Page 228 of 376 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also lol at Don Mattrick's answer to people who don't like the always-on DRM the XB1 was originally going to have (which would have ensured not being able to play used games for example)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New God of War rumored to be revealed next month in a State of Play

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New God of War rumored to be revealed next month in a State of Play
    Good news.

That means they're making serious progress on it. Maybe 25% of the way done?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news.

That means they're making serious progress on it. Maybe 25% of the way done?
    Rumor is it's coming Fall 2021, so if true they're way farther along than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true guess I'll get a PS5 in 2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true guess I'll get a PS5 in 2021
    how far did you get in sekiro scrah?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how far did you get in sekiro scrah?
    Not too far tbh. I have been spending more time immersing in Japanese to try to improve my comprehension and Sekiro doesn't really have enough dialogue to work well for that, so I had been playing Persona 4 Golden again but got kind of bored with that and have been replaying Yakuza 0 entirely in Japanese instead lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too far tbh. I have been spending more time immersing in Japanese to try to improve my comprehension and Sekiro doesn't really have enough dialogue to work well for that, so I had been playing Persona 4 Golden again but got kind of bored with that and have been replaying Yakuza 0 entirely in Japanese instead lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry man, only way to learn the language is to immerse a lot in it so if I can game in it with lots of dialogue and reading it's like 一石二鳥 (killing two birds with one stone) tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about Yakuza, I'm hopping back into it.

Tired of getting two shotted in Ghost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry man, only way to learn the language is to immerse a lot in it so if I can game in it with lots of dialogue and reading it's like 一石二鳥 (killing two birds with one stone) tbh.
    then do some ing rosetta stone on the side. gaming is gaming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then do some ing rosetta stone on the side. gaming is gaming
    Rosetta Stone is bull . When the am I going to need to learn to say This is a sea urchin. ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rosetta Stone is bull . When the am I going to need to learn to say This is a sea urchin. ?
    Watch Inuyasha raw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Inuyasha raw.
    Right now I'm watching Sailor Moon (pretty difficult, lots of girly slang) and Shirokuma Cafe (much much easier, cartoon for young children) to sentence mine words from as well as the book Tobira to learn grammar from. Though I usually watch with Japanese sub les since I'm focusing on learning words and sentences to make reading easier. 20 new words a day (in sentences for context) with reviews in anki (it's a virtual flash card program) is pretty doable so far and it has improved my reading speed quite a bit in the month or so I have been doing it. Much more than when I was just doing exercises out of the standard first and second year textbooks (Genki I & II -- Tobira is one of the standard third year books). Here is an example of what I mean by the virtual flash cards -- here's the front of one card from Sailor Moon:

Here Usagi is complaining to her mother about not being woken up in time for school and she says

もう!もっと早く起こしてよ!ママのバカ!
    Mou! Motto hayaku oko e yo! Mama no baka!

Damn! You were supposed to wake me up earlier, god! Dumbass mom!

And then on the back I'll have the word I wanted to learn and it's translation.. e.g,

もう
    Geez / Damn / God /

But not the translation of the sentence since I only put a sentence in if I understand it other than say one word.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now I'm watching Sailor Moon (pretty difficult, lots of girly slang) and Shirokuma Cafe (much much easier, cartoon for young children) to sentence mine words from as well as the book Tobira to learn grammar from. Though I usually watch with Japanese sub les since I'm focusing on learning words and sentences to make reading easier. 20 new words a day (in sentences for context) with reviews in anki (it's a virtual flash card program) is pretty doable so far and it has improved my reading speed quite a bit in the month or so I have been doing it. Much more than when I was just doing exercises out of the standard first and second year textbooks (Genki I & II -- Tobira is one of the standard third year books). Here is an example of what I mean by the virtual flash cards -- here's the front of one card from Sailor Moon:

Here Usagi is complaining to her mother about not being woken up in time for school and she says

もう!もっと早く起こしてよ!ママのバカ!
    Mou! Motto hayaku oko e yo! Mama no baka!

Damn! You were supposed to wake me up earlier, god! Dumbass mom!

And then on the back I'll have the word I wanted to learn and it's translation.. e.g,

もう
    Geez / Damn / God /

But not the translation of the sentence since I only put a sentence in if I understand it other than say one word.
    A question:

Why do you want to learn Japanese in depth like this?

Are you planning on moving over there where they hate foreigners like no other country I've seen?

Japanese to me is a cool language that I'm actively engaged to learn but not this deep. Basically I want to watch a show or movie without the subs one day.

I tried one of those dumb binaural sleeping videos in youtube. You dont learn .

Besides it's highly basic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question:

Why do you want to learn Japanese in depth like this?

Are you planning on moving over there where they hate foreigners like no other country I've seen?

Japanese to me is a cool language that I'm actively engaged to learn but not this deep. Basically I want to watch a show or movie without the subs one day.

I tried one of those dumb binaural sleeping videos in youtube. You dont learn .

Besides it's highly basic.
    Because I want to play games in their original language, read manga, and watch anime in the original language. I'm also part Japanese so it's a cultural thing too. Even being very very far from fluent, I pick up a lot of stuff in Japanese games that's not localized in the English version of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I need to add... the only way you're going to be able to watch TV and movies in Japanese without sub les is spending thousands of hours immersed in the language. So either move there or watch a ton of Japanese TV / anime / movies, play Japanese games, read Japanese manga / newspapers / novels, etc with no English sub les and no English translations. There are some things that are easy in Japanese like the sound system since it doesn't have tones like Chinese dialects or Vietnamese does, but most parts of it are pretty hard. The writing system is just a total mess since they stapled the Chinese writing system on top of the Japanese language maybe 1000-2000 years ago and then later created two "alphabets" (really syllabaries) called hiragana and katakana from those kanji, though those two are the same sounds but just different symbols (katakana is usually used for western loanwords for example). But there is no way to learn it without thousands of hours of exposure.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never understood buying an XBox One unless one is a huge fan of Halo or Forza. Series X makes a lot more sense since it's more powerful than PS5 and they're actually getting ports of all the good third party games now and they have added some hiqh quality first party studios in Obsidian and Ninja Theory. But XBox One was basically a failed HTPC and that campaign to target casuals made them cheap out on gpu and not give a about actually getting games people wanted. Don Mattrick really ed the XBox brand over thinking he'd make into another Wii but with television support.

The Series X reveal was still 1000x better than the XBox One reveal

I def see it that way and agree at this point, in retrospect.
    I was a xbox 360 guy. I did use that console as a home theater device, it was my home music steamer, etc. And basically didn't want to lose access to my old games.
    BUT OF COURSE I HAVEN'T TOUCHED A SINGLE old Xbox game since I got the XBone.

I def made a mistake. Waiting this long for FF7R and missing out on these PS only releases suck.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    you all, that Halo segment made me my pants glad they are going to be releasing it on PC from now on, literally no reason to buy an Xbox ever again unless of course there is a really nice limited edition console for a game i have a huge boner for like cyberpunk 2077

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost of Tsushima

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far my complaints about Ghost of Tsushima are similar to Odyssey. It's a large, pretty map that's a pain in the ass to traverse (before you can just fast travel) with almost nothing to do. There's just a host of check-some-boxes activities like bathing in hot springs, writing poems, finding shrines, liberating small villages, etc. Of course you're basically forced to participate in these activities so that you can get new gear and level up your skills.

The combat and main missions so far (still pretty early) are on point though. I'm almost wishing this was less of an open world game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty doubtful for the next 4-5 years at least since Sony is probably going to give a 60 fps patch for PS5 and market it as a PS5 game, considering how their PS5 exclusive launch lineup looks. We're only getting a port of Horizon Zero Dawn (and in two weeks) because it has already sold as many copies as it was ever going to on PS4 (it drops to $10 all the time now on PS4) and they're trying to expand the player base to build demand for the PS5 and the sequel coming in a couple of years on PS5. Great game BTW, highly worth the full $50 if you're not willing to wait for the CODEX Store to get it (and CODEX has been slow as lately). Kind of reminds me of a third person Far Cry but with better graphics and a more interesting world, and more combat options. If you're looking for a ninja game get Sekiro. CODEX Store has had that one forever and with the fan made patch you should be able to run it 120 fps with a little tweaking on your hardware if I remember right (hexacore i5 and a 1060 right?). I could swear Digital Foundry was running it at 120 fps on an RX 580 in one of their videos.
    I will definitely check out HZD, I have some funds in my Steam Wallet that need to be used.. I do have Sekiro and had the patch to unlock the FPS, but I ended up uninstalling the patch. Can't remember the issue it was causing but locked 60 FPS was better for me in the long run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New patch out for Tsushima that adds a harder difficulty but also adds one that babies you.

For now, normal is plenty for me.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Nice, hard was getting too easy tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New patch out for Tsushima that adds a harder difficulty but also adds one that babies you.

For now, normal is plenty for me.
    Haven't tried it tet, but the new lethal difficulty sounds interesting. I believe it makes all hits lethal (the enemy's and yours), with tighter groups on the dodges and parries.

Thread Information