Page 205 of 376 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was a free download sony gave out, along with the nathan drake collection, so i figured as good a time to give it a shot, particularly since the MP element doesnt even require PS+

i guess at $5 for a 1-2 hour game its kind of like a cheap movie ticket, but i dont see much replay value in it besides that fact that its pretty short
    I think Flower is probably the most fun game from that studio that made Journey. To me Journey actually looks better on PS3 than PS4 because there is some quirk of the PS3 that makes the sand render way differently than it does on PS4. Even though PS4 doubles the framerate it completely changes the art style. When it comes to casual indie games though I think the best one on PS4 is What Remains of Edith Finch? Pretty cool storytelling and some creative minigames. I'd say the best indie game on the system I have played is probably Guacamelee, but it's hard and is definitely designed to induce that NES level frustration in parts of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8==D
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-28-2020 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Fucking double post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turns out i had like 6-7 partners throughout.

not unlike trebek's mother

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me it's

1.Journey
    2.Flower

And a very distant third: Flow

Bought it as a bundle back on the PS3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now playing Persona 5 Royal in Japanese, and Morgana is hilarious in the original version of the game. For instance, Morgana always calls himself ワガハイ = wagahai = I (MY LORDSHIP), where I added the caps since that's what it means to write a regular Japanese word in katakana. The normal way of writing of wagahai is 吾輩. In Japanese you almost never use pronouns so not only is Morgana calling attention to himself by practically screaming an elite usage of the word I, but even saying it period which draws attention to yourself. The wagahai comes from a famous Japanese book from the early 1900s called 吾輩は猫である= I am a Cat about a cat from a regular Japanese family that has somehow convinced himself his owners are Japanese royalty.

Morgana always calls Ann by アン殿 = an dono = something like Duchess Ann.

Another thing that's really funny is a phrase universally used at the end of a day of work in Japan is お疲れ様 = otsukare sama which means "thank you for your hard work" though it's literally something more like "you must be tired." It's a universally used phrase. But then sometimes when you finish killing some enemies Morgana will say ご苦労様 = gokurou sama which also means "thank you for your hard work", but is something a superior would tell a subordinate. So ing Morgana is talking down to you after battle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now playing Persona 5 Royal in Japanese, and Morgana is hilarious in the original version of the game. For instance, Morgana always calls himself ワガハイ = wagahai = I (MY LORDSHIP), where I added the caps since that's what it means to write a regular Japanese word in katakana. The normal way of writing of wagahai is 吾輩. In Japanese you almost never use pronouns so not only is Morgana calling attention to himself by practically screaming an elite usage of the word I, but even saying it period which draws attention to yourself. The wagahai comes from a famous Japanese book from the early 1900s called 吾輩は猫である= I am a Cat about a cat from a regular Japanese family that has somehow convinced himself his owners are Japanese royalty.

Morgana always calls Ann by アン殿 = an dono = something like Duchess Ann.

Another thing that's really funny is a phrase universally used at the end of a day of work in Japan is お疲れ様 = otsukare sama which means "thank you for your hard work" though it's literally something more like "you must be tired." It's a universally used phrase. But then sometimes when you finish killing some enemies Morgana will say ご苦労様 = gokurou sama which also means "thank you for your hard work", but is something a superior would tell a subordinate. So ing Morgana is talking down to you after battle.
    So what you’re saying is he’s using Keigo wrong.

I just learned that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what you’re saying is he’s using Keigo wrong.

I just learned that.
    Always using wagahai goes beyond using the wrong keigo though. It's kind of being an attention- like "I do this, I think that, I'm going here..." since using a pronoun to refer to yourself in Japanese is calling attention onto yourself, putting special emphasis on you. And then wagahai is a really arrogant way to refer to oneself. But it's a reference to that famous Japanese book. It makes Morgana pretty funny. Now I want to post a Morgana spoiler for revenge.

jk, I'm not mad bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I just finished AC Odyssey (well, there's more to do, but I finished the main storyline and anything else I actually wanted to accomplish). The main story was fine, the gameplay was fun... but I'm still confused by the modern day stuff. And to make matters worse, the modern day/Atlantis storyline takes hours to complete and it ends in a cliffhanger for a DLC that I have no intention of purchasing. Had I known that I was going to get blocked by a paywall, I would've saved some time.

Anyway... why are the AC games still using this framing device? Does Ubisoft even have a plan? I played the first game at release and thought the concept was cool. As Desmond gained more and more ability through AC 1 and the Ezio trilogy (and learning more about the first civilization), I thought they were prepping for an entirely modern-day AC where you play as Desmond... then they killed him in AC 3. I stopped playing AC games and now in Odyssey I see that storyline has not gone anywhere in four or five games. From reading online, there's ing comic books to fill players in on what's going on. I don't get it. It just seems like a waste of time at this point. It's more of an annoyance than anything when you're playing and get pulled out of the the animus. Just drop that gimmick already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I want to post a Morgana spoiler for revenge.
    Wait, there is anything to spoiled from Morgana that's not in P5? Anything significant?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might get it btw. I just got some free money from Uncle Sam so I can blow some of this stimulus money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, there is anything to spoiled from Morgana that's not in P5? Anything significant?
    Yeah, the new semester is pretty crazy. Though it's only playable from Jan 1st to around February 5th or so if I remember right.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-30-2020 at 10:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might get it btw. I just got some free money from Uncle Sam so I can blow some of this stimulus money.
    If you want to get the new content in the game you have to do the following two things:

1. Get your school counselor Maruki up to a level 9 confidant by around November 18th or so
    2. Get the new girl Kasumi up to a level 5 confidant by mid December or so (5 is the max you can get her until the new year)

You'll also probably really want to get Akechi up to level 8 by mid November. All three of these characters have really cool stories in Royal that weren't there in the original.

Here is the counselor Maruki at the 1:25 mark of the reveal video they did at Persona Super Live 2019. Also there are some really funny Showtime Attacks like you see at the 1:41 mark and the 2:20 mark. And arrogant Morgana can be heard saying wagahai a lot of times in the video.

Last edited by baseline bum; 04-30-2020 at 11:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I just finished AC Odyssey (well, there's more to do, but I finished the main storyline and anything else I actually wanted to accomplish). The main story was fine, the gameplay was fun... but I'm still confused by the modern day stuff. And to make matters worse, the modern day/Atlantis storyline takes hours to complete and it ends in a cliffhanger for a DLC that I have no intention of purchasing. Had I known that I was going to get blocked by a paywall, I would've saved some time.

Anyway... why are the AC games still using this framing device? Does Ubisoft even have a plan? I played the first game at release and thought the concept was cool. As Desmond gained more and more ability through AC 1 and the Ezio trilogy (and learning more about the first civilization), I thought they were prepping for an entirely modern-day AC where you play as Desmond... then they killed him in AC 3. I stopped playing AC games and now in Odyssey I see that storyline has not gone anywhere in four or five games. From reading online, there's ing comic books to fill players in on what's going on. I don't get it. It just seems like a waste of time at this point. It's more of an annoyance than anything when you're playing and get pulled out of the the animus. Just drop that gimmick already.
    i picked up the gold edition when it was on sale for $25, comes with all the DLC and remasters of AC 3 and liberations.

i think im close to the end of the story, but have saved the DLC for after that.

i agree that the modern parts are stupid at this point. AC 1 and 2 only prior to this one, and there was at least some progression with desmond's story. i know i've missed a huge chunk of games, but there doesnt really seem to be any immersion to those parts of the game, especially since in Odyssey, there is no concept of assassins or templars like there were in the earlier games. in that sense it barely even feels like assassins creed (no hidden blade). just some open world game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're on the Assassin's creed theme, here's the first trailer for AC Valhalla that just dropped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're on the Assassin's creed theme, here's the first trailer for AC Valhalla that just dropped.

Typical Ubisoft jaw dropping cutscene trailer when the game will actually look nothing like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acutally Reck man, you might need to get Kasumi to level 5 by mid November and not mid December. Can't remember which. Since you beat the base game you'll probably know why though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i picked up the gold edition when it was on sale for $25, comes with all the DLC and remasters of AC 3 and liberations.

i think im close to the end of the story, but have saved the DLC for after that.

i agree that the modern parts are stupid at this point. AC 1 and 2 only prior to this one, and there was at least some progression with desmond's story. i know i've missed a huge chunk of games, but there doesnt really seem to be any immersion to those parts of the game, especially since in Odyssey, there is no concept of assassins or templars like there were in the earlier games. in that sense it barely even feels like assassins creed (no hidden blade). just some open world game.
    I watched some youtube videos and it seems like one of the DLCs is more of an ending than the core game is, with some ties to other AC games. Which is weird also, the main storyline is almost a side note... Alexio/Kassandra trying to reunite his/her family and rid Greece of the cult threat. Anything having to do with the overall AC lore or the Isu is only in DLC or optional content.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical Ubisoft jaw dropping cutscene trailer when the game will actually look nothing like that.
    Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cinematic trailers have no meaning to me. only thing i got out of that trailer is it looks like they actually have the hidden blade thingy again which was missing in odyssey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cinematic trailers have no meaning to me. only thing i got out of that trailer is it looks like they actually have the hidden blade thingy again which was missing in odyssey
    That's why I used to love Sony's E3 presentations. Everyone else would just show trailers that were 90% cutscenes but in Sony's presentations you'd see actual realtime gameplay to see what the games looked like in action. Now that they're going to State of Play videos though it's the same cutscene trailers everyone else does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    beat me to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo just had a bunch of data stolen for the N64, Gamecube, and Wii. Wonder if this will really help the state of N64 emulation, since it's currently pretty ing bad on devices like the Raspberry Pi and the Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn a native PC port of Super Mario 64 just released. No emulation.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-ma...leased.564235/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man sometimes Ryuji has this really perv voice in Persona 5 Royal when using Japanese voices. And the Engrish is hilarious too. In the scene where they call the maid service to come over to that empty apartment, which they call "Operation Maidwatch" in English, in Japanese they call it メードルキーンぐパーティ、or "Meedo Ruukingu Paatii" (Maid Looking Party). God Japanese kills me hearing English words pronounced in the Japanese syllabary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Streets of rage 4 baby

Thread Information