Page 374 of 376 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376 LastLast
Results 9,326 to 9,350 of 9386
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eventually you die so many times that eight out of the ten rooms you can speedrun blindfolded...The fire-rope room (I think room 6) and of course, the last Invisibility one are much tougher than the rest. I admit I leaned my cartridge against the screen when doing the last room to mark where on the plane Mario is supposed to be. Still challenging, but makes it doable in a reasonable amount of time IMO.
    I'll probably keep playing until I beat it, but only because I'm not going to start up a new game one week before Persona 3 Reload drops on Game Pass. Otherwise I'd probably casual that and stop once the credits rolled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eventually you die so many times that eight out of the ten rooms you can speedrun blindfolded...The fire-rope room (I think room 6) and of course, the last Invisibility one are much tougher than the rest. I admit I leaned my cartridge against the screen when doing the last room to mark where on the plane Mario is supposed to be. Still challenging since you have to guess how high he is to time the jumps perfectly, but makes it doable in a reasonable amount of time IMO.
    Also the next to last level was no picnic

LOL it trolling you saying it's the final level and then nope you get the final-final

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also the next to last level was no picnic

LOL it trolling you saying it's the final level and then nope you get the final-final
    Oh yeah the wall jump level, I can pretty much re-create that whole level in my head from having to re-do after dying in the last room so many times.

tbh that invisible room kinda spoils the ending a little bit since you pretty much have to use some kind of gimmick to beat it in order to track Mario on the "x-plane". I know the devs probably assumed players would do that and it meant it as a troll portion, but I'd imagine only the most seasoned basement dweller with ultra Neckbeard powers can beat a level straight up where Mario is invisible and needing to land 15 hairpin jumps in a row in order to complete it rofl. I imagine there's somebody out there who did it though... cheeto stains on his shirt and 100 4chan tabs open on his laptop at the same time tbh imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah the wall jump level, I can pretty much re-create that whole level in my head from having to re-do after dying in the last room so many times.

tbh that invisible room kinda spoils the ending a little bit since you pretty much have to use some kind of gimmick to beat it in order to track Mario on the "x-plane". I know the devs probably assumed players would do that and it meant it as a troll portion, but I'd imagine only the most seasoned basement dweller with ultra Neckbeard powers can beat a level straight up where Mario is invisible and needing to land 15 hairpin jumps in a row in order to complete it rofl. I imagine there's somebody out there who did it though... cheeto stains on his shirt and 100 4chan tabs open on his laptop at the same time tbh imho
    You ever play the Kaizo Mario games where you have to make pixel perfect jumps off s s after making pixel perfect throws and all? (Kaizo = 改造 = remodel)

I'm not hardcore enough for those. It'll be funny when Super Mario Maker 3 comes out on the next Switch to see how nightmarish people can make levels with invisibility added in.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You ever play the Kaizo Mario games where you have to make pixel perfect jumps off s s after making pixel perfect throws and all? (Kaizo = 改造 = remodel)

I'm not hardcore enough for those. It'll be funny when Super Mario Maker 3 comes out on the next Switch to see how nightmarish people can make levels with invisibility added in.
    I downloaded a Kaizo hack one time and didn't even last 8 seconds. I think it was a level where you're immediately falling, surrounded by es, and had to continually hop on bullet bills just to tread water or something. Never again. I assumed those were all TAS runs until I saw a YouTube video of a neckbeard actually grind through 100 deaths and beat a Kaizo level in 15ish minutes. I was stunned tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210 man, you see the Tekken 8 discount on the RUNE store?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh there is an Elden Ring XBox controller coming out February 25th, must the day the DLC drops. JFC spring 2024 is so stacked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forbidden west is massive af. good thing the combat is fun. reminds me of AC Odyssey where you are just hunting for question marks on the map. but the gameplay in this is significantly better. story is fine, but im constantly getting side tracked with other content.

one thing i had been putting off because i knew i hated them in zero dawn were the hunting grounds. also, playing on Very Hard really s up the stealth challenges in hunting grounds, since even with all the stealth attack abilities unlocked, you STILL cant one shot kill any of the enemies. only way to complete it is to use stealth strike, drop a smoke bomb (i never use smokes in game), then quickly run behind and stealth strike again. if it werent for the time limits it wouldnt be that hard to weaken an enemy, disengage and find cover, then stealth strike again.

but with the time constraint, smoke bomb is the only method. i figured dumping all those skill points into both stealth strike upgrades would have at least given me that benefit, but no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Persona 3 Reload looks even better than I was hoping it could be when it was first rumored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, upgrading weapons is rough. needing very specific machine parts from some big baddies. its tough enough to fight them, but remembering to knock off their tooth and a random gizmo behind their shoulderblades without destroying them... or defeating them but having to leave in tact the big explosive sac that otherwise could have made the fight half as long

its a bit of a chore, but luckily the combat is fun and the added strategy prevents the fights from becoming too trivial/monotonous. supposedly there is an "easy loot" option which basically means if you kill a machine you get literally everything from it, but tbh that feels really cheap and i refuse to do that. the strategy behind it makes the fights more engaging, but having to do them multiple times because between my good gear i need like 9 of the same part to upgrade them all. feel like theres too much overlap between required materials

also, it might be intentional, but im finding it hard not to become overleveled. im at a point where the recommended level for the current main quest is 20 but my character is 33. ive also gone around and done several cauldrons and stuff. but if i just blitz through the main quests earlier, then im going to just be massively overleveled for all the side quests/errands which often give you really good loot/weapons, in addition to skill tree tokens.

so sure, i could have run through the main quests back when i was level 20 but then id have a bunch of level 11 side quests still available. basically im just attacking every quest, whether it be a main quest, side quest, errand, salvage contract, rebel camp, relic ruin, etc, in order of recommended level. but the game has made it so you wind up pretty overleveled by doing so.

the last main quest i did was level 18 recommended and had me fight the big snek, and i think i died maybe once. but then afterwards i did the level 30 cauldron and the boss was the same snek and that thing was pushing my in. its electric attack would literally one shot me from full health so i had to take off my better armor and put on one just for shock resistance to allow me to barely survive that big attack if i ever slipped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Death Stranding 2 looks lit af tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210 man, you see the Tekken 8 discount on the RUNE store?
    Lol nah, but I figured it would get the 100% discount pretty quickly. Tekken 7 did too. What is the RUNE store though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nah, but I figured it would get the 100% discount pretty quickly. Tekken 7 did too. What is the RUNE store though?
    RUNE's just the group cracking the weak Steam DRM these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never tried Watchdogs but I am enjoying Legion right now. It's pretty impressive imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck man, check Persona 3 Reload. Persona 3's awesome story, setting, and characters but with Persona 5 level of graphics and polish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck man, check Persona 3 Reload. Persona 3's awesome story, setting, and characters but with Persona 5 level of graphics and polish.
    yeah I’ve seen some gameplay. Looks great. It’s on my wishlist.

I’m not paying 70 for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you haven't played P3 on PS2 it's probably worthy of full price. Might take a while to come down in price since it's the best selling game Atlus has ever released despite also being on Game Pass day 1. Think it has the best story of the three modern Persona games though P4G has the best characters IMO. Persona 5 still has the best soundtrack of the three though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210 man, the developer accidentally released a Denuvo-less version of Lies of P today, so def hit the high seas for it because it's awesome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210 man, the developer accidentally released a Denuvo-less version of Lies of P today, so def hit the high seas for it because it's awesome
    It's that a souls like game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's that a souls like game?
    Yeah but unlike most Souls clones this one is actually outstanding. Runs great too, was playing at 1800p60 locked on my RX 6700 XT. Graphics are nice too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just finished a first playthrough of P3R, and it's hands down the best game in the series. A must play if you liked P5. Put about 80 hours into it, so nowhere near as long as Persona 5 Royal (which I put 130 hours into my first playthrough), but still a ton of great content there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tried to play divers 2 but got bored pretty quickly. Not my thing

Now to see if Armored Core VI is any good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finished campaign of Horizon Forbidden West

very good game. some big improvements to the first game. i do think the weapon variety was excessive. plasma elemental type felt very worthless. was never worth using even against enemies weak to it like the late game bads. most things that were weak to plasma were also weak to acid, and acid just just much better.

biggest gripe is the farming it took to upgrade late game weapons was just not enjoyable. its not that it was hard. was just time consuming and a... grind. in a game that already has a billion side quests, errands, rebel camps, rebel outposts, salvage contracts, relic ruins, survey drones, melee pits, etc etc etc, having me run around and having to reset at campfires just to farm the same big snek, elephant, or dinosaur 9 different times really just isnt engaging

ill wait for the DLC to go on sale before getting into that, though ive heard its good
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-16-2024 at 07:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elden Ring DLC trailer drops tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , Shadow of the Erdtree and SMT V Vengeance both coming out on the same day

Between these two, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Persona 3 Reload, Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, Rise of the Ronin, and Metaphor: ReFantazio RPG fans are eating good in 2024.

Thread Information