Page 270 of 376 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just picked up Nier Replicant since I really want to play the remaster and since I'm just about to beat Spiderman. Nice that Walmart sells new games $10 cheaper, I guess as some kind of loss leader, than other retailers. Best Buy and Gamestop are usually the best if the game has been out 6+ months, but Walmart's definitely best when you buy a game near launch. Reck man, since you were thinking of getting this game get it from Walmart if you do. It's $60 everywhere else AFAIK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting up quick and being able to do attacks from the ground are skill tree upgrades.
    thank god. will find those branches of the skill tree and prioritize

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just picked up Nier Replicant since I really want to play the remaster and since I'm just about to beat Spiderman. Nice that Walmart sells new games $10 cheaper, I guess as some kind of loss leader, than other retailers. Best Buy and Gamestop are usually the best if the game has been out 6+ months, but Walmart's definitely best when you buy a game near launch. Reck man, since you were thinking of getting this game get it from Walmart if you do. It's $60 everywhere else AFAIK.
    just spider-man or also miles morales?

also let me know how replicant is. i enjoyed automata quite a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Monster Hunter games be solo'ed? Kind of tempted to grab Iceborn in the new sale.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll get it before summer is out. Got a few games lined up I want to play first, namely Mass Effect which comes out in 2 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just spider-man or also miles morales?

also let me know how replicant is. i enjoyed automata quite a bit.
    Just base game Spiderman. I don't want to play Miles Morales right after and get burned out on it, same way I don't play more than two Yakuza games per year. Though I might make an exception for the new Yakuza since it's a completely new style of game, eg a turn based RPG.

From playing the original Nier on 360, I think the storyline and characters are way better in Nier Replicant than NieR Automata. World itself is more interesting in NieR Automata. Music is better in Automata, though still a standout in Replicant. A few kind of minor characters and minor sidequests of NieR Automata are major characters and plotpoints of Nier Replicant. Nier Replicant is a really cool commentary on justice and war, and Yoko Taro was inspired to write the game by 9/11 and the Iraq War. Nier Replicant is a lot of fetch quests in the early game though which turns a lot of people off, because in the early game your sister is sick and you're a kid who will do anything for a few dollars to help take care of her. Also you have to do something annoying to get to the main three endings: namely, getting every single weapon in the game. Although it's nowhere near as bad as it was in Drakengard, the game Nier Replicant is a loose sequel to. Still, I'm glad Yoko Taro got rid of that mechanic in NieR Automata.

IDK, Replicant is a flawed game with some dated aspects like the weapon collecting and fetch quests. And yet it's such a cool story and so much fun to play the main character (who is presumably named Nier but you can choose your own name) and to see everyone's stories develop. It has been a real cult hit for years for people who powered through the early fetch quest heavy part of the game that caused reviewers to completely all over it and make it such a massive commercial flop. Thankfully this remake seems to be selling really well though and getting a very positive reception from people who play it.

I imagine it'll be a while before it hits $20 but if you bought it at $30 I don't think you'd regret it having enjoyed NieR Automata.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-12-2021 at 02:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll get it before summer is out. Got a few games lined up I want to play first, namely Mass Effect which comes out in 2 days.
    Damn I have never played any of that series. And won't be starting it anytime soon with all the I have bought the last 3 months.

But still want to play it at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoyed Spiderman a lot, think the review sites that gave it 8/10 underrated it a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoyed Spiderman a lot, think the review sites that gave it 8/10 underrated it a little.
    thought it was a really good game, too. was the first game i played when i got my PS4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thought it was a really good game, too. was the first game i played when i got my PS4
    Too bad the plat is so close but just out of reach. No way I'm going to go and get the 18 challenge tokens I need for four suits. Also are some of the suits hidden behind the DLC? Not really in the mood to play the DLC right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad the plat is so close but just out of reach. No way I'm going to go and get the 18 challenge tokens I need for four suits. Also are some of the suits hidden behind the DLC? Not really in the mood to play the DLC right now.
    as far as i remember, the DLC suits are purely cosmetic and have no abilities

off the top of my head, the only suits abilities that really mattered are the first one that fills your focus meter, spider bro drone, and i cant remember what its called but the one where you spin and web literally everything around you. that was OP

the iron spider one was also kinda cool but mostly because it looked awesome and called back to MCU

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Just base game Spiderman. I don't want to play Miles Morales right after and get burned out on it, same way I don't play more than two Yakuza games per year. Though I might make an exception for the new Yakuza since it's a completely new style of game, eg a turn based RPG.
    Miles Morales is pretty short, you can probably beat the entire main storyline in 4-5 hours

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I'm in the 2nd to last chapter of a plague tale...this game was surprisingly pretty good, really solid story and graphics. Totally worth the $10 i paid for it

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    also Returnal... ing game is frustrating as . Might finally have to break down and look up a walkthrough guide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miles Morales is pretty short, you can probably beat the entire main storyline in 4-5 hours
    Doubtful. Howlongtobeat.com has the playtime for the original at 33 hours for a completionist and I'm at 46 hours with the base game beat but without any of the DLC played.

Besides, I want to come back to Miles Morales later since it's a separate game. Don't want to play a game so similar right after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in the 2nd to last chapter of a plague tale...this game was surprisingly pretty good, really solid story and graphics. Totally worth the $10 i paid for it
    You check anything in the Golden Week Sale? Today is the last day. Well technically I think the sale ends at 8AM CST tomorrow. I couldn't resist Dragon's Crown Pro for $5 and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir for $18. Kind of tempted by Sakura Wars for $30 but being the game is mostly visual novel with some mech combat I think I'm just going to import the Japanese version.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also Returnal... ing game is frustrating as . Might finally have to break down and look up a walkthrough guide
    Game is too skill dependent and then you throw in needing crazy luck with good weapons. Also dont appreciate you need to make your way through waves of enemies before getting to the boss. It looks like the last patch made it so there are a lot more health drops along the way though.

How far along are you btw? I haven't played this game in over a week. Doubt I'll ever touch it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only been playing Nier Replicant about an hour and already hyped by the way they have updated the moveset from what it was on the 360/PS3 original. I like the way the soundtrack has been remixed too and Nier the older brother feels so much more in line with the story than Nier the father that we got in the western release of the original game (Nier as the brother was only available on the Japanese PS3 release). Fully expect this game will go down in my top 5 released on PS4. Also LOL that they make it so you can chain rolls to move way faster just like everyone used to do in Ocarina of Time. Seems like there were at least a couple of shout outs to Zelda in this game last time I played it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game is too skill dependent and then you throw in needing crazy luck with good weapons. Also dont appreciate you need to make your way through waves of enemies before getting to the boss. It looks like the last patch made it so there are a lot more health drops along the way though.

How far along are you btw? I haven't played this game in over a week. Doubt I'll ever touch it again.
    Let’s tekken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were right about Spiderman, just finished that today, amazing game. Completely sold on Insomniac now and can't wait for Rift Apart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were right about Spiderman, just finished that today, amazing game. Completely sold on Insomniac now and can't wait for Rift Apart.
    It’s one of my best ps4 experiences tbh. The combat in Spider-Man was super fun man, specially with the ratchet and clank inspired weapons system etc. But I think the story is the best part of this game.

And honestly while some side quest was tedious, the swinging in the game was just way too damn good that it’s hard not to enjoy it.

I’m disappointed that the next game would feature Tom Halland as the Spider-Man, honestly whoever was in the first game did an amazing job tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only been playing Nier Replicant about an hour and already hyped by the way they have updated the moveset from what it was on the 360/PS3 original. I like the way the soundtrack has been remixed too and Nier the older brother feels so much more in line with the story than Nier the father that we got in the western release of the original game (Nier as the brother was only available on the Japanese PS3 release). Fully expect this game will go down in my top 5 released on PS4. Also LOL that they make it so you can chain rolls to move way faster just like everyone used to do in Ocarina of Time. Seems like there were at least a couple of shout outs to Zelda in this game last time I played it.
    Miss nier and tempted to play replicant but in general remakes have way too many outdated mechanics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I have never played any of that series. And won't be starting it anytime soon with all the I have bought the last 3 months.

But still want to play it at some point.
    Get it and give it priority. It’s even better now.

All the loading is basically gone. They took out the barriers developers make to restrict access so the game can load etc. For example they had a wall dividing two large rooms in the previous iterations that are now gone. You can just walk straight through.

The PS5 SSD will only make it that bit faster if you play it on there instead of the PS4 which lets be honest, if you have a PS5 there is no reason to even touch 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get it and give it priority. It’s even better now.

All the loading is basically gone. They took out the barriers developers make to restrict access so the game can load etc. For example they had a wall dividing two large rooms in the previous iterations that are now gone. You can just walk straight through.

The PS5 SSD will only make it that bit faster if you play it on there instead of the PS4 which lets be honest, if you have a PS5 there is no reason to even touch 4.
    I sold my PS4 already, of course I'm not playing anything on it.

I have way too much great on deck to add a 3 game series to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got RE8 for Ps5. Was going to get it on PC but I hear the game has some nice dual sense controls so figured why not. Its gotten pretty good reviews

Thread Information