Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IHOP is serving up free pancakes today at restaurants across the U.S.

(IHOP.com)
    The chain will give away a free short stack of Original Buttermilk Pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (with some locations open until 10) to each guest in celebration of National Pancake Day.
    "In return, we ask that you make a donation to our charitable partners," IHOP said on its website.
    IHOP donates money from National Pancake Day to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, Shriners Hospitals for Children and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. More than $24 million has been raised for charity since IHOP launched the annual event 11 years ago.
    This year's goal is to raise $3.5 million for finding cures and eradicating life-threatening diseases affecting children and families everywhere.
    The offer is limited to one short stack per dine-in customer.*Click here to see if your local IHOP is participating.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Again, am I in the Laundry Krew? Is this because I love pancakes and not spending my own money?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Laundry Krew makes way to see as many as possible can attend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Fabbs offering free rent

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Again, am I in the Laundry Krew? Is this because I love pancakes and not spending my own money?
    Sure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is this because I love pancakes and not spending my own money?
    Then there is this:
    God damn, it's less effort to make them good at home than to pile into the car, drive, park, and wait in line behind 100 other people to get rubbery IHOP pancakes that suck. I'll never understand going out to eat for simple things like pancakes, bacon, and eggs that are only slightly more labor intensive than making a bowl of cereal. At least with a burger it takes some time to cut the onions, the tomatoes, smash the beef into a patty and rub seasoning into it, etc, but to mix pancake batter and then dump it on a hot griddle?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm confused. How is Bum involved? Also, Blake said something about free rent. Am I crashing at his place or yours? You spin me right 'round.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wanted some pancakes
    really really bad
    so I went to IHOPS
    they make the best
    I ever had

well I'll be damn
    they were as free as could be
    there is a God
    and it's plain to see

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm confused. How is Bum involved? Also, Blake said something about free rent. Am I crashing at his place or yours? You spin me right 'round.
    "You Spin Me Round"...yes...written by...Pete Burns and recorded by Dead or Alive. Did you know (of course you didn't) that the record company hated the song so much that Burns had to take out a personal loan to record it? Yep...the band had to fund the video as well.

Pretty obvious that Burns was influenced by dem old blues. Yes...the strings from "You Spin Me" were based on Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries". Wagner's work was a blatant ripoff of Jinglefoot's "Wet Catfish Blues".

Burns died in October of 2016 due to complications of being pretty ing weird.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bum is just giving his perspective on pancakes. I'm all about inclusiveness.

As to your spending the night or not with Blake, I am not involved.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I never understood the obsession of these gimmicks, not worth the time. It's not like Sizzler or any mid-level steak house is giving out free 8 ozers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I never understood the obsession of these gimmicks, not worth the time. It's not like Sizzler or any mid-level steak house is giving out free 8 ozers.
    By the time you order drinks and tip the waiter the "free stack" isn't much of a deal. Also IHOPs side orders are a complete rip, ie small plate of hash browns for 3.50
    As to the contribution, on last years thread we discussed how much of the donation actually makes it to needing persons. Hard to say, but the salaries of the head honchos were disturbing. $250-350K.

This year IHOP has added Shriners to the donor list. Not sure how Shriners stacks up for skimming.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was listening to the band Toe Jam doing their classic...."My Trailor Park Mama Blues" when I started thinking of pancakes. So I jumped in my old pick up truck and headed the 30 miles to Huron and a place called "Big Joe's". Joe is Joe Paduski who is a retired x-pro rassler "The Masked Pollock".

Avante....ya know IHOPS is giving pancakes away. Yep...FREE~~~~~~~
    Big Joe...so what the you doing here?
    Avante...I love the stories, tell me again about the night ya got stabbed by an ink pen in Philly vs The Jamaican Kid. Ah....after a large stack.
    Big Joe....want a beer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    "You Spin Me Round"...yes...written by...Pete Burns and recorded by Dead or Alive. Did you know (of course you didn't) that the record company hated the song so much that Burns had to take out a personal loan to record it? Yep...the band had to fund the video as well.

Pretty obvious that Burns was influenced by dem old blues. Yes...the strings from "You Spin Me" were based on Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries". Wagner's work was a blatant ripoff of Jinglefoot's "Wet Catfish Blues".

Insightful stuff tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    By the time you order drinks and tip the waiter the "free stack" isn't much of a deal. Also IHOPs side orders are a complete rip, ie small plate of hash browns for 3.50
    As to the contribution, on last years thread we discussed how much of the donation actually makes it to needing persons. Hard to say, but the salaries of the head honchos were disturbing. $250-350K.

This year IHOP has added Shriners to the donor list. Not sure how Shriners stacks up for skimming.
    Didn't even know it was for charity, just thought it was a promo to get more customers in and upsell other foodstuffs.

Still want a free steak tho...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They wouldn't do if if they weren't going to make some money. But I'm sure they also realize that a lot of the customers are going to be families that can't normally afford to go out to eat. So a lot of them will be drinking water and not ordering sides.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IIRC, Fabbs posted this same reminder last year.. I'm starting to think dude works at IHOP..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IIRC, Fabbs posted this same reminder last year.. I'm starting to think dude works at IHOP..
    How many IHOPs did you and the Krew make it to today?
    I think I posted it 3 years in a row.
    Judy posted the 1st one tho in 2009.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...highlight=IHOP

Actually Kori posted video in 2005 about seeing Tony and Eva at an IHOP.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    People with autism are put at ease by repe ion tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    How many IHOPs did you and the Krew make it to today?
    I think I posted it 3 years in a row.
    Judy posted the 1st one tho in 2009.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...highlight=IHOP

Actually Kori posted video in 2005 about seeing Tony and Eva at an IHOP.
    Damn you are really obsessed with ihop

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Now this is legit.

Jinglefoot had so many classic sequences. Puccini's Tosca clearly had a little diddy taken from Jinglefoot. I believe it was "Wasps In Muh Turnip Greens".

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'm like 99% certain that Fabbs is the real life Louie Anderson from Baskets.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in." - Fapps

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    luv me some IHOP

muricans.. concerned about healthcare not so much about health

Thread Information