Page 342 of 376 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, it's a pixelated head
    Dude, it has more character than ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, it has more character than ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GoW:R definitely feels a little more difficult than the last game. Give me no Mercy has been harder than I thought it would be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GoW:R definitely feels a little more difficult than the last game. Give me no Mercy has been harder than I thought it would be
    im playing on this difficulty as well, which is the equivalent of "give me a challenge" in 2018. the main difference i've felt is that enemies are generally less likely to stagger, even pretty basic ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only real gripe with the combat is that it seems like 80% of the time my runic attack will stagger any enemy but then enemies will walk right through them and smack me. Even the most basic minions.

if they want to have a rule where some enemies don’t get staggered fine. It’s the inconsistencies that feel cheap

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Downloaded deathloop and THPS on sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Berserker fights are this games version of the Valkyries. I think the individual berserkers are fine, but the dark souls style gank fights fighting 2 or 3 of them, or one that keeps spawning minions, just aren't very satisfying. spent well over an hour fighting the 3 on 1 until i finally broke through. i'm still pretty under-leveled for the 2v1 (everything one shots me, and im not good enough to flawless these fights yet)

supposedly the last berkserker is comparable to sigrun, and i'm looking forward to that challenge later. gonna get back into main story for a bit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fresh off my Ragnarok platinum today.

Still have a couple of side missions to do and haven't actually 100 percented every region yet. I played on Give me a Balance Experience. No idea how you guys can just jump right into no mercy. that. I felt like the game gets insanely difficult towards the end so I'm happy with the challenge overall.

Game delivers as usual. The story was strong and the combat, while mostly the same its still top notch. Though I will say I had some issues with it. The dodging and parrying in this game is broken or something. Either that or Kratos has the biggest hitbox in video game history. The amount of times I died due to getting stun locked was crazy. I may be wrong on this but also the iframes in Ragnarok work differently. You can actually get hit while in an animation like when you use runic or rage mode. The berserkers and umm the last "secret" boss are the biggest headaches when it comes to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fresh off my Ragnarok platinum today.

Still have a couple of side missions to do and haven't actually 100 percented every region yet.
    wait so you can get platinum without having completed all the side missions? weird. figured that would have been part of it, though i havent specifically looked at trophies.

i flew to LA and will be here for about 6 weeks until just after the new year, so i wont be able to pick up the game until then. before i left i did just about every side quest/favor available to me. all i had left that i had marked was the Muspelheim Final Trials (already did the 6 original ones). other than gathering a few artifacts or maybe a chest here and there, i more or less 100%d what i could. think i have another berskerker somewhere but wasnt able to access him yet, so probably has to be after main story. i even finished all the ravens and beat the optional boss at the end of that

i just assumed all that would be necessary for a plat anyway

I played on Give me a Balance Experience. No idea how you guys can just jump right into no mercy. that. I felt like the game gets insanely difficult towards the end so I'm happy with the challenge overall.
    give me no mercy (same as give me a challenge from last game) felt fine. honestly as long as you do ample side content along the way, the main story ends up feeling much easier than the side stuff . after fighting several berserkers, the end of the campaign felt ridiculously easy.

honestly, i cant think of many parts of the main story where i felt i was having issues progressing. maybe Nidhogg took be several attempts to get used to his attacks. and heck even the miniboss right before him took me a few tries. but otherwise after maybe 1-2 attempts to figure out what their principle moveset was, thought the main game was fair. much like 2018, i felt some of the swarm mob encounters to be harder than the actual boss fights.

but some of the berserker fights were a real pain in the ass. i imagine the king will be a challenge like sigrun was.

Game delivers as usual. The story was strong and the combat, while mostly the same its still top notch. Though I will say I had some issues with it. The dodging and parrying in this game is broken or something. Either that or Kratos has the biggest hitbox in video game history.
    i didnt get this sense, though i do think the parry window was possibly less forgiving than 2018. there also are "perfect parries" if done at the very last possible moment. if you used the Dauntless shield (geared toward parry), you could tell because a regular parry would charge your shield to yellow while perfect parries did red

The amount of times I died due to getting stun locked was crazy.
    this almost always happened if i didnt properly parry a yellow attack, as those are "unblockable". if you try to block it, or you parry too soon, it stuns you. but easiest way to get out of that is to quickly pop spartan rage while in that vulnerable state.

I may be wrong on this but also the iframes in Ragnarok work differently. You can actually get hit while in an animation like when you use runic or rage mode. The berserkers and umm the last "secret" boss are the biggest headaches when it comes to that.
    iirc you always could get hit while going into a runic animation. some specific ones granted immunity in the first game. one of the blades runic attacks where you run with the shield, for example. but yes, berserkers capitalize on that stuff more than most. my bigger issue is that in this game, at seemingly random times, my runic attacks wouldnt stun an enemy. so while my attack has been going on for 1.5-2 seconds already and im locked in the animation dude just walks right through it and hits me. it didnt seem like an intended mechanic, as even berskerkers like 90-95% of the time get stunned by every runic attack as long as its hitting them

as far as rage, i havent had that experience as long as you use the regular "Fury" rage. but i did notice that you still take damage while using the Valor version if there is an incoming attack, so i basically never used it. i didnt try Wrath out much

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait so you can get platinum without having completed all the side missions? weird. figured that would have been part of it, though i havent specifically looked at trophies.

i just assumed all that would be necessary for a plat anyway
    Not all side quest give you a trophy. The only place you need to 100% is Vanaheim.

The important factors are in getting the legendary chests, Normir chests for health and rage, getting all Ravens and killing all berserkers as they drop hilts which count for the collectors trophy.

Those are the hardest, grindiest trophies in the game. The rest are self revealing once you look up the trophy name and it's description.

i didnt get this sense, though i do think the parry window was possibly less forgiving than 2018. there also are "perfect parries" if done at the very last possible moment. if you used the Dauntless shield (geared toward parry), you could tell because a regular parry would charge your shield to yellow while perfect parries did red
    It must have been that then. The shield I used for most of my playthrough was the bashing one. The double Tap L and Kratos would rush the enemie's most powerful attacks which broke them out of their animation for a quick combo.

One thing I noticed is that in this game, the armor and buffs you are given aren't nearly as powerful as in the first one. They all come post game. The Berserker King armor is OP and the runic is almost game breaking. But you have to pretty much be level 9 to fight him otherwise you'll have a bad time.

Game+ should be fun. I'll definitely crank up the difficulty then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all side quest give you a trophy. The only place you need to 100% is Vanaheim.

The important factors are in getting the legendary chests, Normir chests for health and rage, getting all Ravens and killing all berserkers as they drop hilts which count for the collectors trophy.

Those are the hardest, grindiest trophies in the game. The rest are self revealing once you look up the trophy name and it's description.

It must have been that then. The shield I used for most of my playthrough was the bashing one. The double Tap L and Kratos would rush the enemie's most powerful attacks which broke them out of their animation for a quick combo.

One thing I noticed is that in this game, the armor and buffs you are given aren't nearly as powerful as in the first one. They all come post game. The Berserker King armor is OP and the runic is almost game breaking. But you have to pretty much be level 9 to fight him otherwise you'll have a bad time.

Game+ should be fun. I'll definitely crank up the difficulty then.
    im pretty sure i only have one berserker left before unlocking the King. the 1v1 berserker fights were all fine. died to all of them at least once, but most started feeling pretty predictable, much like valkyries. only ones that truly felt frustrating were the gank fights. the 2v1, the 3v1, and to a slightly lesser degree, the one that kept spawning other minions

mechanically, the 2v1 was not that hard (usually only one was attacking you at a time), but those guys were at a fairly high level when i first tried fighting them, so everything was killing me in one hit. the 3v1 took me a long time to figure out a viable strategy. was by far the most frustrating thing in the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finished the story a while back... still gotta go back and wrap up all the side stuff...

Since I was traveling for 3 weeks, I built a backlog of games to check out.

Finished the COD campaign (meh) and playing A Plague's Tale: Requiem right now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finished the story a while back... still gotta go back and wrap up all the side stuff...

Make sure to do the curtain call side quest mission that puts a bow on the game.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You playing on PoorC or PoorStation 5?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You playing on PoorC or PoorStation 5?
    PS5

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    GT7 coming to PC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GT7 coming to PC
    Always online trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC:Oddysee is so good. I was impressed with the new engine in AC:Origins and they made it 10x better.

Hopefully Alexios can marry this one later on

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Ready for Calisto Protocol tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just got my code for it from the 6700 XT I got last week. Though Ragnarok comes first.

The card also came with a code for Dead Island 2 but expecting that game to be pretty , the dev for that hasn't put out a good game since Time Splitters 2 on PS2 lol. But Callisto looks like it's going to be awesome.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-01-2022 at 01:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, you heard about Epic Game Store's Christmas promo? Next week they're giving away Saints Row IV, but then after that they're doing 15 days of giveaways, and they have given away some really nice . Some of the freebies they have given away in the past:

A Plague Tale: Innocence
    Alien Isolation
    Entire Bioshock Series
    Borderlands 2,3, and Pre-Sequel
    Cities Skylines
    Control
    Doom 64
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    GTA V
    Hitman
    Inside
    Maneater
    Metro 2033
    Metro Last Light
    Nioh Complete Edition
    Prey
    Rage 2
    Entire Tomb Raider Trilogy (TR2013, ROTR, SOTR)
    Saints Row The Third Remaster
    Sonic Mania
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    Watch Dogs 2
    Wolfenstein The New Order
    XCom 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AC:Oddysee is so good. I was impressed with the new engine in AC:Origins and they made it 10x better.

Hopefully Alexios can marry this one later on

i found the actual gameplay mechanics, combat, etc to be pretty good tbh

but the game overall was way too big for its own good, and side quests were almost never interesting. after some point i was just spamming x to skip through dialogue because it was just getting tiring and never worth it. and there was little point TO doing side content and leveling up (or getting better gear) because the enemies always scale with your level no matter what, and once you find a basic tier weapon 1-2 levels above your legend tier one, its already outclassing it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i found the actual gameplay mechanics, combat, etc to be pretty good tbh

but the game overall was way too big for its own good, and side quests were almost never interesting. after some point i was just spamming x to skip through dialogue because it was just getting tiring and never worth it. and there was little point TO doing side content and leveling up (or getting better gear) because the enemies always scale with your level no matter what, and once you find a basic tier weapon 1-2 levels above your legend tier one, its already outclassing it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well deserved. its quite literally just god of war 2.0, a pure upgrade from 2018 in just about every way imaginable. only blemish in the game is that at some point there is some sidequest fatigue. i wouldnt go so far to say that its assassins creed-esque, but it had a little bit of that feel in one of the realms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished the main story of Final Fantasy VII Remake, amazing game and love the soundtrack too. Only disappointing thing was I couldn't choose Tifa as my party leader in the main boss fight, though guess it makes sense for story reasons that Cloud would be it. Still, love fighting with Tifa as party leader. Will probably play the Yuffie DLC for it next before moving on to Ragnarok.

Thread Information