Page 203 of 376 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've simplified a lot by simply playing only with odachi and using the front pose. It's nice that the depth is there for those that want it, but you can also level up nicely offering weapons and everything else you pick up, tbh
    Did you try any other weapons? I'm honestly not sure what to spend on skill wise and it seems we already get samurai skill points to begin with without choosing the samurai swords in the beginning.

I'm already thinking about playing with the axe.

The tonfa is really nice in low stance. Just kills all the human and low level enemies very quickly and its so easy to block in this stance.

I was watching IGN review and they said you can choose how to fight..You can do long range too.

But after playing a decent amount, how in the world can anyone enjoy nioh 2 playing with a bow or any long range weapon? Combat is probably the strongest selling point of this game and you want people to play long range
    Last edited by apalisoc_9; 04-15-2020 at 12:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've simplified a lot by simply playing only with odachi and using the front pose. It's nice that the depth is there for those that want it, but you can also level up nicely offering weapons and everything else you pick up, tbh
    I didn't even realize you could offer weapon tbh. I'll probably do this next time. I've got way multiple tonfas and odachi just because I died multiple times against that monkey that throws the spears.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Wow, it looked pretty impressive in all the previews I have seen. Though I have determined I won't play FF VII until my Japanese is good enough to play it in its native language, so I'm still a couple of years away I'd guess.
    The character models look good, but the background can look PS2-tier some times. People said there would be a patch to fix that, but I dunno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you try any other weapons? I'm honestly not sure what to spend on skill wise and it seems we already get samurai skill points to begin with without choosing the samurai swords in the beginning.

I'm already thinking about playing with the axe.

The tonfa is really nice in low stance. Just kills all the human and low level enemies very quickly and its so easy to block in this stance.

I was watching IGN review and they said you can choose how to fight..You can do long range too.

But after playing a decent amount, how in the world can anyone enjoy nioh 2 playing with a bow or any long range weapon? Combat is probably the strongest selling point of this game and you want people to play long range
    I started with Switchglaive, it's a cool looking weapon, but I was getting my ass kicked. The odachi is nice in that you can hit from relatively far range, and gives you more time to step back if needed. I tried the Axe too, but while they cause more damage, they're slow.

Then again, different bosses and enemies are easier to take down with different weapons, even ranged. Some of them are really tough hand to hand, and maintaining distance can be a .

Also in later levels, it's just easier to snipe down some of the easy enemies with an arrow to move along quicker without risking health.

BTW, I think that's the digital deluxe version you got. You should've a theme to download and can also redeem the Demon Horde weapons from the "Boons" option in any shrine. I think Season Pass is included also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, about skills, each skill matches to certain weapon. ie: Strength matches to Odachi, so I beefed that up a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, about skills, each skill matches to certain weapon. ie: Strength matches to Odachi, so I beefed that up a lot.
    Bend over, I'll ing beef it up a lot.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you ever play the first? Wondering how this one compares. I liked the first Nioh, but I didn't think the control was as good as say Bloodborne. Does Nioh 2 have any cheap deaths? There was one infuriating stage in the first Nioh that was filled with instant death pits like it was an old NES game. And then another stage the enemies would cast sloth on you to basically make you a sitting duck which also felt cheap. Still overall Nioh 1 was a pretty good game though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you ever play the first? Wondering how this one compares. I liked the first Nioh, but I didn't think the control was as good as say Bloodborne. Does Nioh 2 have any cheap deaths? There was one infuriating stage in the first Nioh that was filled with instant death pits like it was an old NES game. And then another stage the enemies would cast sloth on you to basically make you a sitting duck which also felt cheap. Still overall Nioh 1 was a pretty good game though.
    Haven't played the 1st one no. Kinda curious now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started with Switchglaive, it's a cool looking weapon, but I was getting my ass kicked. The odachi is nice in that you can hit from relatively far range, and gives you more time to step back if needed. I tried the Axe too, but while they cause more damage, they're slow.

Then again, different bosses and enemies are easier to take down with different weapons, even ranged. Some of them are really tough hand to hand, and maintaining distance can be a .

Also in later levels, it's just easier to snipe down some of the easy enemies with an arrow to move along quicker without risking health.

BTW, I think that's the digital deluxe version you got. You should've a theme to download and can also redeem the Demon Horde weapons from the "Boons" option in any shrine. I think Season Pass is included also.
    Nice. It was the regular version. My only complaint with the odachi is that high stance is supposed to be its best stance but it's poor with guarding.

So far I cant beat any bossess without transforming into yokai. Cant wait though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't play nioh 1 but i read in terms of combat it's very similar control wise. Bloodborne control vs nioh 2 is much better. Like I said earlier, Nioh 2 control map can feel very overcrowded. Changing stance, changing weapons can get very confusing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't play nioh 1 but i read in terms of combat it's very similar control wise. Bloodborne control vs nioh 2 is much better. Like I said earlier, Nioh 2 control map can feel very overcrowded. Changing stance, changing weapons can get very confusing.
    Yeah the stances were kind of weird to get used to in Nioh 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the stances were kind of weird to get used to in Nioh 1.
    That said, just from playing the game right now. I think depending on how you play nioh 2, you could be looking at a combat system that's more "fun" than bloodborne.

I mean I'm having a lot of fun with the tonfa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Odyssey, what's the point in doing the Athens/Sparta battles? Once you conquer one side or the other in a given area, you can turn around the do it again for the other side. There is no faction system for the player, and there doesn't seem to be any story consequences, so the only reason to spend time on this is to get some marginal gear. Am I missing something?
    just XP and loot. zero consequences. this game packed in so much /content that does absolutely nothing.

im usually fairy neurotic with side quests in these types of games, and making sure i exhaust side quests before continuing with main story, until i unlock more side quests... but in this game its just ridiculous. this game has what seems like hundreds of randomly created, generic side quests (the ones with the little black markers on the map) which is somebody saying "i need you to kill those soliders/bandits/animals"... and then you do it. and then alexios says the same ing line every time. "i took care of them. every last one of them."

so i've completely stopped doing all side quests with the exception of the ones with the yellow markers, since those actually have some narrative depth to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just XP and loot. zero consequences. this game packed in so much /content that does absolutely nothing.

im usually fairy neurotic with side quests in these types of games, and making sure i exhaust side quests before continuing with main story, until i unlock more side quests... but in this game its just ridiculous. this game has what seems like hundreds of randomly created, generic side quests (the ones with the little black markers on the map) which is somebody saying "i need you to kill those soliders/bandits/animals"... and then you do it. and then alexios says the same ing line every time. "i took care of them. every last one of them."

so i've completely stopped doing all side quests with the exception of the ones with the yellow markers, since those actually have some narrative depth to them.
    That's kind of where I'm at, and I haven't even uncovered a fourth of the map. Most of the quests/notice boards do nothing except clog my menu up. I accept most of them anyway, but don't actively try to finish them. I just let them finish on their own because they're all "kill x amount of bandits" or whatever.

I'm having fun hunting down the cult members right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the base game part of Persona 5 Royal, eg the part that was in the original Persona 5. Still took me about 135 hours but it's quite a bit less grindy than the original Persona 5. I forgot you have to wait until the last day of the base game to fuse Yo une though since you have to get Morgana to being a Level 10 confidant to fuse one of the prerequisites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Persona 5 Royal's new material after finishing the base game is pretty ing wild so far. This looks like a much better expansion than Persona 4 Golden was over Persona 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is probably a terrible idea but supposedly the new update for fallout 76 made it more like the fallout 3 / new Vegas so I'm gonna give it a try since it's finally on steam. Probably just wasted 40 bucks but not like I have else to do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is probably a terrible idea but supposedly the new update for fallout 76 made it more like the fallout 3 / new Vegas so I'm gonna give it a try since it's finally on steam. Probably just wasted 40 bucks but not like I have else to do
    You mean they made it single player and added NPCs and a storyline? Not sure what else they could've done... graphics and gameplay haven't changed in twelve years or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that sounds like a terrible idea. Could have just bought 40 tacos from Taco Bell and had way more fun vomiting that up at 3AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean they made it single player and added NPCs and a storyline? Not sure what else they could've done... graphics and gameplay haven't changed in twelve years or so.
    Could have fixed the bugs too, though maybe leaving them makes it more like Fallout 3/NV, at least the console versions.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the first AC sucks, same four or five missions over and over again. I gotta say I couldn't get further than two hours into AC III though. Ubisoft has given away so much of this series free over the last couple of years now on PC. I have II, III, Black Flag, and Unity free on my UPlay account. I should have done the Stadia trial to get Odyssey free too. Oh well. I don't have a gpu capable of playing anything on my PC right now anyways though after my 970 died and I don't want to buy an overpriced gpu at the end of a console gen when really good will be coming out later this year for cheaper.
    I got an amazon warehouse 1050 ti from when i was going to build a computer, it's yours for $60

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got an amazon warehouse 1050 ti from when i was going to build a computer, it's yours for $60
    Thanks for the offer but I'll most likely just stick with playing PS4 and Switch until Navi 2 and Ampere come out, and then I'll reassess whether I want to game on PC or buy a Series X or PS5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    might play Persona 5 royal...

I liked the original enough to do it again.
    OK I just finished the game. The base game is pretty similar just with some quality of life improvements in Royal like still being able to study, craft, train, read books, watch movies, play games, etc to buff stats at times when Morgana would force you to sleep in the original game. So it makes it much easier to train your stats without missing out on leveling up your confidants. The two new characters (Kasumi and the school counselor) both have really interesting stories and Royal spends a lot more time with Akechi and expounding his story than P5 did. Guns are also good weapons in Royal since your ammo resets every fight other than your special shots. Whereas guns were pretty useless in the original P5. I don't like the P5R battle theme nearly as much as the P5 battle theme, but overall P5R is a step up in every other way. There are also three secret boss fights in the game whereas there was only one in P5. But only one of the secret boss fights in P5R is available in a first playthrough, and it wasn't as good as the one in P5. But the P5 boss fight is in P5R also.

P5R was marketed as having a new semester, but it's really just one extra month and a new palace, just like Persona 4 Golden was vs Persona 4. It's a pretty good palace and boss fight, though I still think Kamoshida's Palace is the best one in the game. Persona 4 Golden's extra palace sucked. The story is pretty wild in the new semester.

I wouldn't say it's a must play for someone who played P5 unless they're huge fans of P5. I rated P5 a 9.5/10 so I'd probably put P5R at a 9.6/10. No way the new material pushes it to a 10/10 game IMO. For anyone who hasn't played either though I'd definitely recommend P5R over P5 since the most frustrating part of the game (Morgana making you sleep all the time) has been mostly eliminated. Pretty good, worth picking up if you want to play Persona again. But not something I'd say to stick at the front of your must play list.

Also forgot: Persona 5 Royal is a much much easier platinum than Persona 5 is. Took me three playthroughs to finally get the plat in P5 but it was pretty easy to get on a first playthrough in P5R. Also cheesing the reaper in flu season doesn't work any more in P5R.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-19-2020 at 06:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save up for the PS5

Silent Hills exclusive from the original creator

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK I just finished the game. The base game is pretty similar just with some quality of life improvements in Royal like still being able to study, craft, train, read books, watch movies, play games, etc to buff stats at times when Morgana would force you to sleep in the original game. So it makes it much easier to train your stats without missing out on leveling up your confidants. The two new characters (Kasumi and the school counselor) both have really interesting stories and Royal spends a lot more time with Akechi and expounding his story than P5 did. Guns are also good weapons in Royal since your ammo resets every fight other than your special shots. Whereas guns were pretty useless in the original P5. I don't like the P5R battle theme nearly as much as the P5 battle theme, but overall P5R is a step up in every other way. There are also three secret boss fights in the game whereas there was only one in P5. But only one of the secret boss fights in P5R is available in a first playthrough, and it wasn't as good as the one in P5. But the P5 boss fight is in P5R also.

P5R was marketed as having a new semester, but it's really just one extra month and a new palace, just like Persona 4 Golden was vs Persona 4. It's a pretty good palace and boss fight, though I still think Kamoshida's Palace is the best one in the game. Persona 4 Golden's extra palace sucked. The story is pretty wild in the new semester.

I wouldn't say it's a must play for someone who played P5 unless they're huge fans of P5. I rated P5 a 9.5/10 so I'd probably put P5R at a 9.6/10. No way the new material pushes it to a 10/10 game IMO. For anyone who hasn't played either though I'd definitely recommend P5R over P5 since the most frustrating part of the game (Morgana making you sleep all the time) has been mostly eliminated. Pretty good, worth picking up if you want to play Persona again. But not something I'd say to stick at the front of your must play list.

Also forgot: Persona 5 Royal is a much much easier platinum than Persona 5 is. Took me three playthroughs to finally get the plat in P5 but it was pretty easy to get on a first playthrough in P5R. Also cheesing the reaper in flu season doesn't work any more in P5R.
    So basically not worth the 60 bucks.

I still intend to plat P5 so when I feel in the mood for it I’ll just go that route to get my fill instead of buying royal and feel like I’m playing the same game over.

Thread Information