Page 120 of 376 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 9386
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to be ashamed about though. I sank 10+ hours on on GOW on multiple occasions.

If you plan on getting platinum for this, it's almost a requirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I was having fun with it until I've got to lady butterfly... I just can't even beat the 1st half of that fight. Not sure if I'm woefully not leveled up enough or what, but I get slapped in like 30 secs flat.
    Surprisingly lady butterfly was the easiest boss for me. I struggled with the jizou the drunkard more.

With lady butterlfy you need to be ultra aggressive. Attack and attack and attack. Whenever shes in the air use the shurikens it hits 90% of the time and should give you enough time to get some decent damage.

EDIT: I think I got her HP to 40s in for both deathblows.

I'm learning slowly here that posture is the real health bar. Not the health bar itselfm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprisingly lady butterfly was the easiest boss for me. I struggled with the jizou the drunkard more.

With lady butterlfy you need to be ultra aggressive. Attack and attack and attack. Whenever shes in the air use the shurikens it hits 90% of the time and should give you enough time to get some decent damage.

EDIT: I think I got her HP to 40s in for both deathblows.

I'm learning slowly here that posture is the real health bar. Not the health bar itselfm
    At this point I used up all my shurikens, so I would need to go back to the other levels and fill up the soul essence BS again... maybe I'll try to keep going on the other non-praying path and see if I can level up some more

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your PS4 controller can hold that much charge in one session? Mine is so old and used up it can barely get through 2 hours. I play mainly plugged in. Not a fan of s ing out 60 bucks for a measly controller.
    Mine can do 6-7 hours or so I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your PS4 controller can hold that much charge in one session? Mine is so old and used up it can barely get through 2 hours. I play mainly plugged in. Not a fan of s ing out 60 bucks for a measly controller.
    My original controller stopped holding any charge, it wouldn't turn on without being plugged in. I bought a new one while they were on sale, but it sucks that there aren't any third party controllers for the PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My original controller stopped holding any charge, it wouldn't turn on without being plugged in. I bought a new one while they were on sale, but it sucks that there aren't any third party controllers for the PS4.
    I'd probably just buy a new battery. Thankfully DualShock 4 controllers only use Phillips head screws so are easy to take apart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new battery pack is $10 on Amazon. Just be careful when ordering since they changed the battery connector between the old (pre-Pro/Slim) and new controllers.

Also new controllers are $47 on Amazon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I used up all my shurikens, so I would need to go back to the other levels and fill up the soul essence BS again... maybe I'll try to keep going on the other non-praying path and see if I can level up some more
    Theres a few easy to level up places. The route to Jizo the drunkard. Can get you 5 skill points in under 1 hrs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to be ashamed about though. I sank 10+ hours on on GOW on multiple occasions.

If you plan on getting platinum for this, it's almost a requirement.
    Man back when i was in college I’d have legit marathon sessions

Recently ive been able to get a lot of time in when my wife was out of the state for interviews but generally on a good weekend I’ll get in 5-6 hour days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man back when i was in college I’d have legit marathon sessions

Recently ive been able to get a lot of time in when my wife was out of the state for interviews but generally on a good weekend I’ll get in 5-6 hour days
    Lol. It took me 2 days to finish the uncharted trilogy back in college

Nowadys I cant finish a single game in less than 3 weeks. The second tomb raider took a month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how uncharted 2 is significantly better than the original. I will say the graphics look nicer, and they added a rudimentary stealth mechanic, which is almost never as useful as it sounds because eventually the game demands you get spotted to trigger a set piece anyway.

But the gun play, climbing, story, puzzle solving feels identical to the first one. I’d always heard people raving about #2 and claiming 1 is the worst and borderline skippable. I don’t really see that great a disparity. I think they were both pretty good games. I still think i prefer infamous as a series.

its also probably unfair playing UC2 directly after god of war, to be fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how uncharted 2 is significantly better than the original. I will say the graphics look nicer, and they added a rudimentary stealth mechanic, which is almost never as useful as it sounds because eventually the game demands you get spotted to trigger a set piece anyway.

But the gun play, climbing, story, puzzle solving feels identical to the first one. I’d always heard people raving about #2 and claiming 1 is the worst and borderline skippable. I don’t really see that great a disparity. I think they were both pretty good games. I still think i prefer infamous as a series.

its also probably unfair playing UC2 directly after god of war, to be fair
    Really? I found the control awful in UC1. It felt freaking ancient. While UC2 the control felt modern.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? I found the control awful in UC1. It felt freaking ancient. While UC2 the control felt modern.
    Roger that.

I recently replayed the "remastered" trilogy and could barely finish the first game. Didn't even played the second or third. I also found it sluggish and slow.

One thing I will say about the first one is that it's by far the hardest of the series which made it more fun and challenging.

I remember getting stuck on mission 4 on Crushing diffuculty for like a week trying to get pass the spawning wave of enemies with almost no cover. Eventually I forgot about it and gave up on it completely. UC1 is the only game I have aimed for plat and gave up on literally with one trophy left.

That 91% haunts me to this day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played them both on Hard. bb maybe the remastered ones control better? I dno

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played them both on Hard. bb maybe the remastered ones control better? I dno
    You're playing them on PS3?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, they did change the controls for the remastered. it took me a while to re-adjust for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kara is indeed the easiest Valkyrie.

Next to hardest for me was the one in Niflhein where not only is your health decreasing but you need to find her in the maze while also fighting your way through wave of enemies.
    Gotta say the Niflheim valkyrie was by far the easiest of the three I have fought so far. Use my two runic attacks at the beginning of the fight, block the ice and then roll out of the way of the final ice attack, roll from the red charging attack, parry the yellow charging attack, and then rage mode whenever my health is low.

EDIT: Actually I should switch to blades of chaos and do my other two runic attacks so I can do four at the start of any valkyrie fight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say the Nilfheim valkyrie was by far the easiest of the three I have fought so far. Use my two runic attacks at the beginning of the fight, block the ice and then roll out of the way of the final ice attack, roll from the red dodge, parry the yellow dodge, and then rage mode whenever my health is low.
    Yeah I think it's all about which armor you're wearing. I didn't make much use of runic which only worked to my disavantage. It wasn't until after I beat the game that I started youtubing walkthroughs and saw people cutting valkyies down like ing knife through butter because they were stacked with good armor and magic.

Do you find Rage usefull? They nerfed the out of that in this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think it's all about which armor you're wearing. I didn't make much use of runic which only worked to my disavantage. It wasn't until after I beat the game that I started youtubing walkthroughs and saw people cutting valkyies down like ing knife through butter because they were stacked with good armor and magic.

Do you find Rage usefull? They nerfed the out of that in this game.
    The rage is extremely useful. Not just for dealing out huge damage but also for gaining health back. You didn't find rage nor runic attacks useful in the valkyrie battles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're playing them on PS3?
    Nah the remastered ones for PS4. If your bad experience from uncharted 1 was from ps3 I’m sayin maybe it didn’t feel as bad for me since i played the remastered not the original

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say the Niflheim valkyrie was by far the easiest of the three I have fought so far. Use my two runic attacks at the beginning of the fight, block the ice and then roll out of the way of the final ice attack, roll from the red charging attack, parry the yellow charging attack, and then rage mode whenever my health is low.

EDIT: Actually I should switch to blades of chaos and do my other two runic attacks so I can do four at the start of any valkyrie fight.
    I always opened with blades. Hyperion grapple (heavy runic) does great damage on single targets including valks (doesn’t work on the massive enemies though). I would do both blade runics and summon wolves to leave the valk stunned then use both axe runics.

For axe runics the best ones were leviathans wake (the hyper strong axe toss) and glaivestorm. Glaivestorm is the best attack in the game imo. Great against swarms, great against single targets. Those are both great in all situations. Also for light runic you can use the ice beam one (can’t remember what it’s called) and just annihilate ancients with it. Once their chest is exposed, use a ream shift talisman and just aim the beam into their chest it's basically a one shot

For blades i would use nimean crush for most of the game and use blast of haphaestas against valks. For my heavy i would use Hyperion grapple and in situations with more crowds or massive enemies you couldn’t grapple, would use Hyperion slam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah the remastered ones for PS4. If your bad experience from uncharted 1 was from ps3 I’m sayin maybe it didn’t feel as bad for me since i played the remastered not the original
    Nah man I was talking about the remastered version of Uncharted 1. Controls still felt awful in it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rage is extremely useful. Not just for dealing out huge damage but also for gaining health back. You didn't find rage nor runic attacks useful in the valkyrie battles?
    Not particularly for rage. I didn't think it dealt a lot of damage either.

The health you gain back is minimal in my opinion. And I did find runic magic useful for sure. It's actually essential for intense battles such as with the Valkyries and the black hole enemies which are level 6's and up.

My go TOs were 's touch which allowed you a few seconds to string together a massive combo along with the talisman to slow down time. Works great with the full set of Ivaldi's armor.

I put everything on strength and defense. I guess I didn't find rage all that useful because the Ivaldi armor when fully upgraded gives you health anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Comix Zone..
    Comix Zone is officially on the US system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not particularly for rage. I didn't think it dealt a lot of damage either.

The health you gain back is minimal in my opinion. And I did find runic magic useful for sure. It's actually essential for intense battles such as with the Valkyries and the black hole enemies which are level 6's and up.

My go TOs were 's touch which allowed you a few seconds to string together a massive combo along with the talisman to slow down time. Works great with the full set of Ivaldi's armor.

I put everything on strength and defense. I guess I didn't find rage all that useful because the Ivaldi armor when fully upgraded gives you health anyways.
    Yeah i thought rage was useless. Only time I found it useful is in one of the musphelheim challenges

Thread Information