Page 114 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing it now... it's fine... wish there would be more Buddha around tho
    Speaking of buddha..where are they. I'm at the early stage kf the game and I wanna present the old lady buddha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to do a better job of explaining the dragonrot. For a second I thought i simply refusing to use resurrect saves NPCs from dragon rot, but you actually continue to get it if you continue dying.

So you need to rest at sculptor each time you die to just reset the mechanic. Kinda stupid.

Would have made more sense if its the resurrect portion isbwhat causes the dragonrot.

These reviews and youtube channels fail to mention that probably because someone else played the game for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think baseline bum is going to love this game, tbh, but I also think there's something to be said about games with this level of grinding from the get go.

While it's true you can grapple from boss to boss if you want, you also need to level up and I feel the stealth is really underdeveloped.

Graphics look a bit outdated too, IMVHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn son. Great info. Yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards a hacked snes classic. Although I didn't want to pay scalper prices since they're sold out pretty much everywhere. Any recommendations on where to pick one up online? I don't buy online pretty much ever. If Nintendo would quit being gots I'd just pick up a switch to play some retro games on there. Pretty much a link to the past and earthbound. That way I'd get the best of both worlds. Although idk if and when that'll happen.
    I think Nintendo has already stopped manufacturing them.. now they're gonna be expensive as from resellers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High praise for Sekiro here; obvious comparisons to Bloodborne (I've got Bloodborne in my library but Hitman is taking up all my hard drive on my PS4 95 gigs!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question, I've had the game for maybe five months and all I do is fire the game up and head straight to quick play, 3v3. Am I missing out on anything if I'm not doing that ranked stuff?

I have my days where I look like a pro and then I regress the next game to where I look like a ing noob.

Are you good at aerials? How do you improve your aerial game besides the obvious of going into training mode?
    Ranked just encourages better rotations and less ridiculous aerials. Quick play is like the All-Star Game whereas ranked is the playoffs. Positioning matters and it teaches you to be a lot faster to the ball and to make smart decisions. Plus, you don't see many early leaves which is why I play it more often.

Aerials are tough. I'd say mix as much of the training as you can, if nothing else get good at double jumping and boosting to the ceiling quickly -- you really need to be instinctual with how you gain al ude to make plays on the ball. Aerials are tough though -- I have hundreds of hours in the game and it really didn't click until I was high plat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sekiro and The Division 2 are both getting GOTY chatter right now.

Outward also looks promising, reminds me of a land-based version of Subnautica, only more hardcore.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sekiro and The Division 2 are both getting GOTY chatter right now.

Outward also looks promising, reminds me of a land-based version of Subnautica, only more hardcore.
    2019 looks like a ing great year for PC gaming between Sekiro, Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2, and Dying Light 2. Now only if a Cyberpunk 2077 announcement for 2019 comes out of right field at E3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think baseline bum is going to love this game, tbh, but I also think there's something to be said about games with this level of grinding from the get go.

While it's true you can grapple from boss to boss if you want, you also need to level up and I feel the stealth is really underdeveloped.

Graphics look a bit outdated too, IMVHO.
    Honestly I'm kind of glad they didn't go nuts on graphics and focused on 60 fps gameplay. Means I don't have to upgrade to one of the crap Turing gpus to play it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2019 looks like a ing great year for PC gaming between Sekiro, Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2, and Dying Light 2. Now only if a Cyberpunk 2077 announcement for 2019 comes out of right field at E3.
    Yup. Tons of promise. I have such high hopes for DL2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Tons of promise. I have such high hopes for DL2.
    Have you beaten Dying Light: The Following? The canon ending with Crane really gives a great seed for the continuing story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you beaten Dying Light: The Following? The canon ending with Crane really gives a great seed for the continuing story.
    I haven't! I should play through it again and beat the expansion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sekiro is amazing but its not a masterpiece

There's a couple obvious flaws in the game and i'm 20hrs in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need a sequel for Until Dawn it would make $$$

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony looks like they're having a Nintendo Direct style presentation today at 4PM CST. Probably will be a lot of Days Gone and MLB The Show 19 coverage but hopefully we see at least a couple of cool announcements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Muspelheim just a bunch of arena battles? Just barely cleared the first one and am not eager to do more challenges there right now since I hate timed .
    muspelheim and niflheim are entirely optional, and they're both basically challenge modes. you get unique crafting materials for certain gear/pommels. i think the unique pommels are both good, though niflheim's armor is better. i wouldn't bother with muspelheim armor. then again im a currency hoarder and its probably the best stuff you can get around that point of the game.

each of them also contains a valkyrie battle. on muspelheim, you have to do the normal and hard challenge at each of the 5 stations. the 6th station is where you find the valkyrie. after beating the valkyrie, you have the option of doing the "impossible trials" which are not really necessary unless you are just grinding for materials or feel like playing a challenge mode. personally i wouldn't bother. but imo you should at least get to the valkyrie before going back. iirc you cant really get to niflheim until late late game.

how far along in the game/story are you at this point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    muspelheim and niflheim are entirely optional, and they're both basically challenge modes. you get unique crafting materials for certain gear/pommels. i think the unique pommels are both good, though niflheim's armor is better. i wouldn't bother with muspelheim armor. then again im a currency hoarder and its probably the best stuff you can get around that point of the game.

each of them also contains a valkyrie battle. on muspelheim, you have to do the normal and hard challenge at each of the 5 stations. the 6th station is where you find the valkyrie. after beating the valkyrie, you have the option of doing the "impossible trials" which are not really necessary unless you are just grinding for materials or feel like playing a challenge mode. personally i wouldn't bother. but imo you should at least get to the valkyrie before going back. iirc you cant really get to niflheim until late late game.

how far along in the game/story are you at this point?
    I'm a little past where you drop the lake's water level the second time and I have mostly just been doing exploring for chests and taking down ancients. It took me a while but I'm starting to really get into the game now to the point that I might go for the platinum. It's finally starting to feel like that game that made me buy a PS4 when I saw it debut at E3 2016. Speaking of that, Sony's E3 2016 has to be the most impressive press conference I have ever seen between God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn. Too bad Uncharted Lost Legacy seems like it didn't end up as good as it looked at that E3. But then again Horizon ended up way better than it looked in the presentation.

Definitely glad I'm playing it on the give me a challenge mode as opposed to the casual one since it forces you to git gud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a little past where you drop the lake's water level the second time and I have mostly just been doing exploring for chests and taking down ancients. It took me a while but I'm starting to really get into the game now to the point that I might go for the platinum. It's finally starting to feel like that game that made me buy a PS4 when I saw it debut at E3 2016. Speaking of that, Sony's E3 2016 has to be the most impressive press conference I have ever seen between God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn. Too bad Uncharted Lost Legacy seems like it didn't end up as good as it looked at that E3. But then again Horizon ended up way better than it looked in the presentation.

Definitely glad I'm playing it on the give me a challenge mode as opposed to the casual one since it forces you to git gud.
    oh yeah, give me a challenge felt perfect. it took me multiple attempts to get past even the first encounter with draugers when you're just hunting with atreus... and i realized im not going to be able to just button mash my way out of anything. there were a couple of other areas early on where the game really pushes you... when you fall from the bridge and there's all those petrified draugers (followed by the heavy draugers that burst through the wall), the encounter shortly after where you have to deal with a revenant + i think 2 other heavy draugers at the same time. i also died quite a bit to the second troll you encounter, the one that tosses lava at you, while random enemies spawn and start throwing projectiles. the last one i remember that really gave me fits (besides valkyries) was when you're doing one of brok's quests... right before you fight the soul devourer you get ambushed by a ton of draugers with some guy at the top of the ledge tossing projectiles at you.

give me god of war is incredibly unforgiving, but on NG+ it still overall feels easier than challenge because your equipment/runics make those earlier encounters easier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh the Playstation State of Play show sucked. Only good part of the show was when MK11 was using the original version of Ice Cube's Check Yo'Self in the trailer. LOL they kept cutting out the line where Cube raps "Doing foul crime... I'm that nigga with your Alpine."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also... where the does God of War go, on a difficulty scale, after the monster that was Sigrun?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also... where the does God of War go, on a difficulty scale, after the monster that was Sigrun?
    A tier below souls series.

GOW is amazing but the valkyries were the onlys that felt like bloodborne bosess. Granted ive never played any DS games and i stopped playing bloodbrone midway but give me a challenge of god war is a difficulty below.

God of war difficulty is probably at the same level.

Id go

Sekiro
    Bloodbrone = GOW ( God of war difficulty)
    Give me a challenge difficulty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOW is tuned so it's not extra grinding from the get go, IMO. You can finish the game without the Valkyries, but the combat is so good, that once you come across them, it meshes well.

It's really different game design and mechanics than Bloodborne and Sekiro. There's nothing wrong with either, just different approaches, targeting different audiences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A tier below souls series.

GOW is amazing but the valkyries were the onlys that felt like bloodborne bosess. Granted ive never played any DS games and i stopped playing bloodbrone midway but give me a challenge of god war is a difficulty below.

God of war difficulty is probably at the same level.

Id go

Sekiro
    Bloodbrone = GOW ( God of war difficulty)
    Give me a challenge difficulty
    NG+ takes it to another level too. The scrubs are easier since you’re so leveled but valkyries are a different animal.

Gmgow+ Sigrun is a nightmare. I’ve been stuck for literally hours tbh. Never even remotely approached that in give me a challenge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill probably replay GOW again. The combat is just way too good. A lot of people that quit on GOW dont realize the combat imrpoves with each skills acquaired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine any boss worse than Orphan of Kos in the Bloodborne DLC. That er is way more agile than you are, and you're really agile in Bloodborne. It took me 50-60 attempts to finally squeak by him by the skin of my nuts.

Thread Information