Page 255 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255
Results 6,351 to 6,356 of 6356
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about resetting to factory settings via safe mode? Re initiating your PS4 would theoretically put your PS4 to the version you bought it in, no?
    Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about resetting to factory settings via safe mode? Re initiating your PS4 would theoretically put your PS4 to the version you bought it in, no?
    This is the one and only known way to revert to a lower firmware on PS4. Anything else you see is a scam.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the one and only known way to revert to a lower firmware on PS4. Anything else you see is a scam.

Wow that's re ed.

Out at "solder" onto motheboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that's re ed.

Out at "solder" onto motheboard.
    No console wants you ever downgrading firmware so they all put traps to keep you from being able to do it. I don't know how Sony does it on PS4 but for instance on Switch every time you do a firmware upgrade through official update it burns a microscopic fuse in the cpu so that it is impossible to boot the system on a lower firmware than the one burned into the cpu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most consoles burn fuses on system updates. That's write once, so it's easy to detect if you downgraded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No console wants you ever downgrading firmware so they all put traps to keep you from being able to do it. I don't know how Sony does it on PS4 but for instance on Switch every time you do a firmware upgrade through official update it burns a microscopic fuse in the cpu so that it is impossible to boot the system on a lower firmware than the one burned into the cpu.
    Most consoles burn fuses on system updates. That's write once, so it's easy to detect if you downgraded.
    Ingenious.

Makes me respect them the more for it.

PC master race can’t keep chumps like me from pirating .

Thread Information