Page 30 of 376 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am trying to figure out if i should buy nier or persona 5...
    both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats like 200CDN

I wanna play one and wait for a price drop for 1. Just having trouble deciding. Everyone loves p5 and nier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats like 200CDN

I wanna play one and wait for a price drop for 1. Just having trouble deciding. Everyone loves p5 and nier.
    How much more of a price drop are you expecting? These games have already been $30 each consistently the last two months in the US. I liked NieR Automata better but they're both must plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much more of a price drop are you expecting? These games have already been $30 each consistently the last two months in the US. I liked NieR Automata better but they're both must plays.
    They are both at full price here for some reason. If both were 30 id buy them both easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are both at full price here for some reason. If both were 30 id buy them both easy.
    To give you an idea how much I liked Persona 5, I bought a New 3DS XL and a Playstation TV in the last couple of weeks to play the rest of the Shin Megami Tensei / Persona series. Playstation TV has the best version of Persona 4, 3DS has a bunch of Shin Megami Tensei games plus Persona Q and the upcoming Persona Q2, and I already have a PS3 for Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Persona 3 FES. So I thought Persona 5 was so good I as I was finishing the game I went out and bought the hardware and the games to play most of the rest of the series. And with all that said, I thought NieR Automata was better. But those two are far and away my top 2 GOTY for a stacked 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I have Nier Automata waiting also. I just want to play Persona first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting more into VR. Just picked up about 6 games over the winter sale and am looking forward to enjoying all of them soon.

The Invisible Hours

From Other Suns

Chronos

The Climb

Arktika

Trickster VR

Gunheart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sleeping Dogs on the One. Downloaded it when it was free on Gold last summer and just got around to playing it. Fun game and a great beat 'em up throwback like The Warriors on PS2 was a decade or so ago.
    Sleeping Dogs is an underrated gem.. The fighting is fun AF with all the environmental kills. Not to mention you can force chicks to watch you piss..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deus Ex mankind divided is free on PSN this month. Gonna check it out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sleeping Dogs is an underrated gem.. The fighting is fun AF with all the environmental kills. Not to mention you can force chicks to watch you piss..

AKA, "The Ducks".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deus Ex mankind divided is free on PSN this month. Gonna check it out
    The game looks great at least graphically and I have heard good things about it. It sold like though (like every game from 2016) so the devs started talking like there won't be a sequel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AKA, "The Ducks".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, you gotta buy some more GB's for the month to DL Deux Ex if you got that AT&T Internet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game looks great at least graphically and I have heard good things about it. It sold like though (like every game from 2016) so the devs started talking like there won't be a sequel.
    It didn't set itself apart.

It's a better improved game graphically than Human Revolution but as far as gameplay wise is almost a carbon copy with a worse story.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Human Revolution was one of the games on the year back in 2011(?). Loved it, and would suggest playing it first if you haven't.

I've had Mankind Divided on my desktop for like 6 months...Only played 30 min of it. I'll get to it this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Human Revolution was one of the games on the year back in 2011(?). Loved it, and would suggest playing it first if you haven't.

I've had Mankind Divided on my desktop for like 6 months...Only played 30 min of it. I'll get to it this year.
    No room to add anything else to the backlog. My dumb ass bought a PS TV and a 3DS to play the Shin Megami Tensei series and other Persona games after how much I loved Persona 5 to add to my huge backlog of PC, PS4, PS3, and Wii U games (god bless CEMU). At least there is nothing coming out I want until the end of March. Side note: Zelda A Link Between Worlds is the on New 3DS XL. The game looks great with the 3D and is an awesome sequel to A Link to the Past (which is the GOAT Zelda game by far).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It didn't set itself apart.

It's a better improved game graphically than Human Revolution but as far as gameplay wise is almost a carbon copy with a worse story.
    Agreed. Mankind Divided was a completely forgettable game. It also sucks that 90% of the game takes place on the same map, instead of globetrotting like you do in all the previous Deus Ex games.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah I loved HR, but reviews said MD added nothing, only damaged the IP, like most sequels these days..

on a related note:
    can anyone weigh in on whether Dishonored 2 was a worthy sequel or just a cash grab like Mankind Divided?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

on a related note:
    can anyone weigh in on whether Dishonored 2 was a worthy sequel or just a cash grab like Mankind Divided?
    Kind of both but actually good.

They kept what made the original game great and added more. The game is bigger and on a different location which makes it fresh while keeping the core gameplay familiar to gamers who played the first.

The one about killing the Outsider is totally skippable though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Started nier on hard mode. I died 7 times before i got to the first save point. Gameplay is on point. Super fun.

Hopefully its get mpre forgiving from this point. I spent 40 min dying over and over again just to get to the first save point. Smdh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Thunderforce 4/Lightening Force (yes, they misspelled it) on the Sega Genesis. Ball buster of a shooter.
    - Ninja Spirit on the TG16
    - Original Metroid
    - Gran Turismo 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man nier is not an easy game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I count 7 deaths but realisticly i probably died 10-13 times before reaching the bunker.

What a frustrating start to the game. Half of those deaths were against the boss bsfore the bunker too so i have to restart and restar all over again.

Edit: damn hard mode is impossible. First mission after finally reaching bunker and i am still dying so often. Its frustrating. I dont mind the difficulty if tgere was more save points
    Last edited by apalisoc_9; 01-09-2018 at 01:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I count 7 deaths but realisticly i probably died 10-13 times before reaching the bunker.

What a frustrating start to the game. Half of those deaths were against the boss bsfore the bunker too so i have to restart and restar all over again.

Edit: damn hard mode is impossible. First mission after finally reaching bunker and i am still dying so often. Its frustrating. I dont mind the difficulty if tgere was more save points
    Games on harder difficulties are usually broken and unbalanced. They basically just turn the enemies into damage sponges. I love challenging games, but there's a "fair" way to do it. One way to gauge a "fair but hard" difficulty is if mastering some in-game mechanic/pattern makes a section/level/boss exponentially easier, you have a balanced difficulty. Think Godhand's or Ninja Gaiden (Xbox version) combat systems, if you ever played those. Patterns in shumps. Or learning manual shifting and the tracks in a racing game. The difficulty comes from mastering those mechanics and learning those patterns, not from patiently putting up with whatever ty design choice the devs threw in to make the game "harder."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, most games were designed to play on normal. Switching it to hard usually only increases the enemy damage resistance and decreases yours.

Thread Information