Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably. But maybr some will feel bad thst his dad keeps running his mouth Lonzo doesnt talk much ...but tbh if he and Fultz is close its almost to the point of why desl with his ...its not like he is LeBron a no doubt about it first pick prospect.
    i'm telling you though man, with lavar's mouth, there's immense pressure for lonzo (assuming he ends up with the lakers) to exceed expectations. the hype on this kid is real. unlike the previous draft picks, no one is on lavar's level imo.

reason why I want fultz too. because you know this dude is not going to stop talking and I can already see him blaming lonzo's teammates. it's just going to create an uncomfortable situation for his kid, considering how soft and sensitive today's nba players are.

just weed out the distractions and have an elite prospect. fultz or josh Jackson for me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    y'know it's all marketing for him and I give him props tbh. but his reasoning is always funny.

"im too big...too strong"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y'know it's all marketing for him and I give him props tbh. but his reasoning is always funny.

"im too big...too strong"
    Yeah, I get it. All publicity is good publicity. He is just getting over the top ridiculous though and is going to mess things up for his sons. It's like boxing. Boxers will talk about their opponents wives, kids, dogs, etc before they get into the ring. Then when they get their teeth knocked out, they give the other guy all the credit and say that it's all just part of the game.

I am really curious as to why he thinks his son will only play for the Lakers though. He must really want to keep a tight grip on his boys if he wants to keep them all in the same town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw that segment on First Take. All I can say is...holy . I had to shut it off after like 5 minutes because I just couldn't stand to listen to that hot head anymore.

In that span, he said that in his prime, he would've been able to beat Micheal Jordan 1-on-1. He said that Lonzo is better than Steph Curry right now. And he said that if anybody in his family were to come to him and tell him to shut his big mouth, he would tell them to leave the family.

His personality also makes SAS seem collected and rational in comparison.

What a ing nutjob. I feel sorry for his kid...that dude is gonna get torched when he enters the NBA and it's gonna be all his daddy's fault.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hey Baseline think his mouth gonna ruin whatever slim shot we had at winning the le?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude that was funny - hes just a big personality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claiming? Search my name here and find what people say about me and my sources. Search my contributions here on players never even mentioned let alone broken down like I do.

Bill Walton is one of my favorite analysts because of the crazy he says. But the man has lost it and is officially a caricature of his former self. His rants have zero reasoning, and he's the biggest UCLA hyperbolist there is. He can't even isiolate where his true opinion ends and his exaggeration begins.

I've already detailed why the Kidd comps are sloppy at best and lazy at worst.

Don't bother responding if you can't understand logic.
    Dont get so offended. I was just teasing you and giving a shout out to my boy.

Contribution or not. He is a hall of famer. You are not. By default his opinion tends to carry more weight . Understand that logic?

I dont agree with walton or any magic comparisons. He is a poor mans penny hardaway (pre injury penny). Not kidd. Not magic. Its a better comparison.

A shorter, less athletic penny witH A KEVIN MARTIN JUMPSHOT.

Also, he has a better feel for the game and better true point guard skills as compared to penny at his age. But not as explosive.
    Last edited by rastaspur; 03-23-2017 at 11:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His dad makes me root against him. I know not his fault but still. Hes good, but don't how good he'll be in the NBA.

With that said, his court vision / passing is amazing. He definitely sees the game two steps ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His dad makes me root against him. I know not his fault but still. Hes good, but don't how good he'll be in the NBA.

With that said, his court vision / passing is amazing. He definitely sees the game two steps ahead.
    Me too. Hope UCLA gets creamed tomorrow, with Ball playing like .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His dad makes me root against him.
    yep. and im a ucla grad (though full disclaimer i never gave a about college sports)

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Dont get so offended. I was just teasing you and giving a shout out to my boy.

Contribution or not. He is a hall of famer. You are not. By default his opinion tends to carry more weight . Understand that logic?

I dont agree with walton or any magic comparisons. He is a poor mans penny hardaway (pre injury penny). Not kidd. Not magic. Its a better comparison.

A shorter, less athletic penny witH A KEVIN MARTIN JUMPSHOT.

Also, he has a better feel for the game and better true point guard skills as compared to penny at his age. But not as explosive.
    So because he was a brilliant player, a drug-addled mind is given a pass when he's inaccurate?

And, yes, I like the better shooting Penny comp. I've made it elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gonzo's dad talks waay too much. his son is gonna get killed in the pros

Those two are an embarrassment to African Americans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So because he was a brilliant player, a drug-addled mind is given a pass when he's inaccurate?

And, yes, I like the better shooting Penny comp. I've made it elsewhere.
    Public perception is what it is. Bill is a clown at this point. I understand that. Still love the guy though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first take episode was hilarious tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Those two are an embarrassment to African Americans.
    Uhm. They are not though.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Me too. Hope UCLA gets creamed tomorrow, with Ball playing like .
    It's a big game. UK is favored and all eyes are on Lonzo.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Public perception is what it is. Bill is a clown at this point. I understand that. Still love the guy though.
    Agreed, he's fun. He's your crazy uncle who barely survived the 60s but somehow has thrived since and has all the confidence in the world in his opinion.

But if Bill says a Volkswagon Beetle flew us to the moon to find space rocks that the government now uses to cast magic spells on the populace, it doesn't make it true just because we did fly to the moon, brought back rocks, and the government seemingly convinces stupid people to vote stupid.

Coincidental isn't causal; and my point was looking at outcome stats, even if similar, doesn't equal causation or actuality. Similar outcomes don't indicate similar means.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Agreed, he's fun. He's your crazy uncle who barely survived the 60s but somehow has thrived since and has all the confidence in the world in his opinion.

But if Bill says a Volkswagon Beetle flew us to the moon to find space rocks that the government now uses to cast magic spells on the populace, it doesn't make it true just because we did fly to the moon, brought back rocks, and the government seemingly convinces stupid people to vote stupid.

Coincidental isn't causal; and my point was looking at outcome stats, even if similar, doesn't equal causation or actuality. Similar outcomes don't indicate similar means.
    You seem to be very knowledgeable for the most part with NCAA prospects. What do you think of Monk? Steal or bust?

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    i'm telling you though man, with lavar's mouth, there's immense pressure for lonzo (assuming he ends up with the lakers) to exceed expectations. the hype on this kid is real. unlike the previous draft picks, no one is on lavar's level imo.

reason why I want fultz too. because you know this dude is not going to stop talking and I can already see him blaming lonzo's teammates. it's just going to create an uncomfortable situation for his kid, considering how soft and sensitive today's nba players are.

just weed out the distractions and have an elite prospect. fultz or josh Jackson for me.
    I feel like Fultz will get you numbers but there's no sense of accountability and little leadership in him. Huskies are a poorly constructed team, I get it, but Fultz doesn't appear to care much as long as he gets his numbers.

He's this years draft Ben Simmons. Elite player with no drive or fire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How many games has Simmons played this year that lead you to that conclusion??

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    How many games has Simmons played this year that lead you to that conclusion??
    Sorry, I was referring about his freshman year in LSU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 seconds of got fame. SAS was embarrassed to be part of it and that's pretty low for that media .

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You seem to be very knowledgeable for the most part with NCAA prospects. What do you think of Monk? Steal or bust?
    Monk is my favorite Kentucky prospect since the Towns/Booker draft.

He has near elite athleticism, and while skinny, seems to be able to handle lane contesting when he drives. To this point he's been more of an off-ball scorer, but he has facilitation skills, and when his shot is falling he could be incredible.

To me, he's a Jamal Crawford type of player. But I think his upside is tremendous and where Crawford had mental or physical limitations, I don't see those with Monk.

Now, he's a bit streaky, and often relies too heavily on perimeter shots, but college ball doesn't have the lanes the NBA will have.

Philly would be very smart to draft him as a high-level scorer. Minnesota or Sacramento as well. Lakers need PG or Big, and Celtics will take best talent, or a big man, I think.

Suns probably don't need him, but would likely shop that pick to a team who covets him.

While I get why most consider Tatum a better prospect, I think it's mostly size based. I think Tatum is a ball stopper and a throw back scorer, while Monk fits nicely with most modern systems. I'd have Monk 4 on my list of prospects, just ahead of Tatum and Markennan, but behind Jackson, Ball, Fultz.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I feel like Fultz will get you numbers but there's no sense of accountability and little leadership in him. Huskies are a poorly constructed team, I get it, but Fultz doesn't appear to care much as long as he gets his numbers.

Actually, Fultz has had to work his ass off to get to this point. Two years ago he wasn't considered even an elite prospect. Ball has always been.

Of the two, I'm more concerned about Ball taking plays off, especially defensively, but I've seen him not push when pushing was necessary on offense at times too.

Fultz, is quiet, doesn't demand attention, and can appear lax, but I think he's more deliberate, more probing, more analytical in his attack. He played through some minor injuries throughout the season as well.

Neither is a big concern, however. Outside of Ball Sr, is have no problem drafting either.

Smith is the empty stats guy to me. I've seen that guy disappear a bunch when it mattered.

Thread Information