Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212
Results 5,276 to 5,286 of 5286
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should prob abandon it if you don't like it then. Way too long of a game if it's not something you're invested in. It happens, that was how I came to feel about RDR2 despite everyone else loving it.
    nah, i'll probably get used to it. or just drop the difficulty from hard to normal (i forgot the names they use) if the combat is really getting that frustrating

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, i'll probably get used to it. or just drop the difficulty from hard to normal (i forgot the names they use) if the combat is really getting that frustrating
    Do you do that all the time?

Start from hard mode right off the bat without knowing the controls, gameplay system, etc?

I only do that when I know and get use to the developer's sauce.

Wolfenstein for example is pretty hard but once you get the enemy patterns, checkpoint spawn locations, you can pick it up rather quickly and that is true for all their games in the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you do that all the time?

Start from hard mode right off the bat without knowing the controls, gameplay system, etc?

I only do that when I know and get use to the developer's sauce.

Wolfenstein for example is pretty hard but once you get the enemy patterns, checkpoint spawn locations, you can pick it up rather quickly and that is true for all their games in the franchise.
    my rule of thumb is that if it is just Easy-Normal-Hard then i will play Hard, and if there are more than 4 settings (usually something like easy-normal-hard-extreme) i will just pick the second highest difficulty, never the most extreme on a first playthrough.

some exceptions though... like i remember i didnt play TLOU on grounded or even survivor my first playthrough, so i just played on Hard. or on Horizon Zero Dawn i did play on the Very Hard difficulty which was the highest (though there is an ultra hard for NG+)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I always just start on Normal. I figure that's the baseline the developers intended. I'd rather enjoy the game and not get frustrated. I'll jack the difficulty up if I do repeat playthroughs. I think Grounded is the best way to experience TLOU, but I can't imagine attempting that as a first playthrough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I always just start on Normal. I figure that's the baseline the developers intended. I'd rather enjoy the game and not get frustrated. I'll jack the difficulty up if I do repeat playthroughs. I think Grounded is the best way to experience TLOU, but I can't imagine attempting that as a first playthrough.
    Agreed on usually playing games normal. Hard modes are just usually making you a weakling and all the enemies bullet sponges. Every once in a while I'll play a game like God of War that just handles hard mode brilliantly to where it's the only way to really play the game, but for every God of War there are ten games where the hard mode is just annoying. Even NieR Automata, my second favorite game of this generation, has a hard mode that I think is awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on usually playing games normal. Hard modes are just usually making you a weakling and all the enemies bullet sponges.
    this works better in some games than other, but making you die quicker also just forces you to become a better player, use all the tools/abilities that the devs put time and work into, instead of beating the whole game with the same 1-2 tactics over and over. but yeah in some games it just doesnt work well

Every once in a while I'll play a game like God of War that just handles hard mode brilliantly to where it's the only way to really play the game, but for every God of War there are ten games where the hard mode is just annoying. Even NieR Automata, my second favorite game of this generation, has a hard mode that I think is awful.
    Give Me a Challenge on God of War felt like a perfect difficulty where it never truly felt TOO hard (except maybe Sigrun) but always made you work for it. GMGOW was pretty brutal though that's all i did on subsequent playthroughs, either on NG+ or just NG.

nier automata felt ok on hard, except for the intro section which had an absurdly punishing lack of checkpoints

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it depends if you like/enjoy those kind of games, tbh. JK is not wrong in that it's a lot like fallout new vegas. It's the typical quest-type game, with a story tree, etc.

It really isn't anything innovative or ground breaking, but I enjoy those kind of games every once in a while, and with Fallout 76 being when it released, it was a good way to get my fix.

I played it on a PS4 Pro though, not sure how the Switch version holds up. Don't expect anything earth-shattering graphics-wise anyways.
    Im going to give it a shot regardless of the so-so reviews. Word is that it was rushed and maybe theyll have some fixes. The graphics wont bother me but lags would be frustrating. But seems like a game Id like. Not having to pick up plants and trees and craft is pretty appealing to me.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Now you must press a button to accept your black lashing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I bet that really hurt, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude I told you these notices are everywhere. So what are you going to do, Accept or delete?

It's just words. They dont have to mean anything to you.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dude I told you these notices are everywhere. So what are you going to do, Accept or delete?

It's just words. They dont have to mean anything to you.
    Yes I probably will look back on it and laugh but at the moment these stunts are increasing in size and demands. Aren't they preaching a system change?

Thread Information