Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm, looks like imma go watch Logan instead.
    lucky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Kawhi ever play more than 72 games in season once in his career? It is not only Pop and his rest shtick, but he's been annoyingly prone to freak injuries his entire career..
    he's soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my balls smell like Matt Bonner

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That "brutal" team will have to step up big time in Kawhi's absence or the Spurs will drop the next few games.
    Let's see what happens, we have no consistent offense outside of Kawhi. Warriors will be amped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Bieber wearing a diaper?
    How did you know? Yes he wears a diaper and apparently it frequently goes unchanged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see what happens, we have no consistent offense outside of Kawhi. Warriors will be amped.
    Maybe a big blowout at the hands of the Dubs will go a long way to straighten out the Spurs not named Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks Kawhi is not going to play against the Warriors but on the bright side at least the injury wasn't season ending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors may let down now. Personnaly think this is pop bs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a big blowout at the hands of the Dubs will go a long way to straighten out the Spurs not named Kawhi.
    It's not a diaper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did you know? Yes he wears a diaper and apparently it frequently goes unchanged.
    It's not a diaper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe is indeed a diaper and one that is oft in need of changing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop intentionally resting kawhi against the warriors tomorrow and tank the MVP race!!!you know pop nowadays..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the Spurs will try to beat a top team without being kawhi reliant, maybe LMA steps up, either that or pop punts the game after a bad start
    Expect to see LOTS of Forbes and Anthony tomorrow, tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the Spurs will try to beat a top team without being kawhi reliant, maybe LMA steps up, either that or pop punts the game after a bad start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop intentionally resting kawhi against the warriors tomorrow and tank the MVP race!!!you know pop nowadays..
    I don't get why everyone here acts like a player entering in concussion protocol depends exclusively on his team, coach, trainer...

When a player hits his head and doesn't return, the league, not only his team, is involved.

In fact, that player won't come back until the league checks he has followed the complete protocol and..."the team physician has discussed the return with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher"

So if you want, you can see a conspiracy theory if Kawhi doesn't play on Monday missing more than one game while the league doesn't allow him to return....

But this is not on Pop. At least, not this one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why everyone here acts like a player entering in concussion protocol depends exclusively on his team, coach, trainer...

When a player is hitting on his head and doesn't return, the league, not only his team, is involved. In fact, that player won't come back until the league checks he follows the complete protocol and..."the team physician has discussed the return with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher"

So if you want, you can see a conspiracy theory if Kawhi doesn't play on Monday missing more than one game while the league doesn't allow him to return....

But this is not on Pop. At least, this time.
    You hit the nail on the thread on this one. This is completely out of Pop's control. The same thing happened to the Cavs during the finals when the league didn't allow Kevin Love to play game 3 due to the concussion protocol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worriers by 43

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop always wants to make games fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I commented in the game thread, but OKC got by with a LOT of contact last night. I understand playing physical. But I also understand that the zebras are obligated to make certain calls. Two handed checks are supposed to be automatic. They were making two-handed full arm extension pushes all night. It doesn't get much more obvious.

That elbow that Adams put on Danny's neck was missed. But the refs reviewed the video to see if there had been a flagrant, saw what Adams had done, and assessed a double technical. At that point, they should have been making calls to keep things from getting out of hand. When they didn't I said that someone was going to wind up getting hurt. That was a case of refs just not doing their ing job. The Spurs played like , and Pop played Forbes - they earned the L. That's not what I'm saying. Just saying that the refs were every bit as ty as the Spurs played.

Yeah...Both things worked just because refs allowed it when they shouldn't that much...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford missed like 9 games with a concussion it early in the season..Spurs could probably win the coming two at home vs ATL/Portland or split and next game is March 18th @Memphis..that would basically give him 10 days of rest..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi wasn't even hit on the head..more like in lower part of the neck just above his shoulders..It doesn't look very serious from this clip..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi wasn't even hit on the head..more like in lower part of the neck just above his shoulders..It doesn't look very serious from this clip..
    exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be surprised if that relatively minor contact causes him to miss more than Dubs game..It wasn't even a elbow/knee/foot to the head, just an arm hit..
    Last edited by spursistan; 03-11-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Thread Information