Page 314 of 377 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 9403
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably people complaining that its too hard
    Nah performance is pretty rough on PC and that's the majority of the complaints. From's pc ports are almost always really bad unless you have hardware way above console spec just to brute force good performance. Even seeing lots of complaints from people with high end hardware this time though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably people complaining that its too hard
    Why would they do that? It’s a game from fromSoftware. You expect and want hard games from them since that’s their bread and butter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they do that? It’s a game from fromSoftware. You expect and want hard games from them since that’s their bread and butter.
    you dont remember the swarms of game reviewers whining about sekiro not having an easy mode?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the framerate is pretty rock solid playing the PS4 Pro mode of Elden Ring on PS5, straight 60 the whole way. Much better experience than trying to play this on my PC early this morning. Though you can definitely tell a difference in visuals. Looks kind of around the medium setting on PC though the 1800p checkboarding looks a lot cleaner than native 1080p.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Playing on PS5. Performance mode is meh. I am using the flail. Don't know if it sucks or not, but the bleed is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Color me impressed as with Elden Ring. Definitely better than I thought it would be, and I expected this to be the best game released since God of War. But I never expected it could match the exploration aspect of Skyrim. FromSoft really hit this out of the park, the open world really works well here when you're searching out interesting miniboss and boss fights out in the open and then cool dungeons. Just hope I haven't ed myself by doing a build that doesn't parry, as the uchigatana is a really killer weapon for dodge roll and snipe hits with the sheathe ability that does massive damage. Keeping a shield just in case the sheathe attack and the bow prove to not be enough later in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Color me impressed as with Elden Ring. Definitely better than I thought it would be, and I expected this to be the best game released since God of War. But I never expected it could match the exploration aspect of Skyrim. FromSoft really hit this out of the park, the open world really works well here when you're searching out interesting miniboss and boss fights out in the open and then cool dungeons. Just hope I haven't ed myself by doing a build that doesn't parry, as the uchigatana is a really killer weapon for dodge roll and snipe hits with the sheathe ability that does massive damage. Keeping a shield just in case the sheathe attack and the bow prove to not be enough later in the game.
    I know GRRM helped design , but does it have any type of narrative/storyline, or is it like other FromSoftware games with an open world?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know GRRM helped design , but does it have any type of narrative/storyline, or is it like other FromSoftware games with an open world?
    It's a FromSoft game with an open world. Not getting a God of War level story or anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on FromSoftware to attach his name to bait newbies into buying a game thinking there would be any story attach to this project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on FromSoftware to attach his name to bait newbies into buying a game thinking there would be any story attach to this project.
    LOL yeah story is always minimal in FromSoft games. Still man, this is ing must play. At least 9/10.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Per the usual...Old Time Baseball from '94 in a DOS box on the PC.

I'm the 1956 New York Yankees with Mantle, Berra, Ford, et al.

Having the time of me life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that's what confused me. Wasn't sure if his involvement was anything more than marketing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elden Ring is stupid ing hard.. The first dude on horseback you run into has already killed me at least 25 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elden Ring is stupid ing hard.. The first dude on horseback you run into has already killed me at least 25 times.
    clears throat

GIT GUD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not supposed to fight him yet man, haven't you ever played a Souls game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah basically if you're getting your ass kicked, go somewhere else and then come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=baseline bum;10492422]What Remains of Edith Finch for $8 on the Playstation Store is a really good deal too. One of those walking simulators that's a great palate cleanser after a large game, but has such great storytelling and good looking graphics too.

A couple of games "like" Edith Finch that I played over the weekend:

Firewatcher : walking simulator with great story and voice acting.
    Gone Home : another walking simulator with great story and voice acting.

Neither is particularly difficult but both are well worth playing if you're just looking for a chill game with great story.

I never thought I'd like these kind of games but Edith Finch changed that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Remains of Edith Finch for $8 on the Playstation Store is a really good deal too. One of those walking simulators that's a great palate cleanser after a large game, but has such great storytelling and good looking graphics too.

A couple of games "like" Edith Finch that I played over the weekend:

Firewatcher : walking simulator with great story and voice acting.
    Gone Home : another walking simulator with great story and voice acting.

Neither is particularly difficult but both are well worth playing if you're just looking for a chill game with great story.
    I never thought I'd like these kind of games but Edith Finch changed that.
    Firewatch is hilarious, especially playing it like a sarcastic bas . Never tried Gone Home yet, might need a walking simulator when I'm done with Elden Ring considering how much I keep dying in the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like these should be free to play, tbh.

I honestly don’t see the point of playing a game just to beat bosses non stop. You need a break here and there.

Does playing games of this caliber translate into normal games? That is to say, do you find playing other games on hard “easier” because you have the experience of playing an extremely hard game and conquering it?

I would think it would at least make your instincts sharper, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like these should be free to play, tbh.

I honestly don’t see the point of playing a game just to beat bosses non stop. You need a break here and there.

Does playing games of this caliber translate into normal games? That is to say, do you find playing other games on hard “easier” because you have the experience of playing an extremely hard game and conquering it?

I would think it would at least make your instincts sharper, no?
    Why should Souls games be Free to Play? That's a ing disgusting thought, turning one of the greatest current franchises in gaming into some microtransaction laden pay2win crap. Thank ing god From Software isn't going down the Ubisoft trash route. If we didn't have developers like From making amazing first party games you pay once for there is no way in I would have ever bought a PS5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why should Souls games be Free to Play? That's a ing disgusting thought, turning one of the greatest current franchises in gaming into some microtransaction laden pay2win crap. Thank ing god From Software isn't going down the Ubisoft trash route. If we didn't have developers like From making amazing first party games you pay once for there is no way in I would have ever bought a PS5.
    Because it’s a one trick pony that’s why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it’s a one trick pony that’s why.
    LOL the series with the some of the best fighting mechanics and tons of different interesting builds that play completely differently is a one trick pony? Where do you come up with this ? Have you even played any Soulsborne games or Sekiro?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL the series with the some of the best fighting mechanics and tons of different interesting builds that play completely differently is a one trick pony? Where do you come up with this ? Have you even played any Soulsborne games or Sekiro?
    I have Sekiro, just haven’t played it yet.

To me Sekiro is different than a Souls game. It at least has some sort of a cohesive story and the combat has a fluid and rhythm to it.

Don’t get defensive about it, man. I just don’t find raging for 10 hours at a boss appealing at all. But Souls players got my respect for their dedication either way. I know for sure I couldn’t beat one boss on my best day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Double post*

Thread Information