Page 185 of 376 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just unlocked the fast travel feature after beating the double bosses.

Thank god theres fast travel

also the giant blacksmith sells the material used to upgrade my black knight sword... so i grinded that region a bit and got it up to +5
    Ornstein & Smough has to be one of the greatest boss fights ever in a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? didnt feel that way for me. i only died one time, though to be fair i did summon an NPC in my second attempt. i dont care about guilt/shame in doing that in a game like this

im probably gonna stay in that area and grind so i can buy more of the twinkling anite, which is the ingredient used to upgrade a lot of the equipment i have. i just got my black knight sword to +5 which appears to be the max, but now im considering switching to the black knight greatsword. it has better strength scaling. like i said in an earlier post, the most satisfying feeling to me is to smash ers with a big weapon, more so than poking them with quicker swords.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So iconic getting ran train by those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really? didnt feel that way for me. i only died one time, though to be fair i did summon an NPC in my second attempt. i dont care about guilt/shame in doing that in a game like this

im probably gonna stay in that area and grind so i can buy more of the twinkling anite, which is the ingredient used to upgrade a lot of the equipment i have. i just got my black knight sword to +5 which appears to be the max, but now im considering switching to the black knight greatsword. it has better strength scaling. like i said in an earlier post, the most satisfying feeling to me is to smash ers with a big weapon, more so than poking them with quicker swords.
    If you're wrecking Ornstein & Smough on the second attempt there is absolutely no reason you need to be grinding your character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're wrecking Ornstein & Smough on the second attempt there is absolutely no reason you need to be grinding your character.
    with the NPC constantly distracting one, it was just a one on one fight tbh... the big one with the hammer was slow as , so making that 1 on 1 simplified it a lot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Intriguing. But pricy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    catacombs are ing ridiculous with the respawning skeletons... had to run around like a madman finding the dudes that summoned them. reminded me of an area of bloodborne with the bell maidens doing the same thing

eventually made my way to the tomb of the giants but had to call it a night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My quick reflexes are these days.

I've also regressed a ton in platforming games. Crash Bandicoot is owning me hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing you're going to have to get setup though is motion controls, as they're needed in a few shrines. You can fake it with a mouse but it makes some puzzles very hard to complete. At least it did back when I played it on Cemu. I forgot the plugin I used, but it allowed me to run a wired DualShock3 which I only plugged into my PC for these specific motion controlled puzzles (I just played with a 360 controller the rest of the time). Otherwise, I hate the motion control for shooting arrows for instance, both on Cemu and on an actual Switch, so I turn them off for both. But the game should be fully playable on Cemu. I played about 200 hours of it and beat it back in mid 2018, though that was when the optimization was only good enough to play at 30 fps on my system.
    I've got to some of the shrines that use the motion controller and I'm frustrated as . Is there a better way? Am I doing something wrong or didn't set it up correctly?

This is what I'm using:

https://cemuhook.sshnuke.net/padudpserver.html

I read you can use the gyroscope of an Android phone. I might have to try that because the DS3 is making me want to toss it on the wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got to some of the shrines that use the motion controller and I'm frustrated as . Is there a better way? Am I doing something wrong or didn't set it up correctly?

This is what I'm using:

https://cemuhook.sshnuke.net/padudpserver.html

I read you can use the gyroscope of an Android phone. I might have to try that because the DS3 is making me want to toss it on the wall.
    I could only get the motion control for the DS3 working when I had the controller plugged into my PC over USB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that Persona 5 Scramble demo was short as . It's kind of funny how Morgana keeps using wagahai for "I" instead of the common words "ore", "boku", or "watashi" for "I" (though boku and watashi are kind of submissive, so understandable why they wouldn't be used I guess). But "wagahai" is pretty ing arrogant. Especially since Morgana always says it in katakna, which is Japanese writing equivalent to boldface. Funny how different a character Morgana is in the Japanese games than in the western localization. At least it's not as cringe as if he used "ware" or "wareware".
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-16-2020 at 10:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres a good remaster/retro sale on the PS store right now

i picked up the spyro remaster collection for $20 and tomb raider definitive edition for $5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive been doing my best not to use guides for dark souls (i'll look some stuff up only after i've cleared an area to see if i missed something like a secret room).

but i finally broke and had to look up what the to do in new londo ruins... there's an area where i stepped through the fog and it had a spiral staircase with a dead end. when i tried jumping off i kept dying. turned out i was supposed to have a specific ring equipped to make it through the fall, sort of like holding that particular stone in boodborne and letting the amygdala pick you up from the cathedral

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres a good remaster/retro sale on the PS store right now

i picked up the spyro remaster collection for $20 and tomb raider definitive edition for $5
    If you don't have the Yakuza 0-2 games, the Yakuza Origins Digital Bundle with 0-2 for $35 is a ridiculously good deal in that sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't have the Yakuza 0-2 games, the Yakuza Origins Digital Bundle with 0-2 for $35 is a ridiculously good deal in that sale.
    I have 0 and Kiwami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will generally say that Dark Souls: Remastered holds up incredibly well. my main complaint with how the game has aged, as i mentioned before, only really comes into play when there are platforming sections or when you have to tightrope across a beam or something. the movement can get quite choppy when making very subtle direction changes, which can be very frustrating when i have to walk a pretty considerable distance on a very narrow path. otherwise, the controls feels more or less as smooth as bloodborne

i liked the combat in bloodborne better. the faster pace makes the game much more enjoyable, and the boss fights actually exhilarating. the ability for a quick side-step to dodge instead of having to full on roll every time was a welcomed feature of bloodborne that is absent in dark souls. you either have to strafe/block or roll. there's no side step or dodge, which kinda sucks.

the slower combat pace and lack of a quick dodge make the boss battles less fun too, imo. it feels like a foregone conclusion that you just have to tank some hits with your shield and find time to heal up. tank/block and find a window to get an attack or two in... whereas with bloodborne the boss fights were much more frantic and imo much more rewarding, because you had to know how to dodge/parry instead of just holding up your shield.

what dark souls does better though, imo, is the healing vial system where you get a preset number after a bonfire instead of farming health potions. dark souls world/layout is much more clever and interconnected than bloodborne, with firelink shrine serving as an actual hub, while bloodborne's "hunters dream" was just a lazy warp point that wasnt actually connected to the game world. while bloodborne did a great job having a bunch of shortcuts within areas, dark souls does a much more intricate jobs of having shortcuts that connect different sections together... the only time i remember that in bloodborne was the shortcut between the forbidden woods and the starting area in central yarnham. in dark souls, you have a bunch of shortcuts tying remote locations together, with the exception of anor lando kinda being its own thing off the grid

im pretty sure i'm nearly done with the game... still want to get through DS2 and DS3 before playing sekiro. definitely gonna need some filler content between these behemoths though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2 of 3 games platted. 1 to go.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    finally at the very end of the main story of ni no kuni 2, or rather have the ability to begin the end of the main story quest. part of me wants to dump another 30 hours into maxing my kingdom and finding 100 citizens, finish all the sidequests, but its so daunting. grinding is kinda difficult in this game, the easiest way being facing tainted monsters which if you're not at least 5 levels above them they'll probably one hit kill you. and all of the ones left are above me i barely have my main characters at lvl 47-53 but overall i have thoroughly enjoyed dumping 70 hours into this game and if you enjoy JRPG games and want a break from all the dark and violent games, i highly recommend this one.

starting to play Greedfall now since i caught it on sale. i like it but the character models and mouth animations are weird as . seems like it has a lot of potential though, it has that Bioware RPG feel to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished with Witcher 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished with Witcher 3.
    How many hours per day did you put into it? That was insanely quick turnaround. It took me nearly a year to finished the base game, let alone the DLCs.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Finished with Witcher 3.
    that was fast did you dump tons of hours into recently or just speed through it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was fast did you dump tons of hours into recently or just speed through it?
    Neither. I just gave up.

I play in spurts and sometimes go a week or two without playing. This doesn’t seem like the kind of game that lends itself to that.

Which sucks because I know this is a great game. Hopefully I’ll pick it back up when I can devote some serious time to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her Yakuza video is the best one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her Yakuza video is the best one
    Watch the Fallout 76 one if you haven't.

Thread Information