Page 111 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Im waiting for sekiro.

Maybe I should get it afterall.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to jump back on God of War and I can finally cause damage to those purple health bar ers on the towers in the lake. Still minimal from throwing the axe, but enough to chip health away without having to do all my damage in rage mode. They're still pretty long fights on the challenge mode, but nice to be able to finally beat them after a few tries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to jump back on God of War and I can finally cause damage to those purple health bar ers on the towers in the lake. Still minimal from throwing the axe, but enough to chip health away without having to do all my damage in rage mode. They're still pretty long fights on the challenge mode, but nice to be able to finally beat them after a few tries.
    One good tip for these underleveled bouts is to dodge instead of roll. Gives you much more time to sneak in a counter attack or two. The goal should be to get in a groove so you build up the frost meter on your axe. Cause once that gets up there, you start getting in frost damage and really do work.

As for the story, i felt the same way when playing through. They banked so much on recreating TLOU rather than really having a compelling plot. The whole “journey to the highest point of the realm just because mom asked” seemed really half baked. Granted at the very end, there’s a HUGE payoff that gives the story so much more meaning, but for 95% of my play through the narrative wasn’t driving the game. Imo the game is meant to be played twice because NG+ is a blast and you pick up on a lot more plot subtleties

Also whats with you jumping between games? Thought you said you always play through one full game at a time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing apex lately, pretty solid game. Takes alot of the good stuff from fortnite and gets rid of some of the ty stuff, mainly building.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One good tip for these underleveled bouts is to dodge instead of roll. Gives you much more time to sneak in a counter attack or two. The goal should be to get in a groove so you build up the frost meter on your axe. Cause once that gets up there, you start getting in frost damage and really do work.

As for the story, i felt the same way when playing through. They banked so much on recreating TLOU rather than really having a compelling plot. The whole “journey to the highest point of the realm just because mom asked” seemed really half baked. Granted at the very end, there’s a HUGE payoff that gives the story so much more meaning, but for 95% of my play through the narrative wasn’t driving the game. Imo the game is meant to be played twice because NG+ is a blast and you pick up on a lot more plot subtleties

Also whats with you jumping between games? Thought you said you always play through one full game at a time.
    I do only the roll against the enemies who one shot. But yeah otherwise I dodge, use the shield, counters, and so on.

For the jumping between games, I sometimes play a handheld game for a few minutes a day before going to bed and when outside letting my dog go out and chase , and Persona 1 on Vita was what I was playing handheld. Usually doing that it takes me months to beat a handheld RPG, but I was really getting into the story and was a little bored with God of War, so I started playing Persona instead of God of War. I started Persona 2: Innocent Sin after finishing P1 yesterday, but decided I'd go back and do the harder fights I skipped in God of War and I'm starting to get back into it again. I really think Alfheim got me bored of GOW with the let's keep fighting six easy guys at once because I was really into the game until then. Will probably just not play Persona games on my Vita until I finish GOW because those can get engrossing fast.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-16-2019 at 04:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do only the roll against the enemies who one shot. But yeah otherwise I dodge, use the shield, counters, and so on.

For the jumping between games, I sometimes play a handheld game for a few minutes a day before going to bed and when outside letting my dog go out and chase , and Persona 1 on Vita was what I was playing handheld. Usually doing that it takes me months to beat a handheld RPG, but I was really getting into the story and was a little bored with God of War, so I started playing Persona instead of God of War. I started Persona 2: Innocent Sin after finishing P1 yesterday, but decided I'd go back and do the harder fights I skipped in God of War and I'm starting to get back into it again. I really think Alfheim got me bored of GOW with the let's keep fighting six easy guys at once because I was really into the game until then. Will probably just not play Persona games on my Vita until I finish GOW because those can get engrossing fast.
    The elves are frustrating with their blinding effect. There’s a lot of game after Alfheim tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Story is decent but not tlou, hzd, yakuza 0 level imo.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I beat the first Devil May Cry, and I guess it was all right. I only did one of those secret missions, because the game goes out of its way to make me not want to look for them. I guess I was tainted by Bayonetta, because this game is primitive in comparison, with bad camera angles, inability to lock-on to targets (which got really annoying during certain boss fights), and meh controls.

I guess I'll play the second game--the one everybody hates--next. I'm curious to see why, though. One of the biggest complaints I hear is that the tone is too serious and Dante lost his charm and charisma. That's odd, because the wackiest part of the first game was the opening scene with Trish, and the rest of the game is spent in a castle alone fighting monsters.

Hopefully, 3, 4 and 5 will be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I beat the first Devil May Cry, and I guess it was all right. I only did one of those secret missions, because the game goes out of its way to make me not want to look for them. I guess I was tainted by Bayonetta, because this game is primitive in comparison, with bad camera angles, inability to lock-on to targets (which got really annoying during certain boss fights), and meh controls.

I guess I'll play the second game--the one everybody hates--next. I'm curious to see why, though. One of the biggest complaints I hear is that the tone is too serious and Dante lost his charm and charisma. That's odd, because the wackiest part of the first game was the opening scene with Trish, and the rest of the game is spent in a castle alone fighting monsters.

Hopefully, 3, 4 and 5 will be good.
    4 was awesome. Ive played 1-4...and dmc reboot. Havent had time for 5.

But Neros combat at 4 was the best..even better than dante.

But im hearing they changed nero a bit in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK God of War is getting ing awesome again in the cave inside the mountain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK God of War is getting ing awesome again in the cave inside the mountain.
    i didnt mind alfheim tbh... it was basically just the blinding effect that was frustrating, particularly in the boss fight there.

but yeah, the ascension up the mountain is pretty awesome. there are better moments ahead tbh, so stay tuned.

the enemy balance in the main quest is usually a lot more sensible than side content... you dont really run across purple guys very often. you mostly see that in the early part of the game before getting to the witch. once you reach the lake of nine, the main time you'll run into purples are if you go exploring and mess with realm tears and travellers and

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didnt mind alfheim tbh... it was basically just the blinding effect that was frustrating, particularly in the boss fight there.

but yeah, the ascension up the mountain is pretty awesome. there are better moments ahead tbh, so stay tuned.

the enemy balance in the main quest is usually a lot more sensible than side content... you dont really run across purple guys very often. you mostly see that in the early part of the game before getting to the witch. once you reach the lake of nine, the main time you'll run into purples are if you go exploring and mess with realm tears and travellers and
    That dragon boss fight was really cool. Like the old God of War games but with interesting combat replacing the annoying quicktime events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That dragon boss fight was really cool.
    yeah. god of war typically did boss battles well, where they're as much puzzles as just brute combat. you'll see that tenfold when you encounter valkyries. but yes the dragon fight on the mountain was awesome, and i dont care how over the top some of it was, like the dragon falling with its jaws surrounding kratos. its such a trope at this point, but it was still satisfying as to watch

Like the old God of War games but with interesting combat replacing the annoying quicktime events.
    im bittersweet about that.

on one hand, QTE's frustrated me because i sorta wanted to watch the spectacle of what kratos was doing, but instead had to focus on QTE prompts, so i wouldn't really appreciate the big set pieces. at the same time, just sitting back and watching kratos annihilate something without any button input (even if its a silly QTE) does feel a little empty... even though i know I "earned" that finish by depleting the enemy health bar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. god of war typically did boss battles well, where they're as much puzzles as just brute combat. you'll see that tenfold when you encounter valkyries. but yes the dragon fight on the mountain was awesome, and i dont care how over the top some of it was, like the dragon falling with its jaws surrounding kratos. its such a trope at this point, but it was still satisfying as to watch

im bittersweet about that.

on one hand, QTE's frustrated me because i sorta wanted to watch the spectacle of what kratos was doing, but instead had to focus on QTE prompts, so i wouldn't really appreciate the big set pieces. at the same time, just sitting back and watching kratos annihilate something without any button input (even if its a silly QTE) does feel a little empty... even though i know I "earned" that finish by depleting the enemy health bar
    I still get those brutal finishes at the end of a boss fight with the R3 prompts though, at least so far. Speaking of annoying QTE events, did you ever play Heavenly Sword on PS3? It was a really good God of War clone until you got to the completely unforgiving QTE in boss fights where your response time had to be like Fisher Game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still get those brutal finishes at the end of a boss fight with the R3 prompts though, at least so far. Speaking of annoying QTE events, did you ever play Heavenly Sword on PS3? It was a really good God of War clone until you got to the completely unforgiving QTE in boss fights where your response time had to be like Fisher Game 5.
    yeah its a point of preference as far as how much input you want in those QTE events. if pressing R3 to initiate is good enough for you, or if you feel like you want more input or "involvement."

i've never played heavenly sword

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys enjoyed the dragon fights? I thought that was the least intresting and least enjoyable combats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys enjoyed the dragon fights? I thought that was the least intresting and least enjoyable combats.
    Fights that are glorified puzzles, like the dragon, imo stand out more than fights like the big trolls which are just repe ive/reskins.

Valkyries were fantastic

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    So The Division 2 is pretty awesome so far. the first once was a POS but looks like ubi tried to fix their mistakes. i was enjoying anthem to a certain point but the game has too many issues to ignore, this is definitely a much better game for someone looking for a mmorpg shooter type game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has anybody played Amnesia? its old but looks pretty sick tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has anybody played Amnesia? its old but looks pretty sick tbh
    It's consistently mentioned in the best horror game convos.. I've never played it but I'm guessing it's good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's consistently mentioned in the best horror game convos.. I've never played it but I'm guessing it's good
    i got a free download of the amnesia collection. comes with 2 games + 1 of the DLC's. i didnt think much of it. buddy of mine came over yesterday and told me its supposed to be good. played for about 5-10 minutes just to showcase it. it got my interest

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about buyin MK11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about buyin MK11
    MKX is really polished.. MK 11 should be more of the same. I'll probably get it too, just cause it's MK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got a free download of the amnesia collection. comes with 2 games + 1 of the DLC's. i didnt think much of it. buddy of mine came over yesterday and told me its supposed to be good. played for about 5-10 minutes just to showcase it. it got my interest
    Have you played Alien Isolation? Not too many games raise my heart rate, and this is one of them.. Such a good game and surely it can be found dirt cheap now

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MKX is really polished.. MK 11 should be more of the same. I'll probably get it too, just cause it's MK
    MKX is dope af, 4 years late to the game but it's been fun grinding it. Crazy how fast and tight people play esp online.

MK11 looks totally different. Slower.

Thread Information