Page 365 of 376 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it launched in this state this year, it would probably be my GOTY. It's still IMO the greatest graphical achievement in gaming history by a healthy margin, the characters are varied and interesting, the missions are ing spectacular, and it's just a completely different experience to launch day. With the new skill trees it's legitimately a fun, almost transformative RPG, the way it allows you to craft a character is incredibly empowering when you start chaining abilities together and laying waste to groups of enemies.
    Do you play with RT reflections and if so at what resolution? They look pretty awesome even compared to SSR ultra, but given I have an 6700 XT they'd probably be the difference between running 1440p vs 1080p like they were on Control for me. None of the other RT effects look like they're at all worth the performance hit, especially RT lighting which completely takes a hatchet to framerate.

EDIT: Nevemind, have to drop FSR's render resolution to 720p to even get ~60 fps in the benchmark with RT reflections on
    Last edited by baseline bum; 10-05-2023 at 11:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you play with RT reflections and if so at what resolution? They look pretty awesome even compared to SSR ultra, but given I have an 6700 XT they'd probably be the difference between running 1440p vs 1080p like they were on Control for me. None of the other RT effects look like they're at all worth the performance hit, especially RT lighting which completely takes a hatchet to framerate.

EDIT: Nevemind, have to drop FSR's render resolution to 720p to even get ~60 fps in the benchmark with RT reflections on
    On my 7900xt, settings are 45% high, 45% ultra, 10% medium (totally estimating). I use XESS Balanced @ 3440x1440 and have raytracing reflections off but lighting turned on medium. I get a solid 85 FPS with 1% dips to 73-76, which keeps gameplay very smooth and responsive.

I've toyed with turning both reflections and lighting on, it drops my FPS to 70 but 1% lows drop into the 50s and honestly reflections are still rasterized in many places even when RT is turned on, so I think overall lighting is more transformative scene to scene.

Still tweaking settings. I may try to find some mods that improve performance a bit without a cost to visuals and then turn reflections back on. Right now it's close to being smooth but I just prefer the extra frames.

I can post a SS with my settings if you want.

When FSR 2.2 and FSR 3.0 are released for CP2077 I'm probably going to be able to run RT on ultra, that'll be dope.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 10-05-2023 at 11:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My settings are 45% high, 45% ultra, 10% medium. I use XESS Balanced @ 3440x1440 and have raytracing reflections off but lighting turned on medium. I get a solid 85 FPS with 1% dips to 73-76, which keeps gameplay very smooth and responsive.

I've toyed with turning both reflections and lighting on, it drops my FPS to 70 but 1% lows drop into the 50s and honestly reflections are still rasterized in many places even when RT is turned on, so I think overall lighting is more transformative scene to scene.

Still tweaking settings. I may try to find some mods that improve performance a bit without a cost to visuals and then turn reflections back on. Right now it's close to being smooth but I just prefer the extra frames.

I can post a SS with my settings if you want.
    WTF getting that low performance on XESS Balanced with a 7900 XT? That's only like 2024x847 render resolution, which is only 83% of the pixels of 1080p. I'm in the 50s on a 6700 XT with Hardware Unboxed's optimized HUB Quality settings at 4k quality FSR 2.1, which is 2560x1440 render resolution. But there is no RT whatsoever in those settings.

They crap on RT lighting and argue only RT reflections are worth turning on unless you have a 4090 for RT overdrive, though that 25% performance drop for RT reflections seems like it only applies to current gen Nvidia.

Why XESS over FSR also? It's a huge performance hit vs FSR 2.1 on my 6700 XT and I think FSR 2.1 looks better, at least at 1440p render resolution upscaled to 4k. Like a 15-20% drop in FPS using XESS Quality vs FSR 2.1 quality at 4k for me.

Last edited by baseline bum; 10-06-2023 at 12:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF getting that low performance on XESS Balanced with a 7900 XT? That's only like 2024x847 render resolution, which is only 83% of the pixels of 1080p. I'm in the 50s on a 6700 XT with Hardware Unboxed's optimized HUB Quality settings at 4k quality FSR 2.1, which is 2560x1440 render resolution. But there is no RT whatsoever in those settings.

They crap on RT lighting and argue only RT reflections are worth turning on unless you have a 4090 for RT overdrive, though that 25% performance drop for RT reflections seems like it only applies to current gen Nvidia.

Why XESS over FSR also? It's a huge performance hit vs FSR 2.1 on my 6700 XT and I think FSR 2.1 looks better, at least at 1440p render resolution upscaled to 4k. Like a 15-20% drop in FPS using XESS Quality vs FSR 2.1 quality at 4k for me.

I probably need to overclock my RAM, just haven't had time to mess with it. I also need to update my mobo BIOS.

I think XESS looks great on balanced TBH, probably slightly better than FSR. I've read 2.2 is a significant upgrade for both frame rate and visual quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phantom Liberty is bad ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all need to play Judgement. I’m at the very end of the game. Solid 7.5

Pros
    - Flawed masterpiece
    - Best Yakuza Pacing imo
    - amazing story overall with great characters
    - combat better than Yakuza 0
    - Good side quests (not at Yakuza 0 level though)

Cons

- re ed trail mission. Keep this to main story. Thankfully there’s not a lot.
    - never been the biggest fan of Yakuza combat in general though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BaselineBum SPURrider

Play it.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You all need to play Judgement. I’m at the very end of the game. Solid 7.5

Pros
    - Flawed masterpiece
    - Best Yakuza Pacing imo
    - amazing story overall with great characters
    - combat better than Yakuza 0
    - Good side quests (not at Yakuza 0 level though)

Cons

- re ed trail mission. Keep this to main story. Thankfully there’s not a lot.
    - never been the biggest fan of Yakuza combat in general though
    Oh neat, I thought you died. welcome back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have it but I'm not going to play it right now because I'm jumping on Like a Dragon Gaiden on Day 1 next month and don't want to play two Yakuza style games back to back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh neat, I thought you died. welcome back
    nah hes been posting under some alt. im pretty sure hes the one starting those dumbass Kevin Tran threads on the spurs forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.meta.com/experiences/634...oculusredirect

This game is actually really, really good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition on my Steam Deck and it's a blast. Highly recommended, and the Deck is perfect for that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum are 100% off sales still a thing? Skidrow Reloaded sucks now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The legends Conspir4cy, CODEX, Reloaded, 3dm, Baldman, Skidrow, Voksi, etc are all long retired and Empress is the only one cracking Denuvo any more. And sometimes Empress trolls like when they released Maneater despite it being a free game on Epic Game Store. Most Denuvo games don't get cracked these days and Empress won't crack a game until they get $500 in donations for it. Still lots of non-Denuvo games like Baldur's Gate 3, Starfield, Cyberpunk, Forza, Elden Ring, any Playstation game ported to PC, etc you can pirate and lots of games drop Denuvo after a while, for instance Live a Live just dropped it. But for Denuvo games cracked this year it's pretty slim pickings: the Denuvo games cracked this year have been Resident Evil 4 Remake, Judgment, AC Valhalla, Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Island 2, Monster Hunter Sunbreak, and some ty wrestling game. SkidrowReloaded.com is still my favorite place to get games off of but they just upload other people crack. Empress' last crack was two months ago (Judgment). Reddit's r/crackwatch is probably the best place to watch for new game releases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might get Persona fatigue but don't skip out on Persona 3 FES if you're hooking up your PS2. I don't know how PS3 FES performs on PCSX2 and you really don't need to play it per se seeing as there's no continuity of the Persona series from one game to another like the Final Fantasy series but I liked PS3 FES a little bit better than Persona 4 which says a lot since I really really liked Persona 4.
    ROFL Ms Toriumi finding out you're Tatsuya. Can't wait to see how that is handled in P3 Reload.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have it but I'm not going to play it right now because I'm jumping on Like a Dragon Gaiden on Day 1 next month and don't want to play two Yakuza style games back to back.
    Nice. I’m going to play Yakuza 8 eventually too. Any word on Yakuza 7? Trying to finish lost judgment right now and I’m absolutely loving it.

I think I’m on a RGG binge lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I’m going to play Yakuza 8 eventually too. Any word on Yakuza 7? Trying to finish lost judgment right now and I’m absolutely loving it.

I think I’m on a RGG binge lol.
    Like a Dragon 8 is a turn based RPG coming out next year, called Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth in the west.

It's a sequel to Yakuza Like a Dragon, called Like a Dragon 7 in Japan, which played like a Dragon Quest game in the Like a Dragon universe. I thought Yakuza Like a Dragon was a really solid 9/10. Not as good as Persona 3/4/5, more on par with say Final Fantasy VII Remake or Dragon Quest 11. Follows in the storyline of Iciban Kasuga.

Like a Dragon Gaiden is a sequel to Yakuza 6, eg the Kiryu series of beat 'em ups and it comes out next month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn even worse news. Supposedly Empress hasn't been heard from for a month now and that's the only person cracking Denuvo.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Phantom Liberty

Starfield

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Dead Space Remake going on Game Pass on the 26th. Might have to subscribe again, especially with Like a Dragon Gaiden coming to Game Pass at launch November 9th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I never played the OG and wanted to play it on PC but for whatever reason I could never get the game to launch and had to refund. Would have been cooler to release in October though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might get my hands on Spider Man 2 as soon as tomorrow. Game looks incredible and gameplay is even better by what I’ve seen on early reviews already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might get my hands on Spider Man 2 as soon as tomorrow. Game looks incredible and gameplay is even better by what I’ve seen on early reviews already.
    Been playing this all day. Game is mind blowing. The swinging and gliding is off the chain in this game.

you better have at least 130gbs free though. base game alone is 83gb and the version 1.1 patch is a whopping 37gb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing this all day. Game is mind blowing. The swinging and gliding is off the chain in this game.

you better have at least 130gbs free though. base game alone is 83gb and the version 1.1 patch is a whopping 37gb
    Is it much different gameplay wise from part one or the Miles game?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it much different gameplay wise from part one or the Miles game?
    it is not dissimilar, no. If you have recently played either Miles Morales or 2018, you will pick it off as if you were playing the other games.

You’re essentially getting better graphics, deeper (and much better story) along with a few tweaks to your abilities and combos while in combat. For example, you can parry the enemy in this game akin to Ghost of Tsushima. Other than that, they have pretty much left the gameplay alone and I must say I appreciate that.

Thread Information