Page 331 of 376 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 9386
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Been playing Days Gone, which I couldn't get into back in the PS4 days... it's actually pretty neat
    Underrated game. but it does start slow and takes a good amount of time for the story to pick up

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drunkard is a miniboss to be fair. and as for the mist noble, i think thats a situation where the forest itself is kinda considered the boss, finding out where to go. the mist noble is basically a meme.

loved the first guardian ape fight. second one is more annoying than anything, but the smaller ape is considerably weaker. very easy to screw up its posture especially with prosthetic tools.
    I didn't want to use up my spirit emblems on the brown ape since I needed them for the headless ape though. Just basically had to run around the arena to create enough separation between the two to get brown ape to attack me maybe 3 times so I could parry them and then get in a swipe or two. Lucky his health is pretty low but I just had to get quick hits and run, made the fight take forever.

man i completely forgot about/blocked out the shotgun minibosses. completely hated both fights.
    Oh thank god there isn't a third.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't want to use up my spirit emblems on the brown ape since I needed them for the headless ape though. Just basically had to run around the arena to create enough separation to get brown ape to attack me maybe 3 times so I could parry them and then get in a swipe or two. Lucky his health is pretty low but I just had to get quick hits and run, made the fight take forever.
    fair, but i felt the most challenging aspect of the fight was that with both of them around its very difficult to find moments to sneak in some damage. i'd rather take on the big ape one on one without spirit emblems than try to fight both for a prolonged period. your mileage may vary

Oh thank god there isn't a third.
    ah damn, wasnt trying to get into spoiler stuff. but yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fair, but i felt the most challenging aspect of the fight was that with both of them around its very difficult to find moments to sneak in some damage. i'd rather take on the big ape one on one without spirit emblems than try to fight both for a prolonged period. your mileage may vary

ah damn, wasnt trying to get into spoiler stuff. but yeah
    The spear is super effective against headless ape, you can pull the centipede out with it and stun him for a couple of free hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spear is super effective against headless ape, you can pull the centipede out with it and stun him for a couple of free hits.
    did you figure that out by accident or have you been doing some reading?

i definitely did not know that in my first playthrough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tried it when the fireworks stopped working well after cutting his head off. God damn was I pissed when he resurrected for that second phase in the first fight.

Almost as much as when I found out Genichiro had that third health bar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL that spear is awesome. Was able to cheese 1 1/3 health bars out of of that miniboss at the upper dojo of Ashina Castle the second time you go there at sunset, but had to fight him legit for the last 2/3 of a bar since I had to use my stealth attack to get that purple er hiding out in the side of the arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL that spear is awesome. Was able to cheese 1 1/3 health bars out of of that miniboss at the upper dojo of Ashina Castle the second time you go there at sunset, but had to fight him legit for the last 2/3 of a bar since I had to use my stealth attack to get that purple er hiding out in the side of the arena.
    Gotta turn that purple guy into a puppet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta turn that purple guy into a puppet
    , didn't think of trying that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , didn't think of trying that.
    Didn’t think of it during my first run either. I did 3 full playthrough then some save cheese to get 4th ending and platinum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah the grab you just have to dodge or jump away. You can only do the goomba stomp if it’s a sweep attack, which he also does at some point iirc

and yeah he’s a very well done boss. There’s one other late game boss that’s a similar fight. Another battle of attrition type fight where it’s even harder to sneak hits in
    I thought the owl was going to be a similar fight since it's a swordfight so tried to build up his posture meter the first couple of times. Nope, mine fills quicker. Then tried using that spear, nope, got mikiri countered to . Then figured guess I gotta try dodging and it actually didn't end up too difficult. That one attack he does when he just runs at you and slices once with the sword is easy to dodge and get behind to hit him, even better if you dodge and shadowfall him for three hits. Or when he does the double shuriken throw parry those two then dodge the jump slice and go in for another hit or shadowfall three hits. Either get in for a quick hit or heal when he throws up that magic and parry everything else. Though I did get kind of lucky when I beat him since he never did that poison magic that time. But also finished him up quick that phase because I saved all my spirit emblems for shadowfalling when I'd dodge an attack and get behind him or to his side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the owl was going to be a similar fight since it's a swordfight so tried to build up his posture meter the first couple of times. Nope, mine fills quicker. Then tried using that spear, nope, got mikiri countered to . Then figured guess I gotta try dodging and it actually didn't end up too difficult. That one attack he does when he just runs at you and slices once with the sword is easy to dodge and get behind to hit him, even better if you dodge and shadowfall him for three hits. Or when he does the double shuriken throw parry those two then dodge the jump slice and go in for another hit or shadowfall three hits. Either get in for a quick hit or heal when he throws up that magic and parry everything else. Though I did get kind of lucky when I beat him since he never did that poison magic that time. But also finished him up quick that phase because I saved all my spirit emblems for shadowfalling when I'd dodge an attack and get behind him or to his side.
    Yeah that owl fight is like a harder version of genichiro but not as fun. There’s potentially a hidden second owl boss fight that requires you to have done some eavesdropping stuff (I’d never figure it out without having read it before my second playthrough). That one is another great fight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that owl fight is like a harder version of genichiro but not as fun. There’s potentially a hidden second owl boss fight that requires you to have done some eavesdropping stuff (I’d never figure it out without having read it before my second playthrough). That one is another great fight
    Didn't feel anything like the Genichiro fight IMO other than the setting. Genichiro was about parrying everything to build posture meter whil building posture meter was a waste of time with the owl and you had to chip away at its health instead. The owl felt like parrying was a last resort and was all about trying to bait a couple of attacks and dodging to get behind or to the owl's side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Days Gone is a underrated imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone played Ghostwire Tokyo yet? Was thinking of checking that out after I finish Sekiro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't feel anything like the Genichiro fight IMO other than the setting. Genichiro was about parrying everything to build posture meter whil building posture meter was a waste of time with the owl and you had to chip away at its health instead. The owl felt like parrying was a last resort and was all about trying to bait a couple of attacks and dodging to get behind or to the owl's side.
    They both seemed like battles of attrition i guess. Genichiro fight was more fun though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both seemed like battles of attrition i guess. Genichiro fight was more fun though
    Definitely my favorite fight of the game so far. Least favorite were the two against the shotgun bags.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone played Ghostwire Tokyo yet? Was thinking of checking that out after I finish Sekiro.
    I finished it when it came out. It was entertaining... not a memorable game though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finished it when it came out. It was entertaining... not a memorable game though.
    So like 6/10?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, pretty much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I looked it up and the owl in Hirata is nuts. Couldn't do that dodge into his sword slice I did in the first fight because he'd only do the one slice half the time when I baited him to charge me, the other half he'd do a 3-4 hit combo that required parrying. Do shadowfall on him and he mikiri counters it every time unless he's stunned. So have been baiting that 3-4 hit combo and deflecting it and then sniping hits when he winds up for that big overhead strike after. Ugh gotta get his healthbar down like halfway before I can start working on his posture too where I can change to doing the headstomp instead when he does that 3-4 hit combo that ends with the sweep. Otherwise he regains posture way too quickly if I haven't gotten his healthbar down to at least 50%. Can only get early into his second phase now, this guy's a bas . Second phase doesn't seem all that much harder, I'm just running low on gourd seeds by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I looked it up and the owl in Hirata is nuts. Couldn't do that dodge into his sword slice I did in the first fight because he'd only do the one slice half the time when I baited him to charge me, the other half he'd do a 3-4 hit combo that required parrying. Do shadowfall on him and he mikiri counters it every time unless he's stunned. So have been baiting that 3-4 hit combo and deflecting it and then sniping hits when he winds up for that big overhead strike after. Ugh gotta get his healthbar down like halfway before I can start working on his posture too where I can change to doing the headstomp instead when he does that 3-4 hit combo that ends with the sweep. Otherwise he regains posture way too quickly if I haven't gotten his healthbar down to at least 50%. Can only get early into his second phase now, this guy's a bas . Second phase doesn't seem all that much harder, I'm just running low on gourd seeds by then.
    i didnt want to give spoilers, but Great Shinobi Owl imo was one of the best fights in the game, and i didnt want you to miss or have to do an entire second run just to get that fight

i know that in the DLC you can do boss runs and there are enhanced/harder versions of some of the bosses... one of them being Great Shinobi Owl. if you think this version is tough...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i cant remember if the hard one was Owl Father or Great Shinobi Owl. but theres an even harder version of the Hirata one in the DLC. Genichiro as well. and some others i dont want to spoil

luckily the DLC doesnt require you to play through the game, its just straight boss runs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, i cant edit anything

theres a total of 4 guantlets/boss runs. 3 of them were a string of anywhere between 3-5 bosses that you have to sweep, and they finish with one of the "inner" bosses. the last one i didnt bother with is a boss run of literally every boss in the game. i had no interest in trying to perfect my skills to that degree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didnt want to give spoilers, but Great Shinobi Owl imo was one of the best fights in the game, and i didnt want you to miss or have to do an entire second run just to get that fight

i know that in the DLC you can do boss runs and there are enhanced/harder versions of some of the bosses... one of them being Great Shinobi Owl. if you think this version is tough...
    Any good strategies other than baiting that 4 hit combo to snipe hits / head stomp and Mikiri countering when he does the thrust 危 attack?

Thread Information