Page 3 of 376 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry Havoc keeps recommending Wolfenstein New Order. One of these days I'm going to have to listen to his ass and try it out.
    It's stunning. The best writing I've ever encountered in an FPS. Feels like a movie written by someone who knows how to write movies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still getting through HZD. Having a hard time staying focused tbh. It's going to take me a while to beat. That has less to do with the game itself and more to do with me though. Most of my free time is spoken for and I have to stay up late or wake up early to get any hours in.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you Iron Golem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played The London Heist full demo today on VR, and just started with Uncharted 1... I have all of them and wanna play them in succession...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just started with Uncharted 1... I have all of them and wanna play them in succession...
    I see you saw today's Easter Sale.

Uncharted is definitely a series to play in order. I like that every sequel is better than the previous game too, though many people consider Uncharted 2 to be the highpoint of the series. Uncharted 4 is extremely impressive graphically. Like I couldn't believe the scrub ass PoorStation 4 could put out graphics like that, even at 30 fps. When PS5 comes out I can't wait to get a 60 fps remaster of Uncharted 4. Funny enough you can actually see what Uncharted 4 at 60 fps would look like by playing in slow motion mode at 30 fps, capturing the video, and doubling the speed to get 60 fps video. The Digital Foundry youtube channel did it and it looks stunning. I won't post the video though since I don't want to give away any spoilers.

For anyone who has a PS4 and hasn't played Uncharted 1-3, that is $8 today on PS Store for the package of all three remasters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, so I'm a dumbass, Iron Golem in Dark Souls is easy as if you do quick slashes at his feet to knock him over. I was doing two hand power attacks, which were really effective taking out Tower Knight's ankles in Demon's Souls.

I'm starting to get the feeling armor is pretty useless in Dark Souls just like it was in Bloodborne. E.g., you should just wear the lightweight armor you think looks the coolest. I never even bothered to see if armor mattered in Demon's Souls since that game was so much easier than Dark Souls or Bloodborne.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-15-2017 at 02:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say Dark Souls is much better than Demon's Souls but not quite as good as Bloodborne IMO. So far I'd give it probably a 9.5/10 (I have Bloodborne 10/10, Demon's Souls 8/10). Thankfully I figured out how to make dsfix work properly for 60 fps gaming: you set a target framerate of 65 fps in the dsfix ini file and then force vsync through the Nvdia Control Panel to get a locked 60 fps. The only downside is it s with the physics a bit, so some jumps can't be done when running at 60 fps. Thankfully dsfix lets you switch between 30 fps and 60 fps by hitting the backspace key.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say Dark Souls is much better than Demon's Souls but not quite as good as Bloodborne IMO. So far I'd give it probably a 9.5/10 (I have Bloodborne 10/10, Demon's Souls 8/10). Thankfully I figured out how to make dsfix work properly for 60 fps gaming: you set a target framerate of 65 fps in the dsfix ini file and then force vsync through the Nvdia Control Panel to get a locked 60 fps. The only downside is it s with the physics a bit, so some jumps can't be done when running at 60 fps. Thankfully dsfix lets you switch between 30 fps and 60 fps by hitting the backspace key.
    Amazed you can play the same kind of games in succession.

I guess since you dont play sport games..it makes sense.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Currently playing Nier automata...not bad so far, definitely has a unique feel to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazed you can play the same kind of games in succession.

I guess since you dont play sport games..it makes sense.
    LOL I played Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations one after the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played Uncharted 1-2-3-4 and Last of Us... working my way through HZD now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man newegg had Nioh for $39 so I had to pick that up. Too bad it takes about a week to ship though. Newegg is super slow when buying small things like games, flash drives, RAM, cpu. Funny because they're really fast when you order something bigger like a motherboard, monitor, gpu, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got Uncharted 2 and 3 sitting on the shelf unplayed. I beat 1 easily. Would you recommend playing the sequels? Last of Us was amazing I can see why it won GotY easily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got Uncharted 2 and 3 sitting on the shelf unplayed. I beat 1 easily. Would you recommend playing the sequels? Last of Us was amazing I can see why it won GotY easily
    Uncharted 2 & 3 are huge improvements over Uncharted 1 in every way you could think of. All the Uncharted games are really easy though. None of them are as good as The Last of Us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked all of them, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think of Horizon Zero Dawn so far? To me it feels so much like a Far Cry game but in third person, but better graphically with more interesting fights and a better storyline than any Far Cry games (and I'm a big fan of the series). The game does feel super easy though after playing a bunch of Souls games this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think of Horizon Zero Dawn so far? To me it feels so much like a Far Cry game but in third person, but better graphically with more interesting fights and a better storyline than any Far Cry games (and I'm a big fan of the series). The game does feel super easy though after playing a bunch of Souls games this year.
    It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I got tired of running around and I'm using the fast travel more now. I'm not that into fighting the beasts unless I really have to. Other than that, the story is pretty interesting, and I still don't know what Project: Zero Down is all about yet. I just finished the Hoard level. I've been doing all the side-quests and errands, but now I'm trying to advance the story a bit.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Uncharted 2 great, easily the best of the first 3 imo

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I decided to start a new game+ on The Witcher 3... I forgot how incredibly massive this game is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just beat Dark Souls 1 and I'm definitely going to come back and play a NG+ on it some time. Ornstein and Smough has to be the best boss battle I have ever played in a game. It's definitely not as hard as beating Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne but it's still pretty damn difficult sniping quick hits at Ornstein while simultaneously trying to keep a column between you and the big ass hammer Smough chases you with. Magnus and the Knight of Artorius are pretty difficult fights too. From made the final boss too easy though. He kicked my ass the first three times I fought him when I was trying to circle around to attack from behind and his attacks are really hard to dodge. But since he was so aggressive I figured I'd try parrying and that made the fight super easy. Still, amazing game that I'd give a 9.5/10 to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I decided to start a new game+ on The Witcher 3... I forgot how incredibly massive this game is.
    Yeah that's a pretty ing big game

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just beat Dark Souls 1 and I'm definitely going to come back and play a NG+ on it some time. Ornstein and Smough has to be the best boss battle I have ever played in a game. It's definitely not as hard as beating Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne but it's still pretty damn difficult sniping quick hits at Ornstein while simultaneously trying to keep a column between you and the big ass hammer Smough chases you with. Magnus and the Knight of Artorius are pretty difficult fights too. From made the final boss too easy though. He kicked my ass the first three times I fought him when I was trying to circle around to attack from behind and his attacks are really hard to dodge. But since he was so aggressive I figured I'd try parrying and that made the fight super easy. Still, amazing game that I'd give a 9.5/10 to.
    The final boss being too easy is almost expected at this point.

At Farrons Keep on DS3. According to my log, I've got 13 hours on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to playing Witcher 3 seeing everyone rave about it. The first 2 were fun but incredibly short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to playing Witcher 3 seeing everyone rave about it. The first 2 were fun but incredibly short.
    Get the GOTY edition if you can, as both DLC are outstanding. Witcher 3 is significantly larger than even Skyrim, and it's extremely impressive graphically (especially the lighting). The combat is really satisfying too, you can cut people in half or chop their heads off. Also learn how to play Gwent at the beginning. It seems kind of stupid at first but it ends up being a really interesting game to play with everyone you run into. I can't recommend the game highly enough. And it will keep you busy for months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Witcher 3 is significantly larger than even Skyrim
    Skyrim is HUGE

Should I get it for PC or PS4?

Thread Information