Page 31 of 376 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, most games were designed to play on normal. Switching it to hard usually only increases the enemy damage resistance and decreases yours.
    Modern games hard mode tend to be easier than nier though. I am used to starting with hard. The biggest issue with nier at least from my initial experience..You cant save in the first hour or location.

I love nier though. I just started and the fun factor with this game is off the charts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Modern games hard mode tend to be easier than nier though. I am used to starting with hard. The biggest issue with nier at least from my initial experience..You cant save in the first hour or location.

I love nier though. I just started and the fun factor with this game is off the charts.
    Dude, evade! Nier has a pattern of attack. You're probably bull rushing everything.

Platinum games loves using this method of attack, wait, evade. Metal Gear Rising does this, Bayonneta does this and Nier does this.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NieR Automata will get a lot harder on hard mode. Mainly because your power ups are plugin chips that stay with your body when you die, so you have to go pick them up before getting killed again like on Dark Souls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, evade! Nier has a pattern of attack. You're probably bull rushing everything.

Platinum games loves using this method of attack, wait, evade. Metal Gear Rising does this, Bayonneta does this and Nier does this.
    NieR Automata will get a lot harder on hard mode. Mainly because your power ups are plugin chips that stay with your body when you die, so you have to go pick them up before getting killed again like on Dark Souls.
    Are the save points this bad? I am in the bunker now and made a couple attempts at the new mission and failed.

If the save point is as bad as the start, ima have to switch this to normal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the save points this bad? I am in the bunker now and made a couple attempts at the new mission and failed.

If the save point is as bad as the start, ima have to switch this to normal.
    The save points are a bit weird. You can always save at the vending machine looking things. There are many parts of the overworld you can save at too. It's nothing like the beginning where you can't save for the first 30 minutes of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got me GT Sports and Knack II... now I need to find time to play em :P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna say Nier is better than Horizon yet but my God this game reminds me of all the I love video game feelings of my ps2 days.

What a fun and immersive game! Oh and the Soundtrack of this game man reminds me of glorious ps1 days like Suikoden etc. So good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got me GT Sports and Knack II... now I need to find time to play em :P
    I think I'd rather get an XBox tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna say Nier is better than Horizon yet but my God this game reminds me of all the I love video game feelings of my ps2 days.

What a fun and immersive game! Oh and the Soundtrack of this game man reminds me of glorious ps1 days like Suikoden etc. So good.
    I'll say it: NieR Automata is better than Horizon, better than Persona 5, better than Breath of the Wild, better than any game to come out since Bloodborne. The game gets so much better later on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say it: NieR Automata is better than Horizon, better than Persona 5, better than Breath of the Wild, better than any game to come out since Bloodborne. The game gets so much better later on.
    Her name is jack....ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd rather get an XBox tbh
    It's a pretty cool platformer, tbh... it's great for casual gaming...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I have to replay it. I only completed the first half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I have to replay it. I only completed the first third.
    FIFY, as you quit after Ending A, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIFY, as you quit after Ending A, right?
    I believe so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got me GT Sports
    This game is having a difficult time getting people to buy into it.

I was gonna buy it until I found out the ery of always having to be online for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nier soundtrack is incredible tbh. Love the way they alter certain tracks during subsequent playthroughs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game is having a difficult time getting people to buy into it.

I was gonna buy it until I found out the ery of always having to be online for it.
    The update was like 50GB :P

Haven't played it yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im at the forest village now. All my weapons are at level 1 and its hard mode.

Dont die as much now but Ive been mostly using distance and pod skills

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im at the forest village now. All my weapons are at level 1 and its hard mode.

Dont die as much now but Ive been mostly using distance and pod skills
    Why are you insisting on playing or hard? Are you trophy hunting or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you insisting on playing or hard? Are you trophy hunting or something?
    Yeah.

Honestly i couldnt enjoy the game play very early in the game because hard is as good as a one hit KO. I wanted ti hack and slash.

Now at level 19, i can use my swords much more often but its all thanks to pod skills. Its hard man because the enemies can be so random sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh Persona 5 has been hard as to get into. I'm at a point now where combat is more frequent and fun, but the first 5 - 10 hours were kind of a chore to get through. The gameplay in the "real world" so far has been very limiting - walk two steps and get forced into a long conversation that's basically clicking through a bunch of text with no audio. That might not be such a bad thing considering the American voice acting is pretty poor. I'm thinking the game opens up a bit eventually and gives you more freedom? I like the concept/storyline so far, but I feel like the style is getting in the way of the substance. The combat itself is really fun. I've not played a good turn-based game in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am stuck fighting A2. First battle against her. She has two moves that instant kills me amd any damage is at least half life and all my chips is defensive.

Some of these chips are so useless. Smdh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh Persona 5 has been hard as to get into. I'm at a point now where combat is more frequent and fun, but the first 5 - 10 hours were kind of a chore to get through. The gameplay in the "real world" so far has been very limiting - walk two steps and get forced into a long conversation that's basically clicking through a bunch of text with no audio. That might not be such a bad thing considering the American voice acting is pretty poor. I'm thinking the game opens up a bit eventually and gives you more freedom? I like the concept/storyline so far, but I feel like the style is getting in the way of the substance. The combat itself is really fun. I've not played a good turn-based game in years.
    Yeah the beginning is really slow. There are a couple of other sections of the game like that too, though much shorter than that first tutorial. I like the American voice acting though. If you don't the Japanese voices are a free download off PSN.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...DCONTENT000022

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the beginning is really slow. There are a couple of other sections of the game like that too, though much shorter than that first tutorial. I like the American voice acting though. If you don't the Japanese voices are a free download off PSN.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...DCONTENT000022
    Cool, I may do that as I read along with the sub les anyway. I remember playing Shenmue in English and the sequel in Japanese and it was a way better experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decided to take a swing at DS3 again. Had to start over because idk wtf was going on where I last saved

Thread Information