Page 115 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NG+ takes it to another level too. The scrubs are easier since you’re so leveled but valkyries are a different animal.

Gmgow+ Sigrun is a nightmare. I’ve been stuck for literally hours tbh. Never even remotely approached that in give me a challenge
    Some dude at twich beat her at level 1 in Give me god of war..took him close to an hour since he was barely inflicting damage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill probably replay GOW again. The combat is just way too good. A lot of people that quit on GOW dont realize the combat imrpoves with each skills acquaired.
    Yeah. And bb hasn’t even reached the critical point in the game. Don’t want to get into spoilers for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine any boss worse than Orphan of Kos in the Bloodborne DLC. That er is way more agile than you are, and you're really agile in Bloodborne. It took me 50-60 attempts to finally squeak by him by the skin of my nuts.
    I’m admittedly not well versed in the genre, but some of the valks, particularly Sigrun, are bonkers. Goomba stomp OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some dude at twich beat her at level 1 in Give me god of war..took him close to an hour since he was barely inflicting damage
    On gmgow you can’t use Atreus to stun her aerial attacks. You literally have to toss the axe at her in that tiny window

on NG+ her attacks are different too. It feels completely different. Yeah she’s also spongier but you can feel the mechanical difference too

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m admittedly not well versed in the genre, but some of the valks, particularly Sigrun, are bonkers. Goomba stomp OP
    Well I'm definitely going to play through this game doing every bit of side content I can find now, as I'm starting to love GOW as much as I did Horizon (which was the first game I platinumed). So I'll compare when I get there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. And bb hasn’t even reached the critical point in the game. Don’t want to get into spoilers for him.
    When do I get to plow Freya?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I'm definitely going to play through this game doing every bit of side content I can find now, as I'm starting to love GOW as much as I did Horizon (which was the first game I platinumed). So I'll compare when I get there.
    Seeing as you’ve seen the water drop a second time, you’re next main quest iirc is to find “the chisel.” Once you have that you unlock most the Valkyrie content. Some are easier than others, and they all have unique traits. They’re a great mechanic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do I get to plow Freya?
    Gotta travel to milfgard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta travel to milfgard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's plenty of dudes on youtube that beat her without taking damage on GMGoW (which is what you'd have to do at lvl 1). That's kind of my one complaint with her and the other Valkyries - it's all memorization and reflexes. There's really no preparation or strategy, just countering whichever moves they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man my last battle with a sekiro boss took 50 mins.

What a pain.

I died like 20 times so instead of getting greedy, i waitied ONLY for the wide open opportunity.

It was fun but would have been more fine if it wasnt that hard.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Man my last battle with a sekiro boss took 50 mins.

What a pain.

I died like 20 times so instead of getting greedy, i waitied ONLY for the wide open opportunity.

It was fun but would have been more fine if it wasnt that hard.
    You would hate Monster Hunter . Imagine fighting a monster for 40 minutes, losing and having nothing to show for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would hate Monster Hunter . Imagine fighting a monster for 40 minutes, losing and having nothing to show for it.
    I sold my copy of monster hunter. Might actually buy it again. I think I quit cause i got bored with the lack of lore and story.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I sold my copy of monster hunter. Might actually buy it again. I think I quit cause i got bored with the lack of lore and story.
    The entire game is grinding. It's for picking up and playing to kill time, but the depth of it is endless. I have 210+ hours invested and I still suck.

If you care about the story, it won't be for you. It's about crafting the best weapons, armor, etc., and experimenting with builds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Magni and Modi are kicking my ass in GOW since the ers keep healing once I get them near death. They wouldn't even be that hard to fight if I didn't have to kill them both at once. Persona 5 did the same with one of its boss fights too.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was fighting stupid. Using hand to hand made it easy to stun them to keep them from regaining health and got it on my first try after using that method.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-27-2019 at 09:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just killed the first valkyrie right after getting the chisel; that was a pretty cool fight. I kept trying to roll but could only dodge that flying attack about 50% of the time. After a few tries I got the parry to about 75% of the time and that was enough to kill it. Though I had to use a resurrection stone. Speaking of them, I completely forgot they were in the game until noticing them when going to the dwarf to get my axe upgraded right after the Magni and Modi fight. That valkyrie fight is making me think I might end up rating this game above Horizon, though to be fair I played Horizon on standard instead of hard. So maybe I shortchanged myself on the combat in Horizon (which was still pretty awesome).

So after experiencing a valkyrie fight for comparison, I definitely think Bloodborne would be up your alley spurraider21. I can definitely see a lot of Bloodborne inspiration in at least that fight. And the Magni and Modi fight is definitely reminiscent of one in Dark Souls 1.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-27-2019 at 11:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just killed the first valkyrie right after getting the chisel; that was a pretty cool fight. I kept trying to roll but could only dodge that flying attack about 50% of the time. After a few tries I got the parry to about 75% of the time and that was enough to kill it. Though I had to use a resurrection stone. Speaking of them, I completely forgot they were in the game until noticing them when going to the dwarf to get my axe upgraded right after the Magni and Modi fight. That valkyrie fight is making me think I might end up rating this game above Horizon, though to be fair I played Horizon on standard instead of hard. So maybe I shortchanged myself on the combat in Horizon (which was still pretty awesome).

So after experiencing a valkyrie fight for comparison, I definitely think Bloodborne would be up your alley spurraider21. I can definitely see a lot of Bloodborne inspiration in at least that fight. And the Magni and Modi fight is definitely reminiscent of one in Dark Souls 1.
    Nice man. The first Valkyrie right by Thamur’s Corpse is the easiest one by a significant margin imo, but still takes getting used to. It’s really an introduction or primer to the valkyries.

Do another story mission or two (at least) before working on the rest. It gets really good right around where you are.

i just started playing uncharted 2. Horizon is my next main game on my list but want to play uncharted 2 and Arkham city before starting that behemoth. I also didn’t want to play it b2b following god of war because i don’t want to unfairly judge either
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-27-2019 at 11:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice man. The first Valkyrie right by Thamur’s Corpse is the easiest one by a significant margin imo, but still takes getting used to. It’s really an introduction or primer to the valkyries.

Do another story mission or two (at least) before working on the rest. It gets really good right around where you are.
    Yeah I figured I'd have to get much better at parrying for later valkyries based on the way you and apa have been talking about them. That was the first fight in the game I used parrying at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I figured I'd have to get much better at parrying for later valkyries based on the way you and apa have been talking about them. That was the first fight in the game I used parrying at all.
    Oh yeah you basically have to parry every yellow attack as their swipes cover so much ground. Dodging can be a fools errand.

I dont remember where or when it’s acquired but there’s an enchantment that increases your parry window iirc. That helps.

You also should be using the Amulet of Kvalsir (spelling?) talisman. It’s the one you get in Alfheim that slows time after a perfect dodge. Imo it’s the best talisman before NG+, maybe with the exception of the shattered gauntlet of the ages (which is only really viable when fully upgraded, but requires very specific materials to upgrade that you won’t get to do till quite a bit later in the game)

health burst one is ok too. Later on the runic cooldown one is useful as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also should be using the Amulet of Kvalsir (spelling?) talisman. It’s the one you get in Alfheim that slows time after a perfect dodge. Imo it’s the best talisman before NG+, maybe with the exception of the shattered gauntlet of the ages (which is only really viable when fully upgraded, but requires very specific materials to upgrade that you won’t get to do till quite a bit later in the game)
    I was about to ask if that dodge amulet was worth keeping instead of other rarer ones. Glad it stays pretty strong throughout the game since I like it so much I already maxed it out.

Also does yellow mean blockable and red unblockable in all fights? That sounds kind of hand-holding if so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valhalla!

Id skip bloodbrone and play it after sekiro.

Sekiro is closer to GOW since they both rely heavily on parry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was about to ask if that dodge amulet was worth keeping instead of other rarer ones. Glad it stays pretty strong throughout the game since I like it so much I already maxed it out.

Also does yellow mean blockable and red unblockable in all fights? That sounds kind of hand-holding if so.
    No color indicator means you can parry or just block

Yellow means you have to parry. If you just try to block it will give that block break animation and you’ll be vulnerable. Valkyries like to do combo attacks so the first will blockbreak and second will smash you.

Red means you cant block or parry and must avoid.

It may seem like handholding but just wait till future valks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No color indicator means you can parry or just block

Yellow means you have to parry. If you just try to block it will give that block break animation and you’ll be vulnerable. Valkyries like to do combo attacks so the first will blockbreak and second will smash you.

Red means you cant block or parry and must avoid.

It may seem like handholding but just wait till future valks
    Beside the thr queen who else annoyed you among the valkyries? Imo most of the valkyire were meduim difficulty but the queen with minows around..so annoying. Granted i fought her very early so that must have played a part.

Queen def felt like a bloodbrone boss though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beside the thr queen who else annoyed you among the valkyries? Imo most of the valkyire were meduim difficulty but the queen with minows around..so annoying. Granted i fought her very early so that must have played a part.

Queen def felt like a bloodbrone boss though
    Alfheim one gave me fits. And the one that keeps spawning minions. Going through them again on NG+ was surprisingly difficult. You should play NG+ on give me god of war.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I just started Devil May Cry 2, and I am able to destroy everybody with the pistols. I literally am able to just hold down the right bumper, press X, and kill everything. This is going to be a disaster.

Thread Information