Page 106 of 377 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 9402
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say I'm not nearly as into the combat in God of War as everyone else. Too many times I'll have five or six enemies attack at once, at which point only ranged attacks seem to make much sense. Then it's just dodge roll and spam square repeatedly as well as axe throw if the arrow behind me isn't red. The game started out pretty hard on the give me a challenge mode but has gotten super easy with only a few upgrades to Atreus. I'm finding the combat much less interesting than Nioh much less Bloodborne and give me a challenge doesn't feel any different from casual other than making the enemies hit harder. Game is beautiful graphically and the story is pretty cool too but Atreus makes the game too easy IMO. Though maybe that's the point of the game? That Atreus is the real badass? I did love the part when you walk into the light for what seems like a minute or two and Atreus drags you out saying you have been in there forever and then you see the corpses of all these enemies he slayed while you were gone.
    Son..i dont know. I thought its a much more diverse combat than Bloodborne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say I'm not nearly as into the combat in God of War as everyone else. Too many times I'll have five or six enemies attack at once, at which point only ranged attacks seem to make much sense. Then it's just dodge roll and spam square repeatedly as well as axe throw if the arrow behind me isn't red. The game started out pretty hard on the give me a challenge mode but has gotten super easy with only a few upgrades to Atreus. I'm finding the combat much less interesting than Nioh much less Bloodborne and give me a challenge doesn't feel any different from casual other than making the enemies hit harder. Game is beautiful graphically and the story is pretty cool too but Atreus makes the game too easy IMO. Though maybe that's the point of the game? That Atreus is the real badass? I did love the part when you walk into the light for what seems like a minute or two and Atreus drags you out saying you have been in there forever and then you see the corpses of all these enemies he slayed while you were gone.
    wouldn't surprise me if there are games with more intricate combat. i agree that there are some sections where i only felt i could get by if i cheese with throws and atreus... but that was typically when i encountered a realm tear that i realistically wasn't ready for. a lot of these are meant to be dealt with later in the game. when you are out-leveled by 2 or more, or something like that, that's when the enemy health bar appears purple, and almost all of their attacks are of the unblockable variety that also ohko you... and while you can cheese those at earlier levels (i did), its probably not how it was "meant" to be approached.

there was one battle where i was very under leveled but had a LOT of fun conquering. after the water level lowers the second time, there is one of those heavily armored Traveler guys on top of one of the towers... and my god he was a ing ... he has absurd amounts of health, each of his attacks ohko me, and he never seems to get distracted or stop attacking. i also found it impossible to stun or stagger him, even with runics or atreus. i mean its endless attacks and you have to know which way to dodge for each attack, and slowly chip away at his health. dodge, light attack light attack, dodge, light attack light attack, etc... eventually if your axe builds up enough "permafrost" to actually do some legit damage on the guy. took me quite a few attempts but that one actually felt like a good challenge, as opposed to some of the realm tears that unleash 2-3 enemies that all severely outlevel you. i also only learned during this battle that you can dodge without rolling, by just tapping x once. you can then chain that into a quick dodge-roll by tapping again. you can even dodge in one direction and roll in another.

but to make those realm tears available at early points in the game is kinda poor design, agreeably. i'm pretty neurotic about side content and always try to complete available side stuff before progressing through the story, so i can't just decide "hm that fight is too hard i'm going to come back later." i gotta do it then and there. though there was legit one exception where the realm tear released 3 of the ice ers and my axe literally did jack and just dodging with arrow spam wasn't effective because i would inevitably get hit by a frost blast and then they'd come in for the kill. that one i did come back to after a certain story point

i'm still not done with the campaign yet, and i definitely intend to NG+ on God of War difficulty... but i still think this is my favorite game. it has a pretty cool story, but not a GOAT story. has very good combat, maybe not GOAT combat. i think the game atmosphere is completely top notch. the semi-open world, yet still fairly linear progression is done expertly. you're not overwhelmed with map icons like rockstar games. the visuals are as good as anything i've seen. character progression feels right (though i know i'm doing it wrong, since im still refusing to dump hacksilver into upgrading armor pieces knowing there's always a better piece around the corner, so im always wearing base level ). the game just does everything very well, and as a complete package... i cant think of a game that outdoes it
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-04-2019 at 02:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Son..i dont know. I thought its a much more diverse combat than Bloodborne.
    the battle feels monotonous when you're grinding against enemies that are leveled much higher than you, as you can just about never stagger them with anything besides runics. and players who explore side content eagerly are going to run into that

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the battle feels monotonous when you're grinding against enemies that are leveled much higher than you, as you can just about never stagger them with anything besides runics. and players who explore side content eagerly are going to run into that
    It's not even that IMO. That kind of stuff is to be expected in a game with as much freedom as God of War gives you, and is much better than say in GTA San Andreas where you get waves of cops that will kill you in a minute or two if you cross the wrong bridge too early. The problem I had is having 5-6 guys attack me at once so that I'm forced into bland ranged combat and evasion. Hopefully it's just Alfheim where that happens, but I found it kind of boring and I haven't touched the game in a couple of days since beating the boss. I probably shouldn't try to compare any game to Bloodborne since it's my favorite game released in the past 30 years, but it doesn't get its difficulty from throwing a ton of enemies you have to fight at once, which makes the complete nerfing of ranged combat in it fair. But when I have that many enemies attacking at once with no way to play stealth and pick them off one at a time I feel forced into spamming square and letting Atreus thin the hordes out. Kind of a shame since I do really like the parry system and the runics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not even that IMO. That kind of stuff is to be expected in a game with as much freedom as God of War gives you, and is much better than say in GTA San Andreas where you get waves of cops that will kill you in a minute or two if you cross the wrong bridge too early. The problem I had is having 5-6 guys attack me at once so that I'm forced into bland ranged combat and evasion. Hopefully it's just Alfheim where that happens, but I found it kind of boring and I haven't touched the game in a couple of days since beating the boss. I probably shouldn't try to compare any game to Bloodborne since it's my favorite game released in the past 30 years, but it doesn't get its difficulty from throwing a ton of enemies you have to fight at once, which makes the complete nerfing of ranged combat in it fair. But when I have that many enemies attacking at once with no way to play stealth and pick them off one at a time I feel forced into spamming square and letting Atreus thin the hordes out. Kind of a shame since I do really like the parry system and the runics.
    Game has variety, tbh... the valkyries are the toughest enemies in the game, and they're just mostly a single opponent...

And yes, like most of you guys I did do some grinding, beat some enemies with higher levels, sometimes cheesing it a bit here or there... there's a lot of fighting to do in that game, and places like Niflheim amplify that even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've not played Bloodborne, but as far as other recent games, Horizon Zero Dawn had much better combat mechanics and more varied enemies/fights IMO. Plus the story was actually good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game has variety, tbh... the valkyries are the toughest enemies in the game, and they're just mostly a single opponent...

And yes, like most of you guys I did do some grinding, beat some enemies with higher levels, sometimes cheesing it a bit here or there... there's a lot of fighting to do in that game, and places like Niflheim amplify that even more.
    ive taken out 4 valkyries thus far... haven't traveled to muspelheim or niflheim yet. the vaklyrie battles are pretty intriguing tbh. still have some story to go, but the valks have been a nice change of pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that EA pos Anthem is supposedly bricking peoples' PS4s. Stay the away from that garbage.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, was gonna upgrade my PC for the new Metro game, but then I watched Zero Punctuation's review. I've had my fill of sandbox open world crafting games, I just want a linear story driven beautiful game. but I guess those don't exist anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, was gonna upgrade my PC for the new Metro game, but then I watched Zero Punctuation's review. I've had my fill of sandbox open world crafting games, I just want a linear story driven beautiful game. but I guess those don't exist anymore.
    Yeah Metro as an open world game doesn't sound right. Not after all the corridor shooting in the first two games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive taken out 4 valkyries thus far... haven't traveled to muspelheim or niflheim yet. the vaklyrie battles are pretty intriguing tbh. still have some story to go, but the valks have been a nice change of pace.
    Musp heim..hnnnng. one of the GOATs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Musp heim..hnnnng. one of the GOATs
    did you ever go back and complete god of war difficulty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you ever go back and complete god of war difficulty?
    No. I thoght give me a challenge was enough. But theres a few added mechanics in that diffulcty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I thoght give me a challenge was enough. But theres a few added mechanics in that diffulcty.
    my plan is to play NG+ on god of war. ive basically been using armor the whole game (did get one piece of valkyrie gear just recently though) because i didnt want to waste materials upgrading lower tier stuff. it will be nice to actually have a playthrough using high quality gear for once. i dont think i plan on getting platinum because i have no desire to sit there and hunt for odin's ravens. i usually like being a completionist as long as its somehow relevant to the game. but sitting there finding these tiny ravens, or wasting 20 minutes flinging an axe from 200 yards away hoping to get lucky doesnt feel connected to the game at all. if there was a simple way to track them on the map i'd consider it... but i havent exactly tracked which ones i did or didnt do.

if i'm a glutton for punishment and decide to come back to this game some time later, i'll probably just try regular god of war for the challenge
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-05-2019 at 03:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my plan is to play NG+ on god of war. ive basically been using armor the whole game (did get one piece of valkyrie gear just recently though) because i didnt want to waste materials upgrading lower tier stuff. it will be nice to actually have a playthrough using high quality gear for once. i dont think i plan on getting platinum because i have no desire to sit there and hunt for odin's ravens. i usually like being a completionist as long as its somehow relevant to the game. but sitting there finding these tiny ravens, or wasting 20 minutes flinging an axe from 200 yards away hoping to get lucky doesnt feel connected to the game at all. if there was a simple way to track them on the map i'd consider it... but i havent exactly tracked which ones i did or didnt do.

if i'm a glutton for punishment and decide to come back to this game some time later, i'll probably just try regular god of war for the challenge
    I was trying to go for platinum too. But those ravens were absurd.

Thats probably my only complaint. I think i needed 9 more and I said it it.

HZD platinum is the best for ps4 exclusives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was trying to go for platinum too. But those ravens were absurd.

Thats probably my only complaint. I think i needed 9 more and I said it it.

HZD platinum is the best for ps4 exclusives
    i got plat on spiderman, that one felt too easy imo . the only real difficult thing was the "secret photo ops" but around the end of the game you end up unlocking a suit mod that reveals them on ur minimap as you come across them. horizon is definitely my next big ticket game on my backlog... but will probably fit in uncharted 2 and arkham city before getting to that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alfheim was kind of a boring level but now the combat is getting a lot more fun doing the side mission for the whetstone in GOW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I'm playing anthem. It's like an even crappier version of Destiny. But hey at least you can fly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I'm playing anthem. It's like an even crappier version of Destiny. But hey at least you can fly
    How can you spend good money on such crap bro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you spend good money on such crap bro?
    I red box'd tbh wanted to see if it was as bad as everyone says

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I red box'd tbh wanted to see if it was as bad as everyone says
    Dude that game has been causing hard crashes and database rebuilds all over the place on PS4 and has been reportedly bricking some PS4 also. Don't know if it's doing the same on XB1, but I wouldn't touch the pos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude that game has been causing hard crashes and database rebuilds all over the place on PS4 and has been reportedly bricking some PS4 also. Don't know if it's doing the same on XB1, but I wouldn't touch the pos.
    It has supposedly happened on both consoles.

man, Bioware has become complete . Their games used to be must-plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has supposedly happened on both consoles.

man, Bioware has become complete . Their games used to be must-plays.
    Sad seeing them and Bethesda both become garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alfheim was kind of a boring level but now the combat is getting a lot more fun doing the side mission for the whetstone in GOW.
    The combat in the game improves

a) as you level up, at least to the point where you don’t keep running into swarms of grunts with one shot unblockables on a regular basis

b) as you continue to unlock gear, runics, abilities, etc. Don’t want to get into spoiler territory but imo it keeps getting better

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    yep, hence why i red box'd it because didnt want to buy it and sony is having issues with it, redboxing it for a couple days on xbone to see if its as bad as they say seemed like a better option. tbh ive only played like 2-3 hours but its not that horrible, but the graphics/framerate on console are atrocious

Thread Information