Page 136 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you'd be better off playing at Boys Town.
    I...dont know what that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Level 35 and only reached meridian? Da are you doing? You're so overpowered now
    i dno about overpowered. leveling up doesnt increase the damage you do. it only gives you skill points and a marginal HP boost. i dont see how skill points make you OP either. silent sprinting is nice, for instance, but does it really break the game during battles? nah

i really dont feel like i've gone overboard with side content either ... often times in games i'll exhaust all side content currently available before moving on with the main quest, until more side stuff becomes available, and rinse repeat. i always found it to be stupid to complete the game, have the story wrap up, and then still do side missions after the fact. i like the conclusion of the story also being the conclusion of the game. stronger effect. but right now i still have what seems like 10-15 side quests and errands in my queue that i haven't gotten to.

as far as what i've done? aside from a healthy amount of side quests, i did all the corrupted zones in the starting area, i've done 3 of the 4 cauldrons, i got blazing suns on all the hunting trials, ive accessed all but one tallneck (not including the Frozen Wilds area... i'm leaving that for a bit later). i also generally kill that i encounter along the way

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I...dont know what that is.
    Ask your mother

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never much been into games tbh. I really only bought a PS3 to play Red Dead 1 and a PS4 to play RDR2.
    You picked some massive games in size and scope to try to get into. Any one of those can be overwhelming even to people who are into video games. I think Witcher 3 took me like a year to finish (split up here and there). RDR2 took two or three months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She got deported. Now what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - So they nerfed an early boss in sekiro.
    - Added effectivness of items

We finally gotbthe easy mode we deserve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She got deported. Now what?
    Breh play yakuza 0, last of us etc.

These games take less than 15 hrs to complete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're looking for games that are easy to get into i would definitely second TLOU. some games are just more intimidating because they throw a lot at you, and the game requires so much time to get through.

i would also suggest spider man as a fun one that doesnt take too much time despite being an "open world"

god of war is easy to get into, and while having a solid length for a linear-ish game, is not overwhelming.

uncharted games are also fun and easy to get into. tomb raider games also look fun and are reviewed pretty well. besides tomb raider series, these are all ps4 exclusives, so they're up RD's alley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breh play yakuza 0, last of us etc.

These games take less than 15 hrs to complete.
    I keep hearing how the Yakuza series is the spiritual succesor to Shenmue. I want to get invested in these games but then I see gameplay of it and get turned off. The graphics look like dog .

But that's the least of my issues with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep hearing how the Yakuza series is the spiritual succesor to Shenmue. I want to get invested in these games but then I see gameplay of it and get turned off. The graphics look like dog .

Yeah lots of mechanics in yakuza feels outdated. I only liked yakuza 0 cause of story. Never played the other games because most peeps unanimously agree 0 story is a tier above all the yakuza games.

To me yakuza 0 was an addicting netflix show

Gameplay was secondary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah lots of mechanics in yakuza feels outdated. I only liked yakuza 0 cause of story. Never played the other games because most peeps unanimously agree 0 story is a tier above all the yakuza games.

Gameplay was secondary
    thats disappointing. not to jump on mid's "movie-game" stuff, but good gameplay is a must. story should serve to enhance the gameplay (TLOU does this well), not replace it, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats disappointing. not to jump on mid's "movie-game" stuff, but good gameplay is a must. story should serve to enhance the gameplay (TLOU does this well), not replace it, imo
    I mean its why i gave it an 8/10, otherwise its a close 10/10.

Baselinebum would disageee though. He thought the sidequest were great. I wasnt intp the sidequest and activities tbh. Maybe Yakuza overall is a better game than i give it credit for.

Angryjoe thinks the gameplay is actually fun.

I mean it was ok imo, but it definitely feels secondary to the story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's button mashing combat and the sidequests are hilarious, especially when you give the wrong answers to everything. Not GOTY material by any means. If God of War or Bloodborne is like a perfectly cooked medium rare ribeye Yakuza 0 would be like a double double combo. Quick and satisfying. I'd probably rate it about 8/10 too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gameplay was secondary
    Kiwami 1 isn't nearly as good as 0 when it comes to sidequests but if you liked the story of 0 then Kiwami 1 ties up a lot of story about Nishki, Kazama, Kiryu, and Majima. I didn't think Kiwami 2 was as good storywise as 0 and Kiwami 1 but it did continue storylines of Makimura as well as that bully kid Ryuji you beat the out of in 0 and is still worth playing if you care about the story in the series. Plus it has funny side missions. One of them there is some slightly overweight guy with the same white suit and hairstyle extorting people and claiming he's Kazuma Kiryu so everyone is scared, so it's pretty funny beating the out of him and telling him you're Kiryu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami 1 are late gen PS3 games which got 60 fps ports to PS4 with the western release. It's like saying Shenmue sucks because of the graphics. You're missing out if you're a graphics because lots of the big AAA games with huge graphics budgets have been bland as this gen.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    ing PvP + zombies, pretty addicting online play in World War Z. one of the more fun multiplayer experiences i've had in awhile tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you're looking for games that are easy to get into i would definitely second TLOU. some games are just more intimidating because they throw a lot at you, and the game requires so much time to get through.
    y
    I'm in agreement with TLOU as a suggestion. It's not a big time commitment at all. Weapons and supplies are pretty restricted, so the game doesn't have a lot of complexity to it. It should be easy to get into.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I dont know why baseline bum became disillusioned with Days Gone. I'm actually pretty hyped about it.

I might be able to get my hands on a copy tomorrow. I supposed I'll be the guinea pig for this one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck let us know how it goes. I think it looks potentially pretty amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I dont know why baseline bum became disillusioned with Days Gone. I'm actually pretty hyped about it.

I might be able to get my hands on a copy tomorrow. I supposed I'll be the guinea pig for this one.
    Did you play it yet? I pre-ordered the collectors edition tbh. Hope it wasn't a waste

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you play it yet? I pre-ordered the collectors edition tbh. Hope it wasn't a waste
    Nah. They said they didn't get it today. Try again tomorrow, they said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Jim Sterling's review calls Days Gone a bike babysitting simulator.

Metacritic is 72 for it, about what I was expecting sadly.

What a waste, this looked like a 90 game when first shown off at E3 2016. I was more excited about it than even Horizon Zero Dawn at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Jim Sterling's review calls Days Gone a bike babysitting simulator.

Metacritic is 72 for it, about what I was expecting sadly.

What a waste, this looked like a 90 game when first shown off at E3 2016. I was more excited about it than even Horizon Zero Dawn at the time.
    90?

Scrah, I had a feeling this would be a 60 at best.

List of things that have caused games a grade of 6/10.

- Zombie hoards
    -Zombie hoards

Seriously, even the main character is so unapealing. Like zero.
    I knew the story was gonna be soon as i saw yhe regular white dude who wears his cap backwards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it looks like the story and lore is average to below average too.

A lotnm of times you can get away with awufl stuff if the story is decent.

Well at least i know i wont be spending money on this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it looks like the story and lore is average to below average too.

A lotnm of times you can get away with awufl stuff if the story is decent.

Well at least i know i wont be spending money on this
    One thing that really turns me off from this after seeing reviews is the beautiful modern lighting and graphics in the cutscenes and then the drab world as soon as you got back in-game. This was one of the few games where graphics were going to be pretty important to me since the E3 2016 preview showed everything in a pretty stunning mountainous area of Oregon. And then the real game looks like a PS2 world with higher resolution textures. Which is to be expected since the trailers after E3 2016 all looked drab like that.

Thread Information