Page 191 of 376 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demon of hatred legit feels like a bloodborne boss... very frustrating battle

both times i got him to his 3rd stage, and then i inevitably die. when im in the middle of my resurrect animation he puts me on fire so i instantly spawn and die. that happened twice in a row. and because he has so much damn health the battle is such a grind
    umbrella, sugars....Makes the first two stages quick. You should have am million ako sugars by now.

Theres also a prosthetic that you can use three times in his third form to beat him easily.

Do you have ceremonial tanto?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    umbrella, sugars....Makes the first two stages quick. You should have am million ako sugars by now.

Theres also a prosthetic that you can use three times in his third form to beat him easily.

Do you have ceremonial tanto?
    I powered through yesterday. Once i got him to his third stage i used the whistle, put on ako sugar and divine confetti. Then i used the whistle two more times to start wailing on him. Took out about half his health that way. Then it was just a matter of dodging his repeated fire sweeps.

That was the least fun boss to learn to master. The only moves you could really deflect were his stomps everything else has to be evaded. A very un-sekiro battle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I powered through yesterday. Once i got him to his third stage i used the whistle, put on ako sugar and divine confetti. Then i used the whistle two more times to start wailing on him. Took out about half his health that way. Then it was just a matter of dodging his repeated fire sweeps.

That was the least fun boss to learn to master. The only moves you could really deflect were his stomps everything else has to be evaded. A very un-sekiro battle.
    lol yeah. You could deflect more with umbrella. iirc

I personally enjoyed it though. Loved watching sekiro run around lol.

Fighting ishin now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fighting ishin now?
    i turned the game off for the night right after beating the demon. i'll probably get to it tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i turned the game off for the night right after beating the demon. i'll probably get to it tonight
    man the ninja arts in this game can be so OP if you know how to use it.

The useless spiral passage..If you combine it with fire is madness.

And mist raven is ridiculously overpowered. It alone can kill an entire health bar if combined with Contact poison.

Just really allows you to cheese bossess.

Never even learned these in first playthrough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man the ninja arts in this game can be so OP if you know how to use it.

The useless spiral passage..If you combine it with fire is madness.

And mist raven is ridiculously overpowered. It alone can kill an entire health bar if combined with Contact poison.

Just really allows you to cheese bossess.

Never even learned these in first playthrough
    yeah if i play through again i'm going to experiment a lot more with the shinobi tools. for the most part i was just using shurikens and even then not that much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah if i play through again i'm going to experiment a lot more with the shinobi tools. for the most part i was just using shurikens and even then not that much
    they already patched it, but its still very strong and somewhat op.

but i remeber watching videos of players abusing owl, Genishiro with high monk...like a 50% posture damage. insane.

And theres people who graded this a game a 6 for being too difficult.

I legit think some journalist never actually finish the game or even get pas 25% of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they already patched it, but its still very strong and somewhat op.

but i remeber watching videos of players abusing owl, Genishiro with high monk...like a 50% posture damage. insane.

And theres people who graded this a game a 6 for being too difficult.

I legit think some journalist never actually finish the game or even get pas 25% of the game
    i mean... it is difficult. its not like you can just have a lucky run and advance. you really have to learn each encounter and slowly improve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fighting ishin now?
    I beat him. Honestly wasn’t that bad. Maybe 10 attempts. His final phase was too easy. Electric attacks in this game are very telegraphed and let you stun them back. His second phase was by far the most difficult part with that spear and gun.

I spent way more time on demon of hatred, owl fights, butterfly... even the midgame geneshiro fight when i was learning how to git gud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I beat him. Honestly wasn’t that bad. Maybe 10 attempts. His final phase was too easy. Electric attacks in this game are very telegraphed and let you stun them back. His second phase was by far the most difficult part with that spear and gun.

I spent way more time on demon of hatred, owl fights, butterfly... even the midgame geneshiro fight when i was learning how to git gud.
    damn scrah. took me minimum 30 tries.

Was hardest boss for me in the game by far.

Some say it would have been emma if she had two bars...But probably not.

It took me maybe 20 deaths until i got through his 1st phase and soon i beat his 1st phase..rest was easy.

You going for 2nd playthrough to fight Emma and Ishin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn scrah. took me minimum 30 tries.

Was hardest boss for me in the game by far.

Some say it would have been emma if she had two bars...But probably not.

It took me maybe 20 deaths until i got through his 1st phase and soon i beat his 1st phase..rest was easy.

You going for 2nd playthrough to fight Emma and Ishin?
    His attack timing was unorthodox with some delayed swipes. Was just a matter of punishing his ranged attacks like when he keeps the katana in the sheath and then does those two ranged swipes. Was able to consistently chip away at his vitality. He also goes for a lot of perilous attacks which are almost all thrusts except the sweep with the spear which is very telegraphed. Only thing i had to learn was to be patient against the spear thrust because you have to delay your input or else you get punished. Kinda like waiting to dodge the muspelheim Valkyrie stomp

as far as second playthrough... maybe. i did quickly fire up NG+ just to get to first idol, but i still died to genishiro because i was being lazy/careless and you dont have resurrect that early

if i want to shoot for platinum (something i usually dont care about) i have to beat the game 4 in times, one for each ending. that seems like a drag. as of now i booted up NG+ because i still have a good amount of skills and some prosthetic upgrades remaining.

but i dont want NG+ to just be a drag because enemies are more spongy. so i'm thinking i'll do NG+ and do the other ending with different bosses, and hopefully fill out my skill tree/prosthetic upgrades for those trophies, and then i'll just do regular NG for the other alternate endings. getting into NG++ and +++ doesnt sound particularly fun
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-18-2020 at 02:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting platinum on sekiro, tbh... i started my second playthrough and advanced a decent amount (game is MUCH quicker on second run)... but you level up so slowly, and you need to acquire all skills as one of the trophies, which would take multiple playthroughts or hours of senseless grinding. that.

im just gonna do the other ending where i side with owl and call it a game... for now

i looked it up because i thought i was crazy.... https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comm...trophy_to_get/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting platinum on sekiro, tbh... i started my second playthrough and advanced a decent amount (game is MUCH quicker on second run)... but you level up so slowly, and you need to acquire all skills as one of the trophies, which would take multiple playthroughts or hours of senseless grinding. that.

im just gonna do the other ending where i side with owl and call it a game... for now

i looked it up because i thought i was crazy.... https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comm...trophy_to_get/

playing this game 4 times over is overkill. I mean I have played some games at least 3 times to get plat but they were super fun to play along the way. Sekiro requires too much patience and time to play that many times in my opinion.

When I get around to playing it it will be a one-and done type game for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

playing this game 4 times over is overkill. I mean I have played some games at least 3 times to get plat but they were super fun to play along the way. Sekiro requires too much patience and time to play that many times in my opinion.

When I get around to playing it it will be a one-and done type game for me.
    3 of the 4 endings have identical bosses/fights... the only distinction is doing a couple of minor side things or slight convo choices. so the game feels exactly the same for 3 of them. there's really 2 "endings" imo. im gonna finish this second playthrough for the one actually distinct ending and call it a wrap for now. but if i revisit i'll just do a further NG+ so i can work towards the all-skills thing

its really funny making a second run through it, you breeze past the game WAY faster than the first run, basically solo everything you come across . you can actually feel the "git gud" paying dividends. all the bosses are just skill-checks. its pretty well done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i didnt platinum the game tbh. obviously. Just fight emma, and other ishin and call it a day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 of the 4 endings have identical bosses/fights... the only distinction is doing a couple of minor side things or slight convo choices. so the game feels exactly the same for 3 of them. there's really 2 "endings" imo. im gonna finish this second playthrough for the one actually distinct ending and call it a wrap for now. but if i revisit i'll just do a further NG+ so i can work towards the all-skills thing

its really funny making a second run through it, you breeze past the game WAY faster than the first run, basically solo everything you come across . you can actually feel the "git gud" paying dividends. all the bosses are just skill-checks. its pretty well done
    I made this point a few pages ago. Skeiro is much easier than any souls game in the 2nd playthrough. Almost feels like easy mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didnt platinum the game tbh. obviously. Just fight emma, and other ishin and call it a day
    yeah thats the plan at this point. i wish i could just create an alternate save around the ending... since 3 of the endings can be done at effectively the same time after the final boss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made this point a few pages ago. Skeiro is much easier than any souls game in the 2nd playthrough. Almost feels like easy mode.
    supposedly you can make it harder with the bell demon and giving kuro's charm back to him. i havent tried yet, but honestly i'm just trying to power through to the ending

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supposedly you can make it harder with the bell demon and giving kuro's charm back to him. i havent tried yet, but honestly i'm just trying to power through to the ending
    I rang the bell demon in my first playthrough for a few hours and enemy posture becomes noticebly more difficult to break.

I had no idea what it was when I rang the bell so got smoked by headless. Soon as i figured out what it was and cancelled, headless was much easier.

Never tried stacking bell demon with kuros charm though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rang the bell demon in my first playthrough for a few hours and enemy posture becomes noticebly more difficult to break.

I had no idea what it was when I rang the bell so got smoked by headless. Soon as i figured out what it was and cancelled, headless was much easier.

Never tried stacking bell demon with kuros charm though.
    i think with kuro's charm you take chip damage any time you block, so you always have to deflect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think with kuro's charm you take chip damage any time you block, so you always have to deflect
    honestly that sounds very realistic but also torturous

Aint no way you'll perfect deflect 90% of attacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    honestly that sounds very realistic but also torturous

Aint no way you'll perfect deflect 90% of attacks.
    FromSoftware pisses me off when all their games which are tough/meticulous, but otherwise, mostly fair... have a bull status effect

Curse in Dark Souls, Frenzy in Bloodborne, Terror in Sekiro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FromSoftware pisses me off when all their games which are tough/meticulous, but otherwise, mostly fair... have a bull status effect

Curse in Dark Souls, Frenzy in Bloodborne, Terror in Sekiro
    Headless

I beat them all with the anti terror umbrella except for the first headless. Sounds cheesy but the status effect is honestly not fair so who cares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Headless

I beat them all with the anti terror umbrella except for the first headless. Sounds cheesy but the status effect is honestly not fair so who cares.
    yeah the umbrella is really good against the smichichen warrior guy or however you spell it when he starts lobbing blasts. that and the whistle.

also when the smichichen guy floats in the air i found out by accident that the anti-air deathblow thing one shots him . i was just jumping up to smack him with my sword and i did the deathblow. took me a second to realize what happened because his health/posture wasnt anything near it

headless is more about finding that balance between aggression with the divine confetti buff and not being too greedy when you see his attacks coming, because they will 2 shot you, and you have to deflect because terror will kill you if you block 2-3 shots. but he also moves in slow motion. i was more annoyed fighting him in the water.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah the umbrella is really good against the smichichen warrior guy or however you spell it when he starts lobbing blasts. that and the whistle.

also when the smichichen guy floats in the air i found out by accident that the anti-air deathblow thing one shots him . i was just jumping up to smack him with my sword and i did the deathblow. took me a second to realize what happened because his health/posture wasnt anything near it

headless is more about finding that balance between aggression with the divine confetti buff and not being too greedy when you see his attacks coming, because they will 2 shot you, and you have to deflect because terror will kill you if you block 2-3 shots. but he also moves in slow motion. i was more annoyed fighting him in the water.
    the underwater headles one in the ashina castle was easy.

But the one in fountainhead. You had to fight two headless at the same time so you couldnt just fast swim around him.

Thread Information