Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's the main Clippers blog online..And that's what two straight playoff flameouts as favourites have done to this team overall pedigree around the league..Put few opposing coaches, scouts, executives, players on truth serum and tell them to size up the Spurs and I bet "regular season paper tigers" would be a running theme..I understand it is game of match-ups, but this is bordering on 2011 Grizzlies level of disrespect that a team goes out of its way to tank all the way to a bottom seed because they are so confident they have our number..Time for Pop, Kawhi (hilariously clueless vs LAC) and the rest of Spurs players with any pride left to sack up and send this bunch of perennial chokers to an early vacation and potential team blowup..If not, then it is us who are in need for a major shake up if these whiny losers send us home again....
    Last edited by spursistan; 03-02-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not really an insult to the Spurs, though..

I've never seen a team dominate another like the Warriors have done to the Clippers the past 2 seasons, so it's justifiable that they would try to avoid them..Houston seems like a terrible matchup for them, too..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been pulling for a Houston 2nd round matchup, but part of me wants to see the Spurs send these clowns packing tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're right to believe it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips will regret it if they do want us. We won't lose b2b series against those guys. Especially with HCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is kind of sad, tbh..It is not like we are some run of the mill 55-win team..Second year they are going to win something in mid 60s win total with gaudy net rating, yet still plenty of question marks about their performance in the playoffs-- from the coach, to the superstar, to the rest role players..I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of "experts" and NBA watchers overwhelmingly pick the Clippers in that potential series..
    Last edited by spursistan; 03-02-2017 at 11:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips will regret it if they do want us. We won't lose b2b series against those guys. Especially with HCA.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can beat them in a series, imo. The rosters of the last two years weren't that good to begin with and some of their core players were injured heading into the playoffs (Parker/Splitter - 2015, Duncan last season). This year we will see how healthy this team is towards the playoffs but I think there were matchup problems that were figured out last game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc owns Pop the same way Phil has owned Pop over the years. Can't blame them for being overconfident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers is the easier out for us, and we are going to beat them this time and they feel the same. I don't think either team wants to play the Rockets in RD2 and then the warriors if they make it. Facing only one of them is ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3,000 followers, meh it's some fan account sharing his thoughts, he's not wrong either, they have a shot against us not against the warriors

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Rivers approves that tweet, tbh.

Sadly, Spurs cannot afford to tank to avoid them. Better get ready for the WCF (whine, chuck and flop).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is far better than he was then. He could always dissapoint again, but I don't see it happening in a series. I trust LMA to get going before playoffs. Tony is playing more consistent and more of a pg, plus been hustling on defense. Our second unit has a big upgrade with pau and development of simmons, not to mention Dedmon and Lee being much better fighters and compe ors than what we have had.

I think spurs would just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs with Dedmon in the starting lineup are a different team. I get that they want to avoid the Dubs and that they think they have a better chance against us, but we showed in the last game that we can match up athletically. It really comes down to do we think we can beat LA's frontcourt or Houston's guards/refs. Personally I'll take LA with a weaker bench plus HCA against GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's put it this way: If the Spurs get the two-seed, the Clips can tank to match up. If the Spurs get the one-seed, the Clips can't. They aren't good enough to "decide" to be the fourth or fifth seed. They're going to have to win and hope that they stay ahead of the other teams. Right now, they look like a seventh seed, and that shapes up better for the Spurs anyway.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe this is just their olive branch of friendship that they've extended to our guys?

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe this is just their olive branch of friendship that they've extended to our guys?
    Austin Rivers does not have friends, only victims.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not really an insult to the Spurs, though..

I've never seen a team dominate another like the Warriors have done to the Clippers the past 2 seasons, so it's justifiable that they would try to avoid them..Houston seems like a terrible matchup for them, too..
    To elaborate for anybody that hasn't been following their matchups, the Warriors have beaten them in 10 consecutive games by an average margin of 13 points per game

If the Spurs had an opponent that owned them like that over a 3-year span, we would all want to avoid them, too..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wrong thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget the fake injury, luck chuck not to mention the screwjob "officials timeout". Also think Tiago was not right.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To elaborate for anybody that hasn't been following their matchups, the Warriors have beaten them in 10 consecutive games by an average margin of 13 points per game

If the Spurs had an opponent that owned them like that over a 3-year span, we would all want to avoid them, too..
    The Spurs had owned the Warriors like that for almost two decades. Not that it matters now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He always sneaking around though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He always sneaking around though.