Page 311 of 376 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 9386
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have 3 hours until my download is done. No way I'm playing tonight.

What kind of cavemen internet do you have? I get 200mb download and I feel that is too slow. I have to get that gigabit deal but it's still too expensive.

This game is ing amazing. Just got through the first mission and the prologue which took about 2 hours and half and I gotta say, CHEFS KISS. Blown away.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What kind of cavemen internet do you have? I get 200mb download and I feel that is too slow. I have to get that gigabit deal but it's still too expensive.

This game is ing amazing. Just got through the first mission and the prologue which took about 2 hours and half and I gotta say, CHEFS KISS. Blown away.
    ty ass Spectrum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HFW graphics are … just wow. I didn’t think I’d be as impressed as I am

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ing love Forbidden West.

This is how you keep a franchise great. Dont change .

It controls exactly the same as the first game. I dont know if its because I still have the controls of the first one fresh on my mind having played it not too long ago but I picked the controls off in minutes. Normal seems too easy as well so I bumped up the difficulty to hard and I'm still breezing through. Though I'm early on in the game so that might change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or is the upscale in performance mode horrendous in Forbidden West on PS5? It looks like when I run the Nvidia Image Scaler upscaler with the sharpening turned way too high. This doesn't even look like 1440p much less 1800p. The palm trees and some of the grass are just straight ugly with this upscaler. And I have already done the shut the game down and restart twice to apply the hotfix for shimmering as Guerilla Games recommended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should not have bought Forbidden West at launch. This sharpening filter they're using almost looks like putting an ugly and heavy film grain on the game or something, it looks like . Doesn't look like I'm playing a PS5 game at all. Almost feels like I'm playing something midway between a 360 game and a PS4 game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should not have bought Forbidden West at launch. This sharpening filter they're using almost looks like putting an ugly and heavy film grain on the game or something, it looks like . Doesn't look like I'm playing a PS5 game at all. Almost feels like I'm playing something midway between a 360 game and a PS4 game.
    Well I’m enjoying it thus far. Looks great. Not sure why you’re nitpicking tbh.

I switched from resolution mode to performance mode because I was having too much pop in issues in res mode.

So far so good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really itching to play Forbidden West but feel like I need to finish DL2 first and I still have a ways to go. Might end up breaking down and getting it this weekend though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I’m enjoying it thus far. Looks great. Not sure why you’re nitpicking tbh.

I switched from resolution mode to performance mode because I was having too much pop in issues in res mode.

So far so good.
    Are you playing on a 4k screen or a 1080p screen? It ain't nitpicking, there are a ton of complaints about it looking terrible on 4k screens, especially OLEDs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Guerilla scraps whatever the upscaler they're using right now for performance mode and just renders 1440p with some TAA. Because you can see an amazing looking world hiding under that god damn sharpening filter they're using.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you playing on a 4k screen or a 1080p screen? It ain't nitpicking, there are a ton of complaints about it looking terrible on 4k screens, especially OLEDs.
    That might be it then. 1080 led tv here.

I haven’t bought a new tv in years. Surprised with the quality of life from an LG TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I haven’t bought a new tv in years. Surprised with the quality of life from an LG TV.
    All the complaints on the Horizon reddit seem to be people running on 4k screens. It genuinely looks terrible on my 4k panel, like genuinely the worst looking game I have played on PS5. Maybe they just don't apply that sharpening effect if the system is set to 1080p?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HFW graphics are … just wow. I didn’t think I’d be as impressed as I am
    Are you playing resolution or performance mode?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the complaints on the Horizon reddit seem to be people running on 4k screens. It genuinely looks terrible on my 4k panel, like genuinely the worst looking game I have played on PS5. Maybe they just don't apply that sharpening effect if the system is set to 1080p?
    In 1080p it's doing super sampling. The game renders at 1800p checkerboard in performance mode, and that's probably the problem... should've gone with 1600p/1440p TAAU instead.

I'm sure GG knows and is working on a patch ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly what the game looks like on my monitor. It's hideous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really itching to play Forbidden West but feel like I need to finish DL2 first and I still have a ways to go. Might end up breaking down and getting it this weekend though
    I'd say to give it a couple of weeks and finish off Dying Light 2 first. Because the performance mode looks like ass right now. If you're fine playing at 30 fps the 4k resolution mode looks great but I'm not touching it again until they fix the 60 fps mode. I got 15 minutes in and noped the out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say to give it a couple of weeks and finish off Dying Light 2 first. Because the performance mode looks like ass right now. If you're fine playing at 30 fps the 4k resolution mode looks great but I'm not touching it again until they fix the 60 fps mode. I got 15 minutes in and noped the out.
    You are in the small percentage that this is affecting. It’s not something that’s happening to 100% of people playing on 4K resolution. Some say they’ve fixed it and some are having your problem. It’s weird when you look up news for the game you don’t see it flooded with articles talking about this or really any particular issue.

I do think both modes do need to be furthered polished though. I don’t complain much when it comes to graphics since all I’ve ever played is console games so it’s not like I have experience with PC graphics and all that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are in the small percentage that this is affecting. It’s not something that’s happening to 100% of people playing on 4K resolution. Some say they’ve fixed it and some are having your problem. It’s weird when you look up news for the game you don’t see it flooded with articles talking about this or really any particular issue.

I do think both modes do need to be furthered polished though. I don’t complain much when it comes to graphics since all I’ve ever played is console games so it’s not like I have experience with PC graphics and all that.
    It's a pretty widespread problem

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/com...upport_thread/

Maybe people who don't have their TVs on game mode are the ones not having problems? People who use their TV's postprocess crap like noise reduction to kill off the oversharpened film grain like effect in the game? It's seriously the ugliest PS5 game I have ever seen on my screen, and stuff like Spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima are jaw dropping on this screen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a pretty widespread problem

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/com...upport_thread/

Maybe people who don't have their TVs on game mode are the ones not having problems? People who use their TV's postprocess crap like noise reduction to kill off the oversharpened film grain like effect in the game? It's seriously the ugliest PS5 game I have ever seen on my screen, and stuff like Spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima are jaw dropping on this screen.
    Must you play it at 4k resolution? Can you just lower settings to 1080 and enjoy the game while they work on fixing the other thing? Game is too good to wait around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must you play it at 4k resolution? Can you just lower settings to 1080 and enjoy the game while they work on fixing the other thing? Game is too good to wait around.
    I tried at 1080p and it does mitigate a lot of of the oversharpening by making the screen a lot blurrier. It's still there but doesn't stick out like a sore thumb the way it does at 4k. But running this screen at 1080p is hard to get used to after running 4k for months. Personally I think you got things wrong, the game sounds too good to not wait for it to be fixed for playing in 4k performance mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 1080p it's doing super sampling. The game renders at 1800p checkerboard in performance mode, and that's probably the problem... should've gone with 1600p/1440p TAAU instead.

Have you tried this game yet? It just looks really rough to me on 4k performance mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried at 1080p and it does mitigate a lot of of the oversharpening by making the screen a lot blurrier. It's still there but doesn't stick out like a sore thumb the way it does at 4k. But running this screen at 1080p is hard to get used to after running 4k for months. Personally I think you got things wrong, the game sounds too good to not wait for it to be fixed for playing in 4k performance mode.
    How about the PS4 version? Digital Foundry did a direct comparison and it wasn’t bad at all. Maybe give that a try?

I’ll probably replay the game again just so I can plat it a second time. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the PS4 version? Digital Foundry did a direct comparison and it wasn’t bad at all. Maybe give that a try?

I’ll probably replay the game again just so I can plat it a second time. Lol
    Why would I install the PS4 version? If I want to play the game at 30 fps I'd just play it on PS5 resolution mode at 4k, which does look good if you want to play at 30 fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have DL2 and HZD and I find myself jumping between them. I will say, Forbidden West looks ing amazing. I have an older Samsung monitor tho. I was awestruck when I first fired it up. I was just stuck there staring at the shrubbery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

, I forgot checkerboard rendering was only rendering half resolution and then reconstructing, so 1600x1800 instead of 3200x1800. You think PS5 could actually render Forbidden West at 1440p 60fps and have enough horsepower left to do a decent TAA too?

Thread Information