Page 262 of 376 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Girlfriend Reviews not a fan of Persona 5 Royal.

Get in here spurraider21
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-26-2021 at 12:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn MLB The Show 20 on PSN for $5. Get in here Reck, figured you'd be interested in this one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn MLB The Show 20 on PSN for $5. Get in here Reck, figured you'd be interested in this one.
    Been had it.

EDIT:

But WTF, I could have swore I bought the physical copy though. Turns out, digital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Girlfriend Reviews not a fan of Persona 5 Royal.

Get in here spurraider21
    She makes some good points. Have to sit through fifteen minutes of dialogue only to get thrown into a loading screen and then forced to read through a long group text recapping the conversation we just had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She makes some good points. Have to sit through fifteen minutes of dialogue only to get thrown into a loading screen and then forced to read through a long group text recapping the conversation we just had.
    I'm surprised she didn't mention the summer trip. Even as a huge fan of the series I dread the summer trips in every game (well every one since PS2) where it's 30-40 minutes of reading. The summer trip in Persona 4 is especially bad since you have to listen to a lecture from a mind numbingly boring teacher from Persona 3. The tutorial intros are pretty rough too. Last time I played Persona 4 I played it in Japanese, and that intro tutorial took so ing long to read as someone who is still not a great Japanese reader. It was like 5x the frustration of doing the tutorial intro in English.

Still, love the games once you get past the intro.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised she didn't mention the summer trip. Even as a huge fan of the series I dread the summer trips in every game (well every one since PS2) where it's 30-40 minutes of reading. The summer trip in Persona 4 is especially bad since you have to listen to a lecture from a mind numbingly boring teacher from Persona 3. The tutorial intros are pretty rough too. Last time I played Persona 4 I played it in Japanese, and that intro tutorial took so ing long to read as someone who is still not a great Japanese reader. It was like 5x the frustration of doing the tutorial intro in English.
    Something tells me she quit halfway through. She had to fill time by doing a dumb meme song just to get the video to the sponsor for the last 2 minutes. lol

If she thinks the main quest was a chore, what did she think about the grind you have to do in Mementos?

Regarding the trip, I found it...constructive. It allows you to work on your confidant ranks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its been over a decade since ive owned a baseball game. $5 is nothing, but im already skeptical that im ever going to get through my backlog.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider... its as good if not better than the first one. seriously, this series is underrated as . i think its simply superior product to Uncharted. i guess uncharted has better story/characters/humor... but the tomb raider gameplay is just miles better.

i know the games arent exactly 1 to 1... uncharted is even more linear, while tomb raider has more of the metroidvania mechanics to it, but the gunplay, exploration, parkour, puzzles, etc is all just better in tomb raider.

looking forward to playing shadow of the tomb raider in the future as well (already have it, in my backlog)
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-31-2021 at 03:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider... its as good if not better than the first one.
    You don't miss the snuff film sequences though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't miss the snuff film sequences though?

love that vid

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider... its as good if not better than the first one. seriously, this series is underrated as . i think its simply superior product to Uncharted. i guess uncharted has better story/characters/humor... but the tomb raider gameplay is just miles better.

i know the games arent exactly 1 to 1... uncharted is even more linear, while tomb raider has more of the metroidvania mechanics to it, but the gunplay, exploration, parkour, puzzles, etc is all just better in tomb raider.

looking forward to playing shadow of the tomb raider in the future as well (already have it, in my backlog)
    ROTR blew me away the first time i played it. I finally got around to playing SOTR about a year ago and while it was not as good it was still really solid. Really hope they make a 4th entry in the reboot series.

Imo though Uncharted 4 >>>> any of the TR games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROTR blew me away the first time i played it. I finally got around to playing SOTR about a year ago and while it was not as good it was still really solid. Really hope they make a 4th entry in the reboot series.

Imo though Uncharted 4 >>>> any of the TR games
    UC4 was pretty good, but because the game was very pretty and cinematic. to be sure, that's part of the art of making great games, but i still think the gameplay in that one wasn't as good as tomb raider. sure you got the grappling hook, but tomb raider already has superior mechanics than that going back to the 2013 one. the combat in uncharted always felt like a chore. i dont remember that being much different in #4.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    UC4 was pretty good, but because the game was very pretty and cinematic. to be sure, that's part of the art of making great games, but i still think the gameplay in that one wasn't as good as tomb raider. sure you got the grappling hook, but tomb raider already has superior mechanics than that going back to the 2013 one. the combat in uncharted always felt like a chore. i dont remember that being much different in #4.
    Fair assessment. The combat is definitely better in TR but UC4 clearly had a lot of inspiration from the success of Last of Us and Naughty Dog implemented that into the way they told the story which was probably why i liked it so much. ROTR story is solid but it's definitely not the highlight of the game whereas UC4 I felt was a storytelling masterpiece. just my opinion though.

when i first played UC4 i had never played any of the uncharted games. I had just bought the UC4 limited edition PS4 after my old one had broken and i was blown away. i played the previous three right after that and the only one I felt was even in the discussion was part 2. It's been awhile since i played it though, now i kinda wanna go back and do it again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair assessment. The combat is definitely better in TR but UC4 clearly had a lot of inspiration from the success of Last of Us and Naughty Dog implemented that into the way they told the story which was probably why i liked it so much. ROTR story is solid but it's definitely not the highlight of the game whereas UC4 I felt was a storytelling masterpiece. just my opinion though.

when i first played UC4 i had never played any of the uncharted games. I had just bought the UC4 limited edition PS4 after my old one had broken and i was blown away. i played the previous three right after that and the only one I felt was even in the discussion was part 2. It's been awhile since i played it though, now i kinda wanna go back and do it again
    i will completely concede that the UC series is significantly better from a story-telling standpoint. tomb raider's plots (i've played 1 in full, near the end of 2) are pretty mumbo jumbo, the characters arent very interesting. naughty dog always nails the narrative aspect of games (which i do appreciate). drake is also just a lot funnier than Lara, and there's nobody on TR to match Sully

my point of TR > UC is limited to gameplay, and i dont think it's close. i find gameplay to be the most important thing, with narrative being a tiebreaker of sorts to help me set them apart after the fact. i think that aside from the combat, the gameplay and mechanics of tomb raider are actually pretty close to God of War... but God of War was also outstanding from a narrative perspective (great plot, good characters, meaningful side missions, etc) and visuals, which is why i have it as the GOAT. best of all worlds, all in one game with addicting combat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished rise of the tomb raider. fantastic gameplay through and through, but dont want to beat the dead horse

i got a free digital copy of DragonBall Z: Kakarot

man they really took a beautifully animated game, which is incredibly faithful to the source material, and managed to turn it into a ty gameplay RPG + arena battler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished rise of the tomb raider. fantastic gameplay through and through, but dont want to beat the dead horse

i got a free digital copy of DragonBall Z: Kakarot

man they really took a beautifully animated game, which is incredibly faithful to the source material, and managed to turn it into a ty gameplay RPG + arena battler.
    Damn you'll play a ty Dragonball game but won't play Persona 5 because it's too weebish? smh son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you'll play a ty Dragonball game but won't play Persona 5 because it's too weebish? smh son
    Nostalgia is the only reason I haven’t already thrown in the towel tbh. Gonna play either Nioh or Dark Souls 2 next

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the plot of those games still the same from 15 years ago? They keep doing the same sagas every game. Specifically they love to milk the Cell saga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bought a oculus quest 2, it's going to take me awhile to get used to the motion sickness in the beginning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bought a oculus quest 2, it's going to take me awhile to get used to the motion sickness in the beginning
    Don't forget the optional add-ons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why am I just now hearing about CDkeys? They have so many delicious discount is not even funny.

Bought a 1 year PS+ sub for 25 dollars.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum Do you mean to tell me Nier Replicant is basically a new game? Pricing would indicate so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum Do you mean to tell me Nier Replicant is basically a new game? Pricing would indicate so.
    No, it looks like a light remaster of the PS3 game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops, forget what I said. I just looked at IGN's most recent video and the combat looks quite a bit different, much faster pace and more like Automata's. Grapically it's a light remaster with a doubled framerate but the combat looks much better. This strikes me as more a $50 game or even a $40 game from what I've seen, but since you liked Automata I think you'll like this too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops, forget what I said. I just looked at IGN's most recent video and the combat looks quite a bit different, much faster pace and more like Automata's. Grapically it's a light remaster with a doubled framerate but the combat looks much better. This strikes me as more a $50 game or even a $40 game from what I've seen, but since you liked Automata I think you'll like this too.
    I was about to say.

Going by what Twitter people are saying I was under the impression it was like a brand new game with at least added story. If not then I’m going to pass on this one.

Gameplay being a bit faster doesn’t move the needle for me.

Thread Information