Page 275 of 376 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 9381
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without thinking about it twice it’s better then Dying Light and both Nier games. And I really...really love Automata. But Let’s keep it real.

I would argue P5 as well. But I would rate P5 higher base on the content and story which are all solid.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without thinking about it twice it’s better then Dying Light and both Nier games. And I really...really love Automata. But Let’s keep it real.

I would argue P5 as well. But I would rate P5 higher base on the content and story which are all solid.
    Ridiculous, nowhere near as good as any of those three

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridiculous, nowhere near as good as any of those three
    Well I don’t want to argue what’s on your personal best games because that’s up to you but in terms of public acclaim we know where certain games stand. I don’t make the rules.

I happen to think for example TLOU2 is hot trash but it has universal acclaim.

BTW, where is Spider-Man, Batman Arkham, Metal Gear Solid 5 on your list? It’s why I gave you the benefit of the doubt on forgetting some heavy hitters. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I don’t want to argue what’s on your personal best games because that’s up to you but in terms of public acclaim we know where certain games stand. I don’t make the rules.

I happen to think for example TLOU2 is hot trash but it has universal acclaim.

BTW, where is Spider-Man, Batman Arkham, Metal Gear Solid 5 on your list? It’s why I gave you the benefit of the doubt on forgetting some heavy hitters. lol
    Spiderman's really good but not a top 10 game for me, haven't played Metal Gear Solid 5, and never have been very interested in the Batman games. Uncharted 4 is like an 18 hour game and storyline is kind of corny. Graphics are amazing and gameplay is fun but if a game is going to be short it has to be great in every other facet (eg like The Last of Us, but I didn't count it because it's just a straight remaster of a PS3 game).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted 4 >>>> Ghost of Tsushima tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncharted 4 >>>> Ghost of Tsushima tbh
    That's like saying Honda >>>> Porsche

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night since I don't want to start anything big right before Intergrade and Rift Apart come out. Damn forgot how awesome this game is. Looks really great on the Duckstation emulator at 1080p too, though game looks way better without turning on any smoothing filters or antialiasing, game is definitely best with all the pixels visible. But the 1080p rendering gets rid of the bluriness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, nothing to knock bb about... everybody has their faves... Persona, Yakuza and Witcher wouldn't be on my top 10 either...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boooooo. Only thing Uncharted 4 had on NieR Automata was graphics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boooooo. Only thing Uncharted 4 had on NieR Automata was graphics.
    They're different games... I sorta hate these kind of discussions because it's all about tastes, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Witcher combat is so bad that there’s no way it would make my personal top 10. But it’s objectively better than a ridiculously short game like automata

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're different games... I sorta hate these kind of discussions because it's all about tastes, tbh
    Ratchet is GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you ask me, nothing touches GOW on the PS4 gen. That game had everything, great story, amazing looks, great camera work, extremely well done combat, polished mechanics, top notch audio, attention to detail. It was just an engrossing experience.
    Maybe the biggest knock is that replayability isn't great, which is common with major productions like that. They're really interactive movies. Something you pick up maybe every couple of years to just re-live the experience.

There's a lot of that with Naughty Dog as well. TLOU just wasn't thematically my favorite, and I really disliked having to play that other character in TLOU II. I don't know about the last Uncharted (which I thought was very good, but not great), but I played the trilogy on PS4 as well, and it's just such a great series.

I thought AC Origins was sort of a reboot of that franchise, and Egypt was just the right place. That's probably on my top 10 as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Witcher combat is so bad that there’s no way it would make my personal top 10. But it’s objectively better than a ridiculously short game like automata
    Automata's not a short game. Did you stop playing it after Ending A?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sorta hate these kind of discussions because it's all about tastes, tbh
    Yep. True enough which is why I didn't want to get on a heated back and forth.

I also tend to have a first negative opinion of first person games. There are few games that I like that are in first person. When I think of first person done well I immediately think of Dishonored. I bring that game up all the time. Such a homer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got a code around for Disco Elysium Final Cut? looks real interesting. I'm about to splurge on the PS store right now. I'm bored and looking for something new to play even though I have almost 20 new games to play.

So far looking through their extended state of play sales where they got a few good games in there real cheap. Thus far I have nabbed Return to Arkham and Project Cars 2 for a grand total of 20 bucks.

I'm seriously addicted to buying on the store now. baseline bum weren't you looking to play Dishonored? They have a bundle going for Dishonored 2 and Prey. Two solid Arkane games right there. Though Dishonored 1 is still far superior in my opinion.
    So I’ve been playing this game for the past week. Almost at the end.

It’s a good game but it’s basically a motion book. No combat gameplay at all. It’s basically you go to person A, have a 30 minute conversation and then on to the next person. The voice acting though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i definitely liked Nier Automata more than Uncharted 4. tbh i felt Tomb Raider and ROTR were superior to Uncharted. not quite sure where i'd put dying light. it was definitely a good game... probably not quite as good as uncharted and tomb raider, but still very good. spiderman definitely cracks my top 10 of PS4 era. arkham knight was also really good but weighed down by fckn batmobile

without putting them in order (except GOW #1) and just off the top of my head from what i've played so far, my top 10 of the generation... i'm thinking God of War, Nier Automata, Spider-Man, RDR2, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Horizon, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, Celeste probably make it. subject to revision if i think on it more.

have not played Shadow of the Tomb Raider yet, but i imagine that will be up there as well. still havent played TLOU2, Dark Souls 2/3, Days Gone.

honorable mentions to RE2, Dying Light, Witcher 3. not sure if i should count remasters like Dark Souls 1 and Shadow of the Colossus (RE2 was a remake, not just remaster). ratchet and clank was also great, thinking on it more
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-08-2021 at 05:26 PM.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Past gen for me:

1. Last of Us Part 2
    2. Witcher 3
    3. HZD
    4. Nier Automata
    5. Dying Light
    6. GOW
    7. Dark Souls 3
    8. Uncharted 4
    9. Rise of the Tomb Raider
    10. Resident Evil 2 Remake

really is tough trying to put a list together as most of the games after the top 2 are really interchangeable. I really enjoyed GoW but I didn't think it was the masterpiece a lot of posters here think it was. agree with baseline bum on Dying Light though, that game was the s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly all I care about is story. Gameplay is secondary to me. If you dont have a good story then I lose interest on the game quick.

Devil May Cry 5 and Yakuza 0 for example have solid story but complicated controls, imo. Between the different fighting styles and different combinations of buttons it makes it a bit confusing so you have to keep playing the game without long breaks in between because re-learning the controls is a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    without putting them in order (except GOW #1) and just off the top of my head from what i've played so far, my top 10 of the generation... i'm thinking God of War, Nier Automata, Spider-Man, RDR2, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Horizon, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, Celeste probably make it. subject to revision if i think on it more.
    God damn it, forgot to put RDR2 on my list, guess since I played it on PoorC ( is amazing at 60 fps). OK, my revised top 10 for last gen:

1. Bloodborne
    2. NieR Automata
    3. Persona 5 Royal
    4. Dying Light
    5. God of War
    6. Red Dead Redemption 2
    7. Ghost of Tsushima
    8. Nier Replicant
    9. Yakuza 0
    10. Witcher 3

Still haven't played TLOU Part II so that could go in my top 10 for the gen too. Same for Dragon Quest XI S and Final Fantasy VII Remake. Otherwise pretty much played everything I wanted to already from last gen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly... for me after RDR2 and TLoU2 there is a big gap. Then I'd have GoW, Horizon, Spiderman, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3, Dying Light and maybe a couple others all pretty interchangeable. There are some like Nier Automata and Ghosts of Tsushima that I just couldn't get into and finish. That isn't because of the game though, it's all me. I'm getting older, my time is limited, and my attention span has gone down the ter.

I'm kind of with Joseph Kony on GoW though. Technically amazing game, but still overrated. It almost made the list of games that I didn't finish. I just found it boring at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly... for me after RDR2 and TLoU2 there is a big gap. Then I'd have GoW, Horizon, Spiderman, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3, Dying Light and maybe a couple others all pretty interchangeable. There are some like Nier Automata and Ghosts of Tsushima that I just couldn't get into and finish. That isn't because of the game though, it's all me. I'm getting older, my time is limited, and my attention span has gone down the ter.

I'm kind of with Joseph Kony on GoW though. Technically amazing game, but still overrated. It almost made the list of games that I didn't finish. I just found it boring at times.
    Did you play God of War on one of the hard difficulties? I don't think I would have liked the game nearly as much on the default difficulty, as on Give Me Challenge it felt a lot like a Souls game in combat, including Sigrun (final valkyrie) being a really difficult bossfight. Though the game did just feel like a big victory lap after beating her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really is tough trying to put a list together as most of the games after the top 2 are really interchangeable. I really enjoyed GoW but I didn't think it was the masterpiece a lot of posters here think it was. agree with baseline bum on Dying Light though, that game was the s
    I just hope Dying Light 2 is decent on a controller, as I'm definitely getting that one for PS5. Played on PC with mouse and keyboard in the original, but no way I want to spend $850 to get a PS5 level gpu these days in addition to another $500 to upgrade my board / cpu / ram as well as dumping a $200 for a 1TB PCIE 4.0x4 SSD (and no way I'm buying an SSD less than 1TB in 2021). JFC more than $1500 to upgrade my PC to PS5 level hardware, no ing thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you play God of War on one of the hard difficulties? I don't think I would have liked the game nearly as much on the default difficulty, as on Give Me Challenge it felt a lot like a Souls game in combat, including Sigrun (final valkyrie) being a really difficult bossfight. Though the game did just feel like a big victory lap after beating her.
    play give me god of war on NG+ and fight sigrun again

Thread Information