Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still kind of shocked you got this (and at $60) given how much you used to talk about this game.

Interested in what you think after playing it for a few hours.
    I'm willing to give it another shot as it's been so long Playing with an actual in controller will do a lot with how I feel about the game. The game was just dropped off but I gotta head to work in a few, so we shall see. I'll give you an update tomorrow or Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still kind of shocked you got this (and at $60) given how much you used to talk about this game.

Interested in what you think after playing it for a few hours.
    Well, after playing a couple hours last night and a couple today, motion controls can still eat a . Using the pro controller is better but not by a whole lot, controls are still clunky as . But the game itself looks great, with 1080p and 60fps all the way around. Looks way better and is more fun than ty twilight princess. That Fi doesn't bother you near as much, which is something I remember first time around, along with choosing to do fast texts. Just changes that made the game more up to date.

If they made the game without the motion control gimmick, it'd be oh so much better. But, it is what it is.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, after playing a couple hours last night and a couple today, motion controls can still eat a . Using the pro controller is better but not by a whole lot, controls are still clunky as . But the game itself looks great, with 1080p and 60fps all the way around. Looks way better and is more fun than ty twilight princess. That Fi doesn't bother you near as much, which is something I remember first time around, along with choosing to do fast texts. Just changes that made the game more up to date.

If they made the game without the motion control gimmick, it'd be oh so much better. But, it is what it is.
    I like the motion controls in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Odyssey, but haven't been impressed with them anywhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol they just added BT support

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo Direct at 5PM CST get in here jeebus

Supposed to be 40 minutes so should be some good revealed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo Direct at 5PM CST get in here jeebus

Supposed to be 40 minutes so should be some good revealed
    4pm my time. I have....hopes. Not high hopes, just hopes. I would like for their online catalog to actually be worth it. So many N64 games I'd love to play again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4pm my time. I have....hopes. Not high hopes, just hopes. I would like for their online catalog to actually be worth it. So many N64 games I'd love to play again.
    They will be unveiling a new controller today most likely, which has a lot of people thinking they might add N64 games. Could be some lame Gameboy inspired controller though. Either way probably a safe bet we get some older catalog games today either for Nintendo Switch Online or perhaps a new subscription service since Nintendo might think $20 a year is too cheap for access to games for three or four systems instead of two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will be unveiling a new controller today most likely, which has a lot of people thinking they might add N64 games. Could be some lame Gameboy inspired controller though. Either way probably a safe bet we get some older catalog games today either for Nintendo Switch Online or perhaps a new subscription service since Nintendo might think $20 a year is too cheap for access to games for three or four systems instead of two.
    That's what I heard too, with it being gameboy-esque. Meh. I'll have to wait and see. Yeah, $20 a year is way too cheap if they add a load of games. If they do unlock their vault, it could go monthly subs, like $5 a month. Who knows. Nintendo is tough to predict, which is why I don't do it much. Everyone always tries to anticipate what they'll release and when Nintendo doesn't do it, they get pissed off. Like the "switch pro". No evidence they were making it but everyone decided they were...until they weren't. And they all got pissed off lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I heard too, with it being gameboy-esque. Meh. I'll have to wait and see. Yeah, $20 a year is way too cheap if they add a load of games. If they do unlock their vault, it could go monthly subs, like $5 a month. Who knows. Nintendo is tough to predict, which is why I don't do it much. Everyone always tries to anticipate what they'll release and when Nintendo doesn't do it, they get pissed off. Like the "switch pro". No evidence they were making it but everyone decided they were...until they weren't. And they all got pissed off lol.
    You gonna try to get the OLED model? If my Switch wasn't hackable I would have probably sold it to get the OLED. But no way I'd sell my hacked Switch. Man I use it so much for emulation. E.g. right now I'm playing the Japanese Super Famicom version of Dragon Quest 2 on it, ing love having a portable SNES / Super Famicom / NES / Famicom / Famicom Disk System / PC Engine / Genesis / MAME machine. Plays the handhelds like GBA, Game Boy Color, Game Boy, and Wonder Swan really well too. Probably will use it mostly for emulation until Shin Megami Tensei V comes out in November (hopefully).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently that controller's public release got pushed back to October 31st according to an FCC filing, so maybe we don't see it here today. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo of Japan just revealed Kirby Discovery, Splatoon 3, "BOTW 2", and Bayonetta 3 as 2022 games. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page where they show 2022 releases:

nintendo.co.jp/schedule/#switch

I say "BOTW 2" because it doesn't give a new name for it, just calls it 「ゼルダの伝説 ブレスオブザワイルド」続編, which reads like

"Zeruda no Densetsu Buresu obu za Wairudo" Zokuhen

and means

"The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild" Continuation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never played a tabletop RPG, but when I see Yoko Tarou and Yosuke Saito making a game, I'm ing getting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N64 and Genesis added to Nintendo Switch Online but in a separate tier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N64 and 3-button Genesis wireless controllers will be released for Switch too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , Actraiser remaster available today. Art looks awesome in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Seth Rogan playing Donkey Kong in the new Mario anime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, finally some gameplay from Bayonetta 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gonna try to get the OLED model? If my Switch wasn't hackable I would have probably sold it to get the OLED. But no way I'd sell my hacked Switch. Man I use it so much for emulation. E.g. right now I'm playing the Japanese Super Famicom version of Dragon Quest 2 on it, ing love having a portable SNES / Super Famicom / NES / Famicom / Famicom Disk System / PC Engine / Genesis / MAME machine. Plays the handhelds like GBA, Game Boy Color, Game Boy, and Wonder Swan really well too. Probably will use it mostly for emulation until Shin Megami Tensei V comes out in November (hopefully).
    Fuuuuuck no. Mine still works fine and I never play that in handheld mode. Maybe if they upped the processor so it could play games without the lag and in 1080 all round....maybe. But the console is almost 5 years old now and you gotta be thinking they'll start hinting at a new one in 2023. That or they'll definitely put in a better processor for some sweet 4k/60fps goodness. But it sounds like yours is all set for the forseeable future as well. I wouldn't see that if I were you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo of Japan just revealed Kirby Discovery, Splatoon 3, "BOTW 2", and Bayonetta 3 as 2022 games. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page where they show 2022 releases:

nintendo.co.jp/schedule/#switch

I say "BOTW 2" because it doesn't give a new name for it, just calls it 「ゼルダの伝説 ブレスオブザワイルド」続編, which reads like

"Zeruda no Densetsu Buresu obu za Wairudo" Zokuhen

and means

"The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild" Continuation
    Yeah, knew that was 2022. I guessed it'd be next year as of early last year. I mean, it was possible they could've done it this year but I don't know how Nintendo dealt with COVID last year in Japan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N64 and Genesis added to Nintendo Switch Online but in a separate tier
    I'll proooooobably be getting that. Surely they must be adding more games. I'll tell you one game I really enjoyed on the N64...Vigilante 8. Loved that . Don't know why they don't make those types of games anymore. I'd play the out of a new twisted metal game.

N64 and 3-button Genesis wireless controllers will be released for Switch too
    $50.....I'm gonna wait on them. Gonna see how well they're made and if the joycons suck or not.

LOL Seth Rogan playing Donkey Kong in the new Mario anime
    That movie could be the s or it could just suck monkey balls. I dig the cast but it's all about the writing/jokes. It's obvious they're going for the humorous setting over what they did in '93 with whatever the genre you can call that one. I'm still craving a show of Zelda as you can't do that story in just one movie, but I'm afraid they'll it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That movie could be the s or it could just suck monkey balls. I dig the cast but it's all about the writing/jokes. It's obvious they're going for the humorous setting over what they did in '93 with whatever the genre you can call that one. I'm still craving a show of Zelda as you can't do that story in just one movie, but I'm afraid they'll it up.
    Did you ever see the Super Mario anime they did in the 80s? It's actually pretty awesome but never got translated AFAIK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That woulda been awesome to watch as a kid, as I liked the Mario super show they had. I definitely would've watched this if it was aired/translated for here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That woulda been awesome to watch as a kid, as I liked the Mario super show they had. I definitely would've watched this if it was aired/translated for here
    The movie is supposed to be really rare. Dude who posted that video claims to have spent $20,000 tracking down old film of it as well as software to restore it.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    sons I'm about four years late but I just a Nintendo Switch and like most people, BotW is the first one I'm diving into. Liking it so far, but is there any replay value in this game? Seems fun as your first time going out and exploring everything, but I couldn't imagine doing this all over again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sons I'm about four years late but I just a Nintendo Switch and like most people, BotW is the first one I'm diving into. Liking it so far, but is there any replay value in this game? Seems fun as your first time going out and exploring everything, but I couldn't imagine doing this all over again
    Too big of a game to replay IMO, kind of like Witcher 3. They really nailed the exploration in that one though. Besides, you'll have the sequel to look forward to next year. Highly recommend picking up Super Mario Odyssey too, IMO easily the best Mario game since Super Mario World in 1990.

Thread Information