Page 149 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You speaka da japanese?

Any difference between the two ports?
    Not that well honestly. Doing it more for practice with native material way above my level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You speaka da japanese?

Any difference between the two ports?
    Also forgot one thing way different: in Japanese Playstation games circle means yes and X is to back out like with Nintendo's control scheme while in the US X means yes and circle is back out like XBox's control scheme. It's weird to get used to using Nintendo control scheme on a Playstation tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Persona 5 in Japanese is a really good learning resource for me since it has a huge amount of kanji (even words like 貴方 = anata that are usually written in hiragana are written in kanji) and since I know the story so well I can pick up new words or new kanji from it a lot. Only problem is jotting down all this new as I play is going to make this 150 hour game into a 500 hour game.

Funny hearing the different uses of "you" in the game so far:

1. When the cops are beating the out of me they keep saying お前 = omae = "oh my" which is really disrespectful. I think it's kind of like "you (asshole)" when between adults.
    2. When Lavenza is speaking to me she uses the more polite 貴方 = anata for "you", like it's a professional relationship.
    3. When Sae Niijima the prosecutor is interviewing me she uses 君 = kimi for "you" which is kind of a friendly way to say it even though at that part of the story she is interviewing me after being arrested. Kind of weird to see her call me that.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 07-03-2019 at 09:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    500hr for persona

Cmon man...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    RE2 remake is the first game I've played since probably 2018. Fun as tbh.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2018 was a whole 0.6 years ago but yeah that was the first game I played in a long time too, since Nier Automata and Prey.

btw anyone who hasn't played Prey needs to ing play it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    500hr for persona

Cmon man...
    How fast you think you could read all that text in Japanese man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah ing incredible game. Last I played before my 970 crapped out.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah ing incredible game. Last I played before my 970 crapped out.
    Damn brah, what card are you rocking? I'm still on my 970 from the PC I built when I moved to the Bay 4 years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn brah, what card are you rocking? I'm still on my 970 from the PC I built when I moved to the Bay 4 years ago
    GeForce 8400GS

I didn't think I would buy a replacement gpu for a while with Dying Light 2 being postponed until 2020 and with Turing prices ridiculous, but I'm kind of tempted now by the new RTX 2060 Super that came out of nowhere a couple of days ago being a barely cut down RTX 2070 for $400. Then RTX 2070 Super being a cutdown RTX 2080 for $500 is decent too. I'll probably still wait since the only 2019 game I care about much on PC is Sekiro and since I'd like to wait a bit to see what kind of Navi is in Poorstation 5, as it would piss me off to have to replace my card again in a couple of years to keep up with 60 fps gaming.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    2018 was a whole 0.6 years ago but yeah that was the first game I played in a long time too, since Nier Automata and Prey.

Hey that's a long ass time brah....and that's assuming I played a game in December 2018. I actually have no idea what game I played last...my memory is failing me.

I need to play Prey and RE7 still.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing PUBG Mobile.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

is it really that good? I caught Prey on a steam sale the other day and it has great reviews. but for some reason the game has support for my xbone controller so i cant really play it til i figure out how to get around that

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    finally beat shadow of war. nice wrap up to the game. then finished DMC5 as i had played the first 17 missions before taking a break. saw far from home yesterday so i think ima go back and finish Spiderman now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started D:OS2 while back, but the first characters that joined were too redundant with my own character. I couldn't defeat anything, was going to restart but then lost interest.
    If you thought it had potential until running into the re ed early game bs with D:OS2, go play the first one. It doesn't have that re ed armor mechanic, and instead the difficulty is in choosing the correct areas of the map to explore that are appropriate for your level. D:OS2 I had to adjust the difficulty because I couldn't progress w/ ty teammates and every enemy in armor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hah, that's funny. I just started playing Yakuza 3 and they changed the name of Kazama to Fuma so I guess western players wouldn't get confused by Kazama's family name being so close to Kiryu's familiar name (eg Kazuma). What's funny is Kazama is written 風間, but so is Fuma. It's just an alternate reading of the kanji.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hah, that's funny. I just started playing Yakuza 3 and they changed the name of Kazama to Fuma so I guess western players wouldn't get confused by Kazama's family name being so close to Kiryu's familiar name (eg Kazuma). What's funny is Kazama is written 風間, but so is Fuma. It's just an alternate reading of the kanji.
    How can you juggle so many long games at once? You're already playing P5 and now you're playing another long ass game too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you juggle so many long games at once? You're already playing P5 and now you're playing another long ass game too?
    Got kind of sick of playing P5 in Japanese. I think I'm going to hold off on it a while until my language skills are better. Have been studying the jouyou kanji but only about 1200 in (there are 2200 of them).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arkham knight is really ing fun tbh

the free-flow combat does feel very simple or dumbed down after having (relatively) recently played God of War... but there's enough enemy variety to force you do approach situations differently so it keeps you on your toes enough to keep it interest (between brutes, shielded enemies, armed enemies, guys with shock batons, guys with swords, etc)

the batmobile play doesn't compare to the regular stuff, but it hasn't been quite as bad an experience as i had read about, though to be fair i did dump most of my early experience points into batmobile upgrades, to make those long battle sequences less of a chore. the open world is big, but its fun enough to grapnel/glide through it, especially when you get the grapnel upgrades. there's also a really solid amount of side content beyond the main story. its at least as good as asylum/city so far, though i havent really had boss encounters yet (unless you count some of the armored vehicles like those massive drones/choppers). the boss battles in asylum/city were quite fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arkham knight is really ing fun tbh

the free-flow combat does feel very simple or dumbed down after having (relatively) recently played God of War... but there's enough enemy variety to force you do approach situations differently so it keeps you on your toes enough to keep it interest (between brutes, shielded enemies, armed enemies, guys with shock batons, guys with swords, etc)

the batmobile play doesn't compare to the regular stuff, but it hasn't been quite as bad an experience as i had read about, though to be fair i did dump most of my early experience points into batmobile upgrades, to make those long battle sequences less of a chore. the open world is big, but its fun enough to grapnel/glide through it, especially when you get the grapnel upgrades. there's also a really solid amount of side content beyond the main story. its at least as good as asylum/city so far, though i havent really had boss encounters yet (unless you count some of the armored vehicles like those massive drones/choppers). the boss battles in asylum/city were quite fun.
    Game got a bad rep on release, but I also recall having a lot of fun with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PC version got a bad rep. This game was an instant hit.

Batmobile was the peak of the complaints iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC port got a well-deserved bad rep thanks to getting farmed out to some crap mobile games studio. Arkham Knight on PC is the entire reason Steam had to introduce refunds and the game got pulled from sale for months until Rocksteady went and did the port themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yakuza 3 is pretty cool so far. But man is it ever awful graphically being a low budget early PS3 game. Also the localization is weird since for instance everyone goes by their first name when Japanese people usually go by their family names. So it's weird seeing Majima call Kiryu by the name Kazzy (eg for Kazuma) instead of Kiryu-chan (which is what he calls him in the actual voice track and in the PS4 games). I hope Yakuza 4 & 5 have localization more in line with the PS4 games.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    is Prey supposed to be hard, or do i just suck at this game

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is Prey supposed to be hard, or do i just suck at this game
    I think it needs to be difficult to make it long enough, would be a pretty short game if you just blow through the enemies modern FPS style

Thread Information