Page 182 of 376 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 9386
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I had like 120 hours in God of War, 35 hours in Yakuza 3, and my third place was one hour on NieR Automata (played the intro in Japanese then realized I could barely understand anything, much less than Persona 5 in Japanese). Did most of my gaming on Switch last year. 2020 though gonna be mostly PS4 and PS5 other than Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Switch. Probably have at least 70-80 hours on Yakuza 3 this year.
    Yeah between God of War and P5 I easily played over 150 hours roughly. P5 actualy took me 115 hours. I sunk a lot of time in the mememtos. Would've been nice to have that stat sent to me. s

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2600k @4500, 1060 3gb, 1080p

As I mentioned in the build thread, it's just begun to show some difficulty running games at Max(ish) settings in the last year or so, but I could mostly get away with high settings with only minor performance problems. Fallen order is the first game I really had to start dialing everything down, to the point of leaving everything at minimum (except res.) and still having performance problems. Clearly it's a more cpu dependent game than what has mostly come out in the last 9 years

I had already been eying the ryzens, this game isn't going to make me run out and upgrade but it is a sign the time has come
    Crazy how long the i7-2600k lasted. From 2011-2019 it was a really good gaming cpu. Shadow of the Tomb Raider had a couple of parts that could really rape framerate on a cpu that old, but for the most part even in 2019 that thing was ing solid if you were targeting 60 fps. Hard to think of another gaming cpu as good for as long and also as good of a value. I guess if you bought one of those Kentsfield quadcores in late 2006 you were probably good until 2014 or so, but those were like $850 chips at launch.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-03-2020 at 10:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah between God of War and P5 I easily played over 150 hours roughly. P5 actualy took me 115 hours. I sunk a lot of time in the mememtos. Would've been nice to have that stat sent to me. s
    Might check your spam folder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how long the i7-2600k lasted. From 2011-2019 it was a really good gaming cpu. Shadow of the Tomb Raider had a couple of parts that could really rape framerate on a cpu that old, but for the most part even in 2019 that thing was ing solid if you were targeting 60 fps. Hard to think of another gaming cpu as good for as long and also as good of a value. I guess if you bought one of those Kentsfield quadcores in late 2006 you were probably good until 2014 or so, but those were like $850 chips at launch.
    You made me check, it cost me 315 in Nov 2011

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made a little time to get fallen order working better... Drivers didn't make much difference, started reading about people with systems much better than mine experiencing problems, apparently the game also eats up ram and practically requires a SSD (I have 8gb and no SSD), until I came across a cpu limiter to keep cores at 96%- now almost all stuttering is gone...

I know my system is technically under minimum spec but damn that's some sloppy coding, especially if people with 1080 tis have to do this !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made a little time to get fallen order working better... Drivers didn't make much difference, started reading about people with systems much better than mine experiencing problems, apparently the game also eats up ram and practically requires a SSD (I have 8gb and no SSD), until I came across a cpu limiter to keep cores at 96%- now almost all stuttering is gone...

I know my system is technically under minimum spec but damn that's some sloppy coding, especially if people with 1080 tis have to do this !!
    Huh? Minimum spec is a Faildozer FX-6100 and 8GB RAM with an HD 7750 and your crushes those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just ran Breath of the Wild on CEMU and I'm amazed how good this emulator is. The game is just gorgeous and it runs at 60 fps. Playing this game on the computer is so nuts to me right now.

Never really been a Zelda fan but I'll give this a shot since everyone seems to like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just ran Breath of the Wild on CEMU and I'm amazed how good this emulator is. The game is just gorgeous and it runs at 60 fps. Playing this game on the computer is so nuts to me right now.

Never really been a Zelda fan but I'll give this a shot since everyone seems to like it.
    One thing you're going to have to get setup though is motion controls, as they're needed in a few shrines. You can fake it with a mouse but it makes some puzzles very hard to complete. At least it did back when I played it on Cemu. I forgot the plugin I used, but it allowed me to run a wired DualShock3 which I only plugged into my PC for these specific motion controlled puzzles (I just played with a 360 controller the rest of the time). Otherwise, I hate the motion control for shooting arrows for instance, both on Cemu and on an actual Switch, so I turn them off for both. But the game should be fully playable on Cemu. I played about 200 hours of it and beat it back in mid 2018, though that was when the optimization was only good enough to play at 30 fps on my system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just grabbed Rage 2...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing you're going to have to get setup though is motion controls, as they're needed in a few shrines. You can fake it with a mouse but it makes some puzzles very hard to complete. At least it did back when I played it on Cemu. I forgot the plugin I used, but it allowed me to run a wired DualShock3 which I only plugged into my PC for these specific motion controlled puzzles (I just played with a 360 controller the rest of the time). Otherwise, I hate the motion control for shooting arrows for instance, both on Cemu and on an actual Switch, so I turn them off for both. But the game should be fully playable on Cemu. I played about 200 hours of it and beat it back in mid 2018, though that was when the optimization was only good enough to play at 30 fps on my system.
    Yeah I use a DS3 as my game pad so thanks for the heads up concerning those puzzles. Had totally forgot it had motion control abilities, it’s been a while (10 years?) since I’ve used it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just grabbed Rage 2...
    Bend over, I'll give you Rage 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just grabbed Rage 2...
    I thought it was a very mediocre game. It really doesn’t do one thing or another well. It’s like it grabbed bits and pieces from other games, was put in a blender and a ooze of mediocre just poured out. I hope you have more fun than I did. I bailed like ten hrs in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was a very mediocre game. It really doesn’t do one thing or another well. It’s like it grabbed bits and pieces from other games, was put in a blender and a ooze of mediocre just poured out. I hope you have more fun than I did. I bailed like ten hrs in.
    Longer than I lasted with RDR2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Longer than I lasted with RDR2.
    You really didn’t like rdr2 huh?

I also played it, finished it and shelved it. I mean it’s pretty good. Damn good but the extreme hype this got was ridiculous.

I’ll take God of War 4 for 300, Alex. Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I also played it, finished it and shelved it. I mean it’s pretty good. Damn good but the extreme hype this got was ridiculous.

It reminded me too much of GTA IV with the laggy controls. Which sucks because unlike GTA IV, RDR2 actually had an interesting lead character, story, and world. I'll probably give it another try some time, but I already sold my PS4 copy since it can play much better on PC (and probably PS5 when Rockstar's greedy ass double dips). Hopefully there will be mods on PC to fix the controls at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing I didn't have to pay for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel the opposite. I know I'm in the minority here, but the story and immersion of RDR2 got me way more than the gameplay of GoW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , Persona 5 Strikers looks legit. A three hour demo just dropped on the JP Store.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel the opposite. I know I'm in the minority here, but the story and immersion of RDR2 got me way more than the gameplay of GoW.
    i loved RDR2... but it had its tedious points. hunting for perfect skins? the map was enormous, and even traveling by horse took a lot of time.

there was almost never a lull in god of war

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shiiiit, I just put in 2 hours of BotW and I don't know where my time went. It's going to be one of those types of games huh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shiiiit, I just put in 2 hours of BotW and I don't know where my time went. It's going to be one of those types of games huh.
    Best thing to do in that game is nothing. Eg screwing around and climbing mountains, jumping off with the glider, etc. Very different from any other Zelda game where you're usually laser focused on some goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rang the first bell in dark souls... met the blacksmith. got my stats high enough to make use of the Black Knight Sword... it's quite strong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i loved RDR2... but it had its tedious points. hunting for perfect skins? the map was enormous, and even traveling by horse took a lot of time.

there was almost never a lull in god of war
    Hunting for skins was 100% optional... and they've added fast travel from your campfire, so you can move around the map pretty quickly.

I don't think anybody who prefers GoW over Red Dead is wrong. I can fully admit that GoW is way more polished and has impressive combat. Santa Monica earned the game of the year award. I just tend to enjoy story-centric games more. My days of breaking my NES controller against the wall trying to beat Ghosts n Goblins just because it was a challenge are over. That's why I've avoided the Dark Souls games... just not my thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just starting up ペルソナ5スクランブル・ザファントムストライカーズ (eg Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers). Music is ing great again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rang the first bell in dark souls... met the blacksmith. got my stats high enough to make use of the Black Knight Sword... it's quite strong
    First time playing DS? Kudos to you if you beat it without a guide.

Thread Information