Page 183 of 376 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time playing DS? Kudos to you if you beat it without a guide.
    yeah. i've played bloodborne... but i have the full DS trilogy i want to play through before playing sekiro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. i've played bloodborne... but i have the full DS trilogy i want to play through before playing sekiro
    Compared to Bloodborne, DS is slow and methodical as you probably already know. I recommend watching a lore video after beating the game; it’s crazy for a game with no real storytelling or a traditional narrative. It’s actually deep and interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compared to Bloodborne, DS is slow and methodical as you probably already know. I recommend watching a lore video after beating the game; it’s crazy for a game with no real storytelling or a traditional narrative. It’s actually deep and interesting.
    yeah, its much slower. the shields are quite powerful. the one thing that i really miss from bloodborne is the ability to just do a side-step evade instead of having to roll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just starting up ペルソナ5スクランブル・ザファントムストライカーズ (eg Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers). Music is ing great again.
    LOL Switch.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I beat DMC3 a few days ago. The final Vergil fight was annoying as . He was a complete C-Note. Teleporting bas . Coming from somebody who played Bayonetta first, the level of quality of 3 relative to the first two games in the series, is staggering. I actually wanted to keep playing after I beat it (being able to play as Vergil also helped). I look forward to 4 and 5. Then I might try to beat Sekiro and Nioh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why LOL Switch? It's an awesome console with lots of great exclusives.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why LOL Switch? It's an awesome console with lots of great exclusives.
    Breaking balls mostly.

How is that thing aging anyways? The PS4 itself is aging like a latina. (Who can still get it)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking balls mostly.

How is that thing aging anyways? The PS4 itself is aging like a latina. (Who can still get it)
    It's great for JRPG, for Nintendo games, and for playing indies on a portable. AAA third party stuff like Witcher 3, Doom, and Wolfenstein looks like on it. I was really ing skeptical of the hybrid design, but if I want to play AAA third party games with graphics that blow me away I'd go PC anyways. Switch had a lot of really good games for 2019, but for 2020 so far all I'm that interested in are Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Persona 5 Scramble, and Bravely Default 2 (not expecting Shin Megami Tensei V this year). Though if we get a Bayonetta 3 or a Super Mario 3D World port I'd be all over those too.

Switch game prices suck though. They never ing go down like Playstation games do. Thank god for fusee gelee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i might get a switch...I wonder how much a vita would cost nowadys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i might get a switch...I wonder how much a vita would cost nowadys
    Vita only makes sense if you're really into JRPG. If not it's a pretty trash library. If you like JRPG though the library is awesome. They're easy to hack though so you could have a portable Suikoden machine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vita only makes sense if you're really into JRPG. If not it's a pretty trash library. If you like JRPG though the library is awesome. They're easy to hack though so you could have a portable Suikoden machine.
    my phone is my suikoden machine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to recommend it as an emulation device these days either, as they have a ton of new models out for less than a bill that are strong enough to play PS1 les with ease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to recommend it as an emulation device these days either, as they have a ton of new models out for less than a bill that are strong enough to play PS1 les with ease
    Vita is a great emulation handheld IMO. You get an official PS1 emulator, an official PSP emulator, and it plays NES, SNES, and Genesis well too. Haven't tried it with Mame but I see no reason it couldn't run well if a Raspberry Pi can. Only better emulation handheld is an unpatched Switch, though it can't play PSP or Vita games. Though for connecting to a TV, short of PC nothing touches the Nvidia Shield.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum Was looking around amazon for deals and shot and got recommended The Yakuza collection. Was interested but saw it was games 3-5. What would I be missing story wise? Are games 1-2 necessary to know the story?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum Was looking around amazon for deals and shot and got recommended The Yakuza collection. Was interested but saw it was games 3-5. What would I be missing story wise? Are games 1-2 necessary to know the story?
    Yes, 0-2 are 100% necessary for the story of 3-5. Every game builds directly off the previous numbered game in the series. PSN has the Yakuza 0-2 bundle for $35 right now if you're interested in getting into the series, and all three are outstanding. Yakuza 3-5 are also 60 fps remasters of PS3 games. Even remastered, 3 feels like an early gen PS3 game with a resolution bump, so it's absolutely not something I'd recommend as a jumping off point in the series. Haven't played 4 yet and the 5 remaster doesn't drop for two more days. 5 seems to be regarded as amazing by the fanbase, with 3 the weakest. Though I'm still really enjoying 3, which I'm currently playing.

Here is the 0-2 bundle.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...000YAKUZA0K1K2

Considering Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami typically go for $20 each and Yakuza Kiwami 2 goes for $30, this is a real deal for $35. I paid $45 for Yakuza 0, $40 for Yakuza Kiwami, and $50 for Yakuza Kiwami 2 and thought they were absolutely worth that amount, much less getting all three for $35.

Aren't you a big Shenmue fan? I always hear this series called a spiritual successor to Shenmue.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-09-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, 0-2 are 100% necessary for the story of 3-5. Every game builds directly off the previous numbered game in the series. PSN has the Yakuza 0-2 bundle for $35 right now if you're interested in getting into the series, and all three are outstanding. Yakuza 3-5 are also 60 fps remasters of PS3 games. Even remastered, 3 feels like an early gen PS3 game with a resolution bump, so it's absolutely not something I'd recommend as a jumping off point in the series. Haven't played 4 yet and the 5 remaster doesn't drop for two more days. 5 seems to be regarded as amazing by the fanbase, with 3 the weakest. Though I'm still really enjoying 3, which I'm currently playing.

Here is the 0-2 bundle.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...000YAKUZA0K1K2

Considering Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami typically go for $20 each and Yakuza Kiwami 2 goes for $30, this is a real deal for $35. I paid $45 for Yakuza 0, $40 for Yakuza Kiwami, and $50 for Yakuza Kiwami 2 and thought they were absolutely worth that amount, much less getting all three for $35.

Aren't you a big Shenmue fan? I always hear this series called a spiritual successor to Shenmue.
    Thanks bro. I'll look into it.

I've been toying with the idea of buying/getting into this series precisely because people keep comparing this to Shenmue but never really put efforts to play this.

I've been stocking up on new games (Maybe to my detriment) and on the past month alone I've bought Spyro and Crash bundled trilogy and a few indie games. Easily have blown 200 dollars on games already.

And of course now the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot collection are 50% off. my luck
    Last edited by Reck; 02-09-2020 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Alone!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blighttown.

Also, I’ve been wearing light gear to try to maintain having the fast roll. How imperative is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blighttown.

Also, I’ve been wearing light gear to try to maintain having the fast roll. How imperative is that?
    I always play Souls games with light gear for agility. I found heavy gear doesn't give you much more wiggle room with the damage you take in combat, at least in Dark Souls 1, so I strongly prefer the agility from not wearing armor and wearing things like robes instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Persona 5 Scramble really plays like a sequel to the original Persona 5 (not to Royal, which is a separate timeline). Very hard to play in Japanese though with my sop re level understanding of the language. Hope we get English localization by the fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks bro. I'll look into it.

I've been toying with the idea of buying/getting into this series precisely because people keep comparing this to Shenmue but never really put efforts to play this.

I've been stocking up on new games (Maybe to my detriment) and on the past month alone I've bought Spyro and Crash bundled trilogy and a few indie games. Easily have blown 200 dollars on games already.

And of course now the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot collection are 50% off. my luck
    Dude just get it. Yakuza 0 alone is worth the $35 asking price, much less getting Kiwami and Kiwami 2 also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always play Souls games with light gear for agility. I found heavy gear doesn't give you much more wiggle room with the damage you take in combat, at least in Dark Souls 1, so I strongly prefer the agility from not wearing armor and wearing things like robes instead.
    from ing around with equipment i've figured out there's basically 3 different "stages" of agility. i recently said it and starting using some heavier gear where i'm in that middle tier. i just got out of blighttown and rang the second bell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from ing around with equipment i've figured out there's basically 3 different "stages" of agility. i recently said it and starting using some heavier gear where i'm in that middle tier. i just got out of blighttown and rang the second bell
    Maybe they changed things in the remaster, but in the original game I found armor to be completely worthless and only good for en bering you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they changed things in the remaster, but in the original game I found armor to be completely worthless and only good for en bering you.
    you said the same thing about bloodborne items being cosmetic

Thread Information