Page 310 of 376 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, the point of the training room is you just go there for a couple of minutes to work on the timing of a new move you want to try.

Are you weaving? Eg holding L1 and moving the left thumbstick to weave out of the way of attacks? He has a high kick that's pretty easy to duck under in the first phase, at which point you can hit him with a quick attack and then throw him into the planters or whatever those are to stun him a bit. Second phase he often does that high kick as the third hit in a combo, which is a good time to hit him with that bamboo (there is always bamboo available somewhere there).

Oh you're playing on PC? You have to hold LB and move the stick to weave. Just pressing LB is for parrying. If you don't have weaving down boss fights are a nightmare. even miniboss fights are rough. Weaving has way more forgiving timing than parrying while still sometimes opening up nice counter options (though not as nice as parrying gives).

LOL I cheese the dragons with arrows in the Boletarian Palace. Or at least I did in the PS3 game, haven't played the PS5 remaster yet, though picked it up in the Black Friday Sale. Saving that one for after Elden Ring though. Also Tower Knight you just cut his feet up good and the falls over for some easy attacks.
    See? This is what I mean. I don't think I was introduced to weaving at any point in the game/tutorial section. I just had no idea you could do that. I recall the LB up and down, but this is the first I hear of weaving. IMO, that's a design flaw.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See? This is what I mean. I don't think I was introduced to weaving at any point in the game/tutorial section. I just had no idea you could do that. I recall the LB up and down, but this is the first I hear of weaving. IMO, that's a design flaw.
    I think the weaving mechanic is taught in that tutorial sequence of fights right after that prologue mission, the one right after the cutscene showing you becoming an adult. I guess it would be nice if they allowed you to replay that tutorial in the training though as it also teaches important skills like throws, shoves, and leg sweeps (the regular leg sweep, not the strong leg sweep you get as a focus move) at a pace that's like drinking from the fire hose. That's definitely a design flaw having that not be repeatable, as it's hard to remember everything from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the weaving mechanic is taught in that tutorial sequence of fights right after that prologue mission, the one right after the cutscene showing you becoming an adult. I guess it would be nice if they allowed you to replay that tutorial in the training though as it also teaches important skills like throws, shoves, and leg sweeps (the regular leg sweep, not the strong leg sweep you get as a focus move) at a pace that's like drinking from the fire hose. That's definitely a design flaw having that not be repeatable, as it's hard to remember everything from it.
    Yea, I actually didn't know about Focus until I saw a coworker pulling off the move. If you're going to make the game that difficult, IMO, it needs better cues or learning curve for the non-hardcore crowd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, I actually didn't know about Focus until I saw a coworker pulling off the move. If you're going to make the game that difficult, IMO, it needs better cues or learning curve for the non-hardcore crowd.
    This kind of used to be handled by manuals lol. Speaking of manuals, I was floored getting one when I imported Yakuza Ishin from Japan, only PS4 game I have ever seen with a manual.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kind of used to be handled by manuals lol. Speaking of manuals, I was floored getting one when I imported Yakuza Ishin from Japan, only PS4 game I have ever seen with a manual.
    This is why it pays to check game trophy guides even if you're not going to plat a game. They usually dedicate a section in the beginning on how to best maximize the game in term of which ability to use, upgrades, moves etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reviews look strong for Horizon Forbidden West and graphically looks even more amazing for 2022 than Horizon Zero Dawn did for 2017. Now I just gotta figure out if I want to jump on this launch date or wait for Elden Ring to play at launch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reviews look strong for Horizon Forbidden West and graphically looks even more amazing for 2022 than Horizon Zero Dawn did for 2017. Now I just gotta figure out if I want to jump on this launch date or wait for Elden Ring to play at launch.
    In the middle of watching this one.

Game looks ing gorgeous. The openess looks so legit and inviting.

There are apparently some minor bugs with facial expressions though but hopefully that is one quick patch away from being fixed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cyberpunk stream tomorrow at 9AM CST. Guessing it'll be the PS5/Series X announcement.

Last edited by baseline bum; 02-14-2022 at 10:57 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they giving it for free? So I can poop on it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meanwhile Forbidden West runs great on the PS4 as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meanwhile Forbidden West runs great on the PS4 as well.
    Man gonna be sad to walk away from Sifu, but jumping right on this one Friday night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will definitely keep my PS5 preorder since looks like my 1660 Super and Xeon E3-1231v3 won't be enough for 1440p60 on PoorC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sifu has officially kicked my ass. Got to Sean (boss of The Club, eg stage 2) and through the first phase of his fight at age 21 and couldn't close the deal in the second phase. Don't even want to play that any more after getting wrecked after a near perfect run up to Sean's second phase. ElNono man, you getting anywhere in this ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sifu has officially kicked my ass. Got to Sean (boss of The Club, eg stage 2) and through the first phase of his fight at age 21 and couldn't close the deal in the second phase. Don't even want to play that any more after getting wrecked after a near perfect run up to Sean's second phase. ElNono man, you getting anywhere in this ?
    No, I read here they're putting a difficulty setting, so I'm parking it until the update. Debating whether I want to start DL2 or just wait for Friday. I have a bunch of work at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I read here they're putting a difficulty setting, so I'm parking it until the update. Debating whether I want to start DL2 or just wait for Friday. I have a bunch of work at the moment.
    , no way I'm not jumping on Horizon Friday. And then Elden Ring the second I finish Horizon. Might have to check Cyberpunk in the next couple of months too now that the PS5 version is out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about difficulty, I might give Returnal another shot. They improved the game, made saves available and made the map a of a lot less confusing to get through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This 's so weird. I had some time to kill and I played the club one more time. This time I beat the middle-level boss, which was the one giving me trouble. That unlocked the shortcut for me. I've got my ass kicked later on discovering the second half of the club.

Next play, I take the shortcut, and get to Sean. Beat it the first time. Wtf

Now I'm at the museum, and the game is back to being not so tough and somewhat enjoyable. Probably because I'm playing in a new place and finally advanced. There's just some severe balancing issues with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This 's so weird. I had some time to kill and I played the club one more time. This time I beat the middle-level boss, which was the one giving me trouble. That unlocked the shortcut for me. I've got my ass kicked later on discovering the second half of the club.

Next play, I take the shortcut, and get to Sean. Beat it the first time. Wtf

Now I'm at the museum, and the game is back to being not so tough and somewhat enjoyable. Probably because I'm playing in a new place and finally advanced. There's just some severe balancing issues with it.
    You er, you beat Sean?

Yeah I have heard The Club is a big difficulty e that eases up a lot after. I can blast through the club easy, only thing that gives me any trouble is occasionally I'll get stomped by that girl on the dance floor and die. But Sean's second phase kicks the out of me every time. Got him down to about 10% structure bar left last time and then said this game when I lost lol.

So how did you beat Sean's second form? Were you weaving to build focus and then doing strong sweeps? He recovers much more quickly from being put on the ground in the second phase and seems like only 1/3 to 1/2 of his combos have a decent follow-up window, plus I'm not great at catching his sweeps on time yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You er, you beat Sean?

Yeah I have heard The Club is a big difficulty e that eases up a lot after. I can blast through the club easy, only thing that gives me any trouble is occasionally I'll get stomped by that girl on the dance floor and die. But Sean's second phase kicks the out of me every time. Got him down to about 10% structure bar left last time and then said this game when I lost lol.

So how did you beat Sean's second form? Were you weaving to build focus and then doing strong sweeps? He recovers much more quickly from being put on the ground in the second phase and seems like only 1/3 to 1/2 of his combos have a decent follow-up window, plus I'm not great at catching his sweeps on time yet.
    Just dodge down his attacks, then once he's finished with his sequence and near by, use the hard attack (triangle) to enter and then pounce for a bit. rinse and repeat. The other thing I used quite a bit is R2 and left/right when he's lounging a punch, if timed right, it just gets you out of the way, and you can nail him with the hard attack. Only used focus a couple times at the end of the fight, since at that point he starts to attack and then backs out a bit. Again, R2 and forward can get you close to him.

I probably died more times on his first form than his second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ended up just buying the PS4 digital copy. Didn't see the point of making a trip to buy it physically a day earlier with it raining today and all that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ended up just buying the PS4 digital copy. Didn't see the point of making a trip to buy it physically a day earlier with it raining today and all that.
    Can't wait for Forbidden West. But I did the same so I couldn't preload, have to wait until midnight to do the PS5 upgrade and then it's like a 90GB download so doubt I'll play tonight. Will definitely play the out of it tomorrow though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for Forbidden West. But I did the same so I couldn't preload, have to wait until midnight to do the PS5 upgrade and then it's like a 90GB download so doubt I'll play tonight. Will definitely play the out of it tomorrow though.
    It's BS. I preloaded it but you still have to do the extra download so it's not like it lets you chose which version you want to download. It preloads the the PS4 version and the PS5 version itself its separate.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ho.../1100-6500780/

It would have been better to just wait until midnight and not pre order . At least then it doesn't make you download the base game then the upgrade. Assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's BS. I preloaded it but you still have to do the extra download so it's not like it lets you chose which version you want to download. It preloads the the PS4 version and the PS5 version itself its separate.

It would have been better to just wait until midnight and not pre order . At least then it doesn't make you download the base game then the upgrade. Assholes.
    Nah you don't have to download the PS4 version. You just need to go onto the PSN Store and buy the PS5 upgrade for free, and then you download the PS5 version without needing the PS4 version. Just did it now once the clock turned midnight here. It's a pain in the ass to have to jump through those hoops though, had to do the same for Final Fantasy VII Remake too.

But yeah you couldn't preload the PS5 version if you bought the PS4 version because you had to wait for launch to "buy" the free PS5 upgrade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to play some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to play some.
    I have 3 hours until my download is done. No way I'm playing tonight.

Thread Information