Page 281 of 376 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just past the part sniping zombies by the ski lift with Tommy.
    Ah nice so you haven't gotten to play as Abby yet. I think that flashback was right after Hillcrest. That area was a pain in the ass on grounded.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah nice so you haven't gotten to play as Abby yet. I think that flashback was right after Hillcrest. That area was a pain in the ass on grounded.
    Yeah I have, right before the golf outing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I have, right before the golf outing.
    Oh right I meant like when it switches to her for half the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh right I meant like when it switches to her for half the game
    off and stop telling me spoilers lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what other people say, I love that ing game. I've done a couple playthroughs and will probably do a new game+ on grounded whenever it is I get a PS5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what other people say, I love that ing game. I've done a couple playthroughs and will probably do a new game+ on grounded whenever it is I get a PS5.
    I don't understand the hate this game gets. Yeah I liked Joel too but what happened was great for the story. I will say I should have played this on PS4 long before I got a PS5. The 60 fps is nice but I don't think it adds a whole lot to the game since the environments are so dark that you usually don't pay much attention to the framerate. Plus base PS4 was a locked 30 fps from benchmarks I have seen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I liked Joel too but what happened was great for the story.
    no

I mean yes, that was part of the problem but people had far more issues with manbody as a character and then you play as that thing for 70% of the game. It was a terrible decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the hate this game gets. Yeah I liked Joel too but what happened was great for the story. I will say I should have played this on PS4 long before I got a PS5. The 60 fps is nice but I don't think it adds a whole lot to the game since the environments are so dark that you usually don't pay much attention to the framerate. Plus base PS4 was a locked 30 fps from benchmarks I have seen.
    The hate is all because of what Reck said above. I don't really want to get into spoilers, but people either liked Abby or they hated her. The narrative decision Naughty Dog took was bold and something I've never seen done before, and it just didn't land for some people. For me though, once I got over the grief for Joel, it worked really ing well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    off and stop telling me spoilers lol
    My bad man, I thought this was well known since it's been discussed and the game was spoiled well before release. I'll let you enjoy it without saying anything else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

I mean yes, that was part of the problem but people had far more issues with manbody as a character and then you play as that thing for 70% of the game. It was a terrible decision.
    Just curious. Why did you hate playing as Abby so much? Because she's buff? or because she killed Joel? Or you just found her character boring. Just wondering if anyone hates her for anything besides killing Joel or her being manish

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious. Why did you hate playing as Abby so much? Because she's buff? or because she killed Joel? Or you just found her character boring. Just wondering if anyone hates her for anything besides killing Joel or her being manish

BB DONT READ THIS POST FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED THE OUT.
    LOL

To be honest, the manish look didn't bother me (It just provided the lols) nor did the fact she killed Joel as what comes around goes around but the way they advertised the game was highly misleading. I did not expect to spend the majority of the game playing as someone else other than Ellie. And yeah her story also didn't help any. Personally it was a chore to play her part of the story.

I would've been ok with the ending the way it was if there was a good enough reason for it. There was no reason for Ellie to suddenly have an epiphany of mercy at the last minute given she wrecked everyone else in the course of the game. It was just some silly .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

BB DONT READ THIS POST FURTHER IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED THE OUT.
    LOL

To be honest, the manish look didn't bother me (It just provided the lols) nor did the fact she killed Joel as what comes around goes around but the way they advertised the game was highly misleading. I did not expect to spend the majority of the game playing as someone else other than Ellie. And yeah her story also didn't help any. Personally it was a chore to play her part of the story.

I would've been ok with the ending the way it was if there was a good enough reason for it. There was no reason for Ellie to suddenly have an epiphany of mercy at the last minute given she wrecked everyone else in the course of the game. It was just some silly .
    Fair enough, I can understand thinking one thing based on the trailers and getting something unexpected and how it would be disappointing (thanks Halo 5). I would somewhat disagree about the ending as given the events leading up that moment...but I don't wanna post any further spoilers so I'll just leave it at that

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i knew this was coming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hate is all because of what Reck said above. I don't really want to get into spoilers, but people either liked Abby or they hated her. The narrative decision Naughty Dog took was bold and something I've never seen done before, and it just didn't land for some people. For me though, once I got over the grief for Joel, it worked really ing well.
    I think it's awesome the way they just make you burn with hate for her after Joel saves her only to get murdered by her. Can't wait to see how her chapters play out and how much more interesting a character she is likely to become.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB, don’t read.

What does her story add overall? What is the overall message from seeing things from her perspective? You don’t really get invested in her NPC-inspired backstory because it’s a blip. Her relationship with her friends was monotone and boring. The with the tranny is ing stupid. There’s nothing compelling about her or her story, especially when held up against Joel and Ellie. With the latter, you had an entire games’ worth of backstory to become invested. The linebacker was rushed and ultimately a waste because you can’t get into it - no one is saying her story is compelling for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB, don’t read.

What does her story add overall? What is the overall message from seeing things from her perspective? You don’t really get invested in her NPC-inspired backstory because it’s a blip. Her relationship with her friends was monotone and boring. The with the tranny is ing stupid. There’s nothing compelling about her or her story, especially when held up against Joel and Ellie. With the latter, you had an entire games’ worth of backstory to become invested. The linebacker was rushed and ultimately a waste because you can’t get into it - no one is saying her story is compelling for a reason.
    That and fans of the series waited years to play a new adventure with Ellie and Joel... offing Joel is not that big of a deal if you get to basically play Ellie for the rest of the game, but you don't. If they wanted to do a spinoff, they should've called it something else, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Plague Tale Innocence will be free for PS5 for ps+. Always wanted to play that game. Heard good things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB, don’t read.

If you genuinely didn't like her character, that's one thing. But to say it added nothing to the story is false. It's partially the same reason why dogs and NPCs are all given names, why we get to interact with some of the NPCs we kill as Ellie in the second half of the game as Abby, it's why Ellie suffers from PTSD towards the end. We are supposed to feel the weight of every person we kill, to understand that every person is a hero in his or her own story. This isn't Uncharted where you mow down thousands of dudes and then laugh it off at the end.

But as far as Abby's story, it's all about redemption for herself. She's been where Ellie is and it's led to nothing but pain for herself and those around her. Now she's trying to forgive herself and move on. Ellie is on the downward trajectory obviously. Those who question why she lets Abby go at the end didn't understand the game I guess. At some point she has to let go of the hate for her own sanity. Just as she started to forgive Joel for his secret, she starts to let go of that rage she feels for Abby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Plague Tale Innocence will be free for PS5 for ps+. Always wanted to play that game. Heard good things
    just beat that on PC not too long ago, great game. very narrative driven though, nothing spectacular gameplay wise but it was an interesting story

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost of Tsushima director’s cut just announced!

A new island was added and more gameplay. Great time for new comers to get basically a twofer here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost of Tsushima director’s cut just announced!

A new island was added and more gameplay. Great time for new comers to get basically a twofer here.
    Coming out next month too. Sucks that it's $30 for PS5 owners though when the PS4 price is $20. Oh well, will probably still get it Day 1. Just hope the enemies scale with your level because I don't want to start a new 120 hour playthrough just to get to the new island.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming out next month too. Sucks that it's $30 for PS5 owners though when the PS4 price is $20. Oh well, will probably still get it Day 1. Just hope the enemies scale with your level because I don't want to start a new 120 hour playthrough just to get to the new island.
    Pretty sly of Sony to kind of mask the pricing of the expansion pack with the upgrade. It should be free if you own it.

In this case, it works out for me because I won't be out 65+30 as my copy of the base game was provided by our own Elnono so I will just simply buy the expansion+upgrade at 30 bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TV-Style Commercials Are Coming To Console Games
    This whole idea can just go straight into the trash

There are ads on YouTube, ads on Twitch, and ads when you’re playing mobile games, but you know where there aren’t ads? Console games. And that’s something capitalism would like to change.

As Axios reports, a company called playerWON (kill me), described as “a first-of-its-kind in-game advertising platform” (bring me back then kill me again), has signed deals with companies like EA and Hi-Rez (Smite) to try to bring TV-style commercials to their console games.

Having tested this tech for over a year, they feel like it’s now ready to be implemented, the idea being rather than just beaming videos to them in the middle of a game, players would be able to view an ad then, when servers detected the commercial had been viewed in its entirety, “release rewards to the player.”

You can have a little reward. As a treat.

This tech would be licensed out to developers so it could be implemented in the game itself (unlike the ads we already see on consoles, in places like system menu screens), and they’re trying to justify it by saying that because young people are “cord-cutters”, they’re unreachable via traditional, cheaper marketing, and are only being reached by branded content deals (like the sneakers and clothes in NBA 2K, or cup noodles in Final Fantasy).

Which is expensive, so ad companies would prefer something easier and cheaper. Like this.

Testing has been taking place inside Smite for around a year, and the findings are as awful as you’re probably expecting:

Data from one of Simulmedia’s pilot campaigns with Smite, a F2P multiplayer battle arena game from Tencent’s Hi-Rez Studios, shows that players were much more likely (22%) to play a game and spend money within the game (11%), if they watched in-game ads that gave them access to more gaming perks.

As a result, playerWON “plans to launch in-game ads in roughly a dozen more games by the year’s end.”

https://kotaku.com/tv-style-commerci...mes-1847198461

---

of course EA is all over this . If they could take a literal on their own customers they would.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A move like that would collapse the industry, no doubt.

You're already paying nearly 100 dollars for premium content. Let's put ads in game now. lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4 where Kojima put some weird ass 15 minutes ad thingy with David Hayter in the intro.

Thread Information