Page 248 of 376 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isnt the entire setting of RDR2 fictional? in the state of Lemoyne? uses Saint Denis instead of New Orleans, etc
    It is, but they make reference to California, New York, etc instead of their GTA names for those locations.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm only familiar with their anime and game soundtracks. They're awesome, tbh.

Bleach has some pretty top notch music.

Shenmue really put Japan on the map for me, tbh. My respect is all due to it and Yu Suzuki-san.
    I really only try to learn songs from anime and games right now since I know I'm going to hear them all the time. Like right now I'm trying to memorize this song 言わないけどね (I won't say it, but (right?)) from this anime called からかい上手の高木さん (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, called Teasing Master Takagi-san in the US) that I have been watching lately. It's a little above my level since it's about 12-13 year-olds and I do better with stuff like しろくまカフェ (Shirokuma Cafe, or Polar Bear Cafe in English) targeted at say 9 year-olds. But it's funny and the writing is good. Here's the song:

Though I'll occasionally try to learn a song unrelated to anime / games if it's kind of easy and famous, like this huge hit from the 1960s called 上を向いて歩こう = ue wo muite arukou = look up when you walk.

Last edited by baseline bum; 12-12-2020 at 12:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Downloading Doom Eternal

If it has the ambience of the classic doom I will be happy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Downloading Doom Eternal

If it has the ambience of the classic doom I will be happy
    That game kicks ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That game kicks ass
    Nice cant wait to play it.

Having a bull kids bday party for my nephew. This day seems to drag slowly

Just wanna light up a bowl and play doom

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony has a delicious end of the year deal where they're knocking 70 to 80% of the prices of some of the most have games.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...dbf798e24bc9/1

baseline bum
    I just copped the base game Bloodborne for 13 bucks. Picked up Zone of the enders along the way for 7. spurraider21 should probably take this opportunity to grab P5 Royal the deluxe edition for 35. Or the normal version for 20. Maybe I should too, tbh.

Is it worth the extra 15 for the extra palace level. Base?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony has a delicious end of the year deal where they're knocking 70 to 80% of the prices of some of the most have games.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...dbf798e24bc9/1

baseline bum
    I just copped the base game Bloodborne for 13 bucks. Picked up Zone of the enders along the way for 7. spurraider21 should probably take this opportunity to grab P5 Royal the deluxe edition for 35. Or the normal version for 20. Maybe I should too, tbh.

Is it worth the extra 15 for the extra palace level. Base?
    Crap, Bloodborne with the DLC was $15 in the sale right before this one, and the DLC is must buy, best part of the game by far.

The only difference between the $35 deluxe edition and $30 regular edition of Persona 5 Royal is the deluxe edition comes with the Kasumi costumes for the other Persona and Shin Megami Tensei games. Eg say you like having your party wear the Gekkoukan High costumes in palaces / mementos so you can hear the battle theme Mass Destruction from Persona 3. You'd need the deluxe edition if you want Kasumi to have that costume too. Though the battle theme that plays depends only on what costume Joker is wearing. Also any version of P5R comes with all the DLC from P5.

Don't buy the normal Persona 5. I'd pay $30 and play Persona 5 Royal before I'd play Persona 5 for $0. Not only do you get the extra month and change plus new palace in Royal, but Morgana doesn't make you go to sleep all the time at night anymore. That alone largely gets rid of the time crunch you experience in regular Persona 5. You get more interaction with the Velvet Room twins, and they're hilarious. In negotiation with enemy personas Morgana now gives you hints how to approach them so you're not constantly looking at your phone to see what do I say to a Gloomy persona or how do I negotiate with an Irritable persona. There is another part of the city called Kichijoji with lots of extra to do, like ways to significantly up your SP, up the stats of your teammates, or customize their skills more. The story of the game is also better flushed out IMO with the new characters added, especially Akechi's story. Oh and you also get two more optional boss fights in Royal in addition to the extra boss fight from the new palace. And it's easier to fuse personas how you like since the fusion accidents can now be forced as opposed to being random.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice cant wait to play it.

Having a bull kids bday party for my nephew. This day seems to drag slowly

Just wanna light up a bowl and play doom
    Damn, dude who called it in January is having a COVID party?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, dude who called it in January is having a COVID party?
    Outdoors and w masks nig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not gonna play persona

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not gonna play persona
    Just pick up Royal now and you'll be ready for Strikers in February man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just put a bullet in his head as he sat next to his campfire crying. One of the few times you gain honor for killing in cold blood.
    Man it seems impossible to get the highest level honor no matter how many good deeds I do with my honor rating a step or two below max. And similarly, there is nothing I can seem to do to get minimum honor. Despite murdering a trainful of passengers with a sawed off, parking the train on a bridge over water and shooting every cop, and then going into St Denis and picking off every person and horse from the train I could never get my honor below a step or two above the minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man it seems impossible to get the highest level honor no matter how many good deeds I do with my honor rating a step or two below max. And similarly, there is nothing I can seem to do to get minimum honor. Despite murdering a trainful of passengers with a sawed off, parking the train on a bridge over water and shooting every cop, and then going into St Denis and picking off every person and horse from the train I could never get my honor below a step or two above the minimum.
    I really don't know about minimum honor. I never tried that as there are no benefits at all to having low honor. And maybe your honor is capped or something earlier in the game, because it will max out naturally through the progression of the story if you're playing with high honor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing , that part in Chapter 5 of RDR2 when you can't save for nearly two hours. Man I hate that when they string like six missions together with a ton of cutscenes and no way to save in between them if you want to turn the game off. On top of that one of the missions is just walking a pretty significant distance on the map, can't even steal a horse because no one is out on the roads. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to save in at least that section where there is literally nothing happening in the game. I have mostly enjoyed RDR2 since I picked it up again say a month and a half ago but that's piss poor game design to not have any save points in between so many missions strung together.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-19-2020 at 11:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing , that part in Chapter 5 of RDR2 when you can't save for nearly two hours. Man I hate that when they string like six missions together with a ton of cutscenes and no way to save in between them if you want to turn the game off. On top of that one of the missions is just walking a pretty significant distance on the map, can't even steal a horse because no one is out on the roads. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to save in at least that section where there is literally nothing happening in the game. I have mostly enjoyed RDR2 since I picked it up again say a month and a half ago but that's piss poor game design to not have any save points in between so many missions strung together.
    Persona 5 says hi, face. You know how many times I cursed that game because I'd get stuck in dialogue with one day running into the next with no opportunity to save? I'd just put my PS4 in sleep mode in hopes that I didn't have a power outage and have to restart that entire sequence again when returning.

And what part of Chapter 5 are you referring to?
    Last edited by Xevious; 12-20-2020 at 09:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's that one part I'm thinking of where you return to Shady Belle, there was literally a horse hitched to a light post at the very beginning of the trip for you to steal. That entire sequence was meant to be more cinematic than anything. Just put the horse in cruise control and listen to the tune that starts up.

But all in all, Chapter 5 is probably the most criticized part of the game. Guarma feels rushed and out of place. Almost all of the missions are strung together without a break - no freeroam available. It serves its purpose though as it hastens Dutch's decline into madness and Arthur's health problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Persona 5 says hi, face. You know how many times I cursed that game because I'd get stuck in dialogue with one day running into the next with no opportunity to save? I'd just put my PS4 in sleep mode in hopes that I didn't have a power outage and have to restart that entire sequence again when returning.

And what part of Chapter 5 are you referring to?
    There is no part of Persona 5 where you go an hour and a half between saves. I hated the Hawaii trip in it, but that was like 30-40 minutes if you read all the text. I liked the actual missions in Chapter 5, but there were so many places you should have been able to save where you couldn't. I must have run right by that horse in the return to Shady Belle, I saw a light and thought get the away from that I'm so wanted right now.

Also the PC version of the game crashes sometimes because, well, that's what Rockstar games do on PC. I had a crash right at the beginning of that five or six mission sequence in my first attempt and all I could think was how pissed I'd be if it did it again when I was an hour into that string of missions on the second attempt.

Oh well at least my Level 4 White Arabian is still alive. I bought a Black Arabian in St Denis since it has better base stats but stabled the thing quickly after seeing how ty even an awesome horse is at Level 1 once I got used to the White Arabian I had at Level 4, and can't stomach the thought of training another horse to Level 4 since it took so long with the White Arabian to do so.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-20-2020 at 09:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah ur supposed to take the horse thats waiting for you there and the game tells you to put it in cinematic mode and you get some nice music during an otherwise emotional moment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah ur supposed to take the horse thats waiting for you there and the game tells you to put it in cinematic mode and you get some nice music during an otherwise emotional moment
    I just ran the whole way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just ran the whole way
    did it queue up any particular music?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did it queue up any particular music?
    I don't think so. Just heard the big thunderstorm and noticed the world being completely empty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so. Just heard the big thunderstorm and noticed the world being completely empty.

The horse was tied up by a light post right when you get off the boat. It's the only thing lit up and the horse is uniquely colored so you don't miss it.

Thw game even prompts you to put the horse in cinematic view because there ain't to do except soak in the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The horse was tied up by a light post right when you get off the boat. It's the only thing lit up and the horse is uniquely colored so you don't miss it.

Thw game even prompts you to put the horse in cinematic view because there ain't to do except soak in the moment.

Crap maybe I went up the slope instead of the steps and was a ways away from that light. I usually don't like to do crimes in the towns either unless I can do them in an alley or something where I can easily kill witnesses. Never got that song playing when running to Shady Belle either. So Arthur got sick from the guy he beat up huh? Was dying laughing when I ran into his wife working as a hooker in St Denis in Chapter 4 lol.

OK so it should have been an hour and a half without a save instead of two hours if I hadn't played like a moron. Still way too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK so it should have been an hour and a half without a save instead of two hours if I hadn't played like a moron. Still way too long.
    No argument there. The Guarma missions should've had breaks between them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No argument there. The Guarma missions should've had breaks between them.
    Should have had a save point once you got into Van Horn too. And the horse should have been a quest marker or something if that mission was designed around taking that specific horse, which it obviously seems like it was from the video you posted. I was thinking there would be Pinkertons everywhere so best not to even set foot in Van Horn once I got off the boat so stayed off the roads as much as I could around there until I realized I need to find someone to rob for his horse since running was going to take forever even if I was cutting through a bunch of swamp and streams.

Thread Information