Page 212 of 376 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I always just start on Normal. I figure that's the baseline the developers intended. I'd rather enjoy the game and not get frustrated. I'll jack the difficulty up if I do repeat playthroughs. I think Grounded is the best way to experience TLOU, but I can't imagine attempting that as a first playthrough.
    Agreed on usually playing games normal. Hard modes are just usually making you a weakling and all the enemies bullet sponges. Every once in a while I'll play a game like God of War that just handles hard mode brilliantly to where it's the only way to really play the game, but for every God of War there are ten games where the hard mode is just annoying. Even NieR Automata, my second favorite game of this generation, has a hard mode that I think is awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed on usually playing games normal. Hard modes are just usually making you a weakling and all the enemies bullet sponges.
    this works better in some games than other, but making you die quicker also just forces you to become a better player, use all the tools/abilities that the devs put time and work into, instead of beating the whole game with the same 1-2 tactics over and over. but yeah in some games it just doesnt work well

Every once in a while I'll play a game like God of War that just handles hard mode brilliantly to where it's the only way to really play the game, but for every God of War there are ten games where the hard mode is just annoying. Even NieR Automata, my second favorite game of this generation, has a hard mode that I think is awful.
    Give Me a Challenge on God of War felt like a perfect difficulty where it never truly felt TOO hard (except maybe Sigrun) but always made you work for it. GMGOW was pretty brutal though that's all i did on subsequent playthroughs, either on NG+ or just NG.

nier automata felt ok on hard, except for the intro section which had an absurdly punishing lack of checkpoints

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it depends if you like/enjoy those kind of games, tbh. JK is not wrong in that it's a lot like fallout new vegas. It's the typical quest-type game, with a story tree, etc.

It really isn't anything innovative or ground breaking, but I enjoy those kind of games every once in a while, and with Fallout 76 being when it released, it was a good way to get my fix.

I played it on a PS4 Pro though, not sure how the Switch version holds up. Don't expect anything earth-shattering graphics-wise anyways.
    I’m going to give it a shot regardless of the so-so reviews. Word is that it was rushed and maybe they’ll have some fixes. The graphics won’t bother me but lags would be frustrating. But seems like a game I’d like. Not having to pick up plants and trees and craft is pretty appealing to me.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Now you must press a button to accept your black lashing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I bet that really hurt, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude I told you these notices are everywhere. So what are you going to do, Accept or delete?

It's just words. They dont have to mean anything to you.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dude I told you these notices are everywhere. So what are you going to do, Accept or delete?

It's just words. They dont have to mean anything to you.
    Yes I probably will look back on it and laugh but at the moment these stunts are increasing in size and demands. Aren't they preaching a system change?

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What was the last good 2k? I bought 20 and it's just not very fun. Seems like slashing PG's are next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the last good 2k? I bought 20 and it's just not very fun. Seems like slashing PG's are next level.
    I stopped playing them after 2k11 or 2k12. I really can't put my finger on why they got boring. Maybe just same over and over? Didn't even enjoy 2k14 with that Spurs le team so it's not just the Spurs being a trainwreck right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not only have they been the same , but the games to me always feel like everybody is running in water. nothing feels authentically fast, everything is long drawn-out animations

and sports games are one of the genres where you cant just wait it out until prices come down, because by the time they do, the new one is out and the old one is obsolete. same with COD for example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, haven't played 2K in years... just feels the same cookie cut thing over and over...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Have team sports games hit a wall? That's the feeling I get tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLB the show is the only one who innovates from year to year.

But even they are starting to repeat themselves. There's just so much new you can come up with within the sport you're trying to recreate in a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we're just getting old.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

i don't like this post. Not that I disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, yes, but what more can they really do with a basketball game? Update the rosters, polish the graphics, rinse and repeat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean, yes, but what more can they really do with a basketball game? Update the rosters, polish the graphics, rinse and repeat.
    I guess. It's just not enjoyable. The one sports game I can sill somewhat play is PES.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they can up the difficulty by having your star player die of COVID in Orlando?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Always a possibility tbh
    I don't know, I feel like there must be a better way of doing it. 2K is not fluid at all. They also got lazy with no compe ion. Hopefully theres a leap with next gen coming
    I guess. It's just not enjoyable. The one sports game I can sill somewhat play is PES.
    Same tbh. PES seems to be trying to get better at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    left white orchard, entered velen. this game is massive... think it's going to be even bigger than AC Odyssey. the quality of the side quests/writing really stands out after playing odyssey. the voice acting is great too. im getting more used to the combat but i still dont think its even as good as odyssey's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took me surprisingly long to finish my second playthrough of Persona 5 Royal. Was going to jump directly into Sekiro, but I think I need a palette cleanser before another long game so played a bit of Senran Kagura Estival Versus that I picked up in the CODEX sale instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    left white orchard, entered velen. this game is massive... think it's going to be even bigger than AC Odyssey. the quality of the side quests/writing really stands out after playing odyssey. the voice acting is great too. im getting more used to the combat but i still dont think its even as good as odyssey's
    Combat will be better when you begin facing more difficult enemies imo. Basic combat is simple but at some point depending on the difficulty youre on you will need to start planning your spells and potions for battles with contract enemies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took me surprisingly long to finish my second playthrough of Persona 5 Royal. Was going to jump directly into Sekiro, but I think I need a palette cleanser before another long game so played a bit of Senran Kagura Estival Versus that I picked up in the CODEX sale instead.
    after sekiro play spiderman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after sekiro play spiderman
    He hasnt played spiderman?

Wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you got that Genesis Mini?
    nah but I should

I bought/downloaded the Genesis collection online on my XBOX One , there was a big discount

Eventually I will get the Genesis Mini, better game catalogue than the collection the Genesis controllers are better for those old school games, and it's easy to install missing games

(evn though the catalog is good, I can't believe it doesn't include Super Hang On, Super Monaco GP and Outrun)

Thread Information