Page 238 of 376 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice.. It's all good, I just bought a 2 TB Firecuda drive for games
    I just bought a 4TB three weeks ago and that er is already filled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just bought a 4TB three weeks ago and that er is already filled.
    Modern Warfare is gonna need it's own 4TB drive soon

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just finished Mafia DE. I found it very boring. All that ducking and shooting behind an object was just too much for me. And 3/4 of every mission is just driving. I didn't play the original, or I just don't remember I did, but yea, this was just not for me. The graphics look pretty nice, especially while driving... Oh, the game is also kinda glitchy and some animations are just weird. I thought it was cause it was the original version, but after I dowloaded the update it was still the same. It took me 6-7h to complete it while not skipping cut scenes. I am happy it got cracked, cause buying this would just disappoint me.

Mortal Kombat is just too big to download and finish that 4h story mode. I heard you also cant use the kryps so no unlocking in the cracked version. The game also feels kinda slow compared to 9 and 10.
    Avengers looked very bad from what i saw. Kinda like Anthem,
    So all that remains for me is wait for Cyberpunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Marvel Avengers game is 133 GBs
    Welp RDR2 is 117GB, unless you want to download the Fitgirl Repack which is 63GB but takes 3.5 hours to install on an 8 thread cpu. Might have to give this game a try again, especially now that I can play at 60 fps (my PC is just good enough to be around 60 fps with the settings tweaks Hardware Unboxed recommended in their two videos).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally beat the Cleric Beast in Bloodborne. As a mater of fact, I'm all the way up to the Blood-starved Beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In gaming purgatory atm. Waiting for Watch Dogs Legion on Friday

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i'm playing Yugioh: legacy of the duelist on the switch right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp RDR2 is 117GB, unless you want to download the Fitgirl Repack which is 63GB but takes 3.5 hours to install on an 8 thread cpu. Might have to give this game a try again, especially now that I can play at 60 fps (my PC is just good enough to be around 60 fps with the settings tweaks Hardware Unboxed recommended in their two videos).
    I just put RDR2 on hold until the 3070 arrives.. It looks too ing good on ultra to settle.. Hopefully I'm able to get in my order on the 29th..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just put RDR2 on hold until the 3070 arrives.. It looks too ing good on ultra to settle.. Hopefully I'm able to get in my order on the 29th..
    I use the settings Hardware Unboxed recommends and it barely looks different from all ultra, though since my card has 6GB I can still leave ultra textures on. I'd definitely wait for your 3070 though (hope you land one), as my 1660 Super is just barely enough to get a consistent 60 fps in the game with those settings so 1060 will probably struggle. About the only noticeable difference between their recommended settings and ultra is the nighttime illumination that looks way better on high (and same at ultra) since it's a framerate killer and they drop to medium in the game. They set water quality to medium too and it doesn't look great at first, but then in the advance settings you can claw back the visual quality by setting a few water settings to high so it looks like high settings water but performs like medium settings water. It's actually pretty impressive how much performance they could claw back with mostly minimal difference in visuals. Something like 65% higher performance with their tweaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use the settings Hardware Unboxed recommends and it barely looks different from all ultra, though since my card has 6GB I can still leave ultra textures on. I'd definitely wait for your 3070 though (hope you land one), as my 1660 Super is just barely enough to get a consistent 60 fps in the game with those settings so 1060 will probably struggle. About the only noticeable difference between their recommended settings and ultra is the nighttime illumination that looks way better on high (and same at ultra) since it's a framerate killer and they drop to medium in the game. They set water quality to medium too and it doesn't look great at first, but then in the advance settings you can claw back the visual quality by setting a few water settings to high so it looks like high settings water but performs like medium settings water. It's actually pretty impressive how much performance they could claw back with mostly minimal difference in visuals. Something like 65% higher performance with their tweaks.
    I have quite a few settings I'm willing to settle with lowered and I stay between 40-45 FPS.. the G-Sync keeps smooth but it still isn't 60 FPS+ smooth and ruins the immersion.. I found the global illumination, water physics, grass AA and shadows (can't remember the others) to be some of the most taxing.. I can't even run the global illumination at all it just isn't worth it.

I hope I get one of the 3070's too.. was gonna try Newegg because I don't like to pay taxes like my dear leader Trump. Do they go on sale at a set time or what? Never dealt with a GPU purchase that was in demand like these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have quite a few settings I'm willing to settle with lowered and I stay between 40-45 FPS.. the G-Sync keeps smooth but it still isn't 60 FPS+ smooth and ruins the immersion.. I found the global illumination, water physics, grass AA and shadows (can't remember the others) to be some of the most taxing.. I can't even run the global illumination at all it just isn't worth it.

I hope I get one of the 3070's too.. was gonna try Newegg because I don't like to pay taxes like my dear leader Trump. Do they go on sale at a set time or what? Never dealt with a GPU purchase that was in demand like these.
    Dude, Newegg has collected sales tax in Texas for like two years now, ever since Kennedy cast the deciding vote in South Dakota vs Wayfair. Probably have to go somewhere like B&H Photo if you want a chance at not paying sales tax, last I checked maybe a year ago they didn't collect from Texas buyers. I just buy from amazon now instead of newegg since amazon delivers way faster. Newegg has gone downhill ever since being bought out by the s and sales tax was the only advantage they had left until they started charging it too. Sad because Newegg was amazing 10-20 years ago. Good price, fast shipping, great customer support. Now it really has none of those. Only good thing about Newegg now is the site organization is still the best of the best, so I look up I want to buy on newegg and then get it on amazon.

I play RDR2 with those settings that would usually have me around 80 fps but they can drop into the high 50s occasionally because of cpu bottleneck (still running a 4C/8T Haswell Xeon E3-1231v3), and it actually looks pretty good even when it drops forcing adaptive sync in the Nvidia control panel... eg VSync on when over 60 fps, off when under. I don't know if their drivers just got better but adaptive sync looked terrible on my 970 back in like 2015 when I tried it with Witcher 3 and Crysis 3. But it looks good now.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-27-2020 at 12:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally beat the Cleric Beast in Bloodborne. As a mater of fact, I'm all the way up to the Blood-starved Beast.
    awesome game. once you've gotten that far, you shouldnt be worried about the game simply being "too hard" for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awesome game. once you've gotten that far, you shouldnt be worried about the game simply being "too hard" for you
    Yeah it's an amazing game. Took me awhile to figure out how to equip weapons and level up. I swear I was trying to kill that initial werewolf barehanded for the longest time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's an amazing game. Took me awhile to figure out how to equip weapons and level up. I swear I was trying to kill that initial werewolf barehanded for the longest time.
    brutal early learning curve, but great payoff. DLC is really good too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Newegg has collected sales tax in Texas for like two years now, ever since Kennedy cast the deciding vote in South Dakota vs Wayfair. Probably have to go somewhere like B&H Photo if you want a chance at not paying sales tax, last I checked maybe a year ago they didn't collect from Texas buyers. I just buy from amazon now instead of newegg since amazon delivers way faster. Newegg has gone downhill ever since being bought out by the s and sales tax was the only advantage they had left until they started charging it too. Sad because Newegg was amazing 10-20 years ago. Good price, fast shipping, great customer support. Now it really has none of those. Only good thing about Newegg now is the site organization is still the best of the best, so I look up I want to buy on newegg and then get it on amazon.

I play RDR2 with those settings that would usually have me around 80 fps but they can drop into the high 50s occasionally because of cpu bottleneck (still running a 4C/8T Haswell Xeon E3-1231v3), and it actually looks pretty good even when it drops forcing adaptive sync in the Nvidia control panel... eg VSync on when over 60 fps, off when under. I don't know if their drivers just got better but adaptive sync looked terrible on my 970 back in like 2015 when I tried it with Witcher 3 and Crysis 3. But it looks good now.
    Have you purchased something from there yourself to confirm or heard they started charging for it? But yeah, with the distribution center so close delivery will be next day and free w/ prime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you purchased something from there yourself to confirm or heard they started charging for it?
    Bought some games from them about a year and a half ago and got charged sales tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bought some games from them about a year and a half ago and got charged sales tax.
    Damn.. em then. Can't beat Amazon's speed and service but to save a little I would have waited a little longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if you don't have the DLC, buy it ASAP. It's on sale right now for $10. Best part of the game by far. The Old Hunters DLC is what makes Bloodborne the game of the century for me.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...EXPANSIONDLC03

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn.. em then. Can't beat Amazon's speed and service but to save a little I would have waited a little longer.
    Newegg actually snitched on their Connecticut customers so that they received bills from the state for sales tax on purchases going 4 or 5 years back. Only reason I bought anything from them after that was I got a newegg giftcard as a present but I'll never spend money there again unless they're a lot cheaper than amazon because the shipping sucks from newegg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honestly, if I was going to spend that much I think I'd be very tempted to aim for 3080. Not only because it's about 30% faster than 3070, but also because of the 10GB vs 8GB VRAM. Usually 80 series are pretty horrible value but this one is solid IMO, even better value than 3070. Also AMD is revealing their new gpus tomorrow. Leaks suggest the new big Navi should significantly outperform 3080 and maybe even beat the 3090 on rasterization, but only just edges out 2080 Ti on raytracing, so gets its teeth kicked in by 3080 on RT. And I strongly doubt they have any upscaling tech anywhere near as good as DLSS-2.0 looks right now.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-27-2020 at 05:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if you don't have the DLC, buy it ASAP. It's on sale right now for $10. Best part of the game by far. The Old Hunters DLC is what makes Bloodborne the game of the century for me.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...EXPANSIONDLC03
    I just did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you'll ing love it, some of the boss fights are incredible. Even better than the Sigrun Valkyrie fight in God of War. Don't beat the game before doing the DLC though, otherwise you'll have to start a new game and progress up to the point of being able to do the DLC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you'll ing love it, some of the boss fights are incredible. Even better than the Sigrun Valkyrie fight in God of War. Don't beat the game before doing the DLC though, otherwise you'll have to start a new game and progress up to the point of being able to do the DLC.
    Sigrun fight felt more mechanical, as almost every attack had a specific counter you had to be ready for. In that response Sigrun felt more like a Sekiro boss than a Soulsborne boss.

btw, i know you played on Give Me a Challenge. Sigrun was even harder on Give Me God of War, and in on NG+ she has an even more expanded moveset. GMGOW+ Sigrun was a different beast altogether

Bloodborne was so much more frantic and chaotic... a different approach altogether. especially the final DLC boss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally went back to RDR2, but on PC this time. Think I'm finally in the mood for a slow burn game like this. Been playing for a few days now and am enjoying it way more than I did at launch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is there much good reason to keep high honor in Red Dead 2? I had a guy try to horsejack me so I put a couple in his head but a witness saw me as I was moving the body, so I had to go kill him an dump him in the river. Then I saw a guy get killed by wolves so naturally I looted his body and then got an icon showing my honor had dropped. This game feels like it'll be so much more fun to play as a stick up man than honorable cowboy. Thoughts, spurraider21? Xevious? Don't know why this game didn't hook me when I played at launch but really enjoying it now.

Thread Information