Page 353 of 376 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 9386
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny when doing the realm shift build I still hated how little damage I was doing and found out I could still usually sneak hits in on the sisters even without triggering the realm shift, so dumped the realm shift wrist and waist armor and went back to the full Lunda set. Even managed to take the triple berserkers out without equipping my Vanaheim amulet set that added extra damage onto status affected enemies; still had my realm shift relics equipped that were useless without realm shift armor.

Lunda's chest piece with the Vanaheim amulets and the dragon wrist and waist armor is really good in the game though. Instead of getting +40% melee attack onto poisoned enemies you get +50% shield attack without needing the poison plus whatever you inflict on the enemy with poison from your shield. Really eager to see how this build holds up to the Valkyrie Queen once I get there.
    i know there was some amulet piece that let you do more damage during realm shift, that was nice. when you unlock the berserker chest armor (ironically i think you get that from the triple berserker fight), it gives you that ability that increases your damage dealt (and taken) when triggering a relic. so you combine the realm shift relic with that (in addition to the realm shift damage amulet) and you can really start doing some crazy things

in my GMGOW run it was hilarious how fast i was able to dispatch the late game story bosses (since i went ahead and did all the berserker fights as soon as they were available) by using realm shift that way.

i would build permafrost with my axe, use the L1 + triangle thing to charge it (and used grip of nine realms which automatically triggers realm shift while doing that), got in the full R1 + R1 + R1 + R2 combo, trigger the realm shift relic, and while axe is still charged, do that full combo but with the triple R2 finisher. basically ate through any health the story bosses had like it was nothing

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think I have played enough of Ragnarok to rate it a 10/10, better than I rated the 2018 game (9.5/10). The berserker fights are more interesting than the valkyrie fights were in 2018 and overall I think I liked the story better too. Still not really close to taking down Gna, can get her to two health bars but still haven't gotten the timing on her For Asgard stomp when she does the bifrost first down yet, but it's a pretty awesome bossfight. Aside from that one really ty berserker fight where he calls in trash mobs constantly I think the only thing I haven't liked in the game with the first half of the Jotunheim level you play as Atreus, that was a ing snore. Bossfight in the second half was good though and made up for it. Really didn't expect they'd be able to recreate the same quality of GOW2018 again, but honestly think they comfortably surpassed it here.

Can't believe people called 2022 a weak year in gaming when we got two games I think were rock solid 10/10 in Elden Ring and Ragnarok. And I can only think of 12 or 13 games ever made I'd rate 10/10, and the previous year I can think of that had two of them was 1998 (Half Life 1 and Fallout 2).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think I have played enough of Ragnarok to rate it a 10/10, better than I rated the 2018 game (9.5/10). The berserker fights are more interesting than the valkyrie fights were in 2018 and overall I think I liked the story better too. Still not really close to taking down Gna, can get her to two health bars but still haven't gotten the timing on her For Asgard stomp when she does the bifrost first down yet, but it's a pretty awesome bossfight. Aside from that one really ty berserker fight where he calls in trash mobs constantly I think the only thing I haven't liked in the game with the first half of the Jotunheim level you play as Atreus, that was a ing snore. Bossfight in the second half was good though and made up for it. Really didn't expect they'd be able to recreate the same quality of GOW2018 again, but honestly think they comfortably surpassed it here.

Can't believe people called 2022 a weak year in gaming when we got two games I think were rock solid 10/10 in Elden Ring and Ragnarok. And I can only think of 12 or 13 games ever made I'd rate 10/10, and the previous year I can think of that had two of them was 1998 (Half Life 1 and Fallout 2).
    yeah i mean ragnarok was clearly just a technical improvement in every way over 2018. better combat, better enemy variety, more places to explore, a new weapon, shield variety. quality of life improvements like easier traversal with the blades. only place i think the gameplay took a step back was the barehanded/shield combat was toned down a lot. had its own skill tree and everything in 2018

but this game definitely still stands on the shoulders of 2018. i dont think i got the same sense of awe/amazement as i did then. the narrative was tighter in the first game, and i found the pacing of the story to be better. i also felt that for all the buildup, ragnarok itself was kinda rushed.

but i give both games 10/10 personally, both among the top 5 games ive ever played

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took down the Berserker King and while he was pretty hard for me, not anywhere close to the triple berserker fight nor the gank mob berserker fight.
    Shift realm build + the hilt you get for defeating the King makes the Valkyrie queen fight a show to behold. For future reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    me, got Gna to 1/3 of a health bar and choked. Makes me want to chuck my PS5 into ing traffic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally dumped SW Battlefront 2 , got Fallen Order for dirt cheap

No regret so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow WTF I just changed Freya's accessories to the one that buffs your attack when she's out of arrows and the one that fires three arrows every third sigil arrow as well as keeping the one that buffs your attack when the enemy is hexed and I massacred Gna like it was nothing, think I took one hit the entire fight and that was only running up on Gna to do a relic attack at the very beginning of the fight. Can't believe changing out two of Freya's accessories took the fight from a drawn out war of attrition I'd always lose to just complete domination. Think I took her out in maybe a minute and a half with that build. Namely:

CHEST ARMOR: Lunda's cuirass (for the poison application)
    WRIST AND WAIST ARMOR: The scaled dragon set (for the +50% melee attacks)
    SHIELD: Stone Wall Shield with Rond of Affliction (to do big damage on shield bash when enemy is poisoned)
    RELIC: Forgot what it's called, the one with a bunch of swords you get from the berserker king
    FREYA SWORD: Mardoll (for the bifrost)
    FREYA ACCESSORIES: See above
    FREYA RUNIC: The one where she throws two swords at the enemy

And then using barehand attacks the whole way and trying to keep as close to Gna as possible. Didn't expect her to be so easily beatable on Give Me No Mercy. Guess I just have the Muspellheim trials left to get the plat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow WTF I just changed Freya's accessories to the one that buffs your attack when she's out of arrows and the one that fires three arrows every third sigil arrow as well as keeping the one that buffs your attack when the enemy is hexed and I massacred Gna like it was nothing, think I took one hit the entire fight and that was only running up on Gna to do a relic attack at the very beginning of the fight. Can't believe changing out two of Freya's accessories took the fight from a drawn out war of attrition I'd always lose to just complete domination. Think I took her out in maybe a minute and a half with that build. Namely:

CHEST ARMOR: Lunda's cuirass (for the poison application)
    WRIST AND WAIST ARMOR: The scaled dragon set (for the +50% melee attacks)
    SHIELD: Stone Wall Shield with Rond of Affliction (to do big damage on shield bash when enemy is poisoned)
    RELIC: Forgot what it's called, the one with a bunch of swords you get from the berserker king
    FREYA SWORD: Mardoll (for the bifrost)
    FREYA ACCESSORIES: See above
    FREYA RUNIC: The one where she throws two swords at the enemy

And then using barehand attacks the whole way and trying to keep as close to Gna as possible. Didn't expect her to be so easily beatable on Give Me No Mercy. Guess I just have the Muspellheim trials left to get the plat.
    LOL stone wall shield

git gud bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL stone wall shield

git gud bro
    Meh poison barehand build is better with Stone Wall than Dauntless IMO since in boss fights I'm doing shield bash right before the poison wears off to create an explosion so doesn't matter if my shield gets too heated from blocking. Definitely don't feel the risk vs reward is worth it trying to parry poison projectiles from the gank mob in that one berserker fight, since I'm putting poison on the boss anyways with every strike. And risk vs reward for the projectiles in the 3 on 1 isn't worth it either IMO since I have to keep really close tabs on the red mother er when I'm taking the sisters out. Dauntless does have a really nice parry window though. Never even bothered trying the other shields. Anything worth using besides Stone Wall and Dauntless? Might go back and play again with a build based on realm shift like I did in the first game for a second playthrough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh poison barehand build is better with Stone Wall than Dauntless IMO since in boss fights I'm doing shield bash right before the poison wears off to create an explosion so doesn't matter if my shield gets too heated from blocking. Definitely don't feel the risk vs reward is worth it trying to parry poison projectiles from the gank mob in that one berserker fight, since I'm putting poison on the boss anyways with every strike. And risk vs reward for the projectiles in the 3 on 1 isn't worth it either IMO since I have to keep really close tabs on the red mother er when I'm taking the sisters out. Dauntless does have a really nice parry window though. Never even bothered trying the other shields. Anything worth using besides Stone Wall and Dauntless?
    only other one i like is guardian shield.

if im not mistaken, guardian and dauntless are the only ones capable of redirecting projectiles (dauntless does is automatically with the parry, guardian shield requires you to press R1 after the parry).

the benefit of the guardian shield is that the R1 follow up to a parry is insanely quick and basically guarantees that you can interrupt/stagger an enemy even if they are mid combo, whereas with the dauntless shield, if an enemy is doing like a 3 hit combo, you probably dont have time to shield bash after a parry, you have to wait out their combo (or if skilled enough, for maximum stun buildup, parry each attack of their combo), and only then follow up with the shield bash. think thats visible in some of my clips in the 3v1 fight using the dauntless, where i have to parry 3-4 straight swings from the main guy, whereas with guardian you can almost certainly pull off the R1 attack at any point in that combo.

but i like the dauntless because the stun damage is huge and that makes for an easy way to take chunks off bosses HP by building the stun all the way. the auto projectile redirect is nice, and like you said, the shield bash range and quickness is quite good on it. the shield bash range for the guardian shield is actually quite short, so when switching to that after dauntless to try it out, that got me punished a few times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already having Ragnarok withdrawals and really don't want to play anything right now despite a massive backlog.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already having Ragnarok withdrawals and really don't want to play anything right now despite a massive backlog.
    thats how i felt after the game. after maybe a few days off, i ended up just starting a second playthrough on GMGOW. was worth it. though by the end i started getting annoyed at not being able to skip some of the cutscenes which were somewhat long. that and the Ironwood part of the game... yeesh

i know in the 2018 game, you were able to skip cutscenes on NG+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats how i felt after the game. after maybe a few days off, i ended up just starting a second playthrough on GMGOW. was worth it. though by the end i started getting annoyed at not being able to skip some of the cutscenes which were somewhat long. that and the Ironwood part of the game... yeesh

i know in the 2018 game, you were able to skip cutscenes on NG+
    Probably time for a twelfth playthrough of Persona 4 Golden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably time for a twelfth playthrough of Persona 4 Golden Remasterd Revisited: Complete Edition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Persona's got some real bangers in its soundtracks though. Like this one, killer lyrics, 川村ゆみ killed here:

Live with violent manly
    Spear inside of consciousness
    I'm just one player
    Cleveland other coat rack
    Hey Greg, fools just don't stop
    I see three-way from death
    The world is all I sent you

All my righties begged you ring me for
    溶けでゆく
    Both of my, red or white
    Ready for a bridge to nowhere

All my righties begged you ring me for
    安らいだ
    My loves play with no one
    My love's limpy pillar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, prob will jump on Yakuza 7 for a real change of pace after playing Elden Ring and then Ragnarok (with a turn at Control for a few hours in between, but I got bored with it and stopped playing the game).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Ace combat 7 and Control. Beat Control a few days ago and have been on clean up trophy duty. Got the plat last night and working on the Ace Combat one now.

Did all the multiplayer trophy first (ugh, why must they include these for 100%? ) and now working on getting S rank on every mission on Ace diffculty.

Collection looking good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally dumped SW Battlefront 2 , got Fallen Order for dirt cheap

No regret so far
    I really enjoyed Fallen Order. Looking forward to Survivor next month tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just started up Yakuza Like a Dragon and rofl that Ichiban talks about all his experience in Dragon Quest games being his training for being a Yakuza loan collector since the turn based combat in the game is basically Dragon Quest's.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    waiting for RE4 to come out. Been kinda bored with the recent newer games i've played. Went back to AC: Odyssey for a bit to kill time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    waiting for RE4 to come out. Been kinda bored with the recent newer games i've played. Went back to AC: Odyssey for a bit to kill time
    i was pretty lukewarm about that game. story got boring/exhaustive. combat was reasonably good though. didnt really feel like assassins creed to me. really hated the enemy/weapon/armor scaling system. but yeah good time killer for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised you're not jumping on TLOU Part 1 coming to Steam on Tuesday. I'll probably check it out to see if the remake looks that much better than the PS4 version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hogwarts got boring pretty quickly. Hoping RE4 lives up to the hype. RE2 remake was amazing but RE3 was awful in comparison. I don't want to buy it until it's on sale but man i don't know what else to play right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really enjoyed Fallen Order. Looking forward to Survivor next month tbh
    Yeah the sequel looks awesome tbh

I've paused playing JFA until next winter, the weather is getting nicer, I don't wait to stay inside playing games lol

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Surprised you're not jumping on TLOU Part 1 coming to Steam on Tuesday. I'll probably check it out to see if the remake looks that much better than the PS4 version.
    if i hadnt got it when it came out on PS5 i would have don't see the point in getting it on PC tbh

Thread Information