Page 103 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I was fighting them the axe did no damage whatsoever, nor did Atreus' arrows. The axe wasn't even chip damage much less the arrows.

All the souls were easy on the other hand.
    I just arrows for distraction early in the game. But at some point in the game its going to be OP

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more i play god of war, the more i just keep thinking xbox
    You weren't already thinking that with The Last of Us?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    started up yakuza 0... i really liked shen mue games and this seems like a spiritual successor... but i think im just too old / busy for the long ass cutscenes, dont see myself getting too far on this one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I was fighting them the axe did no damage whatsoever, nor did Atreus' arrows. The axe wasn't even chip damage much less the arrows.

All the souls were easy on the other hand.
    also from my understanding, enemies will appear as purple if you are considered under-leveled for that encounter. i get that your character level is based on your weapons/gear... but ive always been something of a currency hoarder in these types of games. i dont want to be spending hacksilver upgrading tier armor when i know there will be more worthwhile stuff available later. so im constantly under-leveled with the exception of my axe... as you appear to get the frozen flames naturally as you progress. i recently got my axe to level 3 after beating some troll. i also got a rare pommel for finding the dwarf's green ring... the ability is but the stats are better than anything else available. it starts at level 3 so its nice for this part of the game

im usually pretty good at looking out for supplies, but to this point i havent been able to upgrade atreus' bow at all. just his quiver
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You weren't already thinking that with The Last of Us?
    definitely. keeps amplifying though.

god of war just gets better and better as you go on. even in the beginning stages i was finding encounters to be difficult (give me a challenge) and yet very fun and addicting despite the combat being extremely limited at that point. as you progress and unlock more , the combat just keeps getting deeper.

i think as far as raw gameplay, this might be the best thing i've ever played (could also be a load of recency bias). one thing i'm not buying (at least so far) is that this game as a "great story"... only interesting aspect is the relationship between kratos and atreus, but TLOU just did that better. so far its still just a vague story of "we have to get to the top of the mountain because... reasons." that's not a very compelling story. maybe im still too early in the game to understand the bigger picture though

my other complaint is that you have to remember to backtrack very long distances because you dont have an item to deal with a certain obstacle early on, and fast travel only works one way at this point. despite the open world feel, the journey to certain locations is still very linear except for the lake itself

edit: i also laugh because i have one dip friend who went from PS3 to poorBox one and in the months before black friday was trying to convince me to get one too
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-25-2019 at 05:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody on apex legends on PS4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody on apex legends on PS4?
    Yeah I am. I'm a 5/10 player though. I would say a good analogy to my skill level is Marco Bellineli in a spurs jersey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive heard amazing things about apex legends, but im not going to get into any multiplayer time-sinks until im through all the notable single player experiences...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive heard amazing things about apex legends, but im not going to get into any multiplayer time-sinks until im through all the notable single player experiences...
    Yeah apex is addicting.

Best thing about apex is the quick transition from game to game. You die..but no worries 30 seconds you're playing a new game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    edit: i also laugh because i have one dip friend who went from PS3 to poorBox one and in the months before black friday was trying to convince me to get one too
    XBox is fine if you only care about MP games or are into driving games, but otherwise I can't understand buying one. Hopefully they have some decent next gen. The 360 was great the first half of last gen but Don Mattrick wrecked both the second half of the 360 gen and the entire XB1 gen trying to make the 360 and later XB1 a hybrid Wii+HTPC. I'm a little worried PSVR will be Playstation's Kinect though next gen. If they jack up the price to support VR we'll all be laughing at PoorStation 2020 and beyond. PS3 and XB1 showed without a shadow of a doubt consoles are extremely price elastic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am. I'm a 5/10 player though. I would say a good analogy to my skill level is Marco Bellineli in a spurs jersey

same here. i'm new but i play aggressive so i'm good for 2-3 kills a game at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally burnt out with anything FPS related. I think I might be done with the genre. I grew up with all the classics too - Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Half-Life (Counter-strike mod), Halo, COD:Zombies. It's just not fun anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grown 35 year old men playing it enthusiastically
    same here. i'm new but i play aggressive so i'm good for 2-3 kills a game at least.
    Aggressive is the only way you can play in apex breh. Play any other way and you're team is losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally burnt out with anything FPS related. I think I might be done with the genre. I grew up with all the classics too - Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Half-Life (Counter-strike mod), Halo, COD:Zombies. It's just not fun anymore.
    i feel the same way, but played COD almost exclusively from the end of high school through college. its not that it isn't fun... but getting back into it is daunting since so much of my ability to play was due to muscle memory. i was always an aggressive player so i really relied on quick-twitch reflexes. was never a sniper or LMG support kind of player.

i tried playing COD blackout with a buddy a few weekends ago an felt so out of my element.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol if we're speaking about skill level.

I completely gave up on Fighting games because of the huge gap.

You can easily beat the hardest difficulty AI but online..man once you get to silver you might asll give up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol if we're speaking about skill level.

I completely gave up on Fighting games because of the huge gap.

You can easily beat the hardest difficulty AI but online..man once you get to silver you might asll give up.
    100% agreed with respect to fighting games. i feel good after beating the hard AI, when ive memorized a few nifty combos and patterns, only to see the pro gamers string infinite damage combos with absurd block cancelling and . its nuts. but i've never played those even remotely compe ively.

i used to hold up pretty well in COD multiplayer, but those games really shine when you play with a group. sometimes if ur running solo you can stomp a lobby if its full of other solo players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point, i'm on board with apalisoc_9's Goat of War assessment. i dont think i've ever enjoyed a game this much.

last thing i did before going to sleep was beat the dark elf boss, so it looks like i'm about done with alfheim, which appears to be chapter 4 out of 17 ... as long as the remaining chapters are similar in length, i dont think im going to have any complaints of note. the difficulty on give me a challenge feels just right. i'll probably replay this on give me god of war, but only as NG+. i dont want to deal with absurd damage sponges with a level 1 axe and no abilities

baseline bum based on the style of combat/difficulty, you think this game is a good launching pad for me to get into bloodborne?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point, i'm on board with apalisoc_9's Goat of War assessment. i dont think i've ever enjoyed a game this much.

last thing i did before going to sleep was beat the dark elf boss, so it looks like i'm about done with alfheim, which appears to be chapter 4 out of 17 ... as long as the remaining chapters are similar in length, i dont think im going to have any complaints of note. the difficulty on give me a challenge feels just right. i'll probably replay this on give me god of war, but only as NG+. i dont want to deal with absurd damage sponges with a level 1 axe and no abilities

baseline bum based on the style of combat/difficulty, you think this game is a good launching pad for me to get into bloodborne?
    Holy , Alfheim isn't even 1/4 of the way into the game? I'm there now. I think the combat is more difficult and more interesting in Bloodborne, but then again it looks like I'm not very far into GOW so I can't say for sure. I can definitely see some Soulsborne in the God of War bossfights so far though.

Really the only things you need to know for Bloodborne are:

1. Either rush to a boss or search for a Madman's Knowledge when you begin the game. Either one will give you insight (even if you lose to the boss), and you need one point of insight to start leveling up. Until then you're just spinning your wheels since all enemies (other than bosses) respawn on any death or save and all gear other than weapons is just for show.

2. Don't fight more than one enemy at once. There is no ranged attack to save you from multiple enemies ganging up on you. In fact the only useful ranged attack is throwing pebbles at individual enemies' backs to try to split them from groups. The guns are useful only for parrying.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Nier Automata Game of the Yorha edition just dropped so ima pick it up and play though Nier again on PC this time and play the DLCs since i havent played them yet. also ashamed to admit i never completed all the playthroughs so i have a lot of stuff to do still

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nier Automata Game of the Yorha edition just dropped so ima pick it up and play though Nier again on PC this time and play the DLCs since i havent played them yet. also ashamed to admit i never completed all the playthroughs so i have a lot of stuff to do still
    The DLC isn't very good. It's just some arena fights, costumes, and one not so great robot story not involving any of the main characters. Holy if you only did the A playthrough though. The best parts of the game are in Playthrough C and beyond. Also only Playthrough B is really a repeat on anything, since it's the story of Playthrough A while controlling 9S instead of 2B. Though there is still plenty of added content in Playthrough B also. Playthrough A you get that nice sweet ending but the real story of the game is C-E.

It's kind of dumb they call them playthroughs but that's what they did in the first Nier on PS3/360. In that game you actually did need to play through the entire second half of the game again for each of the four endings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then again it might be funny to play Automata through in the Game of the Yorha Edition in Kaine's ultra costume.

Kaine was quite the interesting character in the original Nier and you can see a few references to her in Automata. Emil too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , Alfheim isn't even 1/4 of the way into the game? I'm there now. I think the combat is more difficult and more interesting in Bloodborne, but then again it looks like I'm not very far into GOW so I can't say for sure. I can definitely see some Soulsborne in the God of War bossfights so far though.

Really the only things you need to know for Bloodborne are:

1. Either rush to a boss or search for a Madman's Knowledge when you begin the game. Either one will give you insight (even if you lose to the boss), and you need one point of insight to start leveling up. Until then you're just spinning your wheels since all enemies (other than bosses) respawn on any death or save and all gear other than weapons is just for show.

2. Don't fight more than one enemy at once. There is no ranged attack to save you from multiple enemies ganging up on you. In fact the only useful ranged attack is throwing pebbles at individual enemies' backs to try to split them from groups. The guns are useful only for parrying.
    by chapter count, yeah. though that could be misleading. i wouldnt be surprised if these earlier chapters are among the longest, but who knows.

the reason i ask is just because this type of combat isn't really a genre i had played much, and as a result soulsborne seemed so foreign to me. definitely feels like god of war is at least getting my feet wet in that department though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the reason i ask is just because this type of combat isn't really a genre i had played much, and as a result soulsborne seemed so foreign to me. definitely feels like god of war is at least getting my feet wet in that department though
    It's funny that I bought Bloodborne expecting to not like it at all. But PS4 exclusives were at the time (bought the system in anticipation of Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh three months before they came out) and Bloodborne was $18 at Walmart and well reviewed, so I thought what the . Had I bought my PS4 now I probably would have never given Bloodborne a second thought with how many killer exclusives the PS4 has.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The DLC isn't very good. It's just some arena fights, costumes, and one not so great robot story not involving any of the main characters. Holy if you only did the A playthrough though. The best parts of the game are in Playthrough C and beyond. Also only Playthrough B is really a repeat on anything, since it's the story of Playthrough A while controlling 9S instead of 2B. Though there is still plenty of added content in Playthrough B also. Playthrough A you get that nice sweet ending but the real story of the game is C-E.

It's kind of dumb they call them playthroughs but that's what they did in the first Nier on PS3/360. In that game you actually did need to play through the entire second half of the game again for each of the four endings.
    disappointed about the DLC but the rest is good to hear, i played the first two with 2B / 9S but didnt get further than that, so as good as the game is and as much as i like i know there is much more to come still, so $40 bucks for the complete edition for PC isnt bad, hope it isnt a ty port though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disappointed about the DLC but the rest is good to hear, i played the first two with 2B / 9S but didnt get further than that, so as good as the game is and as much as i like i know there is much more to come still, so $40 bucks for the complete edition for PC isnt bad, hope it isnt a ty port though
    NieR Automata for PC is a truly horrible port and I don't think it ever got a single patch. It renders internally at something like 720p on the PC version running at 1080p crashes all the time out of the box. But there is a fan made patch that fixes all that . Don't you run a pretty high end gpu? On my GTX 970 I could make it run far superior to the PS4 version (which I also have), so if you're running something like a 1060, 1070, 2060, etc you're golden.

You'll need to get an unofficial fan made patch called FAR to run the game at native resolution and correct the crashing bugs. But with FAR you should have no problem running it at a locked 1080p 60fps. I had to turn down a global illumination setting to medium through FAR but if you have 1070 or better I doubt you'll need to. And FAR gets rid of all the crashes thankfully. Out of the box it's the worst port I have ever seen of a major game but thankfully the community saved it.

Thread Information