets in the San Antonio - Austin area.

LOL couldn't find an NES Mini anywhere but you can get their new console just walking into the store.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I got the Wii U just for Smash 4, and Smash, Splatoon and Bayonetta are the only things I've played on it. I hate the controller; it's ing bulky and useless. At least with Smash, I could use the (16-year-old) Gamecube controller, which is kind of ty, too, if I'm being honest. But I had to play through Bayonetta with that ty ing Wii U controller.

The Gamecube was the last Nintendo console that wasn't based on one big gimmick. They struck gold with the Wii's gimmick, then went back to the well too soon with the Wii U and paid for it. Now they have released yet another gimmick console instead of making one with actual controllers, that can perform on the level of the PS4 and XBone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the Wii U just for Smash 4, and Smash, Splatoon and Bayonetta are the only things I've played on it. I hate the controller; it's ing bulky and useless. At least with Smash, I could use the (16-year-old) Gamecube controller, which is kind of ty, too, if I'm being honest. But I had to play through Bayonetta with that ty ing Wii U controller.

The Gamecube was the last Nintendo console that wasn't based on one big gimmick. They struck gold with the Wii's gimmick, then went back to the well too soon with the Wii U and paid for it. Now they have released yet another gimmick console instead of making one with actual controllers, that can perform on the level of the PS4 and XBone.
    You don't have a 360? Bayonetta came out on that too, and it runs really well (the PS3 port is awful though).

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I actually like the Wii U gamepad. I find it surprisingly comfortable for such a bulky controller. Hardly anyone ever used the second screen in an interesting way, including Nintendo, but the Off-TV Play feature is awesome. And it's executed a lot better than Sony's Remote Play on the Vita, which suffers from unplayable levels of lag and frame drops.

As for the Switch, Nintendo has lost their mind. This is another classic example of the old farts who run Nintendo only caring about Japan and failing to do their homework on the rest of the world. The fact that Nintendo is only releasing a handheld this generation makes sense once you consider that the Japanese are getting rid of their TVs entirely and have a significant handheld gaming culture. But then once you realize that the portable console market is shrinking everywhere else in the world, it's still idiotic on Nintendo's part.

The biggest disappointment is how awful the build quality is. Nintendo used to pride itself on making durable products. That's where the "Nintendium" meme came from. Now, the Switch gets scratched up if you breathe on it funny, the left JoyCon doesn't work right, some Switches aren't even reading cartridges, there's been issues with dead pixels on the screen, etc. I don't think I'll buy one until a sturdier redesigned model comes out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zelda is the most overrated series in gaming history imo...Nintendo needs to quit rehashing old ass bull and come out with something fresh. I imagine the only people who buy switches are 30 year old hipsters trying to relive nostalgia of their youth and little kids. Don't see who else would play this console. Lol 32gb internal storage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo used to pride itself on making durable products.
    Definitely not with the cartridge connector on the NES that always failed within a year or two causing that constant reset loop every time you inserted a new cartridge and powered on. At least fixing that doesn't require any soldering though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zelda is the most overrated series in gaming history imo...Nintendo needs to quit rehashing old ass bull and come out with something fresh. I imagine the only people who buy switches are 30 year old hipsters trying to relive nostalgia of their youth and little kids. Don't see who else would play this console. Lol 32gb internal storage
    Yeah I hated Twilight Princess (most boring game ever), which the reviewers all busted in their pants over. There are three Zelda games I really enjoyed: A Link to the Past on SNES (by far the best in the series), Ocarina of Time on N64 (excellent but a little overrated), and Zelda 1 on NES. I think Breath of the Wild looks so ty graphically. Graphics aren't everything to me, as I still love playing games dating back to even the 2600 days, but that art style looks like ass to me. Like it was only done that way to try to overcome the hardware limitations of the Switch and the Wii-U. And the Switch can't even render those ty graphics at 1600x900 at 30 fps. That's embarrassing considering 1080p is 44% more pixels than 900p and we're nearing the end of the 1080p era for consoles. I imagine within a year or two PS4 Pro will be the only PS4 you can buy and same for Scorpio.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Definitely not with the cartridge connector on the NES that always failed within a year or two causing that constant reset loop every time you inserted a new cartridge and powered on. At least fixing that doesn't require any soldering though.
    The NES was a bit finicky, but the SNES, N64 and especially the Gamecube were durable as . The show X-Play did a durability test with the Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox once. The Gamecube stil worked perfectly even after they dropped a ten-pound weight on it, hit it with a sledgehammer and dropped it from a two-story building. It only took minor cosmetic damage.

Their handheld consoles were also super durable. Case in point: the OG Game Boy that survived a barracks bombing during the Gulf War and still works:

http://geekologie.com/2008/03/gamebo...bing-still.php

Meanwhile, the Switch is brand new and is a rickety piece of straight out of the box. It's so obvious they rushed this thing to shelves for Zelda.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    You don't have a 360? Bayonetta came out on that too, and it runs really well (the PS3 port is awful though).
    My 360 broke for the last time a good 4 or 5 years ago. That plus I got the Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2 combopack. Bayonetta 2 ain't on the 360.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo Switch Owners Complain About Dead Pixels, Nintendo Says They're 'Normal'

Nintendo says the dead or stuck pixels Switch owners are complaining about are "normal" and not defects. "New Switch players have taken to online discussion boards, including a 2,000-comment strong Reddit post, to complain of screen issues distracting play, unbecoming of a $300 handheld gaming machine," reports The Guardian. From the report: In a support do ent en led "There are black or bright dots on the Nintendo Switch screen that do not go away, or there are dark or light patches on the screen," Nintendo said: "Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect." Customers wishing to swap their Switch consoles with defective screens will get no support from Nintendo. A similar issue happened with the Nintendo DS at launch in the U.S., but the Japanese gaming company eventually relented after complaints from buyers, begrudgingly offering replacements under warranty. Nintendo also warned users that using the Switch near an aquarium or within a meter of another wireless device, including laptops, wireless headsets, wireless printers, microwaves, cordless phones or even USB-3.0 compatible devices "such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc," might cause the Joy-Con controllers to disconnect from the Switch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Holy ing .

Telling their own fanboys is their own fault. Genius marketing ploy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buddy of mine bought Bomberman for $50 and said it was one of the worst games he's ever played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I hope this fails and fails hard. I want the awesome Nintendo consoles that were at the cutting edge of gaming like the N64 and before, not this gimmicky crap they have been doing every release since and including the Wii. Wii is probably the second lamest console I have ever owned (PSP was the worst) and I'm not buying Nintendo again until they make something at least compe ive with the compe ion. It's not like the current gen of consoles from Sony and Microsoft is anything hard to match, considering they're both using extreme low end cpus with the PS4/PS4 Slim/XBox One/XBox One S using very low end gpus while the PS4 Pro uses a lower midrange gpu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buddy of mine bought Bomberman for $50 and said it was one of the worst games he's ever played
    Who was even clamoring for a new Bomberman?

Bomberman was fun 30 years ago on the NES but that is old and games have moved on. What can you do with that kind of game now? Nintendo might as well have gone back 35 years and brought back Mario Bros (the crappy arcade game that took place on one screen).

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Holy ing .

Telling their own fanboys is their own fault. Genius marketing ploy.
    companies always say that about LCDs, tbh. it sucks to be on the phone trying to explain to someone that their LCD falls within allowed failure rate though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL the Switch is such a piece of . Dragon Quest Heroes 2 runs at 60 fps on PoorStation 4 but the Switch gets a port of the PS3 version and can't even keep 30 fps.

Thread Information