Page 371 of 376 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 9386
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Been playing Mario Wonder recently…IMO, the best 2/2.5D Mario to date. Only gripe is that the non-Special World levels have consistently been easy as $hit. Although I’m only through 2 worlds so far IMO

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Mario Wonder recently…IMO, the best 2/2.5D Mario to date. Only gripe is that the non-Special World levels have consistently been easy as $hit. Although I’m only through 2 worlds so far IMO
    Better than Super Mario World and Super Mario 3? Wow. Gonna have to check it after the Spurs choke this game away to Portland's G-League team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Better than Super Mario World and Super Mario 3? Wow. Gonna have to check it after the Spurs choke this game away to Portland's G-League team.
    I think it's better than Super Mario World for sure, feels like the natural evolution that expands on a lot of ideas; although I wish they brought back the secret exits. That sh!t was an awesome feeling the first time you stumbled upon one in the original SMW. Getting a secret exit, cutting through a part of the map that you assumed was off limits, and taking a pipe to a secret fortress to fight those weird Reznor Rhinos.

I'll review again after finishing it along with the Secret World. It looks similar to Star World in that you access different areas of the map based on which world you come in from. So far, I've done one secret level and it was pretty well designed and very difficult as expected. I assume, just like the rest of the Mario games post 2010ish, there's probably an optional Kaizo type level at the very end you play if you've collected everything.

Mario 3 was my favorite and is still pretty close; just a different type of game. If I want to play through a quick game, that's overall challenging from start to finish without all the extra bells and whistles, SMB3 is still the best in that regard.

It is funny though what is considered "hard" now vs back in the early 1990s. There was one level I did yesterday, had moderately difficult platforming, that I breezed through on the first try that's apparently at "controller throwing" hard level for younger gamers. was surprised to see so many commenters on a YouTube video saying they burned through 30+ lives on what seemed like a pretty mid-tier level rofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is funny though what is considered "hard" now vs back in the early 1990s. There was one level I did yesterday, had moderately difficult platforming, that I breezed through on the first try that's apparently at "controller throwing" hard level for younger gamers. was surprised to see so many commenters on a YouTube video saying they burned through 30+ lives on what seemed like a pretty mid-tier level rofl
    You want hard play Japan Super Mario Bros 2. I cut my teeth on VS Super Mario Bros in the arcades as my parents wouldn't buy me an NES since they thought it was a fad after Atari went under, and that game had a bunch of Japan Super Mario 2 levels. I'd go to my friend's house and say oh god this level is really hard when they were playing Super Mario Bros on NES and then see no, the NES game didn't have wind and forward moving hammer bros and impossible jumps like VS Super Mario Bros did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you shoot 'em in the prick?
    You can actually, complete with the same reaction from the 1st movie

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You want hard play Japan Super Mario Bros 2. I cut my teeth on VS Super Mario Bros in the arcades as my parents wouldn't buy me an NES since they thought it was a fad after Atari went under, and that game had a bunch of Japan Super Mario 2 levels. I'd go to my friend's house and say oh god this level is really hard when they were playing Super Mario Bros on NES and then see no, the NES game didn't have wind and forward moving hammer bros and impossible jumps like VS Super Mario Bros did
    rofl

I think I finally beat Lost Levels legitimately (no save states) for the first time last year. I got good enough to where most of the levels really weren't THAT bad, but the late stage castle ones were just brutal. I seem to recall some crazy platforming jumps on those levels like jumping down onto a platform directly below you, which was ridiculous when the game physics actually took into account acceleration by gravity when falling and having no gamebreaking items like capes or raccoon tails to make jumping easier. Another one I remember was having to jump onto a pipe on the very edge with the piranha plant coming out of it. The last one, World D-4, IMO is the hardest Mario level I've ever played. It was so bad it was the only one I had to save state through for the longest time until finally beating it legitimately last year. haven't touched the game since

The US version of Mario Bros 2 (Doki Doki Panic) gave me much more trouble than 1 and 3 for the longest time until I realized where all the mushroom/potion locations were. Then it got stupid easy. I was basically playing the game in 'minimal health' mode the whole time unknowingly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice thing about miles morales being a short game is that you can breeze through NG+, even on the harder difficulty (which tbh doesnt feel any harder, especially with the OP skill you gain in NG+ that basically gives you a free life)

ive already gotten all the annoying trophies out of the way. once i wrap up the main story on NG+ i'll have plat

i dont usually hunt plat, but its not that hard for these spiderman games, and i did so in the first one, so felt i may as well carry on with it. heck, i think my only platinums are spider-man, god of war, sekiro, god of war: ragnarok, and soon to be miles morales

will jump into god of war DLC next

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Really curious about Asgard's Wrath 2, it's getting a lot of 10/10 reviews and is supposedly the first really legit VR game. I hear it runs just as well on the Quest 2 vs the 3 but still hard to stomach dropping $250 at minimum just to play 1 game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious about Asgard's Wrath 2, it's getting a lot of 10/10 reviews and is supposedly the first really legit VR game. I hear it runs just as well on the Quest 2 vs the 3 but still hard to stomach dropping $250 at minimum just to play 1 game
    Just buy a Fleshlight and get a Naughty America VR subscription tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finished the first world and so far it's cool but I wouldn't put it above Super Mario Maker 2's built in levels so far. And yeah even the four star level in World 1 was easy as . Much better than Super Mario U Deluxe though. I'm way too early to rank this but so far of the 2D/2.5D Marios I have played I'd rank them

1. Super Mario Bros 1 / VS Super Mario Bros
    2. Super Mario World
    3. Super Mario 3
    4. Super Mario Maker 2 (built-in levels)
    5. New Super Mario Bros (DS)
    6. New Super Mario Bros Wii
    7. Super Mario Land 2
    8. US Super Mario Bros 2
    9. Super Mario 3D World
    10. Japan Super Mario Bros 2
    11. New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
    12. Super Mario Land
    13. Mario Bros
    99. Super Mario Bros U

Gotta admit I never played Yoshi's Island as that crying baby annoyed the out of me.

Also don't get the VS Super Mario Bros on sale for Switch. It's terrible and has way too much lag to feel representative of the original arcade. Wish Nintendo would have done a Switch port of it.

There was also a SMB1 inspired game someone wrote for Atari 2600 a few years ago called Princess Rescue. Whoever programmed this JFC it's impressive for the hardware.

Last edited by baseline bum; 12-30-2023 at 01:44 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Finished the first world and so far it's cool but I wouldn't put it above Super Mario Maker 2's built in levels so far. And yeah even the four star level in World 1 was easy as . Much better than Super Mario U Deluxe though. I'm way too early to rank this but so far of the 2D/2.5D Marios I have played I'd rank them

2. Super Mario World
    3. Super Mario 3
    7. Super Mario Land 2
    8. US Super Mario Bros 2
    9. Super Mario 3D World
    12. Super Mario Land
    13. Mario Bros
    99. Super Mario Bros U

Gotta admit I never played Yoshi's Island as that crying baby annoyed the out of me.

Also don't get the VS Super Mario Bros on sale for Switch. It's terrible and has way too much lag to feel representative of the original arcade. Wish Nintendo would have done a Switch port of it.

There was also a SMB1 inspired game someone wrote for Atari 2600 a few years ago called Princess Rescue. Whoever programmed this JFC it's impressive for the hardware.

Worth playing through atleast once, but I'd put it in the middle of the pack or maybe even lower half as far as 2D Mario games go. It was a great game at the time, but hasn't really aged very well IMO. Whenever I've tried to play through it again, I end up not finishing and it's a pretty short game.

I'm about halfway through with Wonder and I'm realizing that it's just intentionally meant to be more of a 'fun' game than challenging. On World 4 and I've already got 99 lives and outside of just being carless, I couldn't imagine dying more than once on any level. Even the 4 star levels are a joke for the most part, although there are some cool puzzle based mini levels that I was actually stumped on for awhile. I stand corrected, there are a few levels with secret exits but they are usually pretty obvious and just consist of getting and then not getting the Wonder Seed.

Even playing four Special World levels, only one was actually hard, two were easy, and there was one hilarious one that just had a bunch of 'jump out of nowhere' enemies that was easy once you memorized where they were. Still really like the game, but it feels more like just watching a movie where I'm wondering what the he11 they're going to come up with next vs actually feeling accomplished when completing a level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. Super Mario World
    3. Super Mario 3
    7. Super Mario Land 2
    8. US Super Mario Bros 2
    9. Super Mario 3D World
    12. Super Mario Land
    13. Mario Bros
    99. Super Mario Bros U

Why do you dislike Super Mario U Deluxe so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you dislike Super Mario U Deluxe so much
    Only 2D Mario I have ever gotten bored by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been playing Rogue Trader and enjoy it. If you do not like 40k lore or reading I would not recommend it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just got into the Valhalla DLC of god of war. its much better than i thought considering it was free. thought it was basically going to be combat challenges but they actually have a surprisingly good amount of story/cutscene content where it feels like a proper DLC that you might ordinarily pay for.

im not super familiar with or crazy about the roguelike structure but its growing on me some

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Only 2D Mario I have ever gotten bored by.
    ok, I've beaten all of Mario Wonder with the exception of the Penultimate Bonus Level and f*ck this level rofl

It's a 10 room badge gauntlet with no power ups and a checkpoint in rooms 4 and 7. Just a meatgrinder of deaths until you memorize the rhythm/patterns of each level. Two rooms were particularly hard; one where you have the Spring badge and you have to precisely jump over the fireball rope things that move in a circle. And the last one with the Invisible badge which I'm currently stuck on. About halfway through the room I had to keep hopping up and down on those flying balloon things and legitimately had no idea where I was and of course get knocked back three rooms after dying. Taking a break now , but man this one is a grind. Only other level in the game that really took some time to beat was the Jump! Jump! Jump! level. Rest were pretty easy.

The last world's levels leading up to the last Bowser fight were pretty awesome as far as presentation tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, I've beaten all of Mario Wonder with the exception of the Penultimate Bonus Level and f*ck this level rofl

It's a 10 room badge gauntlet with no power ups and a checkpoint in rooms 4 and 7. Just a meatgrinder of deaths until you memorize the rhythm/patterns of each level. Two rooms were particularly hard; one where you have the Spring badge and you have to precisely jump over the fireball rope things that move in a circle. And the last one with the Invisible badge which I'm currently stuck on. About halfway through the room I had to keep hopping up and down on those flying balloon things and legitimately had no idea where I was and of course get knocked back three rooms after dying. Taking a break now , but man this one is a grind. Only other level in the game that really took some time to beat was the Jump! Jump! Jump! level. Rest were pretty easy.

The last world's levels leading up to the last Bowser fight were pretty awesome as far as presentation tbh
    Damn

Was playing it again last night and it has some really creative levels, but the second special level I got to was a real bas , though now I forget which one it was. First one was fun where you had disappearing and reappearing blocks and had to make a bunch of wall jumps.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Damn

Was playing it again last night and it has some really creative levels, but the second special level I got to was a real bas , though now I forget which one it was. First one was fun where you had disappearing and reappearing blocks and had to make a bunch of wall jumps.
    the wall jump one kicked my ass the most out of all of them. The fact you had to go really fast made it so that the last row of blocks would disappear on me right before making it to the end.

I finally beat the penultimate level, and had to do it twice because I missed the top of the flag the first time rofl. The last invisibility section was such a clusterf*ck, but the rest of the rooms weren't that bad. you re-do them enough times to where you can eventually speedrun them without too much trouble. Final reward for beating it was 'meh'. Only thing I really think was lacking were better boss fights, but 2D Mario games always just rehash the Koopalings or Bowser Jr so that was to be expected I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the wall jump one kicked my ass the most out of all of them. The fact you had to go really fast made it so that the last row of blocks would disappear on me right before making it to the end.

I finally beat the penultimate level, and had to do it twice because I missed the top of the flag the first time rofl. The last invisibility section was such a clusterf*ck, but the rest of the rooms weren't that bad. you re-do them enough times to where you can eventually speedrun them without too much trouble. Final reward for beating it was 'meh'. Only thing I really think was lacking were better boss fights, but 2D Mario games always just rehash the Koopalings or Bowser Jr so that was to be expected I guess.
    It was the one with the hippos. Funny enough I beat it the first try firing the game up again an hour ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One thing I gotta say is super annoying in this game is every time you beat a level some stupid NPC has lines of meaningless dialogue you just mash A to get through ASAP. Would be so annoying if they put this crap in say Super Mario 3 instead of only having like that after clearing out a castle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I can't wait for February 2nd

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    One thing I gotta say is super annoying in this game is every time you beat a level some stupid NPC has lines of meaningless dialogue you just mash A to get through ASAP. Would be so annoying if they put this crap in say Super Mario 3 instead of only having like that after clearing out a castle.
    yeah that and the 'break rooms' just seemed like unnecessary filler material imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that and the 'break rooms' just seemed like unnecessary filler material imho
    Got through World 4 and four of the special world stages and would probably consider this better than the Super Mario Maker 2 built in levels and definitely above New Super Mario DS, but think it still has a long way to go to be able to catch up to Super Mario 3 or Super Mario World. Still gotta hand it to Nintendo though, it's gotta be difficult to keep 2D Super Mario fresh after nearly forty years but they have definitely accomplished that in Wonder.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    fwiw, Worlds 5 and beyond are really good...game gets noticeably better after World 4 IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL died 17 times on that special stage where you have to play as a goomba

Thread Information