Page 153 of 376 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    indeed, it came out a few months ago. i tried but its pretty ing boring tbh ... i skipped around to parts that were interesting
    Yeah, I guess it makes it more interesting when you're in the industry, tbh...

The "get in here" was a subtle pun though, in case it wasn't obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been playing super Mario u deluxe on the switch. It's actually pretty fun. It's like a modern version of super Mario 3 which is 2nd favorite Mario game. Still think the prices nintendo charges for these games is pretty ridiculous though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got past the blood hungry beast. that bag on the gatling gun was making life miserable. the biggest stress point in this game is really the checkpoint system. the biggest moments of relief are when i'm able to open a gate/door/lift that lets me backtrack, because then i know i'm good to go bank my blood echoes and level up without having to go through the whole level all over again.

i havent put any points into bloodtinge or arcane yet. basically just vitality/strength/endurance. not exactly sure what the difference between strength and skill are, they seem to do the same things, but i imagine for a heavier weapon like the axe strength has to mean something?

also i have no clue what insight does

the lack of save states is really stupid. i attached this in central yarnham who i was apparently not supposed to kill, now she's constantly chasing me around when i approach her and has crazy HP, so i just had to avoid her going forward

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got past the blood hungry beast. that bag on the gatling gun was making life miserable. the biggest stress point in this game is really the checkpoint system. the biggest moments of relief are when i'm able to open a gate/door/lift that lets me backtrack, because then i know i'm good to go bank my blood echoes and level up without having to go through the whole level all over again.

i havent put any points into bloodtinge or arcane yet. basically just vitality/strength/endurance. not exactly sure what the difference between strength and skill are, they seem to do the same things, but i imagine for a heavier weapon like the axe strength has to mean something?

also i have no clue what insight does

the lack of save states is really stupid. i attached this in central yarnham who i was apparently not supposed to kill, now she's constantly chasing me around when i approach her and has crazy HP, so i just had to avoid her going forward
    Hah, Eileen the Crow. She was a bas to kill at a low level when I accidentally fired a molotov in her face when I meant to press the button to talk to her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hah, Eileen the Crow. She was a bas to kill at a low level when I accidentally fired a molotov in her face when I meant to press the button to talk to her.
    i was at a point in the game where i was terrified of every character on the screen. so i tried to sneak up on her for a charged attack into visceral. didnt know there was any other way to deal with characters tbh

it didnt do , and she proceeded to destroy me. when i tried to go back she was always hostile after that. i tried to read up on wtf was happening (she was way overpowered for the area), and turns out i was supposed to talk to her, now i ed up for good. lack of save states in a game like this just seem really stupid.

fallout games have similar scenarios when you mistakenly attack an NPC... but if you dont kill them, you can at least come by at a later time/day and they've cooled down. or as long as you are creating some hard saves, you can go back and undo it if you accidentally killed them. i had a similar setup in RDR2 when i held my gun at somebody and ruined a stranger mission, but i was able to go back to a recent save.

i love bloodborne, but not a fan of making that game's difficulty based on something like that. the blood echo system has grown on me, though. going into the next room/area always feels like such a risk. i'm always asking myself if im carrying too many echoes, or if its worth backtracking to "bank" those points and level up. it creates a good amount of tension. im always begging for there to be another lantern or gate/door
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-12-2019 at 07:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was at a point in the game where i was terrified of every character on the screen. so i tried to sneak up on her for a charged attack into visceral. didnt know there was any other way to deal with characters tbh

it didnt do , and she proceeded to destroy me. when i tried to go back she was always hostile after that. i tried to read up on wtf was happening (she was way overpowered for the area), and turns out i was supposed to talk to her, now i ed up for good. lack of save states in a game like this just seem really stupid.

fallout games have similar scenarios when you mistakenly attack an NPC... but if you dont kill them, you can at least come by at a later time/day and they've cooled down. or as long as you are creating some hard saves, you can go back and undo it if you accidentally killed them. i had a similar setup in RDR2 when i held my gun at somebody and ruined a stranger mission, but i was able to go back to a recent save.

i love bloodborne, but not a fan of making that game's difficulty based on something like that. the blood echo system has grown on me, though. going into the next room/area always feels like such a risk. i'm always asking myself if im carrying too many echoes, or if its worth backtracking to "bank" those points and level up. it creates a good amount of tension. im always begging for there to be another lantern or gate/door
    Save states would take away a ton of the difficulty IMO. I kind of like that you're made to live with your decisions in the game. She was so ing hard to kill at a low level. Your parry with the pistol had to be perfect against her; if you mistime even once at a low level you're ing dead. I don't know how I managed to kill her before getting to Gascoigne.

I had another one of those encounters later in the game where I did something I didn't know I wasn't supposed to and turned this really powerful guy hostile, and the only way I could kill him was pushing him off the side of a building.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save states would take away a ton of the difficulty IMO. I kind of like that you're made to live with your decisions in the game. She was so ing hard to kill at a low level. Your parry with the pistol had to be perfect against her; if you mistime even once at a low level you're ing dead. I don't know how I managed to kill her before getting to Gascoigne.

I had another one of those encounters later in the game where I did something I didn't know I wasn't supposed to and turned this really powerful guy hostile, and the only way I could kill him was pushing him off the side of a building.
    eh, i think the difficulty should be in the combat, not obscure decision making that you have to make blindly with no information which end up sabotaging the rest of your game, potentially. its one thing if it's a dialogue/action choice you make like in a fallout le, but not something like mistaking an NPC for just another enemy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dead cells is awesome, im hooked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dead cells is awesome, im hooked
    I didn't think it was much to look at when I saw reviews, but upon playing it, yeah, it's ing legit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what are the chances I finish P5 before mid sept baseline bum?

I started then stopped it back when it released here. Not even 4 hours into it so I might actually delete the save and start anew.

I'm giving myself mid september because that's when work season heats up for me so I dont expect to have time for Netflix let along gaming during that stretch going into the holiday season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I started then stopped it back when it released here. Not even 4 hours into it so I might actually delete the save and start anew.

I'm giving myself mid september because that's when work season heats up for me so I dont expect to have time for Netflix let along gaming during that stretch going into the holiday season.
    If you play 5 hours a day maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah P5 took me like 120+ hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure I'd delete the save though and start over. Every Persona since the PS2 era has had a really slow 2-3 hour intro that is a chore to get through. After that the game gets amazing though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sega Genesis Mini looks pretty ing killer now that it's in reviewers' hands.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you play 5 hours a day maybe.
    I was thinking more 2-3 hours. lol

Mostly night sessions. Had to put down the Wolfenstein games for now. They (specially the expansion pack) are frustrating me to with their endless wave of spawning enemies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking more 2-3 hours. lol

Mostly night sessions. Had to put down the Wolfenstein games for now. They (specially the expansion pack) are frustrating me to with their endless wave of spawning enemies.
    110 hrs minimum.3 months id say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, i think the difficulty should be in the combat, not obscure decision making that you have to make blindly with no information which end up sabotaging the rest of your game, potentially. its one thing if it's a dialogue/action choice you make like in a fallout le, but not something like mistaking an NPC for just another enemy
    sekiro!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like I will be platting this game when I get to it.

It seems like a game when you get the handle of it, it's a piece of cake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im pretty sure its a game i'll eventually pick up tbh, dont worry. probably not anytime soon. im still pretty early into bloodborne. still have to play witcher 3, skyrim, the bioshock collection, fallout 4, dying light, metal gear solid V, just cause 3

i dont think im in any rush ... also want to eventually get my hands on the dark souls collection

knowing From Software they will likely release a sekiro expansion, and there will eventually be a complete edition. i'll wait at least for that, and when its on sale. i picked up complete editions of witcher and bloodborne for like $15 apiece or so. dont see why i'd drop 30+ on sekiro before DLC
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-14-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im pretty sure its a game i'll eventually pick up tbh, dont worry. probably not anytime soon. im still pretty early into bloodborne. still have to play witcher 3, skyrim, the bioshock collection, fallout 4, dying light, metal gear solid V, just cause 3

i dont think im in any rush ... also want to eventually get my hands on the dark souls collection
    Holy . That's easily 300+ hours between those games not counting the DLCs.

I think you'll have forgotten all about Sekiro by the time you're done with those other games. Not to mention the heavy hitters coming up by the end of the year and into next such as Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Final Fantasy 7, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . That's easily 300+ hours between those games not counting the DLCs.

I think you'll have forgotten all about Sekiro by the time you're done with those other games. Not to mention the heavy hitters coming up by the end of the year and into next such as Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Final Fantasy 7, etc.
    yeah, i basically missed out on the current gen of games for a few years because i refused to buy games (let alone a new console) during my time in law school. before buying my ps4 this past november, the last time i had bought a game was GTA V on the ps3 back in 2013

so yeah i have a ton of catch up to do. in addition to all those, still want to get through uncharted 4, the tomb raider trilogy, shadow of colossus (never even played the original), nier automata, AC odyssey, blade. possibly infamous second son if i get it dirt cheap (my understanding is its not as good as 1 or 2)

but now that i've moved across the country away from fam/friends, am currently working from home, and wifey just started med school, i have a ton of free time to game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to Kojima's Death Stranding also Cyberpunk 2077 looks great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <b><a href="https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=131" target="_blank">baseline bum</a></b> <b><a href="https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11260" target="_blank">apalisoc_9</a></b>

Can't miss game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goat.

yakuza 0 was amazing. wish i could experience it again

Thread Information