Page 117 of 376 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 9386
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    God of War must really push the PS4 harder than any other game, because it's the only one I have played that makes my PS4 Slim get loud. Not XBox 360 or PS2 Fat loud by any means, but audible when it's usually pretty silent unless reading from the Blu Ray drive on an install. Horizon and Uncharted 4 are the two other PS4 games I'd put in a similar class graphically to God of War and I never heard the system playing either of those.
    uncharted 4 still has the best graphics ive seen on a console game. ROTR looked pretty amazing on the pro also.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    the PS4 tomb raider series also looks very good visually, may be another franchise i check out eventually. i imagine they'll bundle the 3 main entries
    defs worth it, the first one really satisfied the itch i had after i beat Last of Us, and it is surprisingly a pretty brutal and violent game. ROTR is easily the best in the series, one of my favorite games ever. the 3rd installement is good but not great, it doesnt do enough to separate itself from the first two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing sekiro atm...its pretty damn good so punishing, gives me that masochist gamer boner ive been missing lately

Amazing game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... getting a ps4 is one of the best decisions i've made from an entertainment perspective. it might not end up with a library like the ps2, but when it comes to regularly churning out legit 9/10+ games, ps4 is unrivaled. save fallout 76 (and thats not really a ps4 issue), has anything really disappointed?

xbox might perform better for multiplat but sony has so many good exclusives that its not even a factor worth considering. see almost no point in getting an xbox one. i'd sooner get a switch than an xbox because nintendo exclusives are always a blast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the PS4 tomb raider series also looks very good visually, may be another franchise i check out eventually. i imagine they'll bundle the 3 main entries
    I enjoyed both very much, although I wouldn't recommend playing them right after Uncharted, they're somewhat similar style of games.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... getting a ps4 is one of the best decisions i've made from an entertainment perspective. it might not end up with a library like the ps2, but when it comes to regularly churning out legit 9/10+ games, ps4 is unrivaled. save fallout 76 (and thats not really a ps4 issue), has anything really disappointed?
    The Last Guardian is the most disappointing exclusive on PS4 since it's by the devs who did Shadow of the Colossus and everyone was expecting another masterpiece out of them. But for the most part the exclusives have been outstanding since Bloodborne released in 2015.

xbox might perform better for multiplat but sony has so many good exclusives that its not even a factor worth considering. see almost no point in getting an xbox one. i'd sooner get a switch than an xbox because nintendo exclusives are always a blast.
    Switch is probably worth buying just for Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW. It has a respectable library when you count the Wii U ports like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Yoshi's Crafted World is pretty cool if you want a really casual platformer. Though the other big exclusives are Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which you might be that into if you don't like JRPG.

Astral Chain is the game coming this year on Switch that I'm really interested in since it's developed by Platinum (who is responsible for the combat in NieR Automata).

Since I'm not expecting The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, or Death Stranding this year, Astral Chain is prob second only to Dying Light 2 on my list of most anticipated upcoming releases for 2019. Then my third would probably be the remaster of Link's Awakening coming out on Switch near the end of the year. Mario Maker 2 should be a big hit too, but I doubt it'll be any good on a hacked Switch that can't go online to download levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Last Guardian is the most disappointing exclusive on PS4 since it's by the devs who did Shadow of the Colossus and everyone was expecting another masterpiece out of them. But for the most part the exclusives have been outstanding since Bloodborne released in 2015.

Switch is probably worth buying just for Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW. It has a respectable library when you count the Wii U ports like Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Yoshi's Crafted World is pretty cool if you want a really casual platformer. Though the other big exclusives are Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which you might be that into if you don't like JRPG.

Astral Chain is the game coming this year on Switch that I'm really interested in since it's developed by Platinum (who is responsible for the combat in NieR Automata).

Since I'm not expecting The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, or Death Stranding this year, Astral Chain is prob second only to Dying Light 2 on my list of most anticipated upcoming releases for 2019. Then my third would probably be the remaster of Link's Awakening coming out on Switch near the end of the year. Mario Maker 2 should be a big hit too, but I doubt it'll be any good on a hacked Switch that can't go online to download levels.
    Ghost and last of us 2 are probably ps5 tles.

Specially the last of us 2. The graphics seemed way too good for ps4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost and last of us 2 are probably ps5 tles.

Specially the last of us 2. The graphics seemed way too good for ps4.
    huh? i dont think its even a question that it will be a ps4 release. the ps5 hasn't even been formally announced and we've already seen a gameplay trailer that was confirmed to be on the ps4. all the trailers have ended with ps4 screens. its gonna be just like TLOU, which came out near the end of the ps3 and pushed it to its limits. they'll probably have a ps5 remaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh? i dont think its even a question that it will be a ps4 release. the ps5 hasn't even been formally announced and we've already seen a gameplay trailer that was confirmed to be on the ps4. all the trailers have ended with ps4 screens. its gonna be just like TLOU, which came out near the end of the ps3 and pushed it to its limits. they'll probably have a ps5 remaster.
    What phone are you using?

I've been playing my ps1 and ps2 favourites on my phone for a year now.

Just finished suikoden 2 a few months ago

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone played DMC5? The extreme microtransactions in the game has seem to have killed this game. There is not as much walkthrough playthroughs of the game on youtube.

Between the microtransactions and the lack of inovation, I think people were completely turned off by it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah dont really wanna play devil may cac anymore. Really tired of its played out cringey culture.

But its caccoom. Did you expect better from a microtransactions standpoint?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What phone are you using?

I've been playing my ps1 and ps2 favourites on my phone for a year now.

Just finished suikoden 2 a few months ago
    iphone 6s... has storage anyway. wouldnt want to game on my phone. i do enough of that at home tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give the game some time. The game has clear flaws but after a certain chapter game just explodes.
    I've only played it a short while, but I'm already seeing some major red flags. Unless the rest of the game just blows me away I won't be playing any of the other les in the Yakuza series.

Maybe I just need to avoid Japanese les from now on, because it seems like I'm always ing about them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've only played it a short while, but I'm already seeing some major red flags. Unless the rest of the game just blows me away I won't be playing any of the other les in the Yakuza series.

Maybe I just need to avoid Japanese les from now on, because it seems like I'm always ing about them.
    I felt the same way. Almost quit after chapter 3 lol.

But its still one of the best gaming experience for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually didn't like the game much after starting it either, so I can echo what apa is saying. These were my first thoughts about the game

A couple of days in and Yakuza 0 is feeling massively overrated. The minigames are mostly boring other than the Sega games you can play when you walk into an arcade and the cool I saw in the reviews like picking up bikes and beating the out of people with them can only be done in this fighting stance called "beast" where the control is super slow and unresponsive. The control feels pretty bad in this game too. Some times you can't use the right thumbstick to spin around your view fully and it feels kind of random when it will work vs when it won't. The camera can be terrible. There is this one guy who tries to rob you on the street and fighting him is reasonable when you have a good camera angle but if you run past him or he runs past you getting the camera back on him so you can see what you're doing can take forever. The control at times feels almost like a late PS1 or early PS2 game, which is completely at odds with the modern graphics and sound. The story is really cool so far but the control seems to badly hold this game back.
    I think my problems with the controls came mostly from how they behaved when you were near a wall or a door or something. The minigames got pretty good and the fighting became a lot of fun later on. I think I rated the game around 8.5/10 after finishing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The valkyrie in the River Pass area was pretty easy, much easier than the first one I did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The valkyrie in the River Pass area was pretty easy, much easier than the first one I did.
    Kara is indeed the easiest Valkyrie.

Next to hardest for me was the one in Niflhein where not only is your health decreasing but you need to find her in the maze while also fighting your way through wave of enemies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, gotta say God of War is definitely my favorite game to come out since NieR Automata or Persona 5 (can't remember which came out later), even above the brilliant Super Mario Odyssey. Though Sekiro might take that le if it's anywhere near as good as Bloodborne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Next to hardest for me was the one in Niflhein where not only is your health decreasing but you need to find her in the maze while also fighting your way through wave of enemies.
    Damn I thought you quit gaming man. Good to see you back here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    completely forgot about that one tbh. to me the hardest ones (besides the queen) were the ones in alfheim and muspelheim. have you made any story progress since getting the chisel, or have you just been hunting down valkyries? kara also gave me a hard time because the minions she spawns were 1-2 shotting me as well

thats not kara. kara is the one in the witch's cave that spawns draugers. the niflheim one isn't that hard herself, but yeah the cir stances of that realm are what make that one challenging.

also she's always in the same spot, so it's not really a "maze." though you do have to fight through at least 2 groups of enemies before reaching her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    completely forgot about that one tbh. to me the hardest ones (besides the queen) were the ones in alfheim and muspelheim. have you made any story progress since getting the chisel, or have you just been hunting down valkyries?
    Just the part where I went to Helheim to kill that guy and get mini me back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the part where I went to Helheim to kill that guy and get mini me back.
    nice, so you've already been reacquainted with your... old friend. that was the spoiler i didnt want to give since its one of the best story moments imo. you're also pretty handicapped before that point since u basically double your runics so theres a lot less time between cooldowns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice, so you've already been reacquainted with your... old friend. that was the spoiler i didnt want to give since its one of the best story moments imo. you're also pretty handicapped before that point since u basically double your runics so theres a lot less time between cooldowns
    Had to know she'd be back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually didn't like the game much after starting it either, so I can echo what apa is saying. These were my first thoughts about the game

I think my problems with the controls came mostly from how they behaved when you were near a wall or a door or something. The minigames got pretty good and the fighting became a lot of fun later on. I think I rated the game around 8.5/10 after finishing.
    Yeah the controls are pretty bad. The fighting so far feels a bit like Shenmue... which was a 1999 le. And the graphics look like they're at least a generation outdated. And the cutscenes (which is 99% of the game so far) are annoying as . It's constantly skipping between in-game graphics, cut-scene graphics, those over stylized still-frame cutscenes, and long stretches of dialogue without any voice acting. I swear, Japanese games are the only ones that do this type of . Western games have figured out how to integrate gameplay and storytelling a lot better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the controls are pretty bad. The fighting so far feels a bit like Shenmue... which was a 1999 le. And the graphics look like they're at least a generation outdated. And the cutscenes (which is 99% of the game so far) are annoying as . It's constantly skipping between in-game graphics, cut-scene graphics, those over stylized still-frame cutscenes, and long stretches of dialogue without any voice acting. I swear, Japanese games are the only ones that do this type of . Western games have figured out how to integrate gameplay and storytelling a lot better.
    I don't mind not being fully voice acted. Yakuza games are done on a really tight budget. Another of my favorite games NieR Automata (which was also made on a thin budget) does the same. The reason Yakuza 0 is pretty lackluster graphically is because it's a PS3 game that a quick port to PS4. Same for Yakuza Kiwami. You can't expect Japanese games to have the kind of graphics you see in Western games with enormous budgets like RDR2, God of War, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider though. Even one of the most enormous hits made for a Japanese audience in Dragon Quest XI only sold 3 million in Japan.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-29-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Thread Information