Page 214 of 376 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont know yet, still have some unanswered questions. since i have a pretty hefty ps4 backlog that could probably carry me into 2021, would have to know a few things

1 - price point, obviously. i have seen rumors that some canadian retailer website had pre-orders available for the equivalent of $400, which would be a pleasant surprise if true

2 - launch les. why rush into a new console if the only new games are meh? with God of War/Horizon/Bloodborne/Spiderman being the PS4 exclusive behemoths, would love to know if any of those will have sequels available either at launch or at least within the first x months

3 - extent of backwards compatibility. they said some conflicting things about to what extent PS4 games will be playable on the PS5. first they said the most popular games will be (most of the top 100 les), then they said they hoped for nearly all PS4 games to be available, so i'd have to compare that with my library

4 - in addition to backward compatibility, i wonder if playing PS4 games on the PS5 will have intrinsic performance boosts with things like load times. that alone would be an incentive to get the new console, not that i think the PS4 is terrible with that respect, but if i can upgrade the experience of the games i already have + have access to new stuff, its a consideration

with that said, its been ages since i've paid $50-60 for a game, and i dont anticipate PS5 games being cheap anytime soon...
    Pretty much why I don't expect to be buying either. Mostly agree with your points:

1. Price Point - While $500 will be really good for that level of hardware, I'll probably still be playing at 1080p for a while and PC + PS4 should hold me there for a couple of years I'm thinking. Rocking a lower midrange gpu in my PC since there is a lot of I want to play now... eg Sekiro, Control, Dark Souls 3, Ace Combat 7, Persona 4 Golden PC () and figure the I'm running should be ok for a couple of years before PS5 really starts to look must buy when maybe we have new Horizon and God of War, new GTA, new Elder Scrolls, etc.

2. Launch les - Since Sony's M.O. is to show their good games off around two to three years before release, I'm not expecting in the way of interesting exclusives until 2022. Man the launch exclusives on PS4 weren't appealing at all to me: eg Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, and InFamous Second Son. The only launch exclusive that I thought looked at all interesting was Ryse Son of Rome on XBox, but when I played it I got bored in about 30 minutes. Only Nintendo ever does launch les right. Though if the Demon's Souls remake ends up having better bossfights than the original I might have to eat my words.

3. Backward Compatibility - I'm guessing it'll have pretty much full PS4 BC. But they probably won't have enough quality assurance testing done to certify things as 100% at launch for all but the most popular games. I don't care really at all about BC though unless there are PS5 patches for better framerate, better textures, etc for PS4 games. Which is probably unlikely considering the hot rumor is they're hyping a PS5 remaster of Bloodborne (prob for $40) instead of just a PS5 patch for free.

4. Load Times - I generally don't find load times a problem on PS4, though I don't play Bethesda games on console (and those are slow even with an i7 and an SSD) and don't play online shooters where people really seem to care about loading in quickly.

5. Game Price - Yeah good point. Always nice to buy a console when you have a ton of great $20 to $30 games to choose from.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-10-2020 at 03:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man haven't played a game that required reflexes since God of War early last year, and my parrying is so far in Sekiro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much why I don't expect to be buying either. Mostly agree with your points:

1. Price Point - While $500 will be really good for that level of hardware, I'll probably still be playing at 1080p for a while and PC + PS4 should hold me there for a couple of years I'm thinking. Rocking a lower midrange gpu in my PC since there is a lot of I want to play now... eg Sekiro, Control, Dark Souls 3, Ace Combat 7, Persona 4 Golden PC () and figure the I'm running should be ok for a couple of years before PS5 really starts to look must buy when maybe we have new Horizon and God of War, new GTA, new Elder Scrolls, etc.

5. Game Price - Yeah good point. Always nice to buy a console when you have a ton of great $20 to $30 games to choose from.
    haven't done the math but i've probably spent less than $500 altogether on my PS4 and all the games i've bought for it... and that's a lot of content

would be pretty rash imo to drop 500 on a console and then another 200 just to have a few games. just doesnt make sense if i have enough content to last me for several months if not a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't done the math but i've probably spent less than $500 altogether on my PS4 and all the games i've bought for it... and that's a lot of content

would be pretty rash imo to drop 500 on a console and then another 200 just to have a few games
    LOL is there even anything out there that you don't own that you figure you'll buy other than stuff yet to release? (eg TLOU II, Cyberpunk)

I don't even usually give a about the big sales any more since I have pretty much everything I want thanks to sniping it when it was cheap. Judgment is the only game I'm still looking to buy and it just went on sale for $24, but I'm going to wait for the PC Gaming Show Saturday to see if Sega announces a PC port. Which I would then get not only for the 60 fps, but for the ability to play in Japanese too. Can't believe I can't play games in Japanese on PS4, especially for games like Yakuza and Persona that are fully voiced in Japanese. How hard would it have been to allow you turn on Japanese subs? But no gotta import from Japan if I want to play games in Japanese for the most part on PS4 (only non-Japan release PS4 game I have been able to play in full Japanese is NieR Automata).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL is there even anything out there that you don't own that you figure you'll buy other than stuff yet to release? (eg TLOU II, Cyberpunk)
    the only thing i'm really still somewhat on the lookout for would be blade, that should drop to 10-15 at some point. otherwise, Nioh 2, TLOU2 and Cyberpunk.

i had been price hunting for a lot of games (tomb raider trilogy, dark souls trilogy) which i found good deals on and bought cheap. some random solo les that i had been recommended either here or elsewhere (stick of truth, dying light)

and thats kind of the point, i basically got every game i wanted on this console (havent done any online gaming like COD) AND the console for collectively what just the console alone might cost for the ps5. doesnt make sense to dive in and start buying everything at launch retail prices. there would have to be a huge surprise launch le to really convince me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing i'm really still somewhat on the lookout for would be blade, that should drop to 10-15 at some point. otherwise, Nioh 2, TLOU2 and Cyberpunk.

i had been price hunting for a lot of games (tomb raider trilogy, dark souls trilogy) which i found good deals on and bought cheap. some random solo les that i had been recommended either here or elsewhere (stick of truth, dying light)

and thats kind of the point, i basically got every game i wanted on this console (havent done any online gaming like COD) AND the console for collectively what just the console alone might cost for the ps5. doesnt make sense to dive in and start buying everything at launch retail prices. there would have to be a huge surprise launch le to really convince me
    , forgot Nioh 2. Prob wait for that one to come to PC though. Kind of surprised blade hasn't gotten really cheap yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man haven't played a game that required reflexes since God of War early last year, and my parrying is so far in Sekiro.

Welcome to sekiro scrah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Welcome to sekiro scrah
    Pretty good game so far. Def need to get good tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're gonna need to make some room in your backlog soon, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knack 3 confirmed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK if God of War VII is a launch le I reserve the right to go back on my word about waiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK if God of War VII is a launch le I reserve the right to go back on my word about waiting.
    if there was a single piece of news that would change my tune from "yeah... i doubt i'm picking it up anytime near launch" to "i already got my pre-order in" that would probably be it tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good game so far. Def need to get good tho.
    oh yeah... steep learning curve for sure. the parry window did feel a bit more forgiving than other soulsborne les, but it better be considering how central the mechanic is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's for the Playstation 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if there was a single piece of news that would change my tune from "yeah... i doubt i'm picking it up anytime near launch" to "i already got my pre-order in" that would probably be it tbh
    Either that or Persona 3 FES port would get me to buy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either that or Persona 3 FES port would get me to buy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh

Also this was engineering lead on God of War 2018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh

Also this was engineering lead on God of War 2018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was actually talking about a PS4 le. I'll expand once I'm allowed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll allow you to expand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bruh dont give me hope like that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AKA when everyone else knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AKA when everyone else knows.
    Pretty much. Just giving raider a heads up he might need to make some room soon, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. Just giving raider a heads up he might need to make some room soon, tbh
    Give a vague sense of what type of game it is, .

Platforming, shooter. Give us something to work with.

Thread Information