Page 130 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL I wish 36:1; it was prob 60:1 for me. Though I did way better when I took your suggestion and went with the valkyrie waist and wrist and Sindri's plate for the chest and then set my upgrades to buff defense, runic, and cooldown. With the mist armor I was getting wrecked by that er.
    it also confirms that she's a completely different animal on gmgow. players who made it through the whole grind of the campaign and all valkyries on that difficulty still needed 3x as many attempts as people playing just 1 setting lower. i remember thinking "well i already beat her, so how much harder will she really be this time around" and it took me significantly longer.

Never played the hard modes on Horizon but if you end up playing NieR Automata (amazing game) stay away from them. The button mashing super hectic Bayonetta style combat does not mix well with two hits and you're dead.
    ive never really been into the hack and slash genre outside of the god of war series (not including the latest installment)... so i dont have that bayonetta/ninja gaiden instinct to go in gung-ho and try to up. i dont mind patiently lining up shots and being strategic in all that. but it just seems like the arrows do jack . i know you're supposed to target the "weak points" like the eyes of watchers (and that one one-shots)... but there are other machines where i target and hit both "weak points" and while it does significant damage, they dont die just from that. i guess i cant be greedy and try using regular arrows vs elemental arrows.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it also confirms that she's a completely different animal on gmgow. players who made it through the whole grind of the campaign and all valkyries on that difficulty still needed 3x as many attempts as people playing just 1 setting lower. i remember thinking "well i already beat her, so how much harder will she really be this time around" and it took me significantly longer.

ive never really been into the hack and slash genre outside of the god of war series (not including the latest installment)... so i dont have that bayonetta/ninja gaiden instinct to go in gung-ho and try to up. i dont mind patiently lining up shots and being strategic in all that. but it just seems like the arrows do jack . i know you're supposed to target the "weak points" like the eyes of watchers (and that one one-shots)... but there are other machines where i target and hit both "weak points" and while it does significant damage, they dont die just from that. i guess i cant be greedy and try using regular arrows vs elemental arrows.
    NieR Automata's hack and slash is worlds superior to that of the PS2 God of War series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i played around for about 1-1.5 hours yesterday, basically doing 2 sidequests. maybe its a function of the difficulty, but the bow/arrow seem to be next to useless against anything besides the basic watchers. the striders are pretty docile and a heavy spear attack seems to em up pretty good.

but the third type, the "scrappers" in annihilate me in seemingly 1 hit, and even when i hit their weak spots with my bow, they're still alive, and then regular bow shots anywhere else do next to ing nothing.

to this point ive been getting around almost exclusively through stealth kills. hide in grass, whistle on over, stealth kill, rinse repeat. i hope its like god of war when in the beginning you're fairly underpowered early but improves later. either that or this difficulty is just a grind where they're damage sponges
    I would say around 10% percent of the game stealth is key but as you open up more skills and start to have more variety in your bow/arrow stealth becomes useless.

HZD offers the best bow and arrow mechanic of all time.

I remeber not wanting to play because bow and arrow sounded boring but man its better than 90% of sword fights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say around 10% percent of the game stealth is key but as you open up more skills and start to have more variety in your bow/arrow stealth becomes useless.

HZD offers the best bow and arrow mechanic of all time.

I remeber not wanting to play because bow and arrow sounded boring but man its better than 90% of sword fights.
    I don't mind the bow and arrow... but man it requires a lot of precision. Back in the day when I used to play FPS all the time, I had laser accuracy. I'm nowhere near that right now. The machines move around fairly quick after they spotted you, and their weak points aren't that big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What have been your hardest and most fun platinum to get people?

Hardest: Dead Space and God of War 1 and 3.
    Most fun: Remember Me and Metro Last Light

Those ing GOW challenges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mind the bow and arrow... but man it requires a lot of precision. Back in the day when I used to play FPS all the time, I had laser accuracy. I'm nowhere near that right now. The machines move around fairly quick after they spotted you, and their weak points aren't that big.
    Play on normal. I played HZD on normal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play on normal. I played HZD on normal
    if anything i'd knock it down to hard. i only learned after the fact that "ultra hard" difficulty was only introduced when they released NG+. as i typically play 1 below the hardest difficulty, i guess i can consider "very hard" to be the "hardest" difficulty for a regular initial playthrough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if anything i'd knock it down to hard. i only learned after the fact that "ultra hard" difficulty was only introduced when they released NG+. as i typically play 1 below the hardest difficulty, i guess i can consider "very hard" to be the "hardest" difficulty for a regular initial playthrough

Yeah. The hardest difficulty takes a lot of cheesing, normal or hard is where its at.

Trust me the combat is amazing in HZD. So much so people were asking for Arenas..for a bow and arrow game..arenas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why play on hard when your aim is just to play and have fun?

I only dab with higher difficulties in games that absolutely requires it or when I'm going for specific goals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I only dab with higher difficulties in games that absolutely requires it or when I'm going for specific goals.
    It’s typically no fun if your character is some unstoppable juggernaut with no concern of failing if you play recklessly. Harder difficulties tend to force you to familiarize yourself with the full arsenal of abilities. On easier you can plow through the game with a select set of go to moves.

its like playing a Pokémon game and just sweeping everybody with your starter cause he’s just so overleveled.

i usually avoid extreme difficulty settings until a second playthrough
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-09-2019 at 04:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hard is fine. I think spurs was playing with the NG+ difficutly. Iirc they added a new difficutly into the game.

I cant remeber though its been a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s typically no fun if your character is some unstoppable juggernaut with no concern of failing if you play recklessly. Harder difficulties tend to force you to familiarize yourself with the full arsenal of abilities. On easier you can plow through the game with a select set of go to moves.

its like playing a Pokémon game and just sweeping everybody with your starter cause he’s just so overleveled.

i usually avoid extreme difficulty settings until a second playthrough
    I didn't say play on easy either. lol

Normal on most games gives you quite a nice and balanced challenge. I quite like the games that remove difficulties altogether and just have one standarized difficulty mode for everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say play on easy either. lol

Normal on most games gives you quite a nice and balanced challenge. I quite like the games that remove difficulties altogether and just have one standarized difficulty mode for everyone.
    Play sekiro then but the standard diffuclty is

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play sekiro then but the standard diffuclty is
    I'm reading too many horror stories about this game difficulty so I'm going to wait a while. I dont mind playing a hard ass game but there has to be a substantial payoff other than beating said boss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard is fine. I think spurs was playing with the NG+ difficutly. Iirc they added a new difficutly into the game.

I cant remeber though its been a while.
    they have easy, normal, hard, very hard, ultra hard

ultra hard was the NG+ difficulty they released later. i'm currently playing very hard (i typically just choose the one below the hardest). i'm probably sticking with it. it just feels like the arrows do for damage, which makes sense against mechanical beasts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm reading too many horror stories about this game difficulty so I'm going to wait a while. I dont mind playing a hard ass game but there has to be a substantial payoff other than beating said boss.
    like what a ing blowjob? its a game. the payoff is winning. the more challenging it was, the more rewarding it feels. that doesnt mean it necessarily makes sense to always play the highest difficulty in a game off the bat. play it once at a level that feels challenging but fair, and as you learn the game better, ramp the difficulty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ultra hard was the NG+ difficulty they released later. i'm currently playing very hard (i typically just choose the one below the hardest). i'm probably sticking with it. it just feels like the arrows do for damage, which makes sense against mechanical beasts.
    Oh. I must have played hard. Hard is the difficutly below the hardedst difficulty. If i recall i tried playing very hard and it wasnt as fun. Just play hard. Thats lrobably the difficulty below the hardest difficulty. Its up to you though. I only tried very hard for few hrs. Cant remeber.

Theres a few annoying enemies midway that i think is best enjoyed in hard difficutly instead of very hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like what a ing blowjob? its a game. the payoff is winning. the more challenging it was, the more rewarding it feels. that doesnt mean it necessarily makes sense to always play the highest difficulty in a game off the bat. play it once at a level that feels challenging but fair, and as you learn the game better, ramp the difficulty.
    As an significant unlockables and valuable items.

I'll use the Metal Gear Solid games for instance. You beat it doing specific stuff, you get rewarded handsomely with items you can use in a second playthrough---or third. Stealth camo, better guns, etc. Stuff like that.

I'm all about the perks and goodies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an significant unlockables and valuable items.

I'll use the Metal Gear Solid games for instance. You beat it doing specific stuff, you get rewarded handsomely with items you can use in a second playthrough---or third. Stealth camo, better guns, etc. Stuff like that.

I'm all about the perks and goodies.
    improvement of your gameplay will trump any item/perk tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What have been your hardest and most fun platinum to get people?

Hardest: Dead Space and God of War 1 and 3.
    Most fun: Remember Me and Metro Last Light

Those ing GOW challenges.
    Persona 4 Golden was the hardest. Got stuck on 98% completion thanks to the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy because I didn't want to spend an entire 100+ hour playthrough just to farm for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here apalisoc_9. Hope this pans out, as I ing loved Ratchet & Clank 2016.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04...aystation-new/

More 'Ratchet and Clank' Reportedly Coming to PS4
    By TYLER FISCHER - April 8, 2019 02:54 am

In 11 years, across the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3, Sony Interactive Entertainment released 13 different Ratchet and Clank products, many of which were fully-fledged new releases. Since 2013, it's released one Ratchet and Clank game: a remake of the original on PlayStation 4 in 2016. This means we've only received one Ratchet and Clank game this generation, which is crazy when you step back and look at how many les starring the Lombax and his robot sidekick were released the last two generations. That said, it looks like we may actually get more of the duo before the PS4 rides off into the sunset and is replaced by the PS5.

During a recent episode of the Knockback podcast, former IGN editor and Kinda Funny co-founder Colin Moriarty, talked about Ratchet and Clank, saying, "You haven't seen the last of Ratchet and Clank on PS4." Now, this doesn't seem to be speculation from Moriarty, but rather a cryptic tease of sorts. How would Moriarty have such a scoop you ask? Well, during his time at IGN Moriarty led the site's PlayStation division, and in the process, ac ulated numerous sources within Sony Interactive Entertainment, its first-party studios, and the studios it works with, like Insomniac Games, makers of Ratchet and Clank. In other words, Moriarty has his sources. Further, he's never been one to carelessly add to the rumor mill or tease something he's not 100 percent positive on.

What's also interesting is that Moriarty has teased in the past that there's a fairly substantial PlayStation 4 exclusive in the works from a second-party studio that hasn't been announced yet. Could this be a new Ratchet and Clank? I don't know, but it fits the bill.

Of course, like any report or tease, this should still be taken with a grain of salt. Moriarty may know something we don't, but until we hear official word from Sony itself, I wouldn't advise going the bookies on any of this.

Anyway, as always, feel free to leave a comment letting us know what you think or hit me up on Twitter @Tyler_Fischer_ and let me know there. Would you like to see a new Ratchet and Clank on PS4?

Thanks, Gaming Bolt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here apalisoc_9. Hope this pans out, as I ing loved Ratchet & Clank 2016.
    Probably a remake.

No way they're not working on spiderman

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree with apa here. I dont think any more big time game developers are working on big triple a games for the PS4, certainly not from ground up which Rachet and Clank would have to be. It's PS5 bound.

Also this particular line here:
    a fairly substantial PlayStation 4 exclusive in the works from a second-party studio that hasn't been announced yet.
    Second tier studio equals garbage in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only overly hard if you're a button mashing noob that doesn't try to learn the mechanics of combat and strategies to beat certain opponents more effectively. That's why I enjoy sekiro, because it actually forces you to learn and is challenging but not unfair (most of the time). I honestly felt like Dark Souls 3 was more difficult thus far. I read those reviews too and it gave me pause but I went with my gut and got it anyway. But I am also someone who enjoys difficult games generally and usually increase difficulty to hard on my first attempt of anything.

But I get it. Crushing difficulty is not for everyone. Like I said those people who say it's too hard are not actually trying to learn how to play. They think it's FromSoftware so you just dodge constantly but it's not as simple as that so people complain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very hard is what I played it on when they released ultra hard though I tried it and that is definitely hard as . Fighting those mech bears on ultra hard is quite a challenge

Thread Information