Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lebron is the poster boy for meeting or exceeding hype. I like Ball he does remind me of kidd who I saw play in HS and at Cal (in person) if he is the best player I hope the Lakers get him. But I also hope (even as a Bruin alumnus) that they don't take him over Fultz, Tatum or Jackson simply as a marketing ploy, local ties or because he reminds Magic of himself. Take the BPA. None of the Lakers core not even Ingram should deter Lakers from taking BPA.
    Fultz reminds me of Glen Robinson. Complete offensive package out of college, polished but has little to no feel of the game.

Ball has a very natural feel of the game. Great leadership skills and very unselfish, quite the opposite of Fultz.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fultz reminds me of Glen Robinson. Complete offensive package out of college, polished but has little to no feel of the game.

Ball has a natural of the game. Great leadership skills and very unselfish, quite the opposite of Fultz.
    That is fine I only have seen Fultz maybe three times once against UCLA, Zona and Oregon and to be fair his team was the worst of the 4 by far. So I cant judge him fairly and of course I have a UCLA bias. That being said I ing hate Duke but thought Ingam was the 2nd best choice last year and I think Tatum should be considered this year ...bias should have nothing to do with anything take the BPA ...PERIOD.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That is fine I only have seen Fultz maybe three times once against UCLA, Zona and Oregon and to be fair his team was the worst of the 4 by far. So I cant judge him fairly and of course I have a UCLA bias. That being said I ing hate Duke but thought Ingam was the 2nd best choice last year and I think Tatum should be considered this year ...bias should have nothing to do with anything take the BPA ...PERIOD.
    Honestly, I think Tatum's game reminds me of Danny Green and Shane Battier at times. He's not worth a Top 3 pick IMO. BPA would be Fultz, Ball or maybe Josh Jackson.

Fultz can score but I truly question his passion for the game. The Lakers have plenty of prospects with a score first mentality and none exhibits a leadership characteristic. Ball is the complete opposite of Randle, Clarkson and Russell.

There's no doubt in my mind Lonzo Ball will be in the upper echelon of guards in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Baller Brand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know about that..........all speculation at this point. His dad is better than Jordan and Barkley though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dbuster was touted as one the of best PG to come out in years........how did that turn out?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it's usually a crapshoot but i like fultz tbh. he's the clear cut #1 imo and if you've seen his game and realize he's only 19, there's no doubt this guy will be an all star player at worst in the league. he's so fluid, with almost no weakness offensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    it's usually a crapshoot but i like fultz tbh. he's the clear cut #1 imo and if you've seen his game and realize he's only 19, there's no doubt this guy will be an all star player at worst in the league. he's so fluid, with almost no weakness offensively.
    Glenn Robinson was also a tremendous scorer in college, as a matter of fact, he continued his scoring brilliance in the big league. But that's all he ever was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same guy who thought d'snitch was gonna be a top 5 of in the league by the end of the year. Nothing to see here

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Jason Kidd is the worst comparison. It's sloppy. It's lazy.

First, Ball doesn't play defense at ing all.
    Second, Ball looks to score as often as pass, which is not Kidd's mentality.
    Lastly, Ball does not show the blind drive Kidd shows.

Ball cares only when it's convenient. Kidd had flaws, but aside from being light skins, they are almost nothing alike.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Ball cares only when it's convenient. Kidd had flaws, but aside from being light skins, they are almost nothing alike.
    I think the comparison has more to do with both players being tall point guards but I agree it's a ty comparison.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Not true there are some very valid comparisons. I saw both play in HS and as freshman in the pac12. At this point, in their careers yes Ball is the better shooter and was agressive with his shot in Round one but the vision is similar, and the willingness to throw the ball ahead rather than to stat assists is not only uncannythe way it resembles Kidd but something only the most unselfish of great PGs are willing to do. To say he doesnt play defense watch the oregon game where he neutralized the much bigger Dillon Brooks. Who was the conference poty and a Wooden finalist. That was very reminiscent of freshman Kidd. Where kidd was better seciring the rebound and applying instant transition pressure off that rebound wile ball is skinnier a weaker rebounder and not as good off the bounce.
    Bill Walton and other good pac12 coaches and announcers have said the same. Im sure you watch pac12 ball being a zona fan ...so not sure how you cant see what others do. He is not as good as Kidd who was the best hS pg i ever seen in person even better than Rose or Baron Davis whi i also saw in HS ..but he is a better scorer at the same point.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

I think that's a horrible analysis of his game, no offense. If anything, Ball shares some similar traits with CP3, in terms of unselfishness. Some of his detractors oftentimes points out his reluctance to shoot the ball when his teammates are cold.

Lonzo is not a traditional point but his biggest strength has been his ability to run and create plays for UCLA.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Same guy who thought d'snitch was gonna be a top 5 of in the league by the end of the year. Nothing to see here
    I'll take that criticism. I still believe he will be an elite guard though his progression is a bit slow.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Glenn Robinson was also a tremendous scorer in college, as a matter of fact, he continued his scoring brilliance in the big league. But that's all he ever was.
    dont think fultz is one dimensional. seems to have a good head on his shoulders too.

robinson was a in college

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So now we are quoting Bill Walton, a man whose brain is so drug addled he thinks a cactus is a man offering him a high five.

They both have good vision, but have flair.

But they are almost nothing alike. Fundamentally and statistically. Outside of assists per game, which is an outcome stat, not a causation stat.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The only time I've seen Lonzo Ball play was Friday night when Kent State played UCLA. Admittedly a short sample size, but if I had to make a comparison it would be to Shaun Livingston. Similar size and build and a similar controlled, efficient game. He isn't a great defensive player (UCLA as a team is not very good defensively) but a lot of guys come into the NBA with defensive deficiencies. Those can be ironed out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So now we are quoting Bill Walton, a man whose brain is so drug addled he thinks a cactus is a man offering him a high five.

They both have good vision, but have flair.

But they are almost nothing alike. Fundamentally and statistically. Outside of assists per game, which is an outcome stat, not a causation stat.
    Bill was only one and the most famous example ...
    I dont have an issue if you disagree...but for you to act like the comparison is lazy or way off base, is where i take issue.
    Kidd is the better HS player and freshman PG ...so I also think he will be the better pro ...
    But i do see some similarities enough to see him as a poor man's Kidd

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That being said seeing Rose and westbrook as HS seniors and colle players no way in would i have believed Russ wo u ld be the better NBA PG.
    Even without the MVP prime Russ is better than MVP Rose

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Bill was only one and the most famous example ...
    I dont have an issue if you disagree...but for you to act like the comparison is lazy or way off base, is where i take issue.
    Kidd is the better HS player and freshman PG ...so I also think he will be the better pro ...
    But i do see some similarities enough to see him as a poor man's Kidd
    They play the game entirely different. Other than the fact they dribble, pass, and played in Pac12 as light skinned tall PGs, there's not really much similarity.

Can't help it if you swear there is. But games are fundamentally and mentally different.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron is the poster boy for meeting or exceeding hype. I like Ball he does remind me of kidd who I saw play in HS and at Cal (in person) if he is the best player I hope the Lakers get him. But I also hope (even as a Bruin alumnus) that they don't take him over Fultz, Tatum or Jackson simply as a marketing ploy, local ties or because he reminds Magic of himself. Take the BPA. None of the Lakers core not even Ingram should deter Lakers from taking BPA.
    If you were Pelinka, who would you take right now outta Fultz and Ball? I don't follow college hoops before March Madness. There is a lot of hype for Ball on LG. It seems like a Fultz/Russ/Ingram core would be the way to build around. Thoughts?

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Boston will probably pick Ball tbh which gives the Lakers either Fultz or Jackson.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They play the game entirely different. Other than the fact they dribble, pass, and played in Pac12 as light skinned tall PGs, there's not really much similarity.

Can't help it if you swear there is. But games are fundamentally and mentally different.
    Did you see kidd play in HS or at Cal? Were you even old enough?
    I was old enough and connected enough to AAU to see both play in both HS and College
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 03-19-2017 at 06:29 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you were Pelinka, who would you take right now outta Fultz and Ball? I don't follow college hoops before March Madness. There is a lot of hype for Ball on LG. It seems like a Fultz/Russ/Ingram core would be the way to build around. Thoughts?
    I like Fultz but i am not a fan of guys that wre hurt in their only year in college ball. Kyrie turned out okay but many we end up like Oden or Bowie ...personally unless his workouts and physicals are sterling i would be hesitant if i were picking first. Ball makes lrss sense for celts with IT3 being a mvp canidate however if I loved Ball and thought he was the BPA i would take him regardless.

Same with Lakers take BPA if you dont you take darko over Wade, Bosh and Melo or even Bowie (they had Drexler great player but They passed on MJ) over the Goat.

Thread Information