Page 132 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 9386
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, horizon is huge.
    baseline bum i cant fathom how you could possibly have put more hours into god of war than this game. especially on just one playthrough. i feel like i cant walk 5 steps without finding a new side mission or a new ruin/bunker to explore.

encountered the first tallneck... really cool how they turned the generic "tower to unveil map" mechanic into something thats actually fun
    It probably comes down to death/retries ratio. God of War is a much harder game from what I can gather.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genichiro is ing my up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably comes down to death/retries ratio. God of War is a much harder game from what I can gather.
    oh definitely. i'm playing horizon on very hard and have only died about 4 times to this point... not that i'm very far in. but in god of war i probably died at least that many times on the first encounter alone on challenge difficulty

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, horizon is huge.
    baseline bum i cant fathom how you could possibly have put more hours into god of war than this game. especially on just one playthrough. i feel like i cant walk 5 steps without finding a new side mission or a new ruin/bunker to explore.

encountered the first tallneck... really cool how they turned the generic "tower to unveil map" mechanic into something thats actually fun
    I wonder if time the system is in rest mode with the game open counted towards that time. It didn't feel like I spent 100 hours in the game. Maybe that's what it was? I forgot to consider that; it definitely happens when I play PSP games on my Vita and suspend the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sekiro officially surpassed GOW combat for me.

What a masterpiece of a combat system.
    definitely look forward to picking this up eventually. i know there will be DLC so ill just wait for a complete/goty edition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genichiro is ing my up
    Realx. Took me a couple days and maybe 20-25 tries

I realized i fought him underleveled though .

Maybe fight some mini boses first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn the Persona series kills me. This logo for the takoyaki stand in Persona 3 with the pissed off octopus with a gun and a martini

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the armor I was telling you about @spurraider21

I think I'm going for the build. I have most of what I need anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the armor I was telling you about @spurraider21

I think I'm going for the build. I have most of what I need anyways.
    yeah i know of it. you get the zues armor set by beating valkyries on NG+... which means if you really want to use them for meaningful amounts of time, you'd want to make a second NG+ playthrough

zeus armor also means you take absurd amounts of damage so it requires you to be aggressive and great at dodging/parrying

it also makes muspelheim challenges more feasible when you're up against the clock and need to kill x amount of enemies. i always hated the challenge of killing enemies within the gold circles. that was stupid. when the rings were pressed up against a wall, it was easy. but they always put that one in the middle of the area near the caves... i hated it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zeus armor also means you take absurd amounts of damage so it requires you to be aggressive and great at dodging/parrying
    Doesn't sound worth it for fighting Sigrun then since you have to be really defensive and do your damage with runic attacks. Or does Sigrun hit hard enough on GMGOW on NG++ that it wouldn't matter anyways?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't sound worth it for fighting Sigrun then since you have to be really defensive and do your damage with runic attacks. Or does Sigrun hit hard enough on GMGOW on NG++ that it wouldn't matter anyways?
    im not even sure theres an NG++ distinction. as far as im aware it caps at NG+. i could be wrong. but even on NG+ (gmgow) yeah sigrun does basically hit hard enough where it doesnt matter too much. usually she's basically a 2 shot. her big spinning aoe attack one shots. often times the quick unblockable stab has one shotted me too. valhalla stomp thing does like 70-80% damage. but from videos ive seen you can do just silly amounts of damage with that armor so its probably worth

and you get the last piece of the armor from beating NG+ sigrun, too. it's really poorly placed tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Divine confetti

Only thing thats stopping sekiro from a 10/10 score for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I did that and ended up in the dungeon against Shichimen Warrior. Now THAT guy is ing my up That terror is so cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did that and ended up in the dungeon against Shichimen Warrior. Now THAT guy is ing my up That terror is so cheap.
    See post above.

You need to equip yourself with a pacifying agent to combat terror and divine confeeti makes those fights so much easier but they're very rare. Fromsoftware expexts us to beat them in 3-4 tries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Finally beat Genichiro. (and beat Lady Butterfly before this)

I got to the point that I fought him so much that I could deflect almost everything and do a Mikiri counter that ed his Posture enough that made the fight go by fast.

So yeah, I also beat him on my second day. 20-25 tries seems about right.
    Last edited by NASpurs; 04-12-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally beat him.

I got to the point that I fought him so much that I could deflect almost everything and do a Mikiri counter that ed his Posture enough that made the fight go by fast.

I think that's the ticket with games such as these.

I fought the Valkyrie queen in God of War so much that I knew what was coming, when and picked up on all her tells. When I beat her I only tok about 50% of damage which by her standards is like 2 hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's the ticket with games such as these.

I fought the Valkyrie queen in God of War so much that I knew what was coming, when and picked up on all her tells. When I beat her I only tok about 50% of damage which by her standards is like 2 hits.
    Yeah you try so many times you feel like a speed runner that knows a game inside and out. This mother er gave me a few days ago and when I finally beat him, it felt anticlimatic because it was so easy (only because I reached the point that I learned his moveset). it's all good though, it was really fun and never felt unfair. I always felt like I could do it if I tried enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally beat Genichiro. (and beat Lady Butterfly before this)

Nice. Lady butterfly was one of the easier boses. Im surprised so many are struggling.

My su ion is that most players insyinctivley try to dodge.

Worse thing you can do in this game is turn it into BB or Dark souls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Lady butterfly was one of the easier boses. Im surprised so many are struggling.

My su ion is that most players insyinctivley try to dodge.

Worse thing you can do in this game is turn it into BB or Dark souls
    Yeah her first form is easy but it's all the magic and the bull that comes with the second form that gets people (I imagine, it's what happened to me).

On her second form, you can either 1) be relentless on her and get a posture break while avoiding most of the magic and apparitions bull or 2) lock off on her when she starts calling the apparitions and just run around while avoiding them. Eventually after a minute she turns them into magical homing missiles but they're easily avoidable.

Yeah and I guess you're supposed to use snap seeds to make them go away but #2 is what worked for me. I never really used the snap seeds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Guardian Ape is such a great fight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Guardian Ape is such a great fight
    Just wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I know what you're laughing at that is crazy. Don't want to spoil it. I was like "wtf".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I know what you're laughing at that is crazy. Don't want to spoil it. I was like "wtf".
    I have a feeling you're talking about phases...

Dont want to spoil things for you but you'll get caught off guard soon enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just checked. I still have about 6 boses to fight.

Ive played over 60 hrs and need to play NG+ for platinum. This is going to take a while

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just checked. I still have about 6 boses to fight.

Ive played over 60 hrs and need to play NG+ for platinum. This is going to take a while
    The way you made it sound earlier, it was like one hit kills.

This game requires precision, patience and skill. Not just wait to parry like you were saying.

BTW, game is in my download queue.

Probaby will give it a one-night marathon treatment right after I watch the GOT premiere.

Thread Information