Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    national security

bull
    Bull ?!! are you a joke. The chineese recieved nucleur secrets from the CLintons. You dont think thats national security. Man your more dumb than i thought!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull ?!! are you a joke. The chineese recieved nucleur secrets from the CLintons. You dont think thats national security. Man your more dumb than i thought!
    Also guidance systems for their missiles. Erh-ah, like they went into orbit today. Thank you Mr. Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's mookie?

I guess you cant have your head in your ass and type at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumsfeld gave N Korea their nuclear tech in 1994

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok... thats right you were up your own ass to pull something out of it like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turnabout is fair play:

AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas prosecutor on Thursday subpoenaed the phone records for former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's home and campaign during the period he is accused of conspiring to launder illegal corporate donations to candidates.

Also subpoenaed by prosecutor Ronnie Earle were records for two phone numbers for DeLay's daughter, Danielle DeLay Ferro, and for a minivan that Earle alleged DeLay bought.

DeLay is facing charges of money laundering and conspiracy in a Texas campaign finance case.

The subpoenas list telephone numbers, but not whom they belong to. They ask for information about the calls and the numbers' subscribers, voice mail service, billing information, long-distance calls made from or charged to the numbers and special features.

"The thing is no big deal," said Bill White, Austin attorney for DeLay.

Earle's office declined to comment on the subpoenas. He has said the investigation is continuing.

Earle is seeking the records and information from Sept. 1, 2001, to Dec. 31, 2002, the period when a political committee founded by DeLay, Texans for a Republican Majority, was raising money for the 2002 election cycle.

He also wants Toyota Motor Credit Corp. of Torrance, Calif., to turn over records on a 2004 Toyota Sienna Earle alleges was bought by DeLay. White said the minivan was leased as a campaign car in 2003, well after the fundraising for the Texas committee.
    Earle also supoenaed the phone records of Delay's 12-year old daughter and of a business that shares a building with the Delay money-machine TX headquarters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, a lack of physical list naming Republican candidates who benefited from Tom Delay's corporate money scheme may severly treathen Ronnie Earle's state case against Delay...

By R.G. RATCLIFFE
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle Austin Bureau

AUSTIN - Travis County prosecutors admitted Friday they lack physical proof of a list of Republican candidates that is at the heart of money-laundering indictments against U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay and two of his associates.

The list is key to prosecutors being able to prove that corporate money that could not be legally spent on Texas candidates was specifically exchanged at the national level for donations that legally could be spent on Republican candidates for the Texas House.

Indictments against DeLay, Jim Ellis and John Colyandro state that Ellis gave "a do ent that contained the names of several candidates for the Texas House" to a Republican National Committee official in 2002 in a scheme to swap $190,000 in restricted corporate money for the same amount of money from individuals that could be legally used by Texas candidates.

But prosecutors said Friday in court that they only had a "similar" list and not the one allegedly received by then-RNC Deputy Director Terry Nelson. Late in the day, they released a list of 17 Republican candidates, but only seven are alleged to have received money in the scheme.

A lawyer for Ellis said prosecutors' inability to produce the list mentioned in the indictments is on par with the tactics used by U.S. Sen. Joseph McCarthy in the communist witch hunts of the 1950s.

"I'll tell you what I think about this list. In the 1950s, a man named McCarthy claimed to have a list of 200 communists in the State Department, and he didn't," said J.D. Pauerstein, a lawyer for Jim Ellis, the director of DeLay's Americans for a Republican Majority. "They (prosecutors) don't know what list they're talking about, even though they specify it in their indictment."
    Chronicle

Ronnie Earle just gave right-wing pundits some valuable ammunition for defending Delay.

Thread Information