Page 173 of 376 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good god Nier Automata is frustrating ... are there no checkpoints?

playing on hard difficulty. Everything goes fine and then random swarm ambushes and i start from very beginning
    I played hard. The first few hours in nier sucks for hard mode. Enemies feel spongy. I suggest going down to normal. One of the best games of the generation

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how Lord Trump's tariffs will impact prices? And I don't see Navi being anything special. Moore's Law has pretty much flatlined. We don't have the same kind of performance leaps from gen-to-gen anymore.
    Looks like you were right to be skeptical of Navi. I hoped going to 7nm would give them a huge edge vs Nvidia, but they're pretty similar on performance to power consumption with Nvidia's 12nm cards. Even worse, they're pretty similar on price. 5700 XT is probably the best card for the money out there right now, but it's a Polaris replacement at almost twice the cost three years later (eg $400 for 5700 XT vs RX 480 8GB at $230). Reason I call it a Polaris replacement is because the die sizes are pretty similar. What a horse generation to be buying a gpu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard difficulty sucks on NieR Automata. Nothing like God of War where it feels like it really balances combat and makes the game a lot more fun, hard just turns everything into a bullet sponge and makes you die easily. Honestly, play that on regular. Also the intro sequence has no checkpoint until you beat the first boss if I remember right.
    I played hard. The first few hours in nier sucks for hard mode. Enemies feel spongy. I suggest going down to normal. One of the best games of the generation
    i ended up going to bed without advancing. i would beat the first big dude with the whirling saw, progress some more, and then just die pretty quickly to some swarm.

theres easy/normal/hard/very hard... usually in games with those settings i'll just choose the hard difficulty. the long journey to the first checkpoint is a pretty frustrating game design, bloodborne was the same way. i mean at least dont make me keep replaying the first sequence as the ship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i ended up going to bed without advancing. i would beat the first big dude with the whirling saw, progress some more, and then just die pretty quickly to some swarm.

theres easy/normal/hard/very hard... usually in games with those settings i'll just choose the hard difficulty. the long journey to the first checkpoint is a pretty frustrating game design, bloodborne was the same way. i mean at least dont make me keep replaying the first sequence as the ship
    Not only is the hard setting bad because it makes all enemies into bullet sponges while making you into into a weakling, it also has a Bloodborne like death system but much worse. Instead of just losing your currency (eg blood echoes) that you have to pick up off your body, you lose all your upgrades until you pick up the body. And if you die without picking up the body they're gone forever. It's going to make the game super frustrating I think if you play it on hard, especially if you craft really nice upgrade chips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only is the hard setting bad because it makes all enemies into bullet sponges while making you into into a weakling, it also has a Bloodborne like death system but much worse. Instead of just losing your currency (eg blood echoes) that you have to pick up off your body, you lose all your upgrades until you pick up the body. And if you die without picking up the body they're gone forever. It's going to make the game super frustrating I think if you play it on hard, especially if you craft really nice upgrade chips.
    yeah... i really like how the game mixes all the genres, the switching camera angles from birds eye to side scrolling is really interesting tbh... but if theres going to be that much of an emphasis on the side scrolling shootem-up stuff, i have no interest in killing myself by ramping the difficulty to that extreme.

right now it just feels like im playing metal slug at an arcade with only 1 quarter ... ill bring it down to normal but i dont want the game to just be be breeze with no stakes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... i really like how the game mixes all the genres, the switching camera angles from birds eye to side scrolling is really interesting tbh... but if theres going to be that much of an emphasis on the side scrolling shootem-up stuff, i have no interest in killing myself by ramping the difficulty to that extreme.

right now it just feels like im playing metal slug at an arcade with only 1 quarter ... ill bring it down to normal but i dont want the game to just be be breeze with no stakes
    Without going too much into spoilers, I'll just say the space shooter like sections are a pretty significant part of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's never a good idea to play on a hard difficulty on a japansse made game for the first time not knowing what is waiting for you. Japanese games are generally hard as so I test the waters on normal always.

Asura's Wrath, Ninja Gaiden, Strider, Dark Souls etc are no joke in the difficulty department.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like there will be a big PSN sale coming Friday. Hope it's good since I have some money just sitting in the account after buying the Yakuza 3-5 remasters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    un led goose game is available on the PS store as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    un led goose game is available on the PS store as well
    But it's free on CFW Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it's free on CFW Switch.
    i dont have a switch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont have a switch
    Bend over. I'll give you a switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like there will be a big PSN sale coming Friday. Hope it's good since I have some money just sitting in the account after buying the Yakuza 3-5 remasters.
    might get mw

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since the new processor came with 3 months Xbox game pass, I figured I'd give Metro Exodus a try.
    It's definitely my type of game, I already knew I wouldn't hate it from the intro song, but...
    everything about it seemed like the beginning, and I never got to the main event, let alone the end. but all of a sudden it was over

and you never get any closure on any of your good moral choices, ing game would have been even shorter if I wasn't trying to be the good guy. but in the end, nothing I did even warranted a paragraph explaining the outcome. I'm still not even sure if I saved any slaves on that ship, maybe I screwed that mission up, how am I supposed to know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally got access to fast travel in Nier Automata... side quests were just running simulator.

Also there’s no reason you should be able to access side content with level 50 machines at such early stages. Just becomes 20+ minutes of brain dead chipping away of their health

Very fun game. I think it’s on horizon level. Better and worse in some areas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I decided to snag RDR2 on PC since I was able to get it for 37 bucks. I gotta say I was hesitant since I've seen so many negative reviews due to crashes and bugs and frame rate instability but I haven't had any issues at all yet. Looks glorious on ultra settings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I decided to snag RDR2 on PC since I was able to get it for 37 bucks. I gotta say I was hesitant since I've seen so many negative reviews due to crashes and bugs and frame rate instability but I haven't had any issues at all yet. Looks glorious on ultra settings
    What cpu / gpu are you running? And ultra settings? Don't those just wreck even high-end cards like RTX 2070 Super even at 1080p? First benchmarks I saw said you needed RX 5700 to run 1080p60 on high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What cpu / gpu are you running? And ultra settings? Don't those just wreck even high-end cards like RTX 2070 Super even at 1080p? First benchmarks I saw said you needed RX 5700 to run 1080p60 on high.
    I'm running a Nvidia gtx 1070 16gb ram i7-7700k processor. I was surprised. I've only played for like 3 hours thus far but so far I've cranked most of the settings all the way up and am running the game pretty smoothly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm running a Nvidia gtx 1070 16gb ram i7-7700k processor. I was surprised. I've only played for like 3 hours thus far but so far I've cranked most of the settings all the way up and am running the game pretty smoothly
    I wonder if they did like PS4 and silently released a graphics downgrade patch to improve performance? Because the 1070 is ing eaten alive at 1080p ultra in this benchmark Gamegpu.ru did near launch.

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-t...2-test-gpu-cpu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should probably clarify that I didn't mess with most of the advanced graphics settings so yeah not every single setting is as high as it could be because there's so many i feel don't add much quality but are fairly taxing on the gpu. But I have like 90% of the settings at max and it's been running great for me.

Just for fun I put every setting I could to it's highest setting and yeah framerate is not stable at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally got access to fast travel in Nier Automata... side quests were just running simulator.

Also there’s no reason you should be able to access side content with level 50 machines at such early stages. Just becomes 20+ minutes of brain dead chipping away of their health

Very fun game. I think it’s on horizon level. Better and worse in some areas
    yup. Id give horizon slight edge because i thimk aloy is a strong charactrr

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    RDR2 is probably the best game i've played since...maybe nier? idk, but this game is pretty ing good. wish i had played it sooner but glad i decided to play in on PC vs console.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RDR2 is probably the best game i've played since...maybe nier? idk, but this game is pretty ing good. wish i had played it sooner but glad i decided to play in on PC vs console.
    One of the greatest stories and playable characters of any game out there. And the fact that the world is so beautiful and immersive make it a huge time sink (in a good way). At the same time I couldn't wait, and didn't want to advance the main plot.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If hacked Switch wasn't so good for running emulators I'd be tempted to get one. Hopefully the next XBox is more like that one targeted at hardcore gamers vs XBox One trying to be the Wii seven years too late.

Thread Information